Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I assume they will put it back when they fix whatever issue they had before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

I assume they will put it back when they fix whatever issue they had before

Yeah, no way in hell they could leave it up as is. I got 1500 credits and gold plus a premium variant, which is like $50 of free poo poo.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

It's just gone? That's bullshit :(

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

It was only up for about an hour. I'm sure someone in their office was running around yanking plugs out of walls and smashing giant red STOP buttons.

Edit: Also, info on the upcoming OTA: https://snap.fan/news/balance-updates/

Don't worry, they nerfed Darkhawk and buffed Leech!

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 05:24 on May 8, 2024

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Hobgoblin into a Blinked Destroyer doesn't work :mad:
Just puts the Destroyer on your side of the board

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Devo posted:

Good

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Devo posted:

Exactly the same thing happens when you au a goblin on Lockjaw, but people seem to have forgotten that - probably because they never knew. Playing to Castle Zemo is a pro move if you're holding Blink, though.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Reminder that if you have the untapped tracker, getting to rank 90 has become completely trivial because of the bot detector.

Break even (or even a slight loss) against actual people, snap and get 4 cubes from almost every bot.

Starting at 90 the bots are mostly gone but you can't have everything.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Holy crap Klaw buff. Going to be the terror of pool 2. Insane that Darkhawk is still somehow performing, really reinforces my suspicion that Zabu Darkhawk was the most op deck in snap history.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

No Wave posted:

Zabu Darkhawk was the most op deck card in snap history.

the entire game used to be balanced around Zabu and Shang

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

great, leagues, another thing to worry about losing points in

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

uXs posted:

Reminder that if you have the untapped tracker, getting to rank 90 has become completely trivial because of the bot detector.

Break even (or even a slight loss) against actual people, snap and get 4 cubes from almost every bot.

Thanks for this heads up, because I apparently hadn't updated the app in a while, and never saw this functionality. Now that I fixed it, jumping up quite a bit in rank now.

However a bad 8 cube against a player sucked, it was a 50/50 that if I just played turn 6 a little different and put things in their proper place I wouldn't have had those odds -_-

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Thanks for this heads up, because I apparently hadn't updated the app in a while, and never saw this functionality. Now that I fixed it, jumping up quite a bit in rank now.

However a bad 8 cube against a player sucked, it was a 50/50 that if I just played turn 6 a little different and put things in their proper place I wouldn't have had those odds -_-

Yeah, come join me at level 90 so I can get your cubes.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I swear to loving god every time I try to play a brand new deck Weirdworld pops up game one. Every. loving. Time.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

uXs posted:

This still works in the 90's if you switch to an 8 cube bot farming deck that also has at least a 50/50 win rate against people. The bots are fewer but you still always get one within 6-7 games.

Just play Shuri or Hela (Hela is better for consistently winning bot games even when you miss your combo).

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Just zoomed from 80 to 90 with this, though I've been playing variations of Mockingbird Destroy for a couple weeks. I've tried a junk package, a hammer package, and a rock package, but those ultimately seem to dilute the deck's game plan. It's just small-ball destroy with some big girls at the top end, but it works.
Jeff and Scarlet Witch are the flex spots; before Quantum Tunnel day they were Deathlok and Gladiator, but they can be whatever cheap tech you want. Shoot, a lot of it's flexible: Shang can be Crossbones and X-23 can be Nico.
Just play Mockingbird as soon as possible and Death as late as possible, and you're golden.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Sometimes this game just provides amazing content

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Lost three games to in a row to 1-2 point swings of random Quantum Tunnel pulls. I do not like this location.

Think I’ll put off ranking for a day and just do my missions in PG.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My new favourite win. Agent 13 gave me Legion on T3 so I just stopped playing until T6

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Legion scamming is always fun

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Opopanax posted:

My new favourite win. Agent 13 gave me Legion on T3 so I just stopped playing until T6

This is good

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I don't like how the league thing counts conquest games. Sometimes i want to just play garbage in proving grounds to finish dailies and now you lose 250 league points for doing so.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I assume that's something they'll have to iron out in the beta. Leagues are already a hard sell, and ain't nobody gonna engage with them if PG matches count toward your score.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
idk, the idea that proving grounds shouldn't matter is kind of divisive as far as i've seen

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Really? If PG counts then leagues become even more of a P2W grind. It’ll be 100% about the number of games played and boosts purchased. In addition to making GBS threads up PG with a bunch of sweaty grinders.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

GarudaPrime posted:

This still works in the 90's if you switch to an 8 cube bot farming deck that also has at least a 50/50 win rate against people. The bots are fewer but you still always get one within 6-7 games.

Just play Shuri or Hela (Hela is better for consistently winning bot games even when you miss your combo).

I just got 90 last night so haven't played above 90 this season, but last season once I got to 90 I literally (the actual literally) got zero bots.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Skippy McPants posted:

Really? If PG counts then leagues become even more of a P2W grind. It’ll be 100% about the number of games played and boosts purchased. In addition to making GBS threads up PG with a bunch of sweaty grinders.

My take on it is that I don't really care - it's not P2W in the sense that whales are getting an advantage in the actual game (other than the usual reason that they have a more complete collection of cards, which isn't much of an actual issue in this game despite lots of whining). It's just another way for whales to get ahead in card acquisition, which they already can if they spend lots of money. They'll get their extra keys and credits and premium variants, and I will at least get a free pity prize at the bottom of the league that I didn't get before. I'd mostly be upset if the league prompts are too annoying.

If anything, PG in my region is 95 percent Agatha and/or Concede-on-Turn-3 grinders. It's a miracle if I ever get a real person there. And since this type of grinding is all about not caring about losses, maybe this will make them quit their AFK grinding schemes.

Edit: Also, from what I gather league groups are selected automatically with players of a similar level. If SD are smart, they'll group whales with whales and non-whales with non-whales. Make the whales spend even more and the rest of us feel better about not competing with unreasonable scores.

orenronen fucked around with this message at 09:25 on May 9, 2024

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Oh wait, Leagues aren't Alliances? I thought they were going to test Alliances first.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

My match-ups have me about ready to snap my phone in half after this month, think I'm done for now.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

uXs posted:

I just got 90 last night so haven't played above 90 this season, but last season once I got to 90 I literally (the actual literally) got zero bots.

This but last season and in the mid 80’s. Couldn’t get past 86. Zero bots. Soon as I dipped in to 78-79 I got bots again.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

orenronen posted:

My take on it is that I don't really care - it's not P2W in the sense that whales are getting an advantage in the actual game (other than the usual reason that they have a more complete collection of cards, which isn't much of an actual issue in this game despite lots of whining).

No, they are getting an actual advantage from perks. Specifically, there's a perk that stops you losing league points when you lose. With that perk players are not only able to snap with impunity, they're actually incentivised to do so because you're rewarded for making your opponent retreat. And the only defence is to buy a shield yourself. It's literal pay to win.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Where is there info about this? I don't remember anything popping up in the game so this thread is the first I've heard about any leagues.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
https://marvelsnapzone.com/introducing-leagues-a-new-competitive-experience/

quote:

What are Leagues?
In these limited-time events, you’ll be placed in a League with other similar players after your first game during the event. Then, just play games as normal! Throughout the League, your League Points will adjust based on your game outcomes. More cubes means more Points! At the end of the League, everyone gets rewards… but, the top spots on the leaderboard will receive the best rewards!

quote:

You can purchase Perks from the League Perk Shop:

Points Perk: All Point rewards, wins and losses, are doubled. (30 Minute Duration)
Points Shield: Don’t lose Points when you lose. (30 Minute Duration)

Perks can be purchased for Gold from the League Perk Shop. This is our first pass on League Perks and we’ll be tuning their cost and impact based on your feedback so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

Yeah I don't think I'm going to engage with that. I'm not going to pay gold for a slightly increased chance of some rewards later on.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

It looks like a pure money sink. I don’t how it’s ever value positive unless you can somehow conspire to have everyone sandbag for one player.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Jedit posted:

No, they are getting an actual advantage from perks. Specifically, there's a perk that stops you losing league points when you lose. With that perk players are not only able to snap with impunity, they're actually incentivised to do so because you're rewarded for making your opponent retreat. And the only defence is to buy a shield yourself. It's literal pay to win.

They are still losing cubes on ladder if they lose, so I don't see why anyone's going to risk that: the points only contribute toward the alliances rewards, and those rewards aren't very good.

If they want to climb ladder/win Conquest tickets, they can't really do that.

Edit: Or let's put it this way: The rewards for being #1 in your alliances group are one spotlight key, 1 premium variant, 1000 credits and some boosters. The key is the best thing here, and you're not getting that for any rank but first.

Conquest prizes are better. Ladder rewards are better. Would you spend a lot of money to buy lots of perks and snap on turn one every game (likely losing you ladder cubes and conquest wins) for the chance to get these, and you're not even guaranteed get first place in the end? There are far better ways to spend money in this game.

In fact, reports indicate the main problem with the event is the *opposite* - alliances players are reluctant to snap turn one in PG conquests, as is customary, because losing in PG has consequences now and almost no one is getting the perks.

orenronen fucked around with this message at 13:59 on May 9, 2024

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

So I can pay 350 gold for 30 minutes of perks for bullshit that doesn't matter, or I can save up 800 gold and palm heel strike the variant button for a fancy jpeg. This doesn't seem like much of a decision to me.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Devo posted:

So I can pay 350 gold for 30 minutes of perks for bullshit that doesn't matter, or I can save up 800 gold and palm heel strike the variant button for a fancy jpeg. This doesn't seem like much of a decision to me.

or wait until cool 700G variants show up in the shop and buy them!

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Fate Accomplice posted:

This option doesn't help my debilitating gambling addiction

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Fate Accomplice posted:

the variants are the variants, but the mystery drop could be anything!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Cat Machine posted:

the variants are the variants, but the mystery drop could be anything!

It could even be a variant!