Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: really queer Christmas)

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

ProperGanderPusher posted:

All the boomer evangelicals in my Southern suburb are still 100% all-in for Israel. The genocide is completely deserved in their eyes for Palestinians being the descendants of Old Testament bad guys.

Evangelicals have to be all in on Israel; their batshit apocalypse they dream of depend on Israelites controlling Jerusalem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

American Fascists are profoundly stupid by design

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

Ace Transmuter posted:

Evangelicals have to be all in on Israel; their batshit apocalypse they dream of depend on Israelites controlling Jerusalem
their dream of apocalypse is about white people getting to treat the whole of the world as a new settleable frontier with which to construct their ideal peti-bourgeois utopia. narratives of "israel" are a fabricated after-the-fact excuse, and if this "israel" fails they will invent a new "israel" wherever they think they can revive colonialism

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/redstreamnet/status/1788229837884182859

and this is going on right now at the Amsterdam encampment:
https://twitter.com/AT5/status/1788229489102585939

https://twitter.com/i/status/1788233373783040295

and yesterday:
https://twitter.com/AT5/status/1787683676987306429

spechtie has issued a correction as of 16:54 on May 8, 2024

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

stumblebum posted:

their dream of apocalypse is about white people getting to treat the whole of the world as a new settleable frontier with which to construct their ideal peti-bourgeois utopia. narratives of "israel" are a fabricated after-the-fact excuse, and if this "israel" fails they will invent a new "israel" wherever they think they can revive colonialism

No, they very literally think they will be raptured into heaven after the 3rd temple is built, which users in the Tribulation.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

stumblebum posted:

Well yeah, but also they dream of an actual literal apocalypse, like Revelations, Antichrist, Final Battle poo poo. They want the actual world to end, and there's a laundry list of "signs" that have to happen first, and Israel is on there.

They are a literal apocalypse cult.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 41 minutes!

Chillgamesh posted:

I legit don't understand how even the punisher skull fascist types can cling onto the US at this point.
the punisher represents [extrajudicially] brutalizing and killing the Bad Guys and the people they dont like are the Bad Guys so there's really no incongruence here

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of
yeah, and then they will literally believe their next story when they come up with one to justify attempting to bring about the apocalypse closer to home

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 41 minutes!
why would a comic about an aggrieved ex-vet angry at a system that betrayed him whose solution is to lash out with vigilante torture and murders to get back at the Bad Guys self-emblazoned with a giant deathshead on his chest be popular with fascist types i wonder

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Obviously yes they will pivot when it does not happen, but do not discount just how loving insane these people are.

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
students in amsterdam emptying fire extinguishers on riot police
https://twitter.com/Raounakk/status/1788230433739522096

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

spechtie posted:

students in amsterdam emptying fire extinguishers on riot police
https://twitter.com/Raounakk/status/1788230433739522096

"Demonstratie is ontbonden?" "Er wordt met brandblussers gespoten op ME’ers?"

this can't be a real language

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
I think USA has showcased how there is no peaceful interaction with police, gently caress them up if you can!

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

The Alchemist posted:

I think USA has showcased how there is no peaceful interaction with police, gently caress them up if you can!

US cops would just go weapons free if anyone thought about doing that

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

bedpan posted:

this can't be a real language

we hebben een serieus probleem

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Chillgamesh posted:

I legit don't understand how even the punisher skull fascist types can cling onto the US at this point.

statistically it's one of the safest jobs available that doesn't require any education, training, skill, or mental stability

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

insane clown pussy posted:

statistically it's one of the safest jobs available that doesn't require any education, training, skill, or mental stability

Just gotta be one of the boys otherwise youll become a good cop

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Ace Transmuter posted:

Well yeah, but also they dream of an actual literal apocalypse, like Revelations, Antichrist, Final Battle poo poo. They want the actual world to end, and there's a laundry list of "signs" that have to happen first, and Israel is on there.

They are a literal apocalypse cult.

Jesus will pull a flaming sword out of his mouth and do sickass combos on the nonbelievers

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/missymarxist/status/1787927283237347597?t=hlmRy1ysWeuJerjVz5NI8Q&s=19

How did this ever air? Surprised that the news station didn't cut away the moment they realized he wasn't going to be a frothing rage monster for their clicks.

goddamn this man is great

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Currently listening to the federal government platforming sob stories from students whose sensibilities are hurt about antisemitism on campuses in Canada and how unfair it is that the cops aren't brutalizing protesters like they do down in the USA.

Any dumbass weirdo can get into the national press theater if they have some MP sponsoring them it seems.

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Just gotta be one of the boys otherwise youll become a good cop

the other day some us marshal and a few local yokels got blasted trying to serve a warrant in charlotte and the news tried to play up how brave these dead gay heroes are and it turns out only 11 marshals have died on duty in the past decade and a half, including the most recent one

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

youtube age-restricted the macklemore video.

https://twitter.com/LailaAlarian/status/1787874725345087506

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
speaking of discipline, even the black bloc in Portland managed to apparently not harm a single library book
https://www.opb.org/article/2024/05/07/portland-state-university-library-collection-largely-unscathed-despite-building-damage-protest/

quote:

When Cris Paschild learned that demonstrators protesting the war in Gaza were occupying Portland State University’s library on April 29, she immediately headed to campus. As the head of the Branford Price Millar Library’s special collections and the university’s archivist, she felt compelled to protect the library somehow. But there was little she could do when she arrived that night. Protesters had blocked off entrances into the library. Paschild said she paced outside, watching the bright lights of the fire alarms flashing inside.

The next morning, Paschild explained who she was to protesters guarding the entrance to the library. They eventually let her in and together they worked to clear out and secure the library’s special collections.

“They actually were really receptive and seemed to hear what I was saying and what my concerns were,” Paschild told OPB. “I appreciated that.”

Protesters barricaded the entrance to the archives with furniture and put up signs directing people to protect the area. Paschild left and hoped for the best. A few days later police cleared out protesters occupying the library.

Paschild returned on a guided tour of the library last Friday. The university’s special collections, home to one-of-a-kind, historical community archives, appeared to be intact.

quote:

During the occupation, protesters graffitied the exterior and interior of the library with slogans such as “Free Palestine” and “Disarm PSU.” All five floors of the library had some sort of graffiti on the walls. Protesters used furniture like tables, chairs and sofas to block off doorways and stairwells. Fire alarms were ripped out and disabled.

But Morris, who has been overseeing parts of the cleanup since Friday, noticed the library’s books were largely undisturbed.

“The book stacks seem pretty untouched,” Morris said. “There was a lot of graffiti and signage that said, ‘leave the books alone’ or ‘don’t touch the books.’”

The university’s Dark Horse Comics collection, which had originally been reported as missing or stolen, also appeared to be intact.

of course the cops and library president lied about this

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

KomradeX posted:

US cops would just go weapons free if anyone thought about doing that

that would only kick off a genuine domestic insurgency. it’ll happen eventually

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Mandel Brotset posted:

that would only kick off a genuine domestic insurgency.

the gently caress it would lmao

Mandel Brotset posted:

it’ll happen eventually

this parts true though

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

ProperGanderPusher posted:

All the boomer evangelicals in my Southern suburb are still 100% all-in for Israel. The genocide is completely deserved in their eyes for Palestinians being the descendants of Old Testament bad guys.

Yeah same, I feel like the people who say "nobody supports Israel" anymore either live in a young, more left-leaning bubble or they just never leave their house.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Mandel Brotset posted:

lol, lmao. America bro they'll be hailed as heroes

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Someone several pages back posted the actual reactions from people who lived around Kent State right after the ng killed those kids and it was all "good shoot" and complaining about how low the body count was.

Come the gently caress on about domestic insurgencies

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

my_custom_username posted:

Yeah same, I feel like the people who say "nobody supports Israel" anymore either live in a young, more left-leaning bubble or they just never leave their house.

Their exposure to real people is this thread and their twitter feed (curated from embedded tweets in this thread)

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Mandel Brotset posted:

lmao no it would not, Biden would give them all the congressional medal of honor

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

bedpan posted:

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

KomradeX posted:

lol, lmao.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

yeah, the united states is full of monsters indifferent to, or delighting in, the suffering and death if the righteous.

the only thing that might trigger a populist uprising in this demon cracker nation is gas going above $6 a gallon.

the heart and soul and the entire history of the nation is killing, stealing and enslaving

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

captainbananas posted:

Someone several pages back posted the actual reactions from people who lived around Kent State right after the ng killed those kids and it was all "good shoot" and complaining about how low the body count was.

Come the gently caress on about domestic insurgencies

A guy named "Kurt Saxon" even started publishing a series of books about do-it-yourself explosives because he wanted people attack hippies and antiwar protestors with the bombs. We know this because Kurt Saxon testified before congress about this.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mandel Brotset posted:

then when the insurgency fails they all become stock bros and ceos like last time

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
at the very least they become bestselling authors about their time as an insurgent

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 17 days!)

Arc Hammer posted:

Currently listening to the federal government platforming sob stories from students whose sensibilities are hurt about antisemitism on campuses in Canada and how unfair it is that the cops aren't brutalizing protesters like they do down in the USA.

Any dumbass weirdo can get into the national press theater if they have some MP sponsoring them it seems.

What does Jaroslav Hunka think about this? Somebody should bring him back.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/missymarxist/status/1787927283237347597?t=hlmRy1ysWeuJerjVz5NI8Q&s=19

How did this ever air? Surprised that the news station didn't cut away the moment they realized he wasn't going to be a frothing rage monster for their clicks.

he's cooking. these students own

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

insane clown pussy posted:

it can be very dangerous if you try to be a good one, cause your fellow employees will gently caress you up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

VROOM VROOM posted:

speaking of discipline, even the black bloc in Portland managed to apparently not harm a single library book
https://www.opb.org/article/2024/05/07/portland-state-university-library-collection-largely-unscathed-despite-building-damage-protest/

of course the cops and library president lied about this

Props to her and the Bloc for realizing the cops would destroy that poo poo without thinking twice and blame the protesters