Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Grimes??? I didn't know you had an account

You're confusing me with poster Waffle House

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Desert Bus posted:

You're confusing me with poster Waffle House

Waffle House isn't Grimes, he is just being stalked by your half AI baby.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Waffle House isn't Grimes, he is just being stalked by your half AI baby.

Waffle House has a full AI baby with Grimes, not half. Sorry for being wrong on the internet. I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Desert Bus posted:

I used an app to get pregnant and now my baby is half AI

Oh, stupid babies need the most attention.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Oh, stupid babies need the most attention.

This is all in my quest to make the dumbest AI

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Desert Bus posted:

This is all in my quest to make the dumbest AI

Isn't this how they beat GlaDOS

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

nobody knows what an. exe is

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

this marvel of an AI-powered hardware assistant can be yours for only $199!
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7365144333965659422

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lpzie posted:

be back later drizzy lol

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

spechtie posted:

lmao

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Lpzie posted:

Do you? I've once attempted a deep dive on the actual structure of the format to try making a custom launcher that could gently caress with them and decided the official format is like a 7 dimensional maze with documentation spread across 30 years of websites and paper manuals, and decided my time could be better spent staring blankly at a wall.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ikanreed posted:

Do you? I've once attempted a deep dive on the actual structure of the format to try making a custom launcher that could gently caress with them and decided the official format is like a 7 dimensional maze with documentation spread across 30 years of websites and paper manuals, and decided my time could be better spent staring blankly at a wall.

just join the church of Justine Tunney

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

:stonk:

https://x.com/TechnoIogyvid/status/1765999494821548510

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Palladium posted:

that is unironically awesome actually

Subjunctive posted:

I take back 25% of the bad things I’ve said about AI

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

https://twitter.com/harikunzru/status/1788045740012450019

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, it's particularly gross.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s too thin to be a “slab”.

That’s Cook’s plate.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

:sigh:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I'm the 00.01% of people who doesn't think their tablet is powerful enough.

like, what apps are people running that any modern tablet actually struggles with these days.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

dr_rat posted:

like, what apps are people running that any modern tablet actually struggles with these days.

crypto mining

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
app bloat is probably a good driver of new sales

got a piece of poo poo ipad mini from 2017 and all my e-reader apps barely chug along on that

honestly the piece of poo poo kindle fire tab from that same time works better

Morbus
May 18, 2004

it undeniably has the electrolytes babies crave

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

dr_rat posted:

you say that but have you seen how nice an OLED screen looks

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

spechtie posted:

the future... is here

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

jesus loving christ

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Dr. Killjoy posted:

app bloat is probably a good driver of new sales

got a piece of poo poo ipad mini from 2017 and all my e-reader apps barely chug along on that

honestly the piece of poo poo kindle fire tab from that same time works better

this so much!! you gotta find old versions of the os and apps and there's no way to stop the tablet from asking if you want to upgrade every day.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

dr_rat posted:

increasing amounts of ads and tracking in everything means it’s all slow and boated as gently caress regardless of the hardware. the future!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

whatever version of ipad i have [old] struggles to run awful.app with all the twitters and tiktoks and associated bullshit

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

I mean... yes, please. Anything that gets me through the work day.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I am terrified of turning into Elon Musk.

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

Ham Equity posted:

I mean... yes, please. Anything that gets me through the work day.

nothing wrong with drugs, but I'd rather have society and work structured in such a way that I don't get depressed, and then do drugs for fun instead.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

spechtie posted:

nothing wrong with drugs, but I'd rather have society and work structured in such a way that I don't get depressed, and then do drugs for fun instead.

I would also rather have this, but the fact that this doesn't exist seems like a really crappy reason to deny me drugs.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Ham Equity posted:

I would also rather have this, but the fact that this doesn't exist seems like a really crappy reason to deny me drugs.

yeah but when employers bribe a doctor to spam meth prescriptions to make everyone work harder, it's not actually a net positive. it's a tool to let them exploit workers even more.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

spechtie posted:

sounds great. let me know when you get that sorted so I can come down from my trip

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

silentsnack posted:

yeah but when employers bribe a doctor to spam meth prescriptions to make everyone work harder, it's not actually a net positive. it's a tool to let them exploit workers even more.

lol the DEA would never allow this to happen. I was just saying somewhere about the amp shortages that it really is baffling that anything that'd improve productivity would be prohibited instead of mandatory

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

silentsnack posted:

get a meth prescription to work harder but instead of working harder you just do the meth in your free time

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Time to update the wiki.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Halser posted:

get a meth prescription to work harder but instead of working harder you just do the meth in your free time

Yeah I was gonna say, if any job was foolish enough to give me loving ketamine, I sure as hell wouldn't be doing it to be a more efficient worker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If your boss is your dealer you won’t be able to quit without going through withdrawal. I would rather get my drugs from somewhere else.