Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Uw-eunuch maker for gently caress's sake. AI is devoid of creativity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's my snipe. Deal with it.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Eunuch Powell would be an ok username or something

E: Kemi Bad Eunuch

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
search find replace is not AI :colbert:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

HopperUK posted:

Oh, for anyone wondering, Mum's operation was yesterday and it went fine, she had a spinal block instead of a general which eased my mind, and she's back on the ward and texting me. So far so good. Thanks for all the support when it was cancelled before, friends.

Yay!

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Everything is AI now, sorry. This post written by an actual person is AI because you're seeing it on a computer.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Finally, Starmer is out as leader.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
https://x.com/HackneyAbbott/status/1788514991458472227

She ate

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Anyway the greens have always been a mix of lefties and eco fash, so the terfiness comes from the latter, but those fucks were old and dying when I went to the party conference in 2014 and it's a whole 10 years later. :corsair:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Jedit posted:

You mean as opposed to waiting around for deselection or expulsion once Kunt Sturmer knows he doesn't need them to form a government?

Might as well join the Greens at that point then, when you've got five years on the clock instead of a matter of months

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

HopperUK posted:

Oh, for anyone wondering, Mum's operation was yesterday and it went fine, she had a spinal block instead of a general which eased my mind, and she's back on the ward and texting me. So far so good. Thanks for all the support when it was cancelled before, friends.

Lovely news. :)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/may/09/i-understand-why-she-moved-dover-voters-on-natalie-elphicke-switching-parties

quote:

Robert Hewer, 74, had voted for Elphicke previously and would vote for her again, as her hardline views on immigration reflect his perception that “immigration is eroding our culture”.

“She’s a people person, she supports the local community,” he said. “She’s anti-uncontrolled immigration, which is a big issue in Dover and the UK. I can understand her move because the Conservatives haven’t done what they promised. They’ve let her down and she’s making a point.”

A former miner, Hewer was brought up to vote Labour, but switched to the Conservatives a decade ago in support of Brexit. He would consider returning to Labour in future, though he considers Keir Starmer “too woke”.

im jokerfying

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

"She's a people person. Which kinds of people? Oh, you know the ones..."

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
imagine getting owned by penny mordaunt. humiliating. i would simply die

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

If I were Sunak I'd simply start parachuting my worst MPs into Labour so they can cause havoc there and ruin Starmer's reputation.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Would anybody notice?

grobbo
May 29, 2014
Jess Phillips is on Twitter accusing Mordaunt of being an unprincipled cynic undermining the voices of sexual assault victims for her own political gain, which is not unfair but also an interesting line to take just as you're welcoming Elpshicke into your party.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I'm left wing and so's my wife.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Jimmy Bollock here praising rugged Keith’s macho playing style

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I remember the Oakwell Brewery pub football league so I can fully imagine that a 60 year old drunk is a scary football opponent. Doesn't mean I want them as PM.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

this is the electorate that voted for Boris saying everything will be great and driving a forklift through a wall.
Wasn't that the same election cycle Starmer tried to take an HGV test and was told in front of the cameras he'd have failed?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That’s not much of an own, seems pretty reasonable that the bar for driving around a gigantic multi-ton people-crusher should be high enough that any old prick can’t just waltz up and pass

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

History Comes Inside! posted:

That’s not much of an own, seems pretty reasonable that the bar for driving around a gigantic multi-ton people-crusher should be high enough that any old prick can’t just waltz up and pass

I'd think the own is having the hubris to think you could pass in the first place.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The funniest bit was him asking if he'd have passed and the driver saying completely straight faced 'no,' and then just the awkwardness pouring off Starmer as he bluescreened trying to work out how to react.

It's a classic, I'd find it if twitter search still worked.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

History Comes Inside! posted:

seems pretty reasonable that the bar for driving around a gigantic multi-ton people-crusher should be high enough that any old prick can’t just waltz up and pass
Yeah but most of the regulars at the Shakeys Head were bus or truck drivers because it was right next to a heavy vehicle garage so he still falls short of the standard of

Guavanaut posted:

I remember the Oakwell Brewery pub football league so I can fully imagine that a 60 year old drunk is a scary football opponent. Doesn't mean I want them as PM.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Being fair to Keith I'd struggle to pass any driving test pissed off my tits on whisky.

SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The funniest bit was him asking if he'd have passed and the driver saying completely straight faced 'no,' and then just the awkwardness pouring off Starmer as he bluescreened trying to work out how to react.

It's a classic, I'd find it if twitter search still worked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8fgSt0mx1A

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The King has decided to go for a bit of saucy seventies style sexual innuendo this week

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

grobbo posted:

Jess Phillips is on Twitter accusing Mordaunt of being an unprincipled cynic undermining the voices of sexual assault victims for her own political gain, which is not unfair but also an interesting line to take just as you're welcoming Elpshicke into your party.

regardless of elpshicke it's a interesting line to take when you're jess loving phillips

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1788467356026429867
The more he pushes to the right, the more popular Keith becomes.

He's terrible at pouring words, I'll give him that

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

To be slightly fair to jessflips, she was quoted at length overnight in the graun, furious about Elphicke given her apologia for her husband's sex crimes.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1788467356026429867
The more he pushes to the right, the more popular Keith becomes.

He's terrible at pouring words, I'll give him that

Can we have a GE so I can get on with slagging Labour off to my mates in the hope I can get them to vote Green.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

smellmycheese posted:

The King has decided to go for a bit of saucy seventies style sexual innuendo this week

Unchacteristically relatable.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I can't really back the greens because the council wants to build a big new housing estate on an old industrial park near us and the greens are opposed to it despite the fact we desperately need some new houses and if they don't build it there then they'll inevitably build it on greenbelt instead.

They're just inherently opposed to building anything even if it will be a net positive for the environment (nuclear, trainlines, etc)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Having done environmental monitoring on some of those old brownfield sites I also wouldn't want them built on but probably not for the same reason.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

That lead and cadmium are good for you, don't believe the wokeistas.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Love to see it

https://twitter.com/brightonpsc/status/1788587164843798639?s=46

Don’t forget to tune in tonight to watch them get booed offstage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

smellmycheese posted:

Love to see it

https://twitter.com/brightonpsc/status/1788587164843798639?s=46

Don’t forget to tune in tonight to watch them get booed offstage

Be interesting to see if the votes (which I believe have always been politically driven - dictated by govts) are up or down given it seems populace - where interested - are mostly pro-Palestine but western govts mostly pro Israel.

(NB I shan't be watching it so counting on you guys to post any salient bits on here :D )