Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Oh, I was wrong. I need to do 4 more things to finish the Season Journey. And it's all pretty grindy. Welp, that's probably it for me then.

Gonna take a week off and come back for season 4 nice and ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Really dumb question but is there another chest for Zoltuns warding besides the ones for 1 and 4? I've tried using 4 pearls but I've only seen those two chests. I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing out on something with these runs here.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

MarcusSA posted:

Really dumb question but is there another chest for Zoltuns warding besides the ones for 1 and 4? I've tried using 4 pearls but I've only seen those two chests. I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing out on something with these runs here.

Nightmare versions add a 10 chest so you need 15 wardings total left to open them all.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Paying2Lurk posted:

Nightmare versions add a 10 chest so you need 15 wardings total left to open them all.

Ok that must be a WT 4 thing then is there a way to upgrade the Sigils that I’m missing? I’ve got boat loads of the WT 3 ones

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MarcusSA posted:

Ok that must be a WT 4 thing then is there a way to upgrade the Sigils that I’m missing? I’ve got boat loads of the WT 3 ones
You salvage the WT3 (Sacred) sigils then craft WT4 (Ancestral) sigils with the dust. Also when you get to WT4 you start finding Ancestral sigils.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah that's WT4. You'll get Ancestral Sigils. I honestly wouldn't even run NMDs or Vaults in WT3 because you'll be doing it A LOT in WT4. Helltides, Whispers, Legions, and Harbinger summons will keep you swimming in xp until you can do the Capstone.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

You salvage the WT3 (Sacred) sigils then craft WT4 (Ancestral) sigils with the dust. Also when you get to WT4 you start finding Ancestral sigils.

Oh got it thanks!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Paying2Lurk posted:

Yeah that's WT4. You'll get Ancestral Sigils. I honestly wouldn't even run NMDs or Vaults in WT3 because you'll be doing it A LOT in WT4. Helltides, Whispers, Legions, and Harbinger summons will keep you swimming in xp until you can do the Capstone.

Yeah I am level 72 right now but not sure about moving up to WT 4 quite yet but maybe I should? I did the capstone easy enough :shrug:

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

You should definitely go to WT4. There's a whole new tier of gear (ancestral, replaces sacred) so as soon as you get a few drops your power will jump massively. Wt4 also has a bigger XP multiplier so you will level a lot faster

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I am level 72 right now but not sure about moving up to WT 4 quite yet but maybe I should? I did the capstone easy enough :shrug:

If you did the capstone already there's no reason not to. Do a few Legions when you get there and you'll get enough gear to hang. Just make sure you've got Aspects ready to imbue.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Yeah with experience, a good build, and some lucky Sacred items you should be able to beat the capstone at 62/63 and immediately do ok in WT4 after riding along on a few Legion events or burning your obols on items you need upgraded the most.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
hell yeah only barb in top 50 trials on xbox without a grandather or shako, what a fluke

i'm fiending for this next season to drop already, weekly trials aren't cutting it

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok thanks! I moved up to WT 4 and it’s going ok!

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
oh i guess there isn't even a trial to do this week. i hate it.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Did they seriously not make a trial for the final week of the season?

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
it just shows "Trials are complete for the week" or something similar and the Start Trial button is greyed out. i thought it was just because i logged in initially during the 9-10 reset window, but it's still there

perpetualdejavu
Sep 14, 2007

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/the-gauntlet-last-week-of-the-season/159815

woops forgot to tell everyone they're not doing gauntlet the last week of seasons

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Amazing. 10/10. No notes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

For the helltide commanders season journey do you just run around looking for one or do multiple spawn? I guess I killed one of them but I have no idea how or when

perpetualdejavu
Sep 14, 2007

They're at the end of events.The portal invasion one and the one with the big tornado. The roaming boss Kixxarth also counts for it.

perpetualdejavu fucked around with this message at 06:15 on May 8, 2024

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

perpetualdejavu posted:

They're at the end of events.The portal invasion one and the one with the big tornado. The roaming boss Kixxarth also counts for it.

So they don’t spawn till the toward the end?

Also I killed kixx twice and it didn’t give me credit for it for whatever reason

perpetualdejavu
Sep 14, 2007

yep those two events always end with a helltide commander fight

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

MarcusSA posted:

So they don’t spawn till the toward the end?

Also I killed kixx twice and it didn’t give me credit for it for whatever reason

the only guys that count now (iirc krixx used to but doesn't now) come from the end of those events. those events only spawn in a few places per helltide and aren't guaranteed; you might get some other event you have to churn through in order to see the right one. looks specifically for the biggest open circular type event areas. those are the only ones that are big enough to host the tornado and portal events that spawn the correct dude at the end

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

ive decided that i will play this season, having dipped out shortly after launch.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Got a good laugh at them calling this the Loot Reborn patch.

It all sounds good though! I am vaguely looking forward to it. Probably do a minion necro.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

perpetualdejavu posted:

No, Kixxarth no longer counts

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

harrygomm posted:

the only guys that count now (iirc krixx used to but doesn't now) come from the end of those events. those events only spawn in a few places per helltide and aren't guaranteed; you might get some other event you have to churn through in order to see the right one. looks specifically for the biggest open circular type event areas. those are the only ones that are big enough to host the tornado and portal events that spawn the correct dude at the end

Got it.

They don’t show up on the map from what I can tell either so you gotta kinda ride around and hope for the best?

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

MarcusSA posted:

Got it.

They don’t show up on the map from what I can tell either so you gotta kinda ride around and hope for the best?

helltides.com will show you where all the events are in a region. I use it way less now that all the chests are actually shown on the game map, but it was clutch in those early days.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
correct. they don't even list them on third party sites like helltides
com you just gotta get a feel for where they can spawn

helltides does however list every place an event can spawn, so i use it cycle through all of them to see if the one that i need has spawned

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
even season team stays winning because simply no seasonal content was better than the season 1 "content" I experienced and season 3's being so bad that you could tell it was going to be poo poo just from the teaser

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Paying2Lurk posted:

helltides.com will show you where all the events are in a region. I use it way less now that all the chests are actually shown on the game map, but it was clutch in those early days.

Perfect! I only need 4 more so hopefully I can knock those out today. I’ll probably finish the battle pass before that though.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
kixx is still good to target kill for forgotten souls early in a season too, which is actually what i mostly use helltides for now that they show his patrols on their maps

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Failboattootoot posted:

Got a good laugh at them calling this the Loot Reborn patch.

They would have called it Loot 2.0 but they did that last time they made most of these same changes to fix another one of their games.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Diablo IV loot reforged

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Diablo 6 lert rebergizz

perpetualdejavu
Sep 14, 2007

so a four man necro group could technically have 50+ minions right? can't wait lol

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Field Mousepad posted:

Diablo 6 lert rebergizz

Hey now. They have to actually give us Diablo before they can move onto Diablo 5, 6 etc.

Jokes aside, given the average time between Diablo games, I would be content with them feeding us a new act + prime evil via an expac every year or so, as opposed to releasing one expac and then a game mechanics tweak every 3-6 months for the next 6-10 years until they release the next one.

By the time we get 3 expansion acts down, you'll probably be able to finish the campaign and go straight into WT4.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Excited for the launch of Diablo 4 1.0

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Once your loot is reborn, the reality is that what's next is the "fourth trimester"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am, too, excited.

Going to bear it up Druid style, no guides. No notes.