Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Kaddish posted:

Peepers? It's definitely in the upgrade menu. First option iirc. (Not in the crafting menu)

Ran Eviction Notice today for the first time. It was nice.

Hm, I'll have to check again. I looked in the menu with the other skins like the basic no-skinned look and the other one that was locked but didn't see the peepers one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

explosivo posted:

Hm, I'll have to check again. I looked in the menu with the other skins like the basic no-skinned look and the other one that was locked but didn't see the peepers one.

I might have gotten a plan but I don't think so. I think it just showed up, like everything else purchased from the shop/pass.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Takes some time for stuff to show up on occasion. Restart helps, but you've probably done that already.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m turning a part of my shelter into a crypid corner.

I need more crypid stuff.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Are the FO76 season rewards generally 100% doable if you're getting all your daily and weekly SCORE things done? Or is it bullshit where you have to spend atoms to get it all? I havent been able to find when the current season will end.

Edit: Also sometimes I notice the little SCORE progress bar pop up when I havent completed a Daily or Weekly. Is there some other hidden progress you can make on this?

Books On Tape fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 8, 2024

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Books On Tape posted:

Are the FO76 season rewards generally 100% doable if you're getting all your daily and weekly SCORE things done? Or is it bullshit where you have to spend atoms to get it all? I havent been able to find when the current season will end.

Edit: Also sometimes I notice the little SCORE progress bar pop up when I havent completed a Daily or Weekly. Is there some other hidden progress you can make on this?

From what I've read, you can reasonably get everything with regular play. Spend boosters when you're knocking out weekly stuff, if you can.
Seasons don't have a definite end date until it's announced. They aren't on a firm schedule.

The progress bar can be delayed. The game suppresses certain notifications during combat and it can take a while for it to wake up again.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise

Inzombiac posted:

From what I've read, you can reasonably get everything with regular play. Spend boosters when you're knocking out weekly stuff, if you can.
Seasons don't have a definite end date until it's announced. They aren't on a firm schedule.

The progress bar can be delayed. The game suppresses certain notifications during combat and it can take a while for it to wake up again.

I swear it pops up well after I've done my dailies and weeklies. Also it tends to always happen in the middle of combat in an event. It also only increases a tiny bit, not the usual amount for the daily activities.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Books On Tape posted:

If you do all your weeklies and dailies you can get to rank 100 in about 30-40 days.

The longest season lasted 133 days, the shortest just 63 days. Average is about ~90 days per season.

We are expecting the next season in June according to their roadmap - nothing more specific than that:

Books On Tape posted:

I swear it pops up well after I've done my dailies and weeklies. Also it tends to always happen in the middle of combat in an event. It also only increases a tiny bit, not the usual amount for the daily activities.

Bring up your Pipboy and exit it to force the game to display suppressed popups. It helps skipping the obnoxiously long Event Completed and Legendary Drop screens

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I very much doubt I'll be able to finish this season then. I'm only like level 75 and am just starting to even care about dailies and weeklies. I haven't finished all the main stuff yet.

I got serious stash issues. I can't imagine not having 1st.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 16:42 on May 8, 2024

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
You can kinda work the Dailies and Weeklies into your main quest stuff. I was barely paying attention when I started playing again and got to rank 14, and now that I actually AM doing those challenges I hit rank 24 in like two days. There are some score boosters you can get on the season board thing, and the 3-pack in the Atom Shop has been on sale, too. They help if you know you're going to play a lot.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I never really go into a game with a battle pass with the expectation that I'll completely finish the battle pass. I do dailies if I can in FO76 but am not really letting it inform my gameplay decisions. Though I'm also coming at it from someone who started playing after the season started so it would be an uphill battle for me to get there anyway.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

At least the dailies are extremely simple. I usually knock them out in less than 15 minutes.
Well, more of it involves drinking alcohol because I always sell those.

I try to do one weekly challenge per day and it's been going well.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Don't be afraid to reroll stupid dailies - you get 2 free rerolls every day (along with vendor caps/scrip limits, they reset 1 hour after the daily challenges reset)

After a while the challenges start to cycle, and you'll eventually learn where to go for whatever challenges pop up.

Kill X Blood Eagles? Hop to Nuke Cola World On Tour, and fast travel 1000 feet to the West - Rollins Labor Camp
Kill X Cultists? Hop to Vault 76, and fast travel a mile or two to the West - Point Pleasant.
Kill X Robots? Hop to Foundation, and fast travel to Watoga towards the Southeast.
Kill X Supermutants/Mutant Hounds? Hop to Whitesprings, and fast travel to WestTek to the East.

If you're ever stuck on one, google it - "fo76 need concrete junk" and see all the places Redditor's recommend checking.

It took me about 3-4 weeks of playing before I even realized that Dailys/Weeklys exist and that I wasn't doing them. Now I knock out an entire weeks worth in a single night, or all dailies within 15-20 minutes.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 18:27 on May 8, 2024

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Otacon posted:

Don't be afraid to reroll stupid dailies - you get 2 free rerolls every day (along with vendor caps/scrip limits, they reset 1 hour after the daily challenges reset)

what

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

My daily challenges reset at Noon

My daily rerollers, vendor caps, scrip machine, and bullion machine limits all reset at 1pm

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Otacon posted:

My daily rerollers, vendor caps, scrip machine, and bullion machine limits all reset at 1pm
Yep, its extremely dumb lol but has been that way forever

Warframe just last year (or 2022? time has lost all meaning) synced all its resets. Boy those were seriously dumb as well

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Warframe is a billion weird choices that somehow make an excellent game, in spite of itself.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Inzombiac posted:

Warframe is a billion weird choices that somehow make an excellent game, in spite of itself.

It's wild that I can boot that game up try to do a daily in a mode they introduced over a year ago only to find a mode breaking bug, then when I search that bug on the internet it's been there since the mode launched and never got fixed.

Like duvari still breaks completely if the host leaves, and then insert new people queuing into one of the broken instances with a random equipment loadout -or potentially none- and even drop you into a permanent limbo in a transition area between undercroft and duvari.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I thought I read that boullion is 24 hours after you last sold.

The 400 daily limit is seriously a bummer. That's 2 events worth. Per day.

Edit - 1 note = 10 bouillon, not 100.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 19:17 on May 8, 2024

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

TheAgent posted:

Yep, its extremely dumb lol but has been that way forever

Warframe just last year (or 2022? time has lost all meaning) synced all its resets. Boy those were seriously dumb as well

It's always been extremely dumb, but it actually used to be even dumber... Less than a year ago, resets used to be on a 20 hour personal timer from your initial interaction with a vendor.

Kaddish posted:

I thought I read that boullion is 24 hours after you last sold.

The 400 daily limit is seriously a bummer. That's 2 events worth. Per day.

Bullion has been changed to the daily reset time

You can trade up to 40 treasury notes a day, to receive 400 bullion - most events typically reward you with 2-8 treasury notes.

Once a week you can trade caps for bullion at The Wayward (I believe only after completing Vault 79, not sure though)

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Otacon posted:

It's always been extremely dumb, but it actually used to be even dumber... Less than a year ago, resets used to be on a 20 hour personal timer from your initial interaction with a vendor.

Bullion has been changed to the daily reset time
man I seriously blocked that from my memory

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I find it hilarious and awesome that Cannibal still works perfectly fine with the Herbivore mutation. "Oh yeah, I'm basically a vegetarian. I just have one small exception... a little treat food I couldn't give up." :chef:

It's me, I'm the vegetarian cannibal.

VV: Fantastic username/post combo. I think my guy would like to have you over for dinner

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 8, 2024

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
We can have a little human flesh, as a treat

Otacon posted:

I never noticed this, I've been on a break from F76 since before they added rerolls and it hasn't occurred to me to try it since I developed the habit of "just play another character when throttled"
thanks!

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Books On Tape posted:

yeah that's your gain x amount of experience one, it works until rank 100.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Ok, a couple of definitions I'm still not clear on in 76:
A "gun" is any kind of ranged weapon, energy or ballistic (for the purposes of gunsmith)?
A "non-automatic rifle" is anything with a stock, firing in semi-automatic mode, including charged weapons, but excluding heavy weapons (for the purposes of building for single-shot energy weapons)?

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Black Griffon posted:

Ok, a couple of definitions I'm still not clear on in 76:
A "gun" is any kind of ranged weapon, energy or ballistic (for the purposes of gunsmith)?
A "non-automatic rifle" is anything with a stock, firing in semi-automatic mode, including charged weapons, but excluding heavy weapons (for the purposes of building for single-shot energy weapons)?

On this note, are shotguns considered non-automatic rifles or are they not?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

(non)automatic is based on the receiver of the gun.
The Fixer can be single shot (rifleman) or automatic (commando).
Same with tons of other guns.

Check the stats of the weapon, mod the receiver to what you need.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
So I just jumped into an Eviction Notice that was well populated but it looks like mutants had overrun the scrubber and people were just milling around watching them beat the hell out of it? Higher level people too. I ran over and started blasting mutants but the event failed.

What was going on?

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
25 player vendors checked, still no Ultracite Jetpack plan. The hunt continues. Might just have to launch another nuke.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Kaddish posted:

So I just jumped into an Eviction Notice that was well populated but it looks like mutants had overrun the scrubber and people were just milling around watching them beat the hell out of it? Higher level people too. I ran over and started blasting mutants but the event failed.

What was going on?

My friend is better at noticing such things and has pointed out AFK event players many times when we've played together. It's a real dog act. I guess it could either be that (just idly pressing WASD while doing something else), or they'd decided somehow the event had failed?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Kaddish posted:

What was going on?

The people are mostly fighting the mutants on the outskirts of the area and sometimes they don't notice that some mutants have slipped through, or if they do they think, like, "oh hey someone else will repair the scrubber, I think that's someone there right? Anyway, back to shooting!"

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Kaddish posted:

What was going on?

I have been part of one successful event, and it gave me a ton of 3-star stuff because I shot everything I saw at least once.

I really do not know how the event actually works, but it seemed to me that every time the scrubber breaks it just gives a "you die now" radiation pulse, and the mutants just keep pouring in.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
So I should be checking out these nukes right? People are doing them to draw out 1 of 3 boss fights evidently?

Also, I've been wanting to start using mutations so have been camp hopping looking for people selling serums. Haven't found any.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 8, 2024

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I feel like people make Eviction Notice out to be way more complicated than it is. You destroy the meat bags, you kill mutants for seven minutes. Someone repairs the scrubber when it fails. Bring some radaway and a suit and you're golden.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Kaddish posted:

So I should be checking out these nukes right? People are doing them to draw out 1 of 3 boss fights evidently?

They’ll have the usual event map marker if the boss is active - the nuke zone hangs around for a while afterward and you can get some specific mats for a couple crafts that only exist in the nuke zones otherwise, but it’s not really that exciting.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Books On Tape posted:

I think I'm at like SCORE 110 or so and I've been pretty much doing the dailies and weeklies every week but never grinding a lot of the xp one.

Der Kyhe posted:

I have been part of one successful event, and it gave me a ton of 3-star stuff because I shot everything I saw at least once.

I really do not know how the event actually works, but it seemed to me that every time the scrubber breaks it just gives a "you die now" radiation pulse, and the mutants just keep pouring in.

Super mutants attack the rad scrubber in the middle. If they blow it up, it spews radiation all over the place for a while and you have 20 seconds or so to fix it before the event fails. After you fix it, the radiation persists for a little while (10 seconds?). Last until the timer ends and you win. Oh and also there are 6 meat bags that need to be destroyed.

EN is most notable because it spawns a ton of legendaries. One EN will often max out my scrip for at least 2 days. For some dumb reason almost all of the 3 star legendaries spawn in the same canyon area, so everybody tends to hang out there and often people don't notice when the scrubber is taking a beating (or figure somebody else will handle it). It is probably one of the harder non-boss events for new players.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

... or like I did it and don't bring a power armor but way too much Rad-X and Radaway because you forgot that they have stack weight, and don't hug the scrubber.

Or am I missing something since I am lvl 24 right now and I have a sort of power armor made from few T-45 pieces, one Raider part that fit and without left leg and right arm? Both my fusion cores are also at 25% load so I really don't use it for anything.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Kaddish posted:

It's almost always worth it to join in on the boss fights, although the ultracite titan makes some people crash a lot. Earl is tough and probably not worth it for really new players unless they get lucky and are carried. The SBQ is basically free server wide loot and you should always join in except in the rare case nobody else is bothering with it (or the only people around are low leveled). SBQ gets you easy stable flux and also improved repair kits which are handy.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If you go to the nuke zone for the special materials, be sure to use or sell them quickly.
They rot and stack weight like a motherfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

The important thing about crafting stable flux is that the limiting factor is almost always the glowing mass, hardened mass, and high-radiation fluids which you get from killing things in a nuke zone. If you run around and farm too much raw flux it will mostly go to waste unless you already have a stash of those other components.