Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

OzFactor posted:

a "level 6 off the nautiloid" mod

:nono:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

exquisite tea posted:

It's much easier to deceive Voss if you speak for Lae'zel. Amusingly you can disguise yourself as a githyanki to make the deception check a DC10 and Lae'zel does not even think to mention to the most famous warrior in her people's history that her companion is some nobody wearing a Gith skinsuit. If you have Lae'zel play along, then you have to pass a ~DC15 AND there's also a hidden deception check for Lae'zel, which she can fail.

The real way to deceive Voss is to be a barbarian and don’t bring her at all. Just choose all the barbarian options and he decides you’re a total loving idiot and leaves you alone

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Everyone in the githyanki patrol is Level 5 and has an extra attack, just like you get at that level. Gith are also just deadly enemies that have annoying psychic attacks all game. The patrol totally eats it to anything with a disarm though, which is generally good practice against gith mobs in general.

Then you meet gith monks who have no weapon to disarm and are even more deadly than the regular warriors :stonklol: Gith enemies in general are OP as gently caress

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I had thought I read that if you try and attack Voss at the bridge, the other githyanki would run away automatically

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

The XP mods are my favorite mods ever. No massive changes to the game files, literally just a text file put in a directory that changes how much XP you get.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Medullah posted:

The XP mods are my favorite mods ever. No massive changes to the game files, literally just a text file put in a directory that changes how much XP you get.

Combine them with mods that expand the levels out to level 20

(and grab the 5e Spells mod so there's at least *something* to learn from 7-9th level spells)

BlazetheInferno fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 9, 2024

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

BlazetheInferno posted:

Yeah, the fun thing about Shadowheart is that if you leave the decision completely up to her, she will always throw the spear away, even if you've been completely supportive of the Shar stuff. She'll only actually stab the Nightsong if you push her to do it... which, considering what happens when Shadowheart stabs her, is honestly a very good thing.

The problem with this as the default is that it makes it much less likely for the player to hear the 641st-best voice line in the game MY. NAME. IS. SHADOWHEAAAARRRT! in act 3.

(Raphael has 640 lines, each of which is tied for first place:love:)

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 10, 2024

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

oh so the house of grief is bad. i get it now.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

cash crab posted:

oh so the house of grief is bad. i get it now.

Grief may seem bad but it's important to work through it as you head towards Hope

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Medullah posted:

Grief may seem bad but it's important to work through it as you head towards Hope

hmm. i love you

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
Welp, I've officially broken the century mark on my save file and there's about a billion things to do here and I'm never going to escape from this am I? The stuff I went through today felt like it was an hour, but somehow took four-ish. Though a decent chunk of that was finally equipping all of the loot I have sitting around to people.

Episodeon CI: The Gang Meets The Ex

sighhhh not you again. everyone quickly decided they'd rather talk to Gortash (or literally anyone else) instead, which wound up working pretty well!
except then I had to do it again on a randomly chosen class because agreeing to his truce is apparently an oath-breaking action.* boooo.
apparently there's several ways to go through the main story quests from here on out, I should decide what path to take, probably.

farewell, Rivington and Wyrm's Crossing, hello Baldur's Gate proper. :toot: now what?
i picked a quest semi-randomly and decided to finish Gale's subplot first by going to Sorcerous Sundries and...uhhh, you okay there Rolan.
and man, even the proprietor's hologram exudes a smug aura.

Loroakkananana seemed like a drag, so Zehra decided to abuse an employee, then abuse invisibility potions, then abuse a door...

letting us break into his vault to steal (among many other things) a book containing all of Karsus' dirty secrets! then we found some incredibly obvious idiot bait.
but, as we've established, Zehra cannot ignore intrusive thoughts, and had to poke the lamp anyways, trapping her for eternity.
kind of a weird way to implement a game over, but...

never mind, a mage hand gave its existence to free her, and unsummoning it caused the lamp to disappear in a puff of oxymoron.
your sacrifice shall be remembered for all time, Githyanki Psionics Mage Hand. :911: :italy: :finland:
then an old man told us to go to church. idk it seems a bit early for Zehra and Gale to be getting married, isn't i-
oh, apparently he's been ordered to talk to The Ex. and she is not happy. :stonk: :rip:

hey, at least Gale didn't get smited! or is it smote? also, Zehra gave $3600 and a prayer to Lathander and received a pretty good blessing in return. :toot:
except for one specific bit**, I've been consistently encouraging him to just be Gale Dekarios, hopefully enough to get him on his Apotheosis-Free Route.

* yes, i could have just paid the Oathbreaker Knight $1000, but two class changes are cheaper. :eng101:
** look, Zehra wanted to gently caress like the gods. you can't blame a girl for that.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You can escape the lamp in the Sorcerous Sundries basement by using the Summon Quasit scroll in the room to trap them there.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

exquisite tea posted:

You can escape the lamp in the Sorcerous Sundries basement by using the Summon Quasit scroll in the room to trap them there.

I figured out the solution from the outside a while back but I never actually looked at the junk I was looting on the way out lmao

sometimes I think about a post itt about how you don't need rope, and even if you did, rope would be dungeon clutter exactly 5 feet next to where you needed it

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Yet another thing I've managed to miss on four playthroughs

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

exquisite tea posted:

It's much easier to deceive Voss if you speak for Lae'zel. Amusingly you can disguise yourself as a githyanki to make the deception check a DC10 and Lae'zel does not even think to mention to the most famous warrior in her people's history that her companion is some nobody wearing a Gith skinsuit.
If you do that, there's a hilarious idiot bait option to tell Voss "hey, stop yelling at me, I'm just pretending to be a gith".

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

If you do that, there's a hilarious idiot bait option to tell Voss "hey, stop yelling at me, I'm just pretending to be a gith".

lol

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Talking to animals has proven to be much more than a gimmick. I helped set off a spider revolt and unleashed cow vengeance.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
An auspicious start on the Quest for the Golden Dice!

Being a Halfling... does this mean it rolled two 1s? I don't think the combat log gives information on dialogue skill checks.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Ulvino posted:

Being a Halfling... does this mean it rolled two 1s? I don't think the combat log gives information on dialogue skill checks.

Sure does! But I'm sure you've got that out of your system and it's smooth sailing from here. :sun:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Ulvino posted:

Hell yeah! The odds of this 1 in 400, right? 👀

e: also, noticed the name of your brave Halfling :cheers:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

i managed to completely brutalize house of grief. for some reason wyll was the missing piece?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Good stuff. Do with this what you will, but fully siding with Gortash will cause you to miss several awesome set piece encounters. You can stab him in the back whenever despite pinky promising to be best buds, or go along with his plan all the way. Both totally work. But imo several of the best segments of act 3 are tied to taking him down.

And yeah it's unreal how much content there is in act 3.

Ulvino posted:

I swear on my first few honor attempts I had more unbelievable dice rolls than the following 100 hours combined. Like failing the DC7 or whatever to free Gale or crit fails talking my way into the Blighted Villiage despite max persuasion. At least when your run blows up before like level 4 you haven't flushed much time :pseudo:

tarbrush posted:

Yet another thing I've managed to miss on four playthroughs

I only found this after like 3 runs while reading the wiki. It never occurred to me to try walking through a random wall

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

cash crab posted:

i managed to completely brutalize house of grief. for some reason wyll was the missing piece?

Assuming you have kept him as a warlock, there's a perk that lets him see in darkness which lets him blast away even when the Sharrans drop Darkness on you.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Ashcans posted:

Assuming you have kept him as a warlock, there's a perk that lets him see in darkness which lets him blast away even when the Sharrans drop Darkness on you.

Also a perfect fight for hunger of hadar killing half the enemies

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Docjowles posted:

Then you meet gith monks who have no weapon to disarm and are even more deadly than the regular warriors :stonklol: Gith enemies in general are OP as gently caress

They've been training and fighting Squidbois and slaughtering anyone who looks at them crossways since like forever honing a brutal martial society.

Also they're lead by Space Hitler.

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
Are there advatages and disavantages that arent shown on your hit chance? I was save scumming a 75% attack chance, and it was only landing on about a third of saves. Is there an inherent penalty on tactician that doesnt show on the mouse over odds?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Weasling Weasel posted:

Are there advatages and disavantages that arent shown on your hit chance? I was save scumming a 75% attack chance, and it was only landing on about a third of saves. Is there an inherent penalty on tactician that doesnt show on the mouse over odds?

Unless you saved scummed a sample of like 1000 times I think you just got RNG’d.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I feel like I want to wipe out all these dark dwarfs but for my PC thematically it wouldn't make sense. But some of them back you into a corner during conversations so your choice is to either be terrible or fight, so...

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

EorayMel posted:

Also a perfect fight for hunger of hadar killing half the enemies

yeah, that helped, as well as invoking daylight/healing over and over

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Dick Trauma posted:

I feel like I want to wipe out all these dark dwarfs but for my PC thematically it wouldn't make sense. But some of them back you into a corner during conversations so your choice is to either be terrible or fight, so...

they are carrying loot and experience points that rightfully belong to you, and for that they must die

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

They are very bad to gnomes! And cows!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The Duergar are unrepentant slaver assholes, gently caress em. DND has this unfortunate element where entire races are basically inherently evil, and they're one of those

Zodium posted:

they are carrying loot and experience points that rightfully belong to you, and for that they must die

also this :black101:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I can forgive a little slavery here and there, but worst of all, none of the duergar are even particularly hot.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Zodium posted:

it owns that Baldur's Gate 3 can not only be played like this, but all* Origin Characters can accomodate the RP of Old School Dungeon Delver Murderhobo

*I tried being Evil Origin Karlach for about an hour or two but I was totally not mentally equipped to handle seeing that play out, lmao

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

I can forgive a little slavery here and there, but worst of all, none of the duergar are even particularly hot.

They become so when thrown into lava

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Leal posted:

:hmmyes: Good point.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Leal posted:

I do so enjoy the fact that you can shove a Duergar in to lava and then talk your way out of a fight. Like "Yeah, okay, my buddy is now a melted pile of slag, but we can let it go THIS TIME."

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

No honor among thieves. Hate to see it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

exquisite tea posted:

No honor among thieves. Hate to see it.

The dungeons and dragons movie with Chris pine told me there was in fact honor among thieves tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

MariusLecter posted:

The dungeons and dragons movie with Chris pine told me there was in fact honor among thieves tho.
This is alao the reason why a single-class Thief Bhaalspawn could not side with Bodhi in BG2.