Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

neoaxd posted:

That punch from Fox reminded me of these all-timer posts

goddamn I love Wayne. it reminded me of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzQP7u-IOxg

"H-hello police? Jake Guentzel is trying to whip my rear end, please hurry".

Fox has been so incredible with his embellishments so far. Necas had a crazy one in OT where he threw himself down like a soccer player. I appreciate the effort. If we haven't been diving, the penalty differential would be even crazier.

CBJSprague24 posted:

...was the first thing I saw of the game last night and I'd like to thank Jacob Trouba for scud missiling himself into the boards and giving me a laugh on an otherwise garbage day where my dad was diagnosed with (a treatable form of) cancer. May your attempts at taking people's heads off be limited to the blooper reel and Tony DeAngelo going forward.

drat brother hope it goes well! Trouba had a bit of a crazy game and that Necas duck apparently really pissed him off. So I imagine he'll be trying some crazy poo poo in game 3 at the least. Expect another highlight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
goddamn just cancel the oil Canucks series. nobody needs this

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

mennoknight posted:

Dylan Holloway is from Calgary, don't you want the cup to visit Calgary?

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Makar already brought it last year... And probably this year.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

mennoknight posted:

It's a race to see who can be more lame with their social media posts. You don't want to watch a slow trainwreck?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Obviously no one wants to see hughes' canucks go up against mcdavid's oilers in a playoff series. That sounds like terrible hockey. Cancel it for sure

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Jehde posted:

Obviously no one wants to see hughes' canucks go up against mcdavid's oilers in a playoff series. That sounds like terrible hockey. Cancel it for sure

calgary wants one of these to be uh... huberdeau's flames lol couldn't remember anyone that plays for them

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Maybe Mennoknight doesn't want to see another Western Canadian team destroyed like the last time two of them met in the playoffs.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Jhet posted:

It's a race to see who can be more lame with their social media posts. You don't want to watch a slow trainwreck?

Too much time between series, gave the digital teams time to be creative.

I’m just worried the bottom is going to fall out of the Canucks in goal, as much as a top goalie is going to stop more pucks than their backup, (and their backups backup..), a key difference is being able to repeat it night in and night out.

DeSmith was excellent to start the season, then fell apart under workload, and even Spencer Martin looked great last season for a short stretch - then reality hit. Hope I’m wrong, Silovs is cool, but he’s only played 9 nhl games or something, stopping McDavid every second day for two weeks is probably beyond him.

Edit: this however is good work by the Canucks.
https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1788364378376753181

VOTE1 fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 9, 2024

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://x.com/ginohard_/status/1788355462666031193?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Finally, the rat-on-rat violence we needed

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Maybe Mennoknight doesn't want to see another Western Canadian team destroyed like the last time two of them met in the playoffs.

maybe both fan bases are overrun by giant pieces of poo poo

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

mennoknight posted:

maybe both fan bases are overrun by giant pieces of poo poo

I'm a perfectly reasonable, level headed person and if you say anything different I will burn down your goddamned house and piss on the ashes.

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

Aces High posted:

As someone who sings for a living, I dread having to do crap like that. Actually, seeing that makes it click why a bunch of friends were emailing me last week about why I wasn't part of that promo. All I can say to that is I don't need work that badly (I also don't like La Bamba)

I don't think it's the song choice, it just sounds really weird because they're opera singers singing it like it's opera, over enunciating everything with 50 foot vibrato. See also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkWcNKFBKpo&t=182s

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://x.com/hayyyshayyy/status/1788387931410801035

lmao

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://x.com/artbutsports/status/1788382085490659600?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Lol the bruins did not look good

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I hope Boston/Florida goes to 7 and every game ends like that.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

jettisonedstuff posted:

I don't think it's the song choice, it just sounds really weird because they're opera singers singing it like it's opera, over enunciating everything with 50 foot vibrato. See also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkWcNKFBKpo&t=182s

Yeah and the frustrating thing, imo, is that when you're a classically trained singer, everyone expects you to sing that way all the time. I mean, sometimes you get the reverse like Aretha Franklin singing Nessun dorma in a motown style.

Another reason why I dread those kinds of promos is because I don't mind singing pop songs, but I get told "no, sing it in your style" and it comes out...like that

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

they seriously yoinked the games off CBC gem with like a couple hours of notice? wtf

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Tagra posted:

they seriously yoinked the games off CBC gem with like a couple hours of notice? wtf

ya what the gently caress!!!

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If ever there was a reason to riot, you think we would do it because of Canadian telecoms :mad:

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

They did what?!

They’re literally putting ads on screen that you can watch free on Gem rn lol.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

https://cbchelp.cbc.ca/hc/en-ca/articles/25570328529435-Where-can-I-watch-the-NHL-playoffs

quote:

NHL playoffs will not be available on CBC Gem, however viewers can still tune into CBC Television or stream on Sportsnet+ to watch the games.

Why isn't CBC streaming the Playoffs on CBC Gem?
While we were pleased to be able to offer NHL games to hockey fans this season through an agreement with Rogers Sportsnet, the national rightsholder for NHL hockey, CBC no longer has access to streaming any of the Playoff games.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I don't think we have a minor league thread anymore, so I'm posting it here: what the gently caress was that cross-checking call in the Monsters game late in OT? It's a cross-check, yeah, but it's playoffs overtime, swallow the whistle. :ramsay:

A Monster just blasted a B-Sen in front of the net just now and I could've lived with that being a call.

Matt Zerella posted:

Glad it brought some laughs to ya, im going through the same poo poo with my dad, good luck and stay sane.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

drat brother hope it goes well! Trouba had a bit of a crazy game and that Necas duck apparently really pissed him off. So I imagine he'll be trying some crazy poo poo in game 3 at the least. Expect another highlight

Thanks to you both; pulling for you as well, Matt Zerella. :respek:

fake edit- "Anymore", not "before". Brain no work good, but that's nothing new.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

they added this poo poo 4 hours ago lmfao what a fuckin joke.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's fine, Rogers is going to own CBC within a couple years and then you'll get dozens of playoff games on Rogers CBC Gem+ for only $39.99 a month.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
I remember watching the 2004 finals between Calgary on Tampa on a portable TV/radio while camping in the woods. (Bob Cole was calling it of course.) Watching hockey was basically considered a public service.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Spelling Mitsake posted:

I remember watching the 2004 finals between Calgary on Tampa on a portable TV/radio while camping in the woods. (Bob Cole was calling it of course.) Watching hockey was basically considered a public service.

You can still watch OTA just not streaming

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
The Oilers are frauds

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

To be fair, leading up to this series everyone did say that taking under 20 shots a game wasn't going to cut it against a high-flying offense.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

Ian Cole scored at least three goals in that game but the Canucks still won :woop:

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

grack posted:

The Oilers are frauds

Goner McDrakeFan just doesn't have what it takes

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Edmonton:

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1788373975384363319

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

McDavid had better check on his dad

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

i am so happy right now

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/hockeystatcards/status/1788434078762471619

Well that’s a defence pair.

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
Dakota Joshua: Tied for first in playoff points on the Canucks after seven games

I guess having scored three goals on six shots will do that

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

sigh

barf

poo poo

go canucks

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

T.C. posted:

Dakota Joshua: Tied for first in playoff points on the Canucks after seven games

I guess having scored three goals on six shots will do that

Future Sabre Dakota Joshua

But seriously, my sentiment earlier about the Oilers learning how to give up fewer than four goals still stands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Oilers hit the post right before that comeback