Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

idiotsavant posted:

that's why the immediate annulment is kinda weird tho; like if you're actually eyes open going into it you should probably realize that you're going to run into struggles like this, where your dopey spouse doesn't really think things through "right" cause that's how his brain is wired, and you'll probably either have to directly manage the whole thing or just be able to accept what happens with as much grace as you can

tbh kinda sounds like the bride got the rose-colored glasses smacked right off and is maybe figuring out that actually she can't do any of that
Yeah, if my guess is true he likely has figured out that his immediate family members are no longer reliable sources of social debugging, but while his autism means this could be less directly his fault
than the tale as old as time of the passive people pleaser, it's also pretty harshly highlighted the issues OP would have to help deal with going forward.

That said, I'm not sure if she's thought of this that deeply? I'm not saying this to criticize her, you don't need to pass a certain level of deep thought to break things off with someone, it just sounds like this hurt her really badly and she can't even stand being around him right now so she's just taking the move that allows her to separate from him most easily. It's a way bigger legal and emotional mess than if this had happened when they were just dating .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Midnight Voyager posted:

Okay but... you're acting like big breaches of trust are just to be expected for anyone with autism and I guess that feels kinda crappy to me. It's not rose-colored glasses to think autism wouldn't cause you to hear a no, be pressured into a yes, and then sneak around your wife's back to make it happen. There are plenty of autistic people who do not do those things. It's not just an "oh bother, dopey spouse's brain wiring has done it again!" thing.

And "directly managing the whole thing" doesn't help if your spouse is lying to you and hiding things. What kind of management in this situation would have kept the proposal from happening? Just refusing to allow him to interact with his family?
Right, I'm not really trying to absolve him from blame. He's an adult, he has agency, it sounds like she pretty clearly explained her no to him. If his family successfully convinced him there was a social thing he didn't understand going on, the right move would have been for him to let her know they were telling him this instead of keeping things a secret. I've got no blame for her for bouncing, it just extra sucks for her this happened at their wedding and she realized this was a situation she can't tolerate right as they were legally bound and had already spent the money on a wedding.

Like. She tried to manage it by clearly explaining her feelings to him. That didn't work.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I went looking for wedding drama, found something a bit odd.

Help with unusual employee request

quote:

I manage a technical department of about 12 people, and I am about 6 month into my current position. In my previous position i managed the same number of people, but for a much larger company that had layers of management above me, so I am kind of new at being the boss.

One of my employees, call him Deepak, is a second generation Indian American. He is planning on getting married, it is an arranged marriage with a woman in India facilitated by both sets of parents. The parents of the bride are coming to the US from India as a final step. He has asked me to have a meeting with his future in-laws, basically as a character and professional reference. I am somewhat uncomfortable with the idea for several reasons. One is that potential for misunderstanding due to cultural differences seems high . Two, Deepak is competent, but does not really apply himself. A "class clown" if you will, coworkers find him either amusing or annoying (and on a personal level I am in the second group), his technical skills are above average, but he applies them with below average frequency. So his professional performance is satisfactory, but this is not a person I would recommend for promotion, or sing genuine accolades for.

On the other hand I want to support my team, and be an effective leader. This is very important to Deepak, so from leadership perspective I feel like I should take the meeting to show I have my peoples back. However my American business etiquette sensibilities are screaming that this is a disaster in the making.

Any advice is welcome.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Cythereal posted:

My advice to this guy: Get over yourself. Meet the future inlaws and say "Yo, my man Deepak is the loving star member of my team. We would be lost without him. He is a fuckin catch that you better not let go!" this isn't hard and doesn't require a ton of fuckin though.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Cythereal posted:

Offer to write a letter ? He's a business guy he can probably make it sound good but not say anything of substance

His reliability matrix as well as his dependability zone are both ranked in the first nexis quadrant

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
yeah why wouldn't you consequence-free lie if it helps someone you don't dislike and want in good spirits

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

This person seems like they'd rather chew their own leg off than praise somebody else, which means they're perfectly suited for management.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

It's funny how people pleasers never seem particularly interested in pleasing their spouses

It's a negative side effect of getting really comfortable with someone. It's good to be so comfortable with your spouse that you know you can make an occasional stupid mistake, and they'll forgive you and still love you. They allow you to be your authentic self in front of them, warts and all. But that can also allow your toxic traits to take over, and you end up neglecting their needs, because they're typically so forgiving of your lovely behavior so you don't worry about it too much. It's easy for one person to overstep boundaries, because the other wants to avoid conflict and typically won't raise a fuss over it, even if it's a repeated pattern. They're not saying anything because they're hoping it simply won't happen again next time.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for moving out of my parent's house when my brother and his family moved in?

quote:

There is a whole lot of unnecessary back story I will leave out.

I rented my parent's house after they retired and moved south. I paid slightly below market rate. The plan was for me to save up and eventually buy the house at a great price. They would then give that money to my brother as his part of their estate. My share was the subsidized rent and the very subsidized purchase agreement.

Everyone thought this was fair. Until my brother's wife started running up debts they couldn't cover. This lead to them losing their home and needing help. I love my brother and my nephews so when my mom asked me if they could move in I talked to my husband and we agreed. We are in the process of adopting two siblings but we are still not there. It was only going to be temporary so why not.

Half off the rent for a few months would totally help us with the down payment and expenses. They moved in in February. When March rolled around I sent transferred half my usual rent to my parents. My mom called to ask me where the rest was. I said I assumed that Brad was paying the other half. Nope. I had to pay all the rent. I asked why I had to pay for them to stay in my house. My mom said it wasn't my house yet and that I was being mouthy.

I saw the writing on the wall. I paid the rent and started looking. We had a good amount saved up and we didn't need a big old house with lots of maintenance issues we had been handling.

We paid the full rent in April as well. But we moved out and into the house we closed on. It was ready for immediate possession. With my husband and I having decent income and 25% down it went smoothly. The only downside is the much smaller yard. But it is a block away from a public park so we aren't losing much.

I did tell my parents we were leaving. May first I got another call from my mom. She wanted the rent. I said I wasn't living there any more. She said I was breaking our deal. I said that our deal never included me paying for my brother's living expenses. She said that they couldn't afford to cover the mortgage without my rent. I told her to get money from my brother. He was still working. She said he was trying to pay his debts. I said that his wife should get a job.

I could write a much longer post just on this discussion.

Long story short she said I was being cheap and viscous to my brother and to my parents.

We are settling in to our newish house and just ignoring them for a while. But I'm wondering about if maybe I'm wrong.

AITA?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you are in "a department" (implying there are several) of 12 people one of those other departments is probably HR, at least consult them before asking internet randoms

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Mx. posted:

quote:

viscous to my brother

Eww. Gross.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Mx. posted:

AITA for moving out of my parent's house when my brother and his family moved in?

OP, in comments:

quote:

My sister in law is the reason for the situation. She should get a job to help her family instead of complaining that I keep the temperature too low and rating my snacks.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Mx. posted:

quote:

Half off the rent for a few months would totally help us with the down payment and expenses. They moved in in February. When March rolled around I sent transferred half my usual rent to my parents. My mom called to ask me where the rest was. I said I assumed that Brad was paying the other half. Nope. I had to pay all the rent. I asked why I had to pay for them to stay in my house. My mom said it wasn't my house yet and that I was being mouthy.
NTA but I don't understand why OP didn't communicate about whether they would be splitting the rent beforehand

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

Cythereal posted:

This one is super-easy. Either go and give a glowing review to the in-laws since this is what the guy wants and it's no big deal, or ask HR for approval in a way that pushes them to say no and then say your hands are tied because of policies. I agree that it's pretty obvious why this guy is a manager though.

nonathlon posted:

Somewhere, way back in a previous version of this thread, there was a story about a woman dating a widower. He would get upset if she suggested doing anything on the day or in the week of the anniversary of his wife dying, of him marrying his wife, his wife's birthday, Mother's Day, their first date ... to the point that he'd excluded about half the year. I think he also was hanging on to the exact furniture and decorations in the exact locations his wife had put them, years ago. Anytime remember that one?

I had a partner at one point who had 'trouble dates' all through the year. I was talking with a friend about what in this thread would be 'relationship court will say YTA if you break up with someone near a date that is really significant to them,' and I pointed out that by those rules relationship court would only allow me to break up with her during a stretch of about two or three weeks in June, and maybe not even then since that's close to when my family usually goes on a vacation trip (which might have become significant event for her). Actually plotting out the 'bad time to do something' times got them to agree that the rule sounds good in theory but is actually awful in practice.

S40CheckingAccount
Jan 14, 2024

mystes posted:

NTA but I don't understand why OP didn't communicate about whether they would be splitting the rent beforehand

I wonder what would have happened if she had tried to charge the brother rent.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

mystes posted:

Because nobody in their right mind would ever consider the possibility they'd just be covering all of it.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Cythereal posted:

Treat it like a formal interview type thing.

Put on a suit,say "Deepak is a fine employee and will make a fine son in law." And leave it at that.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Lottery of Babylon posted:

All Cocks Are Beautiful

He is choosing his career over mine

definitely quit everything in your life for the sake of the failcop

cops and fire firefighters are natural enemies. the reason he got fired is for dating a firefighter and the reason you couldnt get that job is for dating a cop. just watch tacoma fd if you dont believe me

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Sadly I've met some really chuddy cop-loving fire fighters.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

mystes posted:

Seems like the whole thing was a failure to communicate.

"Hey, your brother's family is moving in. Rent arrangement isn't going to change though".

"Hey, we're moving out and closing on a house. I'll have my final month rent payment for you at the start of May".

Just a whole bunch of assumptions and passive aggressiveness. I can't even imagine the conversation if they bought their parents' house and her brother & jobless sister-in-law were still living there.

Cythereal posted:

quote:

However my American business etiquette sensibilities are screaming that this is a disaster in the making.

What on earth does that have to do with a guy getting married you stuck-up piece of poo poo.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Ross masturbating in the back of the truck: I WAS ON A FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAK

lol

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

What on earth does that have to do with a guy getting married you stuck-up piece of poo poo.

You could have just called him a Manager.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Mx. posted:

Om nom nom, this hand tastes delicious

mystes
May 31, 2006

Also, the parents renting the house to OP may very well assholes but ignoring that, it seems like the problem is that
1) the parents (supposedly) need the rent money to cover a mortgage either on that house or whatever they bought without selling the house
2) OP's brother has no money right now

Maybe getting out would have ultimately been the correct decision anyway, but theoretically in a situation where everyone was reasonable and communicating well, it seems like one alternative would be to agree that the price when OP bought the house in the future would be reduced by (half the rent) x (number of months OP's brother's family was staying there) after the mortgage was paid off or something.

In any case, unless OP has already decided to go no contact with their parents, it just seems pretty extreme to buy a house and move out without saying "hey I'm not happy with this arrangement where I'm paying the full rent and my brother's family is living here and I'm going to have to move out if this continues" first

If OP's parents weren't willing to be flexible or anything or OP wasn't willing to share the house, I don't think they were wrong to move out or anything, so I think they are NTA, but I just feel like normally there would be a little more communication before that

But maybe OP's parents have been lovely in other ways before this and OP had just had it with them

mystes fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 9, 2024

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

AITA for throwing out expired food my brother was hoarding?

quote:

I (22F) was looking in my brother’s room (with permission from him) for his (22M) spare computer mouse since mine broke. While I was rooting around his desk, I found a whole bunch of snack foods except they were all expired, like 2018 and older (two of them were from 2015 e__e) expiration dates.

Gross, right? I thought so. I took them all and put them into a bag and threw them away because who knows what kind of gross mold and bacteria is growing on these snacks.

Apparently he was still eating them, because when he got home he threw a hissy fit because I tossed his snacks. I explained to him that they were all expired and he’s going to get sick if he eats them but he said that since they’re in sealed packages the expiration date is just a ploy by the government to get people to throw away good food and buy new ones. I told him “why risk it” and he got snappy with me. I offered to buy him a new box of granola bars and some fruit snacks to make up for it but he was pissed because apparently one of the brands is discontinued and he was “saving it for a special occasion”. He said I had no right to throw his “things” away, but I feel that goes true for keepsakes and personal items not… perishable food. Like that’s a health hazard.

The snacks were mostly granola bars and fruit snacks, ocasionally some sort of cake snack. He had them all crammed into a drawer, about 30 of them if I had to guess. I checked each one to make sure it was expired before disposing of it.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

mystes posted:

Also, the parents renting the house to OP may very well assholes but ignoring that, it seems like the problem is that
1) the parents (supposedly) need the rent money to cover a mortgage either on that house or whatever they bought without selling the house

Maybe getting out would have ultimately been the correct decision anyway, but theoretically in a situation where everyone was reasonable and communicating well, it seems like one alternative would be to agree that the price when OP bought the house in the future would be reduced by (half the rent) x (number of months OP's brother's family was staying there) after the mortgage was paid off or something.

In any case, unless OP has already decided to go no contact with their parents, it just seems pretty extreme to buy a house and move out without saying "hey I'm not happy with this arrangement where I'm paying the full rent and my brother's family is living here and I'm going to have to move out if this continues" first

If OP's parents weren't willing to be flexible or anything or OP wasn't willing to share the house, I don't think they were wrong to move out or anything, so I think they are NTA, but I just feel like normally there would be a little more communication before that

But maybe OP's parents have been lovely in other ways before this and OP had just had it with them

quote:

I said I assumed that Brad was paying the other half. Nope. I had to pay all the rent. I asked why I had to pay for them to stay in my house. My mom said it wasn't my house yet and that I was being mouthy.

Seems pretty unambiguous to me. OP could have tried to bargain more at this point but if my landlord (family or no) called me "mouthy" for not wanting freeloaders foisted onto the living space I pay for then I'd be ready to torch that bridge.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

mystes posted:

OP's brother has money, that's how they're servicing their debts. OP's brother will just have to have to service his family's debts slower than they would if OP was the one fronting their brother's living expenses.

Also, OP did bring up how they were not happy with the arrangement, and their mom called them mouthy for it. I really don't see how the addition of "and I'm willing to move out over it" would've actually made anything BETTER.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

AITA for throwing out expired food my brother was hoarding?

This is just Fallout environmental storytelling.

In fifty years, someone will find his skeleton reaching for the limited edition star spangled Dandy Boy snack cakes.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Family deals like that with the long term promise of some big inheritance or a house coming at the end can turn ugly fast. I had a co-worker years ago who's wealthy boomer parents owned a couple investment condos. The deal was that him and his girlfriend could live in the condo and pay full market rent AND fix the place up over a few years, the condo would then be flipped for a tidy profit with the parents saying he'd get 100% of the profits. So he ran the math and paying market rent for 3 years, splitting costs for renovations, and then flipping the condo meant he'd come out around 50-80k ahead given the market conditions at the time.

Well, 2 years go by and they've put a ton of work into the condo but there's still some left to do. They've been going really slow because they live there and can't just gut the whole thing at once but are nearly there. Dad then starts acting really weird about how slow they're going, acting like he's super angry and stressed out about making the 3 year deadline. This comes out of nowhere and they've been fully on track the whole time. Suddenly it all makes sense when he says that he's going to include my co-workers fail-sister in the mix. Suddenly she'll be moving in to the 2nd bedroom, will pay 1/4 of the rent (not 1/3 for being 1 out of 3 people, or 1/2 for taking 1 of 2 bedrooms, just 1/4 for no reason) because dad says they "need more manpower to get the renovation on track" and "We need to include your sister in this as it's a family operation"

By the time they sell the condo the dad announces he's selling the condo... to the sister. For like half market value. She just loves living there so much and she's had a hard last few years and needs the family help. This of course means there's no profits to distribute. Thank you for the free labour, 68k in rent, and about 20k in renovation costs. Nothing was in writing, it was all just verbal deals between family. Guy got absolutely hosed. But dad kept dangling "don't worry, I'll take this all into account in my will" in front of him.

Oh I forgot the guy's fiance broke up with him shortly after all this.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 01:37 on May 9, 2024

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

I had a partner at one point who had 'trouble dates' all through the year. I was talking with a friend about what in this thread would be 'relationship court will say YTA if you break up with someone near a date that is really significant to them,' and I pointed out that by those rules relationship court would only allow me to break up with her during a stretch of about two or three weeks in June, and maybe not even then since that's close to when my family usually goes on a vacation trip (which might have become significant event for her). Actually plotting out the 'bad time to do something' times got them to agree that the rule sounds good in theory but is actually awful in practice.

Break up with me? On *checks calendar* the 79th anniversary of VE Day? Marshal Zhukov is turning over in his grave.

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

Family deals like that with the long term promise of some big inheritance or a house coming at the end can turn ugly fast. I had a co-worker years ago who's wealthy boomer parents owned a couple investment condos. The deal was that him and his girlfriend could live in the condo and pay full market rent AND fix the place up over a few years, the condo would then be flipped for a tidy profit with the parents saying he'd get 100% of the profits. So he ran the math and paying market rent for 3 years, splitting costs for renovations, and then flipping the condo meant he'd come out around 50-80k ahead given the market conditions at the time.

Well, 2 years go by and they've put a ton of work into the condo but there's still some left to do. They've been going really slow because they live there and can't just gut the whole thing at once but are nearly there. Dad then starts acting really weird about how slow they're going, acting like he's super angry and stressed out about making the 3 year deadline. This comes out of nowhere and they've been fully on track the whole time. Suddenly it all makes sense when he says that he's going to include my co-workers fail-sister in the mix. Suddenly she'll be moving in to the 2nd bedroom, will pay 1/4 of the rent (not 1/3 for being 1 out of 3 people, or 1/2 for taking 1 of 2 bedrooms, just 1/4 for no reason) because dad says they "need more manpower to get the renovation on track" and "We need to include your sister in this as it's a family operation"

By the time they sell the condo the dad announces he's selling the condo... to the sister. For like half market value. She just loves living there so much and she's had a hard last few years and needs the family help. This of course means there's no profits to distribute. Thank you for the free labour, 68k in rent, and about 20k in renovation costs. Nothing was in writing, it was all just verbal deals between family. Guy got absolutely hosed. But dad kept dangling "don't worry, I'll take this all into account in my will" in front of him.

This is just harsh as gently caress.

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I don't know, I think having your manager at work getting involved in your personal life is a big risk. If he gives the employee a glowing review to the new in-laws even though he's a pretty mediocre employee, is that going to come up later when he's passed over for promotions and such? Manager can explain that he's not working how they'd like, and employee will be asking why he told his new in-laws that he had a lot of potential and was going to go far in that company? Which I'm guessing is what they want to know -- not if he's a good employee or whatever, but what kind of future earning potential he has, what position he can be expected to acquire, is he going to be able to support their daughter the way they expect? If he has a face-to-face interview with them he could easily be put on the spot and get caught off guard. He likely doesn't want to make anything that's going to sound like a promise or an expectation he'll be held to later. He definitely needs to talk to HR about it, but I'd personally give anything non-work related like this a hard pass, because it could for sure bite him in the rear end later.

quote:

Mx. posted:

This kind of sounds like OP was getting the lovely end of the deal anyway. She has to pay rent and maintenance for however many years, and then get a "discounted" price on the house, but all that money goes to the brother? So I guess she's getting the house and probably putting in what would be full price for it, is but basically giving the money to her brother? I guess I don't understand the math here.

I feel bad for the wedding lady who left in the middle of her reception, but for her husband as well. She seems to have just realized that his poo poo family is going to walk all over both of them and her husband isn't able to stand up to it. I don't remember from the story if it's mentioned who paid for it, but gently caress if I'm going to pay for a venue, invitations, food, music, booze, and everything else for a huge celebration for myself and my spouse and have some rear end in a top hat stand up in the middle of a speech that's supposed to honor the couple and instead make it all about himself and his proposal and hijack the whole event. gently caress you, pay for your own party. Especially with his family all in on it, you know they probably spent the rest of the reception congratulating him and asking about plans and everything else. gently caress that noise. It's sad if she divorces her husband over this, but the alternative is to put up with his lovely family for the rest of her life, or convince him to cut them off.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Baronjutter posted:

Real life supervillain origin story, right here.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Baronjutter posted:

Family deals like that with the long term promise of some big inheritance or a house coming at the end can turn ugly fast.
Yeah doing anything for the promise or possibility of a future inheritance is a terrible idea. I've seen stories in previous threads where someone is promised the family business if they work in it, and they spend a couple of decades managing their stepdads restaurant or whatever, putting in 60 hour weeks for low pay, and when dad retires, he sells the place or gives it to one of his failkids and OP has nothing for show for twenty five years of hard work. Unless you get it an ironclad legal agreement for it, the promise of a big inheritance somewhere down the line should be treated as a pipe dream (or the come-on to a scam).

FMguru fucked around with this message at 02:06 on May 9, 2024

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Verbal agreements with boomer parents aren't worth the paper they're not printed on. They absolutely experience pleasure from leaving their own kids hanging at the last moment.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

FMguru posted:

Yeah doing anything for the promise or possibility of a future inheritance is a terrible idea. I've seen stories in previous threads where someone is promised the family business if they work in it, and they spend a couple of decades managing their stepdads restaurant or whatever, putting in 60 hour weeks for low pay, and when dad retires, he sells the place or gives it to one of his failkids and OP has nothing for show for twenty five years of hard work. Unless you get it an ironclad legal agreement for it, the promise of a big inheritance somewhere down the line should be treated as a pipe dream (or the come-on to a scam).

Hell, even if the offer was on the level, your reward for sticking it out is: a business that was only ever profitable because it had an idiot working 60 hour weeks for peanuts. Also you're probably already in your fifties and have hardly any wealth to your name because you've been underpaid for decades.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Funeral-proposal guy failed to realize that there were two people who knew about the deal, and one of them was lying there full of formaldehyde. Furthermore, nobody else in the family wanted the fun party that Grandpa had wanted.

I get the good intentions, but I also get why they threw him out.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Yeah I feel like if he had been clearer that his uncle specifically said he should do that it would have gone over a lot better.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Yeah I feel like if he had been clearer that his uncle specifically said he should do that it would have gone over a lot better.

He did say that his uncle wanted them to do it when he did it. But I don't think anybody there cared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Re the marriage interview guy: the future in-laws don't give a poo poo about any recommendation or anything. They're vetting the company to make sure their prospective son-in-law has a respectable career.

Manager's job in this situation is to show up and make himself and the company sound important, with the groom's involvement as an afterthought.