Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The homestuck thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Homestuck managed to cough out a single act of a larger game before expiring, its cache all but spent.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Willo567 posted:

It's bullshit to me that stuff like Homestuck gets praised for being complex, but then Kingdom Hearts gets poo poo on for thr same reason

willo are you ever not having arguments with tumblr posts from 2013

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Edit: Nah, Im gonna sleep this joke feels like a miss

Barudak fucked around with this message at 16:52 on May 9, 2024

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The funniest part in all of KH is when (0.2 spoilers)Mickey gets hit with clothes dissolving goo by a heartless so he would look like his silhouette at the end of KH1 did for that scene recreation lol.

Something similar (BBS spoilers)Terra's cape poofing out at the end so he matches how he looks for his secret boss fight in KH2 is also real good.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Sooo talking more about KH3, is it ok if I have experience with the series but am a bit rusty to start on Critical or should I just do Standard/Proud and NG+ Critical? Already spoiled on the story so no issues there, I'm just not sure if to save time and have a challenge or get familiar first.

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 17:09 on May 9, 2024

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Endorph posted:

willo are you ever not having arguments with tumblr posts from 2013

I still see people online bemoan about kingdom hearta from time to time and how it's too convoluted for them

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 18:34 on May 9, 2024

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
kh1 proud has been fine besides guard armor. I've never played a critical mode but looking it up it sounds cooler than proud for kh2

edit: missed that you were talking about 3 oops

Looper fucked around with this message at 17:29 on May 9, 2024

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
also homestuck is epic

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Sooo talking more about KH3, is it ok if I have experience with the series but am a bit rusty to start on Critical or should I just do Standard/Proud and NG+ Critical? Already spoiled on the story so no issues there, I'm just not sure if to save time and have a challenge or get familiar first.

From what I remember, the game on Critical starts out pretty difficult, until you manage to get a couple levels under your belt, then it gets a lot easier.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Disney is cringe tho

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Willo567 posted:

It's bullshit to me that stuff like Homestuck gets praised for being complex, but then Kingdom Hearts gets poo poo on for thr same reason

People complain about the clone situation in Homestuck. I read the whole thing and for my money, once the clones showed up it marked the downturn of the comic. KH also isn't complex, it just has convoluted background lore. The moment to moment sequence of events in the actual games is extremely basic good vs. evil stuff, which is fine! I like it anyway.

choopercabra
Aug 8, 2006
It's a bizarre statement to make considering KH and Homestuck probably have similar types of fans.

I've only played the first one, it was decent but I simply wasn't interested in playing the rest.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Willo567 posted:

On the flip side there's a ton of people who have the reverse opinion too. Easy to find takes of all sorts out there.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I still don't even know what homestuck is

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jimlit posted:

Disney is cringe tho

the disney of 2024 might be cringe and even fail but heck, i still love their old movies

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I need to go back and try to finish KH3. I was really invested in the story and enjoyed the gameplay, but the pacing of the Disney worlds kind of killed it for me, I found most of them far out stayed their welcome compared to previous games, and I got burnt out midway through the Frozen world. I get why the world's are so much longer - they look great and were almost certainly expensive to make, so gotta stretch em out longer. Previous titles had much snappier pacing - sure, some of the worlds could drag a bit, but if you didn't enjoy a specific world it usually would be over in like 2-3 hours, whereas in KH3 it easily feels like double that.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Sakurazuka posted:

Keep it that way

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

CodfishCartographer posted:

I need to go back and try to finish KH3. I was really invested in the story and enjoyed the gameplay, but the pacing of the Disney worlds kind of killed it for me, I found most of them far out stayed their welcome compared to previous games, and I got burnt out midway through the Frozen world. I get why the world's are so much longer - they look great and were almost certainly expensive to make, so gotta stretch em out longer. Previous titles had much snappier pacing - sure, some of the worlds could drag a bit, but if you didn't enjoy a specific world it usually would be over in like 2-3 hours, whereas in KH3 it easily feels like double that.

The Frozen one was probably the worst of the lot. It's pretty much watching the plot of the film, except Sora is in the background sometimes.

Sakurazuka posted:

Some guy is stuck in a home. Pretty sure it doesn't get more complicated than that, but I didn't get too far into it.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Morpheus posted:

The Frozen one was probably the worst of the lot. It's pretty much watching the plot of the film, except Sora is in the background sometimes.

Yeah it fuckin sucks, and the Tangled world was basically the exact same.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Sakurazuka posted:

The sequel to the beloved Problem Sleuth.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Its a choose your own adventure webcomic with a lot of interactive bits and video thrown in. It was kinda groundbreaking at the time, but as far as retro web stuff goes its pretty dated now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the tangled and frozen worlds are the worst of it in kh3, all the others are fine

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i have a friend who did like one song for homestuck and to this day he gets like one email a month thats just someones insane timecube-esque rant thats only tangentially related to homestuck

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Tangled is okay imo because it's early in the game so it feels like a nice simple adventure to start back up, and Sora actually talks to cast of the movie and hangs out with them.

Frozen actively cuts any crossover from happening and happens waaaay too late into the game to be that inconsequential.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 18:39 on May 9, 2024

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Endorph posted:

anyone who says KH is hard to follow is basically just announcing their own stupidity.

Well, more realistically they're just echoing stuff they saw their favorite Content Creators say

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sora really should have said that Rapunzel sounds like Aerith.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
they should do a robin hood world

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Endorph posted:

the tangled and frozen worlds are the worst of it in kh3, all the others are fine

wasn't the potc world just the plot of the third movie?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Willo567 posted:

wasn't the potc world just the plot of the third movie?

It was explicitly not in fact. It was its own side adventure that occasionally crossed over because the plot was specifically that Calypso was using a fake Jack Sparrow to keep Sora away from the main plot.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
square should do a Leon prequel

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Honest Thief posted:

square should do a Leon prequel

It was called Final Fantasy VIII.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Tangled is okay imo because it's early in the game so it feels like a nice simple adventure to start back up, and Sora actually talks to cast of the movie and hangs out with them.

Frozen actively cuts any crossover from happening and happens waaaay too late into the game to be that inconsequential.

Larxene being able to build a massive dungeon to keep Sora preoccupied is kinda funny at least.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ffviii ftw

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
dungeon encounters plays pretty much perfect with a mouse and keyboard

ImpAtom posted:

It was called Final Fantasy VIII.

they should do another one, this time get the original assets and export them in higher fidelity

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the pirates world in kh3 at least has the bit where davy jones is like I HAVE NO HEART. IM A HEARTLESS. MY HEART IS IN A BOX AND HAS MYSTICAL POWERS. and the org is like 'wow we should get on that' and then they realize he meant his literal physical heart and not the kingdom hearts keyword Heart thats closer to a soul. thats very funny

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
All this KH talk has inspired me to get it
Also there's a sale on it, at epic - they're £15 instead of £50 which makes it a reasonable cost I'm saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

That reminds me, I got Shadow of the Tomb Raider for free on Epic. I should take the time and not play it.