Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

I mean, he’s been pretty good in the playoffs but MVP is maybe a bit of a stretch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

breaking: bucks forward antetokounmpo has sustained a torn achilles tendon and will undergo surgery, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium .

:eyepop:

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

WhyteRyce posted:

Blessed Domantas voter

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

fart simpson posted:

breaking: bucks forward antetokounmpo has sustained a torn achilles tendon and will undergo surgery, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium .

:eyepop:

The other antetokounmpo

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Papercut posted:

The other antetokounmpo

I believe in a weird offshoot of lamarckian evolution so this is still very relevant

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

anakha posted:

I wish Jokic had responded to Shaq by saying Nash deserved those MVPs over him too.

Shaq got zero MVP votes in 2005 in the real voting, LeBron came second to Nash. Kobe was 4th.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Again, Shaq's probably salty because he now has two fewer MVPs than Jokic. You know that has to bug the poo poo out of him. He probably think he could've averaged Wilt levels of points per game if his prime was in the 2020's NBA.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 9, 2024

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1788397923278926271

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
He's approaching JR Smith levels for me rn

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
TJ McConnel was getting tv coverage like he was an mvp in wait, that was crazy

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

When's his free agency cuz he's gonna get paid

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
I still can’t get over how the Wolves went to Denver, who has a big home court advantage, and just absolutely SMASHED them. The Nuggets had no answer. I understand it’s a combo of Murray being injured and the refs allowing rough defense but still.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i think its cause theyre so big and strong

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

build the man a statue at msg already.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I hope injuries don't derail the Knicks too much cos they're really fun to watch

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://x.com/sny_knicks/status/1788406938771792016?s=61&t=MwiVngS9F-DTnbB7CvREng

1) it clearly wasn’t a double dribble
2) does he know the history of the knicks franchise?
3) bitch rear end loser

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There’s something about this Knicks team that makes their opponents give off real sore loser energy. None of them want to say “we lost because Isiah Hartenstein and Josh Hart out worked us.” Can’t be that short guy everyone spent all season saying wasn’t good enough to be a 1A. Cant be a team effort. Couldn’t be us getting out rebounded or missing free throws or turning the ball over. Must be the refs.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
IMHO as a Knicks fan I think the officiating has been pretty crazy slanted in their direction, I’d like to believe it’s just dumb luck though and I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop. Brunson really does pull out all the tricks to get calls. He loving owns though besides that.

It is satisfying that the sixers and the pacers are being so whiny about it

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I was trying to figure out why I hated the knicks and wanted them to lose at all costs and figured out it was because two of the podcasts I listened to had a Knicks homer co-host and they were insufferable when the Knicks were even a little bit good.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Zogo posted:

Tiffany Haddish started tracking down her online trolls and calling them on the phone
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/rcna150574

quote:

The “Girls Trip” favorite said that online bullying got so negative over the last year (with commenters calling her “pedo” and “not funny,” for instance) that she hired a digital forensics analyst when death threats starting coming her way. The analyst’s research showed that 75% of these threats were “created by robots in Malaysia and Iran."
See the moment I saw this I googled "Tiffany haddish israel" and uhhhh its not good folks. Nice try Kamala.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Maybe the Pacers should've played the one guy that was both defending Brunson decently and cooking him on the other end instead of the the same guy Brunson has now scored uhhhhh 70 points on?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
"Yeah I just get a bunch of 'trolls' from predominantly Muslim countries. Who knows why!"

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Also the Knicks seem to be the inheritors of the Heat Culture aesthetic now.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Gonna be funny when Brunson makes it further in the playoffs than Luka

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
It must be nice to not have to face 50+ win teams before the conference finals.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

piratepilates posted:

build the man a statue at msg already.

https://x.com/mikeascotto/status/1788421025345962261?s=46&t=lHimM6yryXEjSbBJQkXOHg

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I saw some crazy stat that, I mean for one he's played 195:29 of the last 197:00 for the knicks, but also that like, he's only been on the bench for something like 15-20 minutes this entire playoffs.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
The Blazers traded Josh Hart for Cam Reddish, Ryan Arcidiacono, Svi Mykhailiuk, and the pick that turned into Kris Murray lol

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Papercut posted:

The Blazers traded Josh Hart for Cam Reddish, Ryan Arcidiacono, Svi Mykhailiuk, and the pick that turned into Kris Murray lol

In fairness, he was also dog poo poo on my BYOGM team last year

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Papercut posted:

Blazers could have gone into the luxury tax and overpay to resign him as his contact was expiring. Everyone would be making fun of the blazers for it.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Mean Baby posted:

Blazers could have gone into the luxury tax and overpay to resign him as his contact was expiring. Everyone would be making fun of the blazers for it.

Trading him was a reasonable move at the time as part of rebuilding, but then they went and gave Jerami Grant $150M

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

mcmagic posted:

https://x.com/sny_knicks/status/1788406938771792016?s=61&t=MwiVngS9F-DTnbB7CvREng

1) it clearly wasn’t a double dribble
2) does he know the history of the knicks franchise?
3) bitch rear end loser
He would possibly have a point if Minnesota and Oklahoma City weren't a combined 11-0 so far in the playoffs. Aside from that small market teams are just being ABSOLUTELY hosed by the rigged NBA

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

josh hart is not a particularly good basketball player but he is pretty cool and i like the way he plays

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
The double dribble call and subsequent overturn was some ridiculously terrible officiating that had no impact on the result of the game.

Like it wasn't a double dribble to begin with, but when have you ever seen refs confer and overturn a ball-handling violation? Probably the most embarrassing officiating sequence this year, but luckily the game was over so it can be swept under the rug.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Ghost Dog posted:

josh hart is not a particularly good basketball player but he is pretty cool and i like the way he plays

your saying you're better than josh hart at basketball?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

fart simpson posted:

your saying you're better than josh hart at basketball?

yeah

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Blind Pineapple posted:

The double dribble call and subsequent overturn was some ridiculously terrible officiating that had no impact on the result of the game.

Like it wasn't a double dribble to begin with, but when have you ever seen refs confer and overturn a ball-handling violation? Probably the most embarrassing officiating sequence this year, but luckily the game was over so it can be swept under the rug.

Question of which playoffs ref fart was worse -- Knicks Double Dribble Clownshow or Anthony Edwards Gets a Technical For Staring?

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Josh Hart is cool imo, if the Knicks somehow went all the way I'd be happy he was getting a ring.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
I just saw a Kirk Goldsberry tweet about Josh Hart being the Henry Rowengartner of basketball and now I want the Knicks to make it to the finals. Well, not really. I never want anything good to happen to the Knicks, but it did give me a laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
I also can’t get over the fact that monkeu rereged just to defend Drake in the rap thread lol what a loving loser