Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

It's always easiest and most accurate to assume musk is saying something dumb and racist and dumber than your initial cold reading of what he says, because his brain is rotted cottage cheese on a diet of weird Twitter nazi stupidity, and he was never smart to begin with.
Worrying amount of people who never watched Glass Onion commenting on his tweets in here.

"Hmm, what are the historical themes he is inviting the reader to draw upon in order to craft a narrative here?"

None. He's an idiot who half remembered the IRA used to blow people up, has attached completely the wrong reason for them doing that, and is trying to goad them into blowing up Africans now.

Which hopefully if they do, they start with one particular African and leave it there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grobbo
May 29, 2014

Skarsnik posted:

BBC News - England cricketer Monty Panesar quits George Galloway's party
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68976806

lol bless him the dumb gently caress

Looks like he needs a good spin doctor
(More loudly)
I SAID, LOOKS LIKE HE NEEDS A GOOD SPIN DOCT-

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Worrying amount of people who never watched Glass Onion commenting on his tweets in here.

"Hmm, what are the historical themes he is inviting the reader to draw upon in order to craft a narrative here?"

None. He's an idiot who half remembered the IRA used to blow people up, has attached completely the wrong reason for them doing that, and is trying to goad them into blowing up Africans now.

Which hopefully if they do, they start with one particular African and leave it there.

Reminds me of how the writer of Glass Onion said he mostly based the character on a couple of billionaires and that it was meant to portray them all as stupid but Musk's freaks were all like "no, this borderline cognitively impaired moron is obviously our dear leader, how dare you!"

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Keith looks so happy. This is the photo currently on the front page of the BBC

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yeah here we go https://twitter.com/BobIsntFunny/status/1607449550813290496

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

fuctifino posted:

I'm willing to bet a packet of Monster Munch (the good flavour) that she'll change her mind before the GE

Where did you find a packet of Ice Cream flavour MM in tyool 2024?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

fuctifino posted:

lmao at the state of westminster. A treadmill of grift.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

fuctifino posted:

this is probably one of the few things all voters hate too

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Fuuuck, 2010 were a different era, when stuff like this was the weirdest thing you'd see all month

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/jul/09/paul-gascoigne-raoul-moat

Lol at his agent's comment still.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

:lmao:

e: https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1788193749165572253

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 14:21 on May 8, 2024

dadrips
Jan 8, 2010

everything you do is a balloon
College Slice
John Swinney's just made wee free nutjob Kate Forbes his deputy. If there was any justice in the world, having a homophobic member of an anhedonic teuchter sect that hates abortion as DFM would consign the SNP to eternal electoral irrelevance, but I've got a sinking feeling this will actually make them more popular.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Never underestimate the underlying Conservatism of the average Scot outside of the liberal enclaves of Edinburgh and Glasgow.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

dadrips posted:

John Swinney's just made wee free nutjob Kate Forbes his deputy. If there was any justice in the world, having a homophobic member of an anhedonic teuchter sect that hates abortion as DFM would consign the SNP to eternal electoral irrelevance, but I've got a sinking feeling this will actually make them more popular.

So... she's still in with a chance of getting to be boss then. :suicide:

At least iv'e got the Irish sea between us.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

keep punching joe posted:

Never underestimate the underlying Conservatism of the average Scot outside of the liberal enclaves of Edinburgh and Glasgow.

I will simply remind the Honourable Member that the TERF in Chief, Joanna Cherry, is MP for Edinburgh South West while John Mason, proper heidbanger that he is, is MSP for Glasgow Shettleston & before that was an MP for Glasgow East & a Glasgow City Council councillor. A man who once argued that Young Earth Creationism should be taught in schools because it can't be disproven by science. A man who used the slogan "Both Lives Matter" in 2019 as part of his regular anti-abortion crusade

Just Another Lurker posted:

So... she's still in with a chance of getting to be boss then. :suicide:

At least iv'e got the Irish sea between us.

The only reason Swinney is leader without a fight is because he clearly promised her the gig. Must admit, I can't see me voting SNP anymore, even at Westminster where the electoral system ensures wee parties stand no chance. I wasn't going at Holyrood anyway because Fergus Ewing is a contemptible poo poo, but nah, not touching this party.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 14:53 on May 8, 2024

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is she literally wearing a flag as a necktie?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/rustyrockets/status/1788177828275466515

:itwaspoo:

The turds in the Thames seem to be getting bigger by the day

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
So what's this John Swinney like then? Good egg?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

bears grylls... cancelled

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Tai posted:

He's at best a middle of the road non-entity. A steady hand party functionary. He was leader in the 2000s when Salmond first stepped down & well, fair to say he's not remembered at all. And that he's willing to sell out Scotland to religious headbangers & TERFs for the sake of party unity says nothing positive.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tai posted:

He's been in government in Scotland for like 25 years straight, and was the leader for 4 years until he was forced out due to not having a working plan for independence.

Also apparently fiscally a conservative and with Forbes in as deputy, socially too.

Would be funny if the Greens threaten to vote him out for this.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Tai posted:

Imagine a terribly boring yet competent accountant, who holds no strong opinions on anything.

You have imagined John Swinney.

I expect that there will be a confidence/supply agreement with the Greens as... Tories are toxic, Labour have an insane tribal hatred of the SNP and the Liberals are just poo poo.

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 15:02 on May 8, 2024

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

OwlFancier posted:

Is she literally wearing a flag as a necktie?

Makes her looks like a stewardess.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Cool, I don't need to vote in another GE then

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/rustyrockets/status/1788177828275466515

:itwaspoo:

The turds in the Thames seem to be getting bigger by the day
Ah, I see, Brand is being 'born again' from the 'sins of the past' much like every time some American Evangelical gets reborn for the second or third time before the trial starts.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is the holy spirit or the river Thames the third humanoid in the image?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If you made a spirit out of distilled thames water it'd be called aqua shitae

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Oh no, I thought Grylls wasn't that type of a religious guy. Or maybe he's just extremely naïve.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

I expect that there will be a confidence/supply agreement with the Greens as... Tories are toxic, Labour have an insane tribal hatred of the SNP and the Liberals are just poo poo.

Hard to imagine appointing Forbes has helped the chances of making a deal with the greens, though. Maybe he can get them briefly on board with some platitudes but at some point he's going to have to actually do a policy or two and choose one of them to piss off

dadrips
Jan 8, 2010

everything you do is a balloon
College Slice

Tories are toxic
They may be, but the first minority SNP admin relied on them for getting budgets passed so stranger things have happened..

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

dadrips posted:

They may be, but the first minority SNP admin relied on them for getting budgets passed so stranger things have happened..

OK yes, but that was before Cameron decided to open the referendum box and plunge the UK into a forever constitutional crisis. The SNP are just as toxic to the Tories as the Tories are to the SNP now.

If the parliamentary Greens want to maintain any influence (and I expect they do) then they'll probably be pragmatic in supporting SNP budgets and abstaining on stuff they dislike. I think it helps them electorally, by peeling off SNP list votes, and also freezes Alba out of the equation.

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 15:35 on May 8, 2024

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Swinney apparently said his priority in government is combating child poverty. The journalist who reported that noted this was the opening line for Yousaf and Sturgeon before him, both of whom didn't really make much of a mark there because of Westminster austerity being the base cause.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Ed Balls - National Treasure

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

Ed Balls - National Treasure

A national treasure on the level of a dust mite

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Read that as "wore that loss well, leaving his wife Yvette Cooper" and was initially cackling.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Fitting given Natalie's husband's behaviour and the Drake allegations, both new and prior to the Lamar murder spree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
E:^^^^ yup

I feel like with the recent rap beef revelations, my brain reinterprets this so that the lower panels represent Drake approving that the subject has a BBL or is a 13yo girl