Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ever run a Thaleia where there were no wipes, but the first three bosses lasted long enough to charge level 3 LBs and the last boss was a few seconds away from starting a second cast of it's ult?

I have. :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I only need about 3000 more comedy tomes to get every Credendum piece for all jobs but I would need 40+ more Thaleia coins to augment them all, and I just can't do it. The raid is so slow and boring.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
jesus christ. just wait 7 weeks and get aug credendum with poetics

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Or just don't because by then the gear will only barely matter for a dungeon or two.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

About nine more Thaleia runs would get me enough coins to upgrade everything, but I'd need another 16 or so runs of Euphrosyne. That one is more of a fun time though.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

FuturePastNow posted:

I only need about 3000 more comedy tomes to get every Credendum piece for all jobs but I would need 40+ more Thaleia coins to augment them all, and I just can't do it. The raid is so slow and boring.

this is what happens to mmo players when they don't have a mythic dungeon equivalent. please think about the enrichment and sensory needs of your mmo players

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Do EW hunt trains for your comedy and you'll have enough seals to buy the upgrade item by the time you're capped on tomes for the week.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

parasyte posted:

jesus christ. just wait 7 weeks and get aug credendum with poetics
On that note, I think you'll be able to augment the regular gear for 100 tomes per piece if it's anything like Cryptlurker.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Or just don't because by then the gear will only barely matter for a dungeon or two.
Eh, it usually gets you about halfway through the expansion. It's probably not worth busting your rear end to get a set for your main or whoever is going to benefit from questing gear, but buying Aug Crendulum with Poetics for alt jobs is definitely gonna be a good idea if they're anything like my alts and have pretty mediocre ilvl.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I kept my comedy capped for about a month before I realized that the jobs that still needed them + upgraded were like, 10th+ in line for leveling and would be kitted out from random drops in the 93 dungeon before I needed to worry about it.

Do it. Go into Dawntrail in full 650 gear. No one will know or care.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You're going to get fresh new gear for every slot before the first dungeon from quests anyway.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

conversely if you do not have a maxed out manderville weapon for every job before maint next month you'll suffer a ten thousand year blood curse

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Oxyclean posted:

Eh, it usually gets you about halfway through the expansion. It's probably not worth busting your rear end to get a set for your main or whoever is going to benefit from questing gear, but buying Aug Crendulum with Poetics for alt jobs is definitely gonna be a good idea if they're anything like my alts and have pretty mediocre ilvl.

The difference the 650 set will make vs the 660 only matters if you're doing the actual dungeons in that range, and even then the difference will be negligible. Even if you disregard the gear coffers you get from the msq, you'll get more than enough dungeon gear to be properly equipped for the content. Hell, you can go through every single Endwalker story dungeon with unauged cryptlurker, until the point that you're given the AF set to deal with the rest. I bet that'll hold true in DT.

Same for alt jobs. Either you're doing the dungeons and will have more than enough gear to supplement the 650, or you're not doing the dungeons and leveling other ways and the gear doesn't matter.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 8, 2024

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
Clearly the most important thing is stockpiling two Ascension Weapon Coffers, since VPR and PCT won't get L90 relics. Aloalo Manuscripts will probably also work, but that seems less certain.

Anything else can be fixed with poetics after Dawntrail is released. Bloodcurse clearly only applies if actually playing with a sub-665 weapon at L90+.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

The difference the 650 set will make vs the 660 only matters if you're doing the actual dungeons in that range, and even then the difference will be negligible. Even if you disregard the gear coffers you get from the msq, you'll get more than enough dungeon gear to be properly equipped for the content. Hell, you can go through every single Endwalker story dungeon with unauged cryptlurker, until the point that you're given the AF set to deal with the rest. I bet that'll hold true in DT.

Same for alt jobs. Either you're doing the dungeons and will have more than enough gear to supplement the 650, or you're not doing the dungeons and leveling other ways and the gear doesn't matter.

Oh fair, I didn't realize we meant having a full set of 650 vs 660, misunderstood and kind of just thought we meant the general replacing of level 90 gear.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

FuturePastNow posted:

I hate to spoil all future story in this game but: you're always going to win in the end. every expansion is going to end with an 8-person trial that you will not lose

6.0 didn't end with an 8 man trial though?

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Xerophyte posted:

Clearly the most important thing is stockpiling two Ascension Weapon Coffers, since VPR and PCT won't get L90 relics. Aloalo Manuscripts will probably also work, but that seems less certain.

Anything else can be fixed with poetics after Dawntrail is released. Bloodcurse clearly only applies if actually playing with a sub-665 weapon at L90+.

if they don't give me a glowy pct weapon to level with from this stupid manuscript i'll send nasty emails to the dev team

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Gonna stockpile some Orthos bits and roll into DT wielding a high-tech tablet and stylus.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

jalapeno_dude posted:

6.0 didn't end with an 8 man trial though?

Hades specifically asked you to remember him and everything, jeez.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Xerophyte posted:

I've got eight p12s books and am stocking one aloalo savage drop just for this. Whichever of the two p12s weapons looks cooler gets the coffer cause as soon as I hit 95 that poo poo's going straight into the glamour chest.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Vitamean posted:

Do it. Go into Dawntrail in full 650 gear. No one will know or care.

Yeah that's my plan, since credendum is no use for glam it's all getting fed to the grand company anyway once those jobs hit 100

aers
Feb 15, 2012

also I doubt they add edenmorn weapons until 7.1 with the ult but I want the pct edenmorn weapon too so I should probably hop into an e12s group to grab a coffer before dt just in case...

people did note in the benchmark viper has some weapons it shouldnt have (there seems to be an omega weapon) so there might be omega pct weapons too.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ImpAtom posted:

Hades specifically asked you to remember him and everything, jeez.

You must have forgot that the fight with him was the end of 5.0.

6.0, like 2.0, doesn't end with a trial but rather a solo duty. 3.0, 4.0, and 5.0 ended with trials.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Healers seem like the weird exception that get easier in many ways as you get higher level, since you seemingly just keep getting extra buttons that pop off powerful (usually instant-cast) heals, while other jobs usually have to integrate their new buttons into rotations. AST seems like maybe it's more complex, but I get the impression both Scholar (my highest at 79 currently) and WHM (I think 67 or something) follow this pattern.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Healers seem like the weird exception that get easier in many ways as you get higher level, since you seemingly just keep getting extra buttons that pop off powerful (usually instant-cast) heals, while other jobs usually have to integrate their new buttons into rotations. AST seems like maybe it's more complex, but I get the impression both Scholar (my highest at 79 currently) and WHM (I think 67 or something) follow this pattern.

Healers get tougher as well in that higher-end stuff starts throwing more things you need to pay attention to and occasionally heavier/stricter conservation of your skills for the right moment, as well as on the spot decision making on if you can risk saving someone who hosed up or not. They just also do have a pretty high level of variability from dungeons to extreme/savage stuff and a high level of variability there depending on how good the people you're playing with are.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Healers have no real concept of a rotation, so you're more or less correct.

Fights are completely scripted, so incoming damage is predictable and scheduled, and our situational toolkits just get bigger and more flexible. While a dps consistently gets adjustments and additions to their normal flow, healers just get more options. For most of the game, a healer toolkit is also overkill, so you really only see healer gameplay come to its apex in the harder difficulties, low ilvl, when the frequency and amplitude of damage requires such a variety of options, and the usage will need to be planned out in advance.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I'm gonna buy 660 il gear with poetics the second Dawntrail launches and then I won't change it until I finish 7.0

anyway further in EW: i tried doing the 89 trial with duty support and after half hour I gave up. God. That'd've been so cool to do but they kept dying like flies. Good one, though.

Anyway EW is so loving rich in gamemaster anthony scenes I am living for it. Every time a buncha characters from across the plot appear on screen together I just point at the screen and pog at the camera

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Healer kits get more and more complicated as they level for their healing purposes, but incoming damage doesn't actually keep up with all that extra healing until you hit current content extreme/savage.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

goblin week posted:

I'm gonna buy 660 il gear with poetics the second Dawntrail launches and then I won't change it until I finish 7.0

anyway further in EW: i tried doing the 89 trial with duty support and after half hour I gave up. God. That'd've been so cool to do but they kept dying like flies. Good one, though.

Anyway EW is so loving rich in gamemaster anthony scenes I am living for it. Every time a buncha characters from across the plot appear on screen together I just point at the screen and pog at the camera

You should absolutely be upgrading it with free gear you get from quests and with dungeon drops.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

You should absolutely be upgrading it with free gear you get from quests and with dungeon drops.

too much armory chest clutter, healers adjust

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Why the gently caress wouldn't you at least wear your dungeon drops

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Professor Beetus posted:

I have 2 things left in the ARR loot box and need those GC seals.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Vitamean posted:

conversely if you do not have a maxed out manderville weapon for every job before maint next month you'll suffer a ten thousand year blood curse

i already suffer from a blood curse (i play mmos)

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Ojjeorago posted:

I have 2 things left in the ARR loot box and need those GC seals.

Seals -> ventures -> quick ventures -> loads of green trash -> loot boxes

It's an infinite energy loop

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Professor Beetus posted:

they'll only get better at like level 95, at this point it's sunk cost fallacy

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Professor Beetus posted:

Playing devil's advocate, but if you have a messy armory chest / things at a lot of different levels and/or end up leveling a lot of stuff at the same time, I feel like you'd end up with a lot of clutter since it'd be easy to end up with like, 95 gear, 97 gear, 99 gear, the multiply that by multiple roles.

Personally I got everything at 90 so it should be easy enough to get everything into credendum gear for a fairly clean starting point.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Professor Beetus posted:

Most of them are just worse stats than the last tomeset upgraded until the 95 dungeon. The 96 whites (HQ) I think usually equal them or get just above as well. If you're geared at the end of an expac you don't actually need any of the gear you're given until over halfway through the expac, usually.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Most of them are just worse stats than the last tomeset upgraded until the 95 dungeon. The 96 whites (HQ) I think usually equal them or get just above as well. If you're geared at the end of an expac you don't actually need any of the gear you're given until over halfway through the expac, usually.

Yup, and the corollary to this is you can sell the quest rewards for shitloads of money. You would think this wouldn't be the case since everyone is doing MSQ and should be getting them, but no. HQ quest rewards were consistently going for 100k+ during EW launch window.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Unless they do something weird, they’ll be equivalent in stats (ilvl 660) to the 93 dungeon drops. Crafted 94 HQ, which will also be quest rewards, will be better. 660 will also be eligible for the 99 dungeon.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

There isn't another stat squish coming with DT is there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Mr. Nice! posted:

You must have forgot that the fight with him was the end of 5.0.

6.0, like 2.0, doesn't end with a trial but rather a solo duty. 3.0, 4.0, and 5.0 ended with trials.

Oh, yeah, I'd forgotten that the reworked 2.0 also ends with a solo duty now. And with the rework of Steps of Faith, every .55 (well, technically in HW it was 3.56, but whatever) now ends with a solo duty too. So expacs ending with trials definitely seems more like the exception than the rule at this point.