Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I mean, link to an article or something. I'm not reading Twitter posts or watching TikTok for news so maybe gently caress off with your poo poo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Worst camouflage ever

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Has Elon tuned down the race baiting or is it just no longer novel or interesting to point out his ketamine hole apartheid screeds anymore?

In the last 24 hours, it looks like he's only posted about immigrants immigranTS MMIGRANTS uhhhhhh hmmm maybe a dozen times.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

:thunk: it takes me like 2 minutes max to find specifically requested pictures in my ever-expanding Trump image library

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Potato Salad posted:

Has Elon tuned down the race baiting or is it just no longer novel or interesting to point out his ketamine hole apartheid screeds anymore?

In the last 24 hours, it looks like he's only posted about immigrants immigranTS MMIGRANTS uhhhhhh hmmm maybe a dozen times.

It's too depressing for me doing the Trump trial and then Elon doing a billion racisms.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

holtemon posted:

Worst camouflage ever

Given their unreliability, would you even be able to service them in Russia?

kazil posted:

It's too depressing for me doing the Trump trial and then Elon doing a billion racisms.

Thank you for running the Trump trial.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Signal: closed, un-auditable, unsecure, haXored, incompetent

Twitter: open, auditable, secure, l33t, competently designed

thank you Lord Jesus for Elon Musk

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Anderson Koopa posted:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Lmao that Elon is obviously choosing sides in this dumb rap beef on arguably the worse side. Dude is like a fly and always finds the biggest pile of poo poo.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

MrQwerty posted:

here is the cybertruck wrapped with a Tundra

according to all the Tesla stans, Toyota and people who drive Toyota trucks had to have felt "totally owned" by this for... well they never said why.

As usual, the chuds keep on pwning the libs. It's very real. The libs are right there, in reality, cowering and sniveling as I...*scrolls up*... lacerate my leg severely enough on the door to require stitches???

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

holtemon posted:

Worst camouflage ever

Okay but the Lithuanian customs agents should have let this go to Russia. I see exactly zero reason to part any overly-credulous, hyper-wealthy fools from motorized suicide booths, regardless of national origin.

This isn't a "omg geopolitics" post, this is me being absolutely giddy with how many wealthy fools have been separated from six figures of that wealth for a car that, in addition to looking incredibly stupid, requires repair sometimes before they even have a chance to drive it.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
The biggest crime there is we miss seeing the Cybertruck turned into a technical, and it getting nailed by a drone.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

There's even a Wikipedia article. That means it must be important!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake%E2%80%93Kendrick_Lamar_feud

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

CitizenKain posted:

The biggest crime there is we miss seeing the Cybertruck turned into a technical, and it getting nailed by a drone.

They’d have to bring in Red Adair after the conflict is over to put out the fire.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

WhyteRyce posted:

How’s that Tesla insurance working???

Still love the insurance though.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

CitizenKain posted:

how do you turn it into a technical, there's not enough space in the fake bed to mount anything and put a person in there to use it lmao

it cant drive offroad, either

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MrQwerty posted:

here is the cybertruck wrapped with a Tundra

according to all the Tesla stans, Toyota and people who drive Toyota trucks had to have felt "totally owned" by this for... well they never said why.

This guy: I'm gonna paint my Cybertruck to look like a normal truck to own the normies somehow.

Me: Oh wow, that piece of poo poo actually looks halfway decent with real contour lines on it. Shame about it still being a Cybertruck though.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

nine-gear crow posted:

This guy: I'm gonna paint my Cybertruck to look like a normal truck to own the normies somehow.

Me: Oh wow, that piece of poo poo actually looks halfway decent with real contour lines on it. Shame about it still being a Cybertruck though.

that wrap and the camo wrap were during the period where Tesla was sending them out to drive around cities to drive up hype

Tesla paid for that

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

MrQwerty posted:

:thunk: it takes me like 2 minutes max to find specifically requested pictures in my ever-expanding Trump image library

It takes him longer because the file names in his meme folder are just hdmaxresdefault.jpg, maxresdefault.jpg (1), maxresdefault.jpg (2), maxresdefault.jpg (3), etc.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

It's true, the best a Cybertruck can hope to look is equivalent to a Toyota whose cab has been partially crushed by attempting to drive under insufficient clearance

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MrQwerty posted:

that wrap and the camo wrap were during the period where Tesla was sending them out to drive around cities to drive up hype

Tesla paid for that

Elon: How are we going to market my masterpiece?

Telsa Goon 1: We'll cover it in a vinyl wrap that makes it look like a better, more popular truck to trick people into buying it.

Elon: That's a [ketamine kicks in and Musk stares at the wall thinking it's a giant touch screen for six hours while everyone else goes home for the day]

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Drake, like Elon Musk, thinks all small businesses want to give him free things for exposure. Maybe next time let the manager pick up the weed, champ.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
I cannot get over what an absolutely life destroying financial decision the cybertruck is. Apart from the fact the car might physically kill you or a light breeze will cause extensive maintenance work.

There is going to be no resale value when Elon guts the company and the software stops working.

These Libertarian dickheads with passive income fantasies could just mortgage a property and then rent it.

ghouldaddy07 fucked around with this message at 17:27 on May 8, 2024

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

holtemon posted:

Worst camouflage ever

Aww, Ukraine's attempt to burn down another Russian complex, foiled!

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I feel sorry that a portion of the world is beta testing FSD whether they want to or not.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

ghouldaddy07 posted:

I cannot get over what an absolutely life destroying financial decision the cybertruck is. Apart from the fact the car might physically kill you or a light breeze will cause extensive maintenance work.

There is going to be no resale value when Elon guts the company and the software stops working.

These Libertarian dickheads with passive income fantasies could just mortgage a property and then rent it.

it's like buying an Edsel except you aren't allowed to work on it under any circumstances and won't be able to figure out how to work on it even if you try (unless you dedicate multiple personal fortunes to doing so)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

MrQwerty posted:

i like for all the super nova burning hate I have for emojis. atleast pictograms a form of communication that is capable of "poetry" or subtext. image macros on the other hand just have layers of cringe as the worse people on earth think that theyre important.

also yeah sure, Twitter has """""encrypted"""""" DMs, stop asking about the gov. and security suits musk lets into the backrooms or musk himself going through DMs of Grimes or his posting enemies

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Slotducks posted:

you wont care when your insurance premium hikes are offset tenfold by the revenue your car nets you while you sleep when its on its robotaxi shift

*wakes up to find a pool of vomit on wheels charging inside my garage*

Oh good my Cybertruck is safe

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ghouldaddy07 posted:

something falls off my Civic(which costs less than a 1/3 of a cybertruck), I go over to the dealership and they have me fixed up in a few hours. Maybe there's a labor cost. Or if I feel like the dealership is shady, I can take it a half dozen other autorepair places that have access to the same supply channels the dealership has.

The cybertruck's gear selector/wheel/brake pedal falls off, you're looking at 4 months before the dealership can fix it. No you can't take it to a 3rd party shop. If you fix it yourself, you're risking voiding the warranty.

Also if you're looking into electric offroading more capable than a cybertruck, go get one of those ~$1000 AliExpress golf carts and install better suspension, swap the motor and battery.

coconono fucked around with this message at 17:43 on May 8, 2024

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Anderson Koopa posted:

I would be more worried about being bricked from software updates

roffles
Dec 25, 2004
who needs robotaxis im going to be carried around in a palanquin by 4 Optimii

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Potato Salad posted:

Okay but the Lithuanian customs agents should have let this go to Russia. I see exactly zero reason to part any overly-credulous, hyper-wealthy fools from motorized suicide booths, regardless of national origin.

This isn't a "omg geopolitics" post, this is me being absolutely giddy with how many wealthy fools have been separated from six figures of that wealth for a car that, in addition to looking incredibly stupid, requires repair sometimes before they even have a chance to drive it.
Oh so you think it's fine to import highly advanced AI technology into a sanctioned country if it's funny?

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

zedprime posted:

Oh so you think it's fine to import highly advanced AI technology into a sanctioned country if it's funny?

Don't worry, the cybertruck can't even run Autopilot/FSD.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

ghouldaddy07 posted:

It's not. And they know it's all bullshit. But it has to be bitter to blow all that on a toy and it's a lovely toy. Like a toy you wait years for and breaks a day after you get it. Then you have to drive the regular car and loudly tell everyone your cyber truck is in the shop for the next 6 months (after which it breaks again).

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

temple posted:

It's not. And they know it's all bullshit. But it has to be bitter to blow all that on a toy and it's a lovely toy. Like a toy you wait years for and breaks a day after you get it. Then you have to drive the regular car and loudly tell everyone your cyber truck is in the shop for the next 6 months (after which it breaks again).

Still love the truck though.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Imagine if they just made a normal rear end EV pickup truck

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kazil posted:

Imagine if they just made a normal rear end EV pickup truck

can't do that when you can't do anything another automaker is doing because INNOVATION

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Lmao, I finally saw the Trukk in person today, and let out a literal :lol: in delight at how dumb it looks in real life. I hope it's just someone passing through, though, this is a tiny rural town where I've only seen a handful of Teslas, so I wasn't expecting anyone to have the $100k mobile dumpster around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lmao, I finally saw the Trukk in person today, and let out a literal :lol: in delight at how dumb it looks in real life. I hope it's just someone passing through, though, this is a tiny rural town where I've only seen a handful of Teslas, so I wasn't expecting anyone to have the $100k mobile dumpster around here.

yeah its really shocking how pictures just don't do it any justice at all
if you've never seen one, christ, every picture of it looks like a goddamn marketing photoshop of a Ferrari compared to what it looks like IRL