Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Incendiary Breaker + Gas Strike + Flamethrower + Laserdog combo netted me close to 800 kills on a lvl7 Bug mission before.
:chanpop:

Gas Strike thrown down on bug breaches pretty much mops up the bulk of the breach.
1 min refresh makes it incredibly versatile, and I was using it to clear out bug nests before heading in with a grenade pistol to clear up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I feel like the effective use of the arc thrower has me aiming above where I want the bolt to hit, is that right? I'm pretty sure I missed some close-up shots because I directed the bolt right into the ground instead of the enemy right in front of me.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You want to aim slightly above their heads/horizon line if possible.
Aiming down will, generally, cause a dud arc

"Arc weapons sometimes behave inconsistently and sometimes misfire." is still a known issue.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Ash1138 posted:

i did this while trying out the breaker incendiary last night against bugs and ended every mission with a zillion kills at 85% accuracy somehow

Hitting with one pellet per shot is still hitting.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Infinitum posted:

Incendiary Breaker + Gas Strike + Flamethrower + Laserdog combo netted me close to 800 kills on a lvl7 Bug mission before.
:chanpop:

Gas Strike thrown down on bug breaches pretty much mops up the bulk of the breach.
1 min refresh makes it incredibly versatile, and I was using it to clear out bug nests before heading in with a grenade pistol to clear up

I picked up a flamethrower from a guy who left the game and along with another player we double roasted a bug breach I dropped some gas on. So fun.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I think tonight I am going to try gas+stun grenade+ flame thrower for bugs.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
A fun one is dropping gas and napalm on top of each other and seeing what survives.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hwurmp posted:

free 'em and flee 'em

democracy & be off with ye

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Making really loud fart sounds on comms when you call in gas strike helps a ton, and hasnt gotten me TKed yet

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

orbital strike and take a hike

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Dyz posted:

Run through its legs and drop the 500 right under it during the stompy animation. I actually find it more reliable to do this, but probably just because destroying the sacs does damage. Also baiting the tantrum stomp (not the big single stomp) will usually kill every bug underneath it.
Will try that, but I find myself magnetically attracted to its instakill legs for some reason.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I’ll paraphrase myself and say

Turn 380° and walk away

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dandywalken posted:

Making really loud fart sounds on comms when you call in gas strike helps a ton, and hasnt gotten me TKed yet

I had a guy once who kept loudly burping into the mic. Kinda seemed like it was from a soundboard, actually.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Always call in a gas strike before you enter the Pelican, that way it looks like it farted so hard it launches itself into space.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Horace Kinch posted:

Always call in a gas strike before you enter the Pelican, that way it looks like it farted so hard it launches itself into space.

poot and scoot

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Durzel posted:

Will try that, but I find myself magnetically attracted to its instakill legs for some reason.

It always melees with its right leg first (your left when running towards it) for both types of stomps. Just dont do it when it spits because it can angle the spit underneath itself.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Video Nasty posted:

I feel like the effective use of the arc thrower has me aiming above where I want the bolt to hit, is that right? I'm pretty sure I missed some close-up shots because I directed the bolt right into the ground instead of the enemy right in front of me.

Yes, it's both better for consistently getting the shot off and against bots it'll help you get more headshots

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Dyz posted:

Just dont do it when it spits because it can angle the spit underneath itself.

Raise your hand if you also got hit with the concentrated slurm blast.

ArmyGroup303
Apr 10, 2004

If this were real life, I would have piloted this helicopter with you still in it.
Someone called for Pelican One in San Francisco.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/laser-beam-coit-tower-san-francisco-19444613.php

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hunters= bad
Stalkers = extra bad
Nursing Spewer = "teehee did I sneak up behind you almost completely silently and spew vomit on your pinkie finger, instantly killing you?" bad

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Chargers really need a distinct and impossible to miss audio cue. They should sound like a drat freight train and shake your headphones/chair when they get up to speed. It's not cool to get flattened by a bug the size of a bus which you physically cannot even hear coming between explosions and guns firing and other bugs gibbing.

Especially on the cursed spore/fog/blizzard/sandstorm planets. Double plus so when there are also spore towers.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Waffle House posted:

poot and scoot

shart & depart

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Maybe it does this but Orbital EMS just shutting down every gunship would help it shine against EMS mortars.

I’m not asking for gunship tips just talking about a strategem.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

sushibandit posted:

Chargers really need a distinct and impossible to miss audio cue. They should sound like a drat freight train and shake your headphones/chair when they get up to speed. It's not cool to get flattened by a bug the size of a bus which you physically cannot even hear coming between explosions and guns firing and other bugs gibbing.

Especially on the cursed spore/fog/blizzard/sandstorm planets. Double plus so when there are also spore towers.

You can only hear them charge, when they walk they are totally silent

Infinitum posted:

Hunters= bad
Stalkers = extra bad
Nursing Spewer = "teehee did I sneak up behind you almost completely silently and spew vomit on your pinkie finger, instantly killing you?" bad

This is why we use light armour and shields. Can’t get killed if you never stop moving *

*subject to rng

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Hwurmp posted:

shart & depart

poo poo and split

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Evacuate and evacuate

Weedle
May 31, 2006

spurt n skrrt

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

nothing to worry about

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Black Noise posted:

Maybe it does this but Orbital EMS just shutting down every gunship would help it shine against EMS mortars.

I’m not asking for gunship tips just talking about a strategem.

It should stun bile titans and factory striders. It definitely needs something to be more than just a really expensive stun grenade.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Liberate and escape

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

eagle strike and pelican hike

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Durzel posted:

The issue with ricochets killing players was a problem of their own making, wasn't it? I'm sure there was a patch recently where they decided to make any sharpnel ricochet directly back at the person firing the gun regardless of whatever angle they happened to shoot the armoured part at. Maybe don't have shrapnel defy physics for lols and then rebalance based on that?
Late but they did not do this at all, you fell for patch day reddit outrage.

What they changed about ricochets was simply enabling a player's own shots to damage themselves, so that if your shot ricochets back into you, it will damage you. Previously ricochets could only damage teammates, not the shooter themselves.
This had a side effect of enabling eruptor shrapnel to kill the shooter.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

chargers have been doing this weird skate/glide thing half the time after I stun them, what's up with that. it doesn't seem intended behavior

also I really hate how silent they are

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Zmej posted:

chargers have been doing this weird skate/glide thing half the time after I stun them, what's up with that. it doesn't seem intended behavior

When the Charger hits you with Raging Demon :shepicide:

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Zmej posted:

That happens when you stun them once they've already begun their charging animation. Yes it's very annoying

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
rocket and book it

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
My friend had a glitch where he’d salute a dozen times before he could deploy. Anyone else seen this?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Steve Yun posted:

My friend had a glitch where he’d salute a dozen times before he could deploy. Anyone else seen this?

That's just a form of OCD and he should see someone if it's causing problems for him.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

That's just what happens when you mash return on the ready screen. It looks like you're winding up your fist or rolling dice so I do it every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I do it all the time and if you unready fast enough it allows you to salute and pick your stratagems.