Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse (Genesis) -- this game kicks rear end. I wish it had 7 levels corresponding to the 7 gems instead of only 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

39) minnesota fats: pool legend (saturn, cleared story mode)

i hate video game pool but if you put a bunch of funny fmv in your video game pool well, i'll play it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hey man. If you need someone to talk to my DMs are open.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
the fmvs are pretty funny

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

lol

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

In Training posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

In Training posted:

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

AA walking into his living room after ending a seven hour stream to beat Winnie the Pooh Home Run Derby and being greeted by 15 seated Imps solemnly and silently staring at him

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

39) minnesota fats: pool legend (saturn, cleared story mode)

i hate video game pool but if you put a bunch of funny fmv in your video game pool well, i'll play it

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

symbolic posted:

AA walking into his living room after ending a seven hour stream to beat Winnie the Pooh Home Run Derby and being greeted by 15 seated Imps solemnly and silently staring at him

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

In Training posted:

symbolic posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

symbolic posted:

lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

14. Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim (PS2), 5/8

Bit of a random choice but only took me a few evenings to beat. I opted to beat the PS2 version this time as I hadn't beaten it since it first came out and have gone through the PC version at least two times (i think?). The 3D models are decent, I never understood the hate for them. The voice acting ranges from pretty good (pretty much all of Scott McNeil's 50 different roles, the guy hamming it up as Ernst really well) to absolutely loving terrible, namely Terra, holy loving poo poo I don't know if it was poor directing or what but that is legitimately one of the most annoying "modern" professional VA performances in a game I can think of. XSeed's PC release added in fast travel but the backtracking isn't too bad, given the overall world is small. It only takes a handful of screens to get from the village to the human town, but I can see how it would grate on people

The platforming in this was always Not Great, but the PS2 version in particular suffers from somewhat slower response leading to some frustrating moments with navigating certain dungeons. You can see how it builds on Ys V and how this led into Seven gameplay-wise which is interesting. the soundtrack is one of the weaker Falcom entries imo even if there are a few excellent tracks

I'm glad they moved away from platforming and made it suck a bit less with Oath in Felghana, and the party system in the newer games owns. that being said, I wouldn't mind a new solo adventure with Adol just for old times sake

Still a fun game and im nostalgic as hell for it

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

04. Rusty's Retirement (PC, 2024)

Great little idle clicker game with an even better soundtrack. It's like if you stripped Stardew Valley down to the most essential farming mechanics and then added automation. For something that is ultimately really pointless, it was incredibly engaging. I got all the acheivements and unlocked everything, so I'm counting that as "beating" the game, but really it's not a game that is beatable in the traditional sense as there's no real end goal. Just build out a cool farm on whichever map you like most and chill.

8/10

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

What the gently caress.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Wormskull posted:

What the gently caress.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wormskull posted:

What the gently caress.

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

What the gently caress.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Denny's Dustbowl (PC)

Had a great time with this. It's like if you stripped down SimFarm to the bare essentials and added in SimAnt but took out all the ants. Wanted to 100% it but ended up overgrazing the first few years on the farm and got polio. Had to shoot a few trespassing Okies and set their jalopies on fire after they tried to steal some eggs and just said, eh, gently caress it, not worth the plat. All in all, it was a complete waste of time for a clicker and I count having my family set the barn on fire with me inside it as "beating" it. loving hated it

8/10

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

What the gently caress.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Good soup! posted:

Denny's Dustbowl (PC)

Had a great time with this. It's like if you stripped down SimFarm to the bare essentials and added in SimAnt but took out all the ants. Wanted to 100% it but ended up overgrazing the first few years on the farm and got polio. Had to shoot a few trespassing Okies and set their jalopies on fire after they tried to steal some eggs and just said, eh, gently caress it, not worth the plat. All in all, it was a complete waste of time for a clicker and I count having my family set the barn on fire with me inside it as "beating" it. loving hated it

8/10

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis) -- I managed to get good enough at the bonus stages to get 3 continues and beat it. The later stages are pretty hard.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Frenz posted:

Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis) -- I managed to get good enough at the bonus stages to get 3 continues and beat it. The later stages are pretty hard.

wow im literally playing this right now. whoa.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mycophobia posted:

I assume you're good enough

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

the little farm clicker game is a fun way to pass time at work. haters carry on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDDw6e9GNH0

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh awesome, I get to be a metal furry that fucks plants but I don't even get to control my dick? Suck it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

tmfc posted:

the little farm clicker game is a fun way to pass time at work. haters carry on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDDw6e9GNH0

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

mycophobia posted:

Goon luck gamer

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

40) alien vs predator (arcade, cleared with linn)

this is like the one big capcom beat em up i never really touched for more than a minute for some reason and yeah i get why people like it so much. i missed having a run but there's just a real variety and fluidity to the moves that makes it feel great to play

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

this

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

drat I never once saw an Alien vs Predator cabinet out in the wild and I went to an absurd number of arcades all over South Jersey/Philly for fuckin years, poo poo always made me mad

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Good soup! posted:

drat I never once saw an Alien vs Predator cabinet out in the wild and I went to an absurd number of arcades all over South Jersey/Philly for fuckin years, poo poo always made me mad

They got one at the Yestercades in Westfield. North Jersey stays winning.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Good soup! posted:

The epic mini golf/bumper boats/batting cages/arcade I went to as a kid and had a birthday party at one year had one and it kicked rear end. They always had good games and kept poo poo fairly updated.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Whoever probates myco is ill of mind & body, and their soul is full of pus.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

P-Mack posted:

They got one at the Yestercades in Westfield. North Jersey stays winning.

gently caress;;!!!!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The epic mini golf/bumper boats/batting cages/arcade I went to as a kid and had a birthday party at one year had one and it kicked rear end. They always had good games and kept poo poo fairly updated.

arcades owned by people that actually knew what games were good ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

steamworld dig