Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Blitzes are the fastest most difficult mission there is, the end. The time limit ups the intensity forcing you to go fast and make sketchy plays in order to max it out.

Basically add more difficulties already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I think they must have boosted the 500kg splash damage radius. I tossed one into a mess of bugs today and got 43 kills with it. Never seen that before with that weapon

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

I think they must have boosted the 500kg splash damage radius. I tossed one into a mess of bugs today and got 43 kills with it. Never seen that before with that weapon

Yeah, the patch last week seemed to have made it actually usable as anything more than a precision strike, and so far it feels like the current patch extended it even further. I've got a few kills on bile titans who weren't even inside the visual explosion radius. I've only seen a few people mention it ITT which I'm assuming is because most people don't bring it that often and because it wasn't in any patch notes

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 9, 2024

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I didn’t find my 500kg tonight and yesterday to be especially meaty but I mostly throw them at bile titans and I don’t always have eyes on the explosion. And I was close to a few 500kg that went off but I went prone like usual and didn’t get hit.

Eruptor was mid at best for swarm clear. If stuff was spread out, as bugs do once they start to attack, it’d catch two or three if lucky. The 5+ shots were from choke points and shooting directly into bug breeches.

If the comp is breaker incendiary, it is absurdly effective at swarm clear with the option to magdump to kill a medium enemy *right now*. New Eruptor is mid on swarm clear with no option to get rid of mediums quickly. Isn’t it 3 shots to kill a hive guard? I am pretty sure I was killing them with 2 from grenade pistol, but they could have been softened up a little.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Sagebrush posted:

So, that may be true, but it is also definitely true that you can get lots of kills for destroying environmental objects or something.

You'll sometimes detonate a stuck hellbomb and get like 20+ kills when there were no enemies around. Or at least like 8.

Dren posted:

If the comp is breaker incendiary, it is absurdly effective at swarm clear with the option to magdump to kill a medium enemy *right now*. New Eruptor is mid on swarm clear with no option to get rid of mediums quickly. Isn’t it 3 shots to kill a hive guard? I am pretty sure I was killing them with 2 from grenade pistol, but they could have been softened up a little.
It's 2 shots to kill hiveguards. And I am of the opinion that hiveguards are the weakest, most non-threatening "medium" bug, so for eruptor to be good against medium bugs it really ought to be oneshotting them if nothing else.
It's really underwhelming against groups currently, so... gotta do at least one thing well.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
just throw the eruptor in your armory and don't even think about it for a few months. they'll eventually get around to making it do something again; they managed to unfuck the counter sniper after all

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Dren posted:

Eruptor was mid at best for swarm clear. If stuff was spread out, as bugs do once they start to attack, it’d catch two or three if lucky. The 5+ shots were from choke points and shooting directly into bug breeches.

And its not even just choke points, after the first nerf you needed to hit the right angle where you catch enough bugs in the smaller AOE AND can get the shrapnel off! There are times where you can shoot into a group of bugs but the eruptor hits a bug and it eats the entire shrapnel and you get jackshit out of it.

Anyways new eruptor without the shrapnel is just terribad. Shooting in the middle of 3 scavengers and getting 0 kills is not the play.

Basically a gun that is 6 shots at .33 shots per second and with the worst handling in the primary class and a 150 meter max range cannot have its role as "can kinda clear light trash poorly" thats just a bad gun even if it does break holes and fabs

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
ran recoilless tonight with gas strike and napalm strike. It felt good. Gas and napalm together will give 50 kills on a big bug breech. Having an AT for spore spewers and shrieker nests is clutch. I had a map with three spore spewers!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

atelier morgan posted:

just throw the eruptor in your armory and don't even think about it for a few months. they'll eventually get around to making it do something again; they managed to unfuck the counter sniper after all

Yeah good time to try other weapons. The plasma punisher is like a grenade launcher-lite (one shots the small bots and stunlocks Devestators). The Blitzer may not get you the most kills but it's probably one of the best ~gunfeels~ in the whole game. Just really satisfying to use.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

if you haven't gone back to the default gun, the liberator, it's still and has always been real good and fun

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

atelier morgan posted:

True, since they do buffs/nerfs based on usage statistics, you can just sorta sit on it for a bit and it'll come back eventually. It does kneecap that particular weapon's playstyle though, which is unfortunate.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

don't give up, skeleton!

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

same

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Sestze posted:

True, since they do buffs/nerfs based on usage statistics, you can just sorta sit on it for a bit and it'll come back eventually. It does kneecap that particular weapon's playstyle though, which is unfortunate.

yeah it's a shame. i want more space muskets, lever guns, bolt action rifles, gimme some crunch

i like the break action shotgun even though it's just a really lovely punisher cause you get that nice feel

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

deep dish peat moss posted:

Yeah, the patch last week seemed to have made it actually usable as anything more than a precision strike, and so far it feels like the current patch extended it even further. I've got a few kills on bile titans who weren't even inside the visual explosion radius. I've only seen a few people mention it ITT which I'm assuming is because most people don't bring it that often and because it wasn't in any patch notes

Anecdotally I was in a game earlier where someone threw a 500 into the middle of a medium sized crater with 5 or 6 bug holes and it apparently killed the entire thing, which surprised me. It had a way bigger area of effect than I remembered, but I hadn't been using them in a couple weeks. It tumbled me from the blast at the lip of the crater.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

atelier morgan posted:

i like the break action shotgun even though it's just a really lovely punisher cause you get that nice feel

ever since I got my hands on one of those the first time I always thought a sawnoff double-barrel secondary would be cool as hell

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

EDIT: Whoops

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

LazyMaybe posted:

don't give up, skeleton!

Ganbatte, Skeleton-san!

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Some of the Helldiver streamers have been commenting they felt the 500kg got a stealth buff and that they thought the area of effect seemed larger.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

how are you guys targeting 500 kg at bile titans? Should I be trying to land the bomb more towards where the head will be at time of detonation, or am I really just trying my best to land squarely between all four legs?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Get it as underneath them as possible.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I throw it at my feet as the bile titan approaches and let democracy take me

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

yesterday i dropped a 500kg bomb on a bile titan and directly hit its front left leg, which did 0 damage and the ensuing explosion also did 0 damage.

gently caress bile titans imo

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
:hmmyes:

https://i.imgur.com/y6EupD3.mp4

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Potato Salad posted:

how are you guys targeting 500 kg at bile titans? Should I be trying to land the bomb more towards where the head will be at time of detonation, or am I really just trying my best to land squarely between all four legs?

I've seen a 500kg lodge itself directly in a BTs face and it didn't kill it. You want it underneath ideally so it does the maximum AOE damage and one-shots it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

otoh a few days ago i plunked one directly on a bile titan's back, like i saw the bomb stick in there for the fraction of a second it does before it explodes (incidentally i really appreciate the physics engine in this game), and that killed it good.

it does seem like a body hit is the most effective.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

If the 500 bomb hits direct body its dead, but otherwise you want it like right on the ground between the head and body. I do think the 500 radius got buffed ive noticed it doing a lot more work.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

The key is knowing your throw, knowing how fast titans move and/or how to bait them into shuffling around or doing their spit attack, and having a sense for how long the 500kg takes from throw to detonation. I suck at 500kg titan kills and am forcing myself to do them more so I can get this sense of timing down so I get more of them dead center on the body.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

turn off the TV posted:

gently caress bile titans imo

that's how you get more bile titans

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
buddy they won't even let me gently caress the bile titans

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Potato Salad posted:

Input, bait vomit throw around where their neck is and juke the vomit.

They won't move that far after the vomit so it'll either direct hit or explode directly beneath them.

Honestly the most annoying thing about bug heavies is they're so much harder to deal with if they're NOT targeting you.

Compared to Bots where them being on someone else opens them up to most guns in the game.

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 06:40 on May 9, 2024

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

obvservations from tonight, my first session since the game was killed.

-diligence and counter sniper are effective against bugs. i take senator and AC if doing diligence to deal with medium armor and above.
-gas good
-napalm good
-flamethrower is hilarious. and good.
-AC is still a jack of all trades and feels like it's gonna get looked at no matter what anyone said.
-still having fun

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
According to ye old datamined info (now over a month old so quite possibly outdated) the physical impact of a 500kg does 1400 damage and the detonation 1200, so a direct hit should certainly kill a titan it unless something really weird happens with the hit detection.

A between-the-legs detonation either kills or brings it low enough you can finish it off with almost anything. I've even seen setting it on fire by shooting the belly with a fire breaker a few times work.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 07:43 on May 9, 2024

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Melee weapons! Maybe!

Transmog! Maybe!

HUDs! Also maybe!

Getting back in all those countries! Who knows!

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Warbond is out. I was going to skip this one but the new victory poses are :laffo: Distribute ballots :allears:

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
They should take a note from the DRG devs and mostly balance the guns for being fun to use and generally viable. It's a coop game so what if a meta develops?

Some DRG players still swear to suboptimal choices because they like the playstyle, prefer what it does against a specific enemy or whatever. Hell, we even got a mechanic that optionally randomizes your loadout for challenge runs.

I think they shot themselves in the foot by making all the weapons so quick to unlock (and in whatever order you wanted) if they wanted all of them to get a lot of use.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

The 90s jazzy cup armor in the superstore is, at last, a heavy armor with the engineering perk. :getin:

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
Like predicted, the new smg is a one handed liberator concussive so better at least in that you can use it with a ballistic shield

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
At least it's balanced the way the liberator concussive should be: same ammo count and only slightly less DPS than the defender.

The tenderizer, on the other hand, is completely baffling. I think everyone assumed the datamined version using the liberator's projectile stats was just an unfinished placeholder, but apparently not.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 11:13 on May 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

gonna enjoy using flame impacts with orbital ems and gas strike, flamethrower, and napalm strike :kingsley: