Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

why even have an entourage if you're going to be punching instagram photographers yourself

Who else will give the victim directions to their own assault?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

T-Square posted:

Lol isn’t this exactly what you said about Rice and the car incident too

those would have indeed been positive things for him though. Then he was arrested and video surfaced, which turned out to be a negative for him. You do realize I'm not defending him, right?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Rashee Rice sure seems like a piece of poo poo and again he isn't even that good. On almost any other team he'd be buried on the depth chart, a huge beneficiary of the chiefs lack of receivers and offensive scheme but clearly thinks he's already a superstar.

I'd prefer Zay Jones, who is both bigger and faster and I actually think he's better than he's shown so far.

Anyways, fun games that will happen this year in advance of the schedule release, courtesy of some guy or possibly some lady:

quote:

- Rematches: Not just the Super Bowl reunion, Chiefs at 49ers. Both conference title games re-run, with Lions-49ers and Ravens-Chiefs.

- Reunions: It feels weird to type, but Kirk Cousins’ Falcons visit the Vikings, Stefon Diggs’ Texans host the Bills and Saquon Barkley’s Eagles take on the Giants twice. And I’m sure both Sean Payton and Russell Wilson will circle Steelers-Broncos.

- Narratives: The Harbaugh Bowl (Ravens-Chargers), the No. 1 Pick Bowl (Panthers-Bears), the Offense Bowl (49ers-Dolphins) and the Who Is Up Next Bowl (Colts-Texans). Don’t forget that Indianapolis — without starting QB Anthony Richardson — was one score away from replacing Houston in the playoffs.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Repeating that Rice isn't good doesn't make it any more true than the first time you said it. He's really good.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

kiimo posted:

Repeating that Rice isn't good doesn't make it any more true than the first time you said it. He's really good.

he is extremely efficient

at hitting cars and people

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Can't even crack 1k yards with the best QB of his generation. If you put any real WR1 on that team they'd be a superstar.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yes and also at yards, catches and yards after catches

quote:

Set the Chiefs rookie record for receiving touchdowns (7) and receptions (79). Recorded the second-most receiving yards by a rookie in Chiefs history (938) trailing only Dwayne Bowe (995).

he was #4 in the NFL in yards after catch. He's good.

and a gigantic, unbelievable moron. Allegedly.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Can't even crack 1k yards with the best QB of his generation. If you put any real WR1 on that team they'd be a superstar.

WR1 is Travis Kelce

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Buster Skrine is on the run for bank fraud. He must have invested poorly.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

kiimo posted:

You can think that if you want, I just was never very impressed by him and I watched him every week. He's not that fast, he doesn't have that much wiggle or agility, he's not that good against man coverage. His main good quality is that he has good hands, which is definitely pretty important so I'll give him that. And which quality instantly vaults him above the other guys the Chiefs had last year.

Wanted to make sure I wasn't misremembering so I just watched a ten minute 'highlight' video of his play this past year. And yeah, it was pretty much all him being completely open due to scheme and catching perfect passes, or catching a wide receiver screen and getting exactly what was blocked for him and no more. He almost never runs anything but sit routes against zone, shallow crossers against middle linebackers in zone, or outside screens. The majority of his successful touches were directly schemed up for him due to the Chiefs lacking so much in the WR department.

I think once the Chiefs get decent receivers, assuming that ever happens, they'll easily outperform him and he'll quickly fade away. Assuming he isn't in jail by then. You're free to feel differently.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

kiimo posted:

WR1 is Travis Kelce

I think Mahomes can easily support another receiver for 1k+ yards. You're crazy if you think otherwise.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not entirely sure he even plays for the Chiefs again.

Don't want to overreact, but luring a photographer back to a club at 2am under false pretenses to assault him (if true) is extremely concerning. That's some Antonio Brown level crazy behavior

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

kiimo posted:

WR1 is Travis Kelce

Big whoop, guy's not even a future Hall of Famer anymore.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Chiefs fans... laffo

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I think Mahomes can easily support another receiver for 1k+ yards. You're crazy if you think otherwise.

Only true elite QBs can get multiple receivers over 1,000 yards which means Derek Carr is the GOAT since he did it in 2016 with Cooper and Crabtree

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Black Sunshine posted:

Only true elite QBs can get multiple receivers over 1,000 yards which means Derek Carr is the GOAT since he did it in 2016 with Cooper and Crabtree

That was a great year for him iirc

..until he got hurt :ohdear:

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Black Sunshine posted:

Sounds like a perfect replacement for Tyreek Hill.

Chiefs skill position group operates under the Law of Conservation of rear end in a top hat

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

3 DONG HORSE posted:

That was a great year for him iirc

..until he got hurt :ohdear:

Literally the only sack Donald Penn gave up the entire year :cry:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I thought George Pickens was supposed to be the guy with character issues. I'm still waiting on that being an issue for Pittsburgh

So glad we passed on him to draft Skyy Moore, a person who cannot play football but seems like a decent fellow

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Maybe if Clark Hunt had paid for team photographers Rashee wouldn't have to lure one to a club on his own to assault

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Clark Hunt got an F- on the blind poll for photographer tackling dummy facilities

he was quoted as saying "I never promised poo poo"

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I feel like this incident is relatively minor on the scale of "NFL players using Instagram to lure a professional to a location/situation" in the last few years.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was looking up other crazy poo poo which Antonio Brown is probably the king of crazy just by sheer volume but anyway I was shocked to see that Rae Carruth is OUT of jail already?

He straight up murdered a pregnant woman.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'd thought he paid someone else to murder a pregnant woman? Which for some reason feels worse.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He blocked her car while a hit man shot her

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

kiimo posted:

He blocked her car while a hit man shot her

I feel like that's a bad hit man if you have to help them

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Midnightghoul posted:

I feel like that's a bad hit man if you have to help them

You should at least get a discount

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
He served 19 years and turned 50 this year.

Even football criminals are making feel old now. :corsair:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah he didn’t personally pull the trigger so I guess it wasn’t a life sentence even if he ordered and assisted in the hit. The baby survived but suffered permanent brain damage :( Also wtf

“Carruth quickly fled after Adams' death, but was captured on December 15 in West Tennessee, found hiding in the trunk of a car outside a motel in Parkers Crossroads. The trunk also contained $3,900 cash, bottles of his urine, … ”

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

kiimo posted:

I thought George Pickens was supposed to be the guy with character issues. I'm still waiting on that being an issue for Pittsburgh

So glad we passed on him to draft Skyy Moore, a person who cannot play football but seems like a decent fellow

This, but Alec Pierce

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I thought Pickens whole problem was injury history

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'd thought he paid someone else to murder a pregnant woman? Which for some reason feels worse.

Buster Skrine??

Nvm I missed a post.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

I vaguely remember reading something about Carruth right before his release saying something like "I'm going to fight for custody of my son" and that was about the most vile poo poo I've heard in a long time.

"Hey kid, I know that I hired and helped a hitman kill your mother while you were still in her womb and the resulting trauma directly contributed to your brain damage and cerebral palsy but I'm still your dad so let's just hug it out!"

I hope that nobody ever lets him near that young man

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I thought Pickens whole problem was injury history

He's pouty when he has Kenny Pickett or Tittie Kisser throwing towards him

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

D-LINK posted:

I'd be pouty too if those were my QB's.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

How's Malik Nabers getting on over at the giants?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

D-LINK posted:

I think he also fought teammates in college

edit:

nevermind

kiimo fucked around with this message at 01:05 on May 10, 2024

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

I think he also fought teammates in college

edit:

https://twitter.com/AllChiefdUp/status/1788625964823433334

why are so many NFL players down with cheescake factory

edit 2: lol quick reverse image search

https://postimg.cc/0b2KzvQr

Remember what happened to Baker outside of one?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Fat Jesus posted:

https://twitter.com/WesSteinberg/status/1783922705294631173

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Fat Jesus posted:

Funny you ask, there's actually a hilarious media kerfuffle going on over a ten thousand dollar bet he apparently made with Jayden Daniels (and then spoke to the media about) over who would win rookie of the year.

The media flaks (and probably the NFL) are trying to decide if this constitutes illegal betting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The best Twitter account