Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

kazil posted:

Imagine if they just made a normal rear end EV pickup truck

It would be way worse
The cybertruck is the idea of computer, followed by conceding to reality and making a truck.

If they started out with the EV Pickup they would over design everything to make it a computer.
It would be like pimp my ride crossed with apple products for the sake of "disruption."

They would put a computer screen in the mud flaps. the bed would be weirdly shaped. it probably wouldn't even have window-wipers. The steering wheel would be a triangle. The gear changer would be on the door handle. It would have seven wheels.

And the charger would plug-in under the car, in the center.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

long rear end time ago I did some Ford Ranger conversations to deep cycle lead acid + motor mated to torque converter. it wasn't hard, and they worked just fine as literal mall security third shift trucks. even got strips for the heater (it's Georgia, you don't need the heater most of the time).

you can totally electrify a truck if you decide from the outset not to be a loving moron about it.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

CitizenKain posted:

The biggest crime there is we miss seeing the Cybertruck turned into a technical, and it getting nailed by a drone.

The cybertruk can function briefly as a tank turret

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The cybertruck can resist arrows, which is very impressive to Russians

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Potato Salad posted:

you can totally electrify a truck if you decide from the outset not to be a loving moron about it.

Elon Musk, "No."

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Potato Salad posted:

long rear end time ago I did some Ford Ranger conversations to deep cycle lead acid + motor mated to torque converter. it wasn't hard, and they worked just fine as literal mall security third shift trucks. even got strips for the heater (it's Georgia, you don't need the heater most of the time).

poo poo, Ford even made EV Rangers out of my truck lmao but they cost the equivalent of $100k for a Ranger Sport

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

MrQwerty posted:

poo poo, Ford even made EV Rangers out of my truck

quote:

It was produced starting in the 1998 model year through 2002 and..

25 years ago! Lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

holtemon posted:

25 years ago! Lol

as someone who drives a $300 Ranger Sport, I can categorically deny that I would ever pay $100k for a Ranger Sport

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Oh man we had a little danger Ranger at my last job and it was always a fun time

The idle speed would get you to 30mph before you ever had to touch the gas lol

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

holtemon posted:

Worst camouflage ever

Russia run out of Chinese golf carts?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

hahaha oh man this truck will never not provide a daily lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTTMVIhMkkM&t=761s

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

WhyteRyce posted:

hahaha oh man this truck will never not provide a daily lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTTMVIhMkkM&t=761s

Lol German engineers probably watching this and going "mein gott Tesla what are you doing"

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
tesla is part of the stephen king universe now

all their cars hunger for blood

maybe teslas ran over all the parents from children of the corn, but obviously that wouldn't be the case because they want child blood more than anything else

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

holtemon posted:

Lol German engineers probably watching this and going "mein gott Tesla what are you doing"

now let me put a few more pipes and tubes in front of every possible component on the engine you would need to access without pulling the engine + transmission and dismantling the entire thing, maybe hide the ECU in a place where it will collect water and requires disassembling the entire engine bay

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What part of 25 min video should I be looking at

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

euphronius posted:

What part of 25 min video should I be looking at

Frunk cover comes off and the monstrosity is revealed at 14 minutes

Random leak starts at 16 minutes lol I think it's windshield wiper fluid

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
At this point you can just assume a Tesla is dumping water directly into the body somewhere.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Platystemon posted:

The problem with using it for advertising is that it’s going to spend all of its time in the shop.

So just park it and never move it I guess, but that that point you may as well make a mockup from sheet steel.

this is what billboards are for, op

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

zedprime posted:

At this point you can just assume a Tesla is dumping billionaires directly into the water somewhere.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

zedprime posted:

At this point you can just assume a Tesla is dumping water directly into the body somewhere.

It's called trickle-down economics

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Elon Musk: Trickle-clown economics

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

MrQwerty posted:

as someone who drives a $300 Ranger Sport, I can categorically deny that I would ever pay $100k for a Ranger Sport

My 2002 in lowest possible trim was 4 figures brand new out-the-door.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Park a ford lightning next to a regular F150 and most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference. It's totally doable to not be a complete weirdo about EV vehicle design.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

priznat posted:

Park a ford lightning next to a regular F150 and most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference. It's totally doable to not be a complete weirdo about EV vehicle design.

yeah but almost nobody wants to for some loving reason

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

Yeah it seems like the ford sales have peaked ages ago too and they are having a tough time selling more of those.

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

i like for all the super nova burning hate I have for emojis. atleast pictograms a form of communication that is capable of "poetry" or subtext. image macros on the other hand just have layers of cringe as the worse people on earth think that theyre important.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bip Roberts posted:

I would be more worried about being bricked from software updates

Musk would never do that to his boy Putin

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

zedprime posted:

Does this void the warranty?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The warranty comes pre-voided for your convenience

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

priznat posted:

Yeah it seems like the ford sales have peaked ages ago too and they are having a tough time selling more of those.

Its a $70k truck that can't do a lot of the truck things you'd want from that price. Once you get to that range, its competing with 3/4 ton trucks that you'd get to actually attach a trailer to.
An electric truck would have made way more sense at the Maverick/Ranger levels.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

MrQwerty posted:

why would i want to buy a car from a company listed at 12$/stock when i can buy a truck from a company listed at 174$/stock
im a winner baby not a loser buddy

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
if your cybertruck is out at night doing its driverless robotaxi thing, what happens to your insurance if it gets into an accident where the ai is clearly at fault

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

ymgve posted:

if your cybertruck is out at night doing its driverless robotaxi thing, what happens to your insurance if it gets into an accident where the ai is clearly at fault

The AI has its own insurance premium to deal with, not your problem

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

CitizenKain posted:

It’s a $70k truck that can't do a lot of the truck things you'd want from that price. Once you get to that range, its competing with 3/4 ton trucks that you'd get to actually attach a trailer to.
An electric truck would have made way more sense at the Maverick/Ranger levels.

Totally agree, they’re ridiculously large with the full cab etc. A full EV Ranger would have been sweet and would had some actual off-road ability unlike the trvck

Instead they made the ranger raptor which is impressive in its own way and selling like hot cakes anyway

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

ymgve posted:

what part about the massive revenues outweighing the insurance premiums cost don't you understand? are you simple?

those massive revenues can allow you to buy a second cybertruck, to which you can run two robotaxis at night, which then allows you to get 2 cybertrucks, to which you can run 4 robotaxies at night, which then allows you to get 4 cybertrucks, to which you can run 8 robotaxies, which then allows you to get 8 cybertrucks, to which you can run 16 robotaxies at night, which then allows yo-

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Anderson Koopa posted:

Given their unreliability, would you even be able to service them in Russia?

It's Russia, so they'd rig up something involving some tubing from an old Lada, some copper wiring that just happened to fall off the back of a truck somewhere, and an empty vodka bottle.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

If you are robotaxiing your truck at night do you have to hose out all the fuckjuice every morning

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

priznat posted:

If you are robotaxiing your truck at night do you have to hose out all the fuckjuice every morning

that would void the warranty

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

ymgve posted:

You should buy lifetime insurance now which will offer forevereal replacements but you need to buy it now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Decrepus posted:

You should buy lifetime insurance now which will offer forevereal replacements but you need to buy it now

Hell the Star Citizen rubes fell for this one, I'd imagine the Tesla rubes would all buy it too lol