Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neorxenawang
Jun 9, 2003

Dick Trauma posted:

<casts Enlarge Schnozz>

Just need an "enlarge schnozz or schwanz" spell and everyone can be happy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Is mulch conjuration or transmutation?

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Neorxenawang posted:

Just need an "enlarge schnozz or schwanz" spell and everyone can be happy!

What if I want to enlarge a cloaca?!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Organic Lube User posted:

What if I want to enlarge a cloaca?!

That's an inspiration point for Folk Hero background characters.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

also any tips on killing orin if you’re not on honour mode? ghislev gave me some grief before i made jaheira use windwalker but i feel like i can’t cheese orin the same way

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hold Monster and any multi-hitting attack like Magic Missile are all you need.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Thunderwave, Gust of Wind, Arrows of Roaring Thunder etc. are all good ways to knock the cultists into the pit since you can't hit them due to Sanctuary. For Orin you definitely want Magic Missile upcasted to clear out her stacks of Unstoppable, or some other types of multiattacks. You can also take out the cultists by the entrance and around the edges without engaging Orin and the main group which is a good idea.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I’ve never found that the guys up top turn hostile. I certainly expected them to but I guess the murder cult can’t really get mad if you murder their boss. Comes with the territory.

+1 to having a way to spam out a shitload of upcasted magic missiles, like a haste pot or a sorcerer with quickened metamagic. It’s not mandatory but it sure makes things easy. Once the unstoppable stacks are gone she is, well, very stoppable. If you can’t do this all in one turn then try to focus on chucking cultists off the edge cause she loses stacks for every one that dies iirc. Or suck them all into the center with black hole and drop aoes on them although this might kill off your homie.

A fun cheese is to hit her with Luck of the Far Realms + the surgeon necklace from house of healing. It will paralyze her for 2 turns even through unstoppable stacks. She never got to take an action in my honor mode run.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
I was a bit confused on my durge honour run when I beat Orin in the duel and then all the other cultists just stood about moaning about my decisions, none of them aggroed.

So I just started punting them off the stairs into the chasms below with shoves from back to front until they were all dead. Buttkicking, for goodness!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Reveilled posted:

I was a bit confused on my durge honour run when I beat Orin in the duel and then all the other cultists just stood about moaning about my decisions, none of them aggroed.

So I just started punting them off the stairs into the chasms below with shoves from back to front until they were all dead. Buttkicking, for goodness!
This works for both Resist and Embrace Durge.

Incremus
Aug 7, 2003

Oh no, I'm so sorry, it's the Moops.

Kawabata posted:

The one in the Moonrise Towers is an absolute clusterfuck of dogshit where you fight a ridiculous number of high hp, high level enemies with the only help coming from the embarrassingly bad Harpers and "0 AC" Jaheira that gets destroyed in 3 turns on Tactician. The hall is also way too tight for this fight and Harpers will often trap you into aoe with their nonsensical positioning

I just did attempted this fight 3 times and on my "successful" attempt, I accidentally caught Jaheira on 1 pixel of her own ice storm attack on the final enemy, so now all the harpers are hostile. What's a 4th time? This fight only takes 20 minutes :shepicide:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm getting up to that point and I'm considering going through and killing everyone in Moonrise before reaching the attack on Moonrise.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Having all of the Harpers idle patrol through Black Tentacles that I failed to dispel when the fight ended was indeed a treat. Definitely turns me off using anything of the sort on an HM run.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Okay if you havent done it, take Minsc to talk to Ninefingers after the Zhent fight.

I havent laughed so hard all game. Im going to walk everywhere in the city just to see more of these dialogues.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Shumagorath posted:

Having all of the Harpers idle patrol through Black Tentacles that I failed to dispel when the fight ended was indeed a treat. Definitely turns me off using anything of the sort on an HM run.

For what it’s worth other than Jaheira none of the Harpers will matter or be seen again

But yeah the biggest key to honor mode is 1) stepping in all the piles of poop on lower difficulties. 2) reaching those exact same piles of poop and then remembering not step in them. Remembering to turn off AoE after combat is one of those poo traps.

Also just in case you didn’t notice the tiny rear end icon, if you select a character the spell they are concentrating on will appear below their portrait. Click it to turn off the spell. I dunno how this works on console but I assume you can do it there too.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Docjowles posted:

Also just in case you didn’t notice the tiny rear end icon, if you select a character the spell they are concentrating on will appear below their portrait. Click it to turn off the spell. I dunno how this works on console but I assume you can do it there too.

Yeah, open the radial menu then hold triangle on ps5

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Leal posted:

I'm getting up to that point and I'm considering going through and killing everyone in Moonrise before reaching the attack on Moonrise.

you should. going agent 47 on them is fun and good xp and I do it every time.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Definitely do that that but also buy out + rob all the vendors first.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Definitely do that that but also buy out + rob all the vendors first.

just don't kill the vendors. nobody will notice that 80% of the people are gone if you silent assassin it.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Zodium posted:

just don't kill the vendors. nobody will notice that 80% of the people are gone if you silent assassin it.

these things just happen when in service of The Absolute. people just dont show up for work, nobody mentions it.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

You enter act 2 the morning after Super Bowl Chicken Chase Sunday. 98% of true souls already called in sick. The perfect crime.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

wizard2 posted:

these things just happen when in service of The Absolute. people just dont show up for work, nobody mentions it.

You won’t smell the cabinet of corpses if you already have a corpse basement

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Docjowles posted:

You enter act 2 the morning after Super Bowl Chicken Chase Sunday. 98% of true souls already called in sick. The perfect crime.

The Dead Three have a better call-off and sick time policy than my actual job, this is bullshit.

Episodeon XCVIII: The Best Little Whorehouse In Faerun

it's a good sign when the first thing that happens in town is an earthquake, right Mr. Random Flaming Fist? uh, you okay there buddy?
oh, i take it Lady Gaga is going to be a recurring theme isn't she. and what do you know, she popped up again five minutes later!

speaking of okay, this is a pretty okay view! and my second favorite NPC couple made it to the camps alive, and I guess we gained another follower?
i'm sure nothing bad will happen to the cute innocent orphan kid, right?

random basement mind flayer that I woke up just to kill, and Astarion being cool then summarizing the entire goddamn game in one sentence.

in order: the best NPC in any RPG ever, Gale's flying talking magic cat, and Zehra's idea of talking dirty.
she's a paladin okay, it's, like, really not what they're known for.

going into the gentlemen's club led me to something about a missing, uh, courtesan from Elminster's Library???? ok
second image, man you loving suck give me your goddamn pass and who's blackmailing you to kill refugees and be glad i'm too lazy to beat you to death
anyways, investigating the missing courtesan led to finding a ritual murder led to a nearby temple led to finding out about another murder...
led to finding a secret tunnel under that temple led to finding ZELDA SECRET FOUND.wav that led to some dead bodies that led to some shapeshifters...

that led to the most useless goddamn detective on earth...
that led to a very relatable Zehra Death Stare. okay I think that's all of it
and finally, oh crap, this fight is gonna su...c........k.......????? wait, what?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

You know, I don't think I could blame Gale if he just set off his magic nuke right there and then.

Most of your party have good reactions to licking the rotting fuckspider, but the delivery on STOPLICKINGTHEDAMNTHING is just :perfect:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
After thrashing the Hag and exploring her weird burrow I did a little bit of tidying up, sorting out inventories, letting Gale learn a bunch of scrolls, that sort of thing. I decided to go back into the Underdark and see what was going on with the dark dwarfs enslaving dark gnomes. A whole new area opened up, and because I took a left turn instead of heading to see the sergeant about her boots I wound up going into a kitchen, that led to a secret passage, that led to a weird set of cliffs, that led to an abandoned temple where I talked an angry gnome out of a canister of explosives. Stepping outside onto a precipice I could see where I came from but also other features beyond. Unclear if they're accessible or just scenery. All because I took a turn and found a hidden button.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Dick Trauma posted:

After thrashing the Hag and exploring her weird burrow I did a little bit of tidying up, sorting out inventories, letting Gale learn a bunch of scrolls, that sort of thing. I decided to go back into the Underdark and see what was going on with the dark dwarfs enslaving dark gnomes. A whole new area opened up, and because I took a left turn instead of heading to see the sergeant about her boots I wound up going into a kitchen, that led to a secret passage, that led to a weird set of cliffs, that led to an abandoned temple where I talked an angry gnome out of a canister of explosives. Stepping outside onto a precipice I could see where I came from but also other features beyond. Unclear if they're accessible or just scenery. All because I took a turn and found a hidden button.

yeah, I had heard of her but I finally found the angry gnome on Playthrough #3, which was Mean Durge, so sadly, I had to kill her and swipe her badass bomb, which I did not use

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The game would have pointed you to her eventually as it’s part of a quest you haven’t found yet but yeah there is also an insane amount of content you can just stumble upon or miss entirely

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Docjowles posted:

The game would have pointed you to her eventually as it’s part of a quest you haven’t found yet but yeah there is also an insane amount of content you can just stumble upon or miss entirely

yes, I still have not done this. all my playthroughs Ive come prepared with my own bombs, the first time incidentally :cheers:

Playthrough #4 currently, I am playing a goodie goodie Tav to romance Karlach. Having played the game so extensively, blank slate Tav is actually kind of interesting now from a gameplay perspective. You can do cool screenshots with a custom avatar without having to worry about the grim aspects of Durge.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

update: orin posed little in the way of a threat. managed to kill her pals by getting shart to cast spirit guardian and wander around while baiting them with scratch. kind of bummed i didn’t go to her room first and then taunt her by telling her i found her mom but that’s for another run i guess

also found the house of grief during my half hour before work so wish me luck i guess

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I’m currently on a run where I am committed to killing everything in sight but the tieflings and man annihilating all the druids after the tieflings left was super cathartic

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/larianstudios/status/1788533763850248702

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Laezel is such a terrible loving liar.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

why is everyone all dead like that

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I think he took her advice but wanted to go first

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It's much easier to deceive Voss if you speak for Lae'zel. Amusingly you can disguise yourself as a githyanki to make the deception check a DC10 and Lae'zel does not even think to mention to the most famous warrior in her people's history that her companion is some nobody wearing a Gith skinsuit. If you have Lae'zel play along, then you have to pass a ~DC15 AND there's also a hidden deception check for Lae'zel, which she can fail.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
The full moonrise towers fight is an amazing experience and everyone should do it at least once.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

exquisite tea posted:

It's much easier to deceive Voss if you speak for Lae'zel.

Yes, but that's rude.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
What is it about the gith bridge fight that makes it so drat hard? Even the times I've cheated and used a "level 6 off the nautiloid" mod (I got sick of the beginning of the game, okay) it seems like the whole gang just rolls crits like they're free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Everyone in the githyanki patrol is Level 5 and has an extra attack, just like you get at that level. Gith are also just deadly enemies that have annoying psychic attacks all game. The patrol totally eats it to anything with a disarm though, which is generally good practice against gith mobs in general.