Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

im not watching it for the one true and just boycott reason: käärijä was robbed and should have won it last year, but the fix was in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/cee1e3ce-5971-47c4-83de-4445afc43fa9?shareToken=41c5714165b36c0de900cdbf45449ec2

rodney you karen!!

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Young people nowadays probably haven't even seen the funniest comedic moment of all time

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Be interesting to see if the votes (which I believe have always been politically driven - dictated by govts) are up or down given it seems populace - where interested - are mostly pro-Palestine but western govts mostly pro Israel.

(NB I shan't be watching it so counting on you guys to post any salient bits on here :D )

I can’t see them making it to the final lol. Its a public vote

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Honestly being booed off is the best they can hope for. I’d imagine a stage rush has been planned by some radical gays in the audience

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
really the internet only needs one person to watch it so long as they post the video of the booing somewhere online

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Sunak's persistence in chasing the gammon vote ever further to the extremes, grandly disregarding the red flashing lights on the opinion polls, is almost admirable. This is a guy who picks a strategy and commits to it.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Tesseraction posted:

rodney you karen!!

I'm now reflecting that I can't even remember the last time I called anyone a wally. Back in the day, people were always calling each other wallies.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Buncha wazzocks

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

smellmycheese posted:

Love to see it

https://twitter.com/brightonpsc/status/1788587164843798639?s=46

Don’t forget to tune in tonight to watch them get booed offstage

I'm not watching it because I respect a boycott and it is the actual literal least that I can do

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
having an israeli entry there is going to be an absolute nightmare for the organisers, it'll be like if they hadn't banned russia in 2022

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Any actually interesting songs this year?

As for Labour being 30 points ahead, it’s mostly “Vote Labour / Tactical vote and get out Tories!” Stockholm syndrome. Has loads of people saying it’s a good move to pick up votes but not consider people on the left.

But let’s face it, most like myself have resigned themselves not voting for the red Tories already.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Gen Z also would never call someone a bedswerver, smell-feast, or saddle goose.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

keep punching joe posted:

Gen Z also would never call someone a bedswerver, smell-feast, or saddle goose.

They probably would if you told them the words. I'd call people those things.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Starbucks posted:

Any actually interesting songs this year?

No, just like the last 1,000,000 years of Eurovision

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

crispix posted:

having an israeli entry there is going to be an absolute nightmare for the organisers, it'll be like if they hadn't banned russia in 2022

It was weird that they banned Russia and not Israel in 2022 too tbh.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

This was the front page of The Star today and my partner and I were talking about it. It is interesting as a showcase of how language changes over time and how popular shows can influence slang outside of their cockney origins, but as a front page story it was *farttttttttttt*

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

:allears:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A shame they missed.

grobbo
May 29, 2014
Not often you find yourself rooting for the Luftwaffe in 2024, but there we go.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I just realised that was from 2021, so there's a chance Derek's dead now if he's as old as he pretended to be in his letter

This one's more recent and deserves being laughed at.

Kids these days being quiet and respectful, what is the world coming to? :allears:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"I have never been near a school in the morning or afternoon" because anyone who has would know that kids are still rowdy.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

fuctifino posted:

I just realised that was from 2021, so there's a chance Derek's dead now if he's as old as he pretended to be in his letter

This one's more recent and deserves being laughed at.

Kids these days being quiet and respectful, what is the world coming to? :allears:

lol. Literally nothing will satisfy Boomers in their hatred of the world despite having the easiest time of any generation in history

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

OwlFancier posted:

"I have never been near a school in the morning or afternoon" because anyone who has would know that kids are still rowdy.

Except at Michaela, where zombie children is policy

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

crispix posted:

tbf they didn't do this after Crimea and Russia's entry was about how you need to stop being shy and admit you need to be together, causing everyone to be extremely mad

this was only funny to me because it was the most obvious thing they were ever going to do and the Eurovision big brains were like "no no no this show is above politics"

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Archive:

https://archive.ph/13od9

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

crispix posted:

They've had to mute the crowd for the broadcast and replace it with fake clapping.

Even then it was still picked up on the singers mic.

https://twitter.com/rasmusbravado/status/1788666402930389398

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I see 'stops' and I see 'small boat'. Mission accomplished.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

serious gaylord posted:

They've had to mute the crowd for the broadcast and replace it with fake clapping.

Eurovision going the WWE route you hate to see it

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Did Israel enter the engine from event horizon as their act?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Libera te tutemet ex puncta

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I hope Israel wins and then they have to pay to host it next year and instead of singers every other country accidentally sends aid workers, food, and medical supplies.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

serious gaylord posted:

To be fair, you can hear the cheering in that video, too. Obviously, you can hear the person shouting better because they are right next to the microphone and most smartphones nowadays do noise reduction when recording video.

Lady Demelza posted:

I hope Israel wins and then they have to pay to host it next year and instead of singers every other country accidentally sends aid workers, food, and medical supplies.

I hope people in Gaza won't have to wait an entire year for that to happen, to be honest.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lady Demelza posted:

I don't think they'll be hosting in Rafah

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Well in that case I hope they win and next year every other country accidentally sends shock troops.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Lady Demelza posted:

I hope Israel wins and then they have to pay to host it next year

american taxpayers would end up paying for it in the form of a bailout stimulus package

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Lady Demelza posted:

It's Israel, they'd just execute them and claim they were Hamas sleeper agents.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://x.com/SarahABracke/status/1788667105656672373

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Does a fair better job than just wearing a trilby and going off on one about how the gay marriages sabotage your real workers' movement by being all gay aren't they.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lol they made the final

Not lol the world sucks