Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
they gave RFK the same brain surgery they gave Rosemary and told him it was because he had a worm living up there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

mod pretending to post normal

Had to do some research on this one. Apparently he started losing his hair at 17 so he never got to experience a full life of a full head of hair. Thus,

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

let a George frolic

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

mags posted:

my worm and I live in peace as well

thats a homo tapeworm

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

tristeham posted:

certified forum mod

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Peaceful today. Too Peaceful

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

forum mods of a certain age

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Dokapon Findom posted:

Had to do some research on this one. Apparently he started losing his hair at 17 so he never got to experience a full life of a full head of hair. Thus,

Wait did he get hair plugs or surgery or we?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Crazypoops posted:

Wait did he get hair plugs or surgery or we?

it's the summer of george

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
bald much?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

bedpan posted:

forum mods of a certain age

Certified lover boy, certified forums mod

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol hoot becoming cornpilled

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
At this point, Mr. Hootington has eaten 7 different probes of varying length in the last month in this forum for his weird posting schtick, and it's gotten to the point where he's making GBS threads up multiple threads and a mod is stepping in to tell people not to reply to the guy. Wouldn't it make more sense at this point to just toss him a forumban?

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

genericnick posted:

That's basically how I got my last cat. Probably got thrown out because she was losing so much hair. Still does, but what can you do.

lol bald rear end cat. fits right in here

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Lol @ every other forum and lmao @ cspam

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

KirbyKhan posted:

Certified lover boy, certified forums mod

lol kirbs plz....

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

he wants the probes! You fools!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he posted this the day before he started trolling the cornette thread

Mr Hootington posted:

Yep

Going to get cornpilled and revive the Cornette thread.

he definitely might be earnest though, let it play out

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
100% genuine love for a new hyper fixation

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
combine the wrestling and gun forums

leave lumpentroll alone

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Rather than worrying about me overreacting to this person, would it not simply be easier to get rid of them altogether?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Cuttlefush posted:

leave lumpentroll alone

very well

selec
Sep 6, 2003

brain don’t wanna work today. got one more meeting, then going to go snip the rhubarb flowers off and then just make music I guess

selec
Sep 6, 2003

can’t keep up with wrestling drama or gun drama so keep up the good work there I guess

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

KirbyKhan posted:

100% genuine love for a new hyper fixation

im starting the process of installing enough mods to live in skyrim permanently

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Al! posted:

I have a game spec I’ve been keeping in google docs where the primary experience is about simulating hanging out in a cozy tent which is rained on constantly. I think the game aspect is about controlling some drones in a valley below where your tent is set up, and you gradually build out better monitoring capabilities, trying to accomplish [goal] with your small, but gradually-improved drones, while a competing set of drones show up eventually to try and stop you.

but the main thing is being in a tent in the rain.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Al! posted:

you should have chosen morrowind smh

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao hoot forbidden from becoming cornpilled

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

selec posted:

I have a game spec I’ve been keeping in google docs where the primary experience is about simulating hanging out in a cozy tent which is rained on constantly. I think the game aspect is about controlling some drones in a valley below where your tent is set up, and you gradually build out better monitoring capabilities, trying to accomplish [goal] with your small, but gradually-improved drones, while a competing set of drones show up eventually to try and stop you.

the cool thing im rediscovering about skyrim in vr is how cozy it is to just find a small town and hang out doing quests there for a while as if you were The Littlest Hobo.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
im not even sure i can consider that what hoot is doing is trolling he's just posting normally. they should kill him though

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you should have chosen morrowind smh

its a race to see whether skywind or morroblivion comes out first

selec
Sep 6, 2003

selec posted:

this also dovetails with a story setting I’ve had for years about a business called It Always Rains In Southern California, a chain of businesses that allow people to rent time in a simulated environment where it’s raining—a tent, or the recreated (and enlarged) back compartment of a late-model station wagon so it feels like you’re child-sized when you crawl into it.

the idea of being safe and warm but listening to the nearby rain is an incredible, forever vibe for me.

I gotta figure out what the story is about, but I think in some way it’s about the generational breach of people who can afford that kind of experience, and in fact need it psychologically vs what a younger person who hasn’t dove into what from their youth still gives them comfort makes of it

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Cuttlefush posted:

leave lumpentroll alone

comms received. lumpentroll will be annihilated.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Cuttlefush posted:

leave lumpentroll alone

I don't think the chris benoit subforum is a good idea

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

selec posted:

this also dovetails with a story setting I’ve had for years about a business called It Always Rains In Southern California about an employee at a chain of businesses that allow people to rent time in a simulated environment where it’s raining—a tent, or the recreated back compartment of a late-model station wagon so it feels like you’re child-sized when you crawl into it.

the idea of being safe and warm but listening to the nearby rain is an incredible, forever vibe for me.

I gotta figure out what the story is about, but I think in some way it’s about the generational breach of people who can afford that kind of experience, and in fact need it psychologically vs what a younger person who hasn’t dove into what from their youth still gives them comfort makes of it

you should play Pacific Drive imo

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

that's good al!. build a nice little village too and save a plot of land for me. i'll be joining you soon !

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

selec posted:

this also dovetails with a story setting I’ve had for years about a business called It Always Rains In Southern California about an employee at a chain of businesses that allow people to rent time in a simulated environment where it’s raining—a tent, or the recreated back compartment of a late-model station wagon so it feels like you’re child-sized when you crawl into it.

just base it in 'snow crash'

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Lpzie posted:

that's good al!. build a nice little village too and save a plot of land for me. i'll be joining you soon !

fetcher

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

At this point, Mr. Hootington has eaten 7 different probes of varying length in the last month in this forum for his weird posting schtick, and it's gotten to the point where he's making GBS threads up multiple threads and a mod is stepping in to tell people not to reply to the guy. Wouldn't it make more sense at this point to just toss him a forumban?

lol

selec
Sep 6, 2003

titty_baby_ posted:

just base it in 'snow crash'

no that would suck lol. whereas I can see a business like that existing in the very near future. like an escape room but for escaping everything outside the room to retreat to a safe, comforting place that is also an extremely niche thing. I dunno, I think I thought of it after seeing a cat cafe for the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

goth smoking cloves posted:

I don't think the chris benoit subforum is a good idea

not even norton can save you now