Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
*sees 29 new posts*
*tracks down the "he can't keep getting away with it" post in anticipation*
*reads thread*
*closes other tab*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Frank Frank posted:

So I'm betting Doryani's / Sacrificial Chamber / Locus of Corruption probably boost transcendence then. Makes sense.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Geez, using a "strongest monster drops loot as div cards" in a T17 and replacing the pack type with a single rogue exile sure is something. 2 sepirots, 2 divine beauty and a fortunate in a single map. I ran my first deathless abomination and used all my portals ferrying div cards back to my hideout because there were so loving many of them.

E: OK, Uthred is the fucker from Expedition that has his own arena where he fights you, takes a break and then summons laser beams for a while that you have to dodge.
1) The T17 variant of this guy doesn't seem to take breaks between laser summons, they just happen non-stop during the fight. He still stops but he summons other Expedition bosses instead of liches(?) like he does in the normal fights. Yes, that includes the lovely "Dark ring/teleport slash lady" and also Medved who just sorta stands there while you beat him to death.

2) The laser beams come much faster with less warning and are harder to dodge (I got nailed by one post leap-slam where I should have been in the clear but it killed me anyway)

3) The laser beams instantly kill you The laser beams hurt badly but how badly they hurt depends on your map mods. In round 2, I was able to tank 1-2 hits without instantly dying.

Any sort of damage reduction on this boss really sucks because of his ward ability.

E: Frogged the map and went back and finished it. Correcting some of the stuff that I wrote above because it wasn't accurate. I did find an unkillable 20-foot tall frog though so that was nice.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 20:22 on May 8, 2024

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

whypick1 posted:

*sees 29 new posts*
*tracks down the "he can't keep getting away with it" post in anticipation*
*reads thread*
*closes other tab*

It's boring when he doesn't get away with it

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Finally sold a jewel for a div! Awakened PoE seems to give a rough idea of what some of them might be worth, is there a better way than putting the modifiers into the trade site to figure out what the actual value might be? Clusters seem to be a little more straightforward with values on poe.ninja at least, but regular jewels not so much.

Also messing around with some atlas strats. Doing a legion/shrine one. The goal is to clear the map while picking up sulfite for the buff and then knocking out all the legions right?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

If you're taking about regular jewels, it's about what combos of mods go together. For example, "%max life, phys DoT multi, %global phys DMG" (bleed characters) or "%max mana, %crit multi for lightning, %crit multi ele" (mana stackers). Odds are you won't really be able to sell regular jewels unless you happen to have a god-tier one drop or get a good fractured mod.

If you need to temporary power, then yes, generally the idea is to grab all the Shrines + Sulphite nodes then blitz the content.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
So I went ahead and bought corrupted Ralakesh boots with a +2 aura gems corrupt just to see how far off I was from being able to use them. Turns out all I'm missing is 14 fire resist. I still keep 100% suppression and will have ~68% chaos resist which I can probably address with tattoos nope apparently those are gone. I can live without for the time being In the end I'm going to have to craft a new helm I guess. The good news is that I don't need T1 rolls on it to make it work but I need:

Life (preferably T1)
Wildcard Defense Mod
Open Prefix for crafting

Reservation
Suppression (+6 or more)
Fire Resist (+14 or more)

I figured I could just craft T1 life and FR and then use essences to finish with reservation and fish for suppression again since I didn't need a big roll.
The crazy part is that apparently there's no wiggle room on this craft and it uses 86/88 corpses which won't work if I want to fracture. Is there a better way to go about this? There are no helmets on the market that hit these mods which seems crazy to me since we're just asking for T1 life and pretty much any fire resist roll above 14

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 01:28 on May 9, 2024

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

fknlo posted:

Finally sold a jewel for a div! Awakened PoE seems to give a rough idea of what some of them might be worth, is there a better way than putting the modifiers into the trade site to figure out what the actual value might be? Clusters seem to be a little more straightforward with values on poe.ninja at least, but regular jewels not so much.

Also messing around with some atlas strats. Doing a legion/shrine one. The goal is to clear the map while picking up sulfite for the buff and then knocking out all the legions right?

Jewels are very strange because they don't have mod tiers so you're ONLY looking at mod combinations and knowing which ones are good/in demand is really something that you need game knowledge for.

That said, anything with % max life/mana/es carries a premium. Items with multiple % crit or dot multi (especially if they synergize, e.g. w/ ele skills + w/ fire/cold/lightning skills). 4x crit multi are $$$, as are 3x + % life/mana/es.

Anything useful is usually also good, like res and stats are usually in some sort of demand, though it's less likely to carry a true premium.

Otherwise, you're really looking at things that are meta for the league.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

So I went ahead and bought corrupted Ralakesh boots with a +2 aura gems corrupt just to see how far off I was from being able to use them. Turns out all I'm missing is 14 fire resist. I still keep 100% suppression and will have ~68% chaos resist which I can probably address with tattoos nope apparently those are gone. I can live without for the time being In the end I'm going to have to craft a new helm I guess. The good news is that I don't need T1 rolls on it to make it work but I need:

Life (preferably T1)
Wildcard Defense Mod
Open Prefix for crafting

Reservation
Suppression (+6 or more)
Fire Resist (+14 or more)

I figured I could just craft T1 life and FR and then use essences to finish with reservation and fish for suppression again since I didn't need a big roll.
The crazy part is that apparently there's no wiggle room on this craft and it uses 86/88 corpses which won't work if I want to fracture. Is there a better way to go about this? There are no helmets on the market that hit these mods which seems crazy to me since we're just asking for T1 life and pretty much any fire resist roll above 14

No, CoE always defaults to 86 corpses, but you can slide the slider back and forth to change how many it uses. It adds/removes them in order, so cutting 20 or so off the top is removing some very marginal gain. For example, at 86 corpses the affix weights for max life and fire res are 91.83% and 82.95%, respectively; at 60 graves used, they're 87.55% and 80.2%.

Plus, the whole point of the row/column effect and adjacent corpse effect corpses is to place them such that their buff is worth more than the slot they take up, so you get 1.x graves worth of value out of 1 slot. The standard row/column buffs only layout is equivalent to 93 corpses, for example, while the "power layout" is equivalent to 99.4 corpses. The sort of intermediate version, were you stack some 40% adjacent effect on the left hand side to boost fractures and/or additional crafts but otherwise just use the row/column effect layout is ~95 corpses.

Between these two things, you can make it fit.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

totalnewbie posted:

Jewels are very strange because they don't have mod tiers so you're ONLY looking at mod combinations and knowing which ones are good/in demand is really something that you need game knowledge for.

That said, anything with % max life/mana/es carries a premium. Items with multiple % crit or dot multi (especially if they synergize, e.g. w/ ele skills + w/ fire/cold/lightning skills). 4x crit multi are $$$, as are 3x + % life/mana/es.

Anything useful is usually also good, like res and stats are usually in some sort of demand, though it's less likely to carry a true premium.

Otherwise, you're really looking at things that are meta for the league.

7% life, 3% mana reservation and the fabled "Corrupted blood cannot be inflicted upon you" are the highest value jewel mods that I routinely sell.

E: good 4 mod jewels (4 individual mods) plus a corrupted mod sell for a small fortune. Good corrupts are any of the immunities or status mitigations, bonus AoE, reservation like I mentioned before of just raw damage are very desirable.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 04:18 on May 9, 2024

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

So after several T17s on a build that is, admittedly, not great at them, I think I've come to the same conclusions most folks have. The loot is great! Maybe too good, but that's for GGG to decide. Unfortunately, they just aren't very fun to run imo. The layouts are as bad as it gets and too samey (more custom layouts would be great). B2B kinda compounds this by making them feel relatively empty compared to juiced T16s, even though it is prob the best way to multiply the loot in them. The mobs and mods have been beat into the ground, but yea they need some attention too. A lot of it is too binary - there's a handful of mods that are just un-runnable, so there's no real fun in rolling the maps either. This map mod issue isn't exclusive to T17s, but it's much more pronounced here.

Lots of potential, but they definitely need work.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Crafted my new helm base. Somehow got 3 helms from ~130% additional item chance (not sure how that's possible but w/e). 2 almost perfect T1 life/fire fractures and another T1 life/lightning :toot:

Hit T2 suppression and a defense mod after about 75 essences and we have liftoff.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 18:50 on May 9, 2024

Pastrami
May 27, 2004
Fear the Lunch Meat
Agree about T17. Seems like one or more of the following would likely help:
- Make T17 independent of your atlas tree, similar to unique maps (fixes giga juicing, but would likely result in T17 being boss rushed almost exclusively for uber fragments)
- Remove or heavily disincentivize use of Back to Basics.
- Rework affixes on T17s. Current system that requires rerolling maps literally 30-100 times on average is insanely unfun.

I favor the removal of Back to Basics. You are already rewarded for blocking league mechanics on the "normal" block nodes by increasing chances of other league mechanics. And I find a lot of league mechanics fun (domination, beyond, deli, harvest, boxes) so why am I being indirectly discouraged to use them by the existence of Back to Basics. Yes I will tend toward the most optimal strat if I have a goal to reach and need currency.

As it stands right now I get why people don't like this league. The endgame loop is profoundly less fun than it was in TOTA, Affliction, etc. People feel forced into farming T17 with an atlas tree that results in incredibly generic maps filled with potentially punishing and unfun mechanics. Who the gently caress likes union of souls? I also think the juicing consolidation to 4 scarabs has had an overall negative effect on the game, and I hope they either drastically rework a bunch of the scarabs (seems likely) or increase the number of map slots we get (seems less likely based on past GGG) so that I am not feeling like I am playing in an extremely non-optimal manner if I am not using 4/4 scarabs to juice whatever specific mechanic I am farming.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Crafted my new helm base. Somehow got 3 helms from ~130% additional item chance (not sure how that's possible but w/e). 2 almost perfect T1 life/fire fractures and another T1 life/lightning :toot:

Graveyard mods like that are one of the few things that does roll over past 100%. 130% additional item chance = 1 guaranteed additional item + 30% chance at a 2nd (which you hit).

Pastrami posted:

Agree about T17. Seems like one or more of the following would likely help:
- Make T17 independent of your atlas tree, similar to unique maps (fixes giga juicing, but would likely result in T17 being boss rushed almost exclusively for uber fragments)
- Remove or heavily disincentivize use of Back to Basics.
- Rework affixes on T17s. Current system that requires rerolling maps literally 30-100 times on average is insanely unfun.

This and make the regular bosses have a somewhat high chance of dropping their fragment.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Hahah holy gently caress

https://pobb.in/lsAeekXzPjHn
I have no idea why it says it's configured to 5 power charges because I have it manually set to 3 power 5 frenzy 3 endurance but it shows up like that anyway.
Now north of 200m dps, near 300m DPS with adrenaline and I have no idea how much with berserk active. Even more?

:bisonyes:

I'm considerably slower which isn't great for mapping but everything just dies immediately including bosses so that's nice. I switched over to berserk/rage gloves and it's wild to walk into a boss arena, pop berserk and one-shot map bosses.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 9, 2024

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

How big a deal is Dying Sun for projectile builds (specifically LA)? Farming T16 Dunes it feels like things die as fast as I can move in range and right click already.

After fixing my flasks (thanks thread) and swapping out a ring to free up some points on the tree, I did some Breech xp farming yesterday and it was so enjoyable and quick I’m up to 97 already and think I’ll push for my first level 100 toon.

But there’s room for some more upgrades before that, namely a proper helm instead of the unique Gull one I’ve been using just for the shrine duration buff, or Dying Sun.

The helm will require a gravecraft (fractured life and chaos res) which is a bit tedious, but the flask is just a trade away. Main benefit of the helm would be survivability through: chaos res, mana reservation efficiency enabling the addition of Dread Banner, phys taken as fire benchcraft, and eldritch implicits. Dying Sun would of course be some more damage or I guess more clear.

Maybe the answer is I should just do both, though the shrine duration buff on The Gull is really nice cause it can take me a solid 30 seconds or more just to find and activate all the shrines on the map before I start popping breeches, and even with faster breech opening on my atlas I still can’t always open them all before shrine buffs start falling off.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Dying sun’s usefulness is relative to your proj count. If you have +2 from bow and +1 from quiver then it may not be worth using depending on what you have to give up to equip it.

But +2 proj is pretty big. Assuming nothing else changes and that all your projectiles hit the target, your dps would be (n+2)/n * 100% where n is your proj count pre-dying sun. +50% flask effect gets you to +3 projectiles.

The additional aoe is worth considering too, as LA benefits from this effect.

wemgo fucked around with this message at 20:41 on May 9, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

bawfuls posted:

How big a deal is Dying Sun for projectile builds (specifically LA)? Farming T16 Dunes it feels like things die as fast as I can move in range and right click already.

After fixing my flasks (thanks thread) and swapping out a ring to free up some points on the tree, I did some Breech xp farming yesterday and it was so enjoyable and quick I’m up to 97 already and think I’ll push for my first level 100 toon.

But there’s room for some more upgrades before that, namely a proper helm instead of the unique Gull one I’ve been using just for the shrine duration buff, or Dying Sun.

The helm will require a gravecraft (fractured life and chaos res) which is a bit tedious, but the flask is just a trade away. Main benefit of the helm would be survivability through: chaos res, mana reservation efficiency enabling the addition of Dread Banner, phys taken as fire benchcraft, and eldritch implicits. Dying Sun would of course be some more damage or I guess more clear.

Maybe the answer is I should just do both, though the shrine duration buff on The Gull is really nice cause it can take me a solid 30 seconds or more just to find and activate all the shrines on the map before I start popping breeches, and even with faster breech opening on my atlas I still can’t always open them all before shrine buffs start falling off.

I can only speak for myself so take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt because I'm wrong a lot, but Dying Sun is a nice thing to have but not all that big a deal. Unless you have a way outside of the flask itself to generate flask charges for it very rapidly, it's going to be down a lot more than it's up. I had mine set to go off when charges hit full but switched it to "when you hit a unique enemy" because the DPS is more important there. Unique flasks are usually a luxury item and come at a premium but won't benefit you much if you don't already have a really solid base (with the possible exception of Progenesis but go look at the price for that flask). Stuff like bottled faith and dying sun are there to compliment builds but won't make or break them.

Unique items should be the centerpiece of your build but you should avoid trying to use too many for two main reasons:
* They cannot be modified much outside of like, divining explicits or w/e in some cases.

* They cannot be eldritch-enchanted. You get 2 eldritch enchants per uncorrupted rare item (gloves, chest, boots, helm) and they can be extremely powerful upgrades. You should look into eldritch enchanting ASAP as you can do lesser enchants for dirt cheap.

If you'd like to post your updated PoB, I (and others in this thread who know better than I do) can take a look.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Dying sun is *great* early league when you cant afford a +2 proj bow.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I have +1 projectile on my quiver now, and the usual projectile tree stuff for Deadeye, but no added projectiles on my bow.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Then dying sun will be big for your clear. For the most part, you should be offscreening all non-rare mobs before your clear is “good enough.”

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

I need character help!

I got a late start this league, and I'm doing COC DD Inq, which is nothing like any other build I've played. Things were going great until T16s, and now my survivability and damage don't feel good enough to do anything juicy/interesting.
I think I might have accidentally broken some things upgrading gear in the wrong order or before respeccing the appropriate part of my tree.

Honestly by the standards of people who know what they're doing, this is probably a shambles, but I'm determined to actually learn some poo poo this league instead of burning out. Any help is appreciated.

https://pobb.in/3BmmZzsp8UYW

E: Obviously there are the universal things I could do like get better gems, but I don't want to spend all my money just yet if I've screwed up something major in the foundation.

Leatherhead fucked around with this message at 21:27 on May 9, 2024

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Leatherhead posted:

I need character help!

I got a late start this league, and I'm doing COC DD Inq, which is nothing like any other build I've played. Things were going great until T16s, and now my survivability and damage don't feel good enough to do anything juicy/interesting.
I think I might have accidentally broken some things upgrading gear in the wrong order or before respeccing the appropriate part of my tree.

Honestly by the standards of people who know what they're doing, this is probably a shambles, but I'm determined to actually learn some poo poo this league instead of burning out. Any help is appreciated.

If someone hasnt written something up by the time i get home, ill write something this evening.

Long story short, at first glace your weapon is sort of bad. You need to get 14 cooldown reduction (typically from crafted belt prefix and eldritch implicit from boots).

I havent yet looked at your flasks, tree, gems.

Drop the mana potion, you dont need it if you have eldritch battery.

Try a “gifts from above” ring to replace the polaric devastation for now. Itll add some tankiness.

You can import my build to pob if you want to compare. My poe profile name is “wemgo”

Dont have 4 flasks with “gain charge when dealing a crit” like i do. I screwed up and i am just too lazy to fix it

wemgo fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 9, 2024

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Leatherhead posted:

I need character help!

Well, I don't have access to PoB to really dig into your character, but the low hanging fruit is almost assuredly your flasks. You have EB what are you even doing with a mana flask?

I also agree with wemgo, get a better weapon, put hits cannot be evaded on it so you can drop all your accuracy stuff on the tree for something else, get your CDR, it's a huge damage boost. Sometimes it can feel like you're dying because you don't have enough tank but if everything is dead it can't hurt you.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Thank you both - mana flask is left over from the janky setup I had where with the banner reserved it would give me just enough mana to cast Haste, but I realized the real issue is I should have dropped precision by now but was worried about my crit chance.
Just moved up from Gifts from Above to Polaric Devastation, clearly a little too early, I'll go back for now.

CDR/Weapon seems to be the biggest target (other than flask) I'll start there, and take a look at Wemgo. I appreciate pointing out any other major poo poo I've got wrong too.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Also, i havent done the cdr switchover (laziness again)

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Okay. Here goes:

- Your Desecrate skill gem should go in the first gem slot in your body armor, then DDoCR, then LSSoS/CoC. This is very important as the gems are cast by CoC in order from top left socket and then down following the links.
- You can easily craft the weapon you want. Follow this Necropolis recipe: https://necropolis.pathoftools.com/61cd11b7-fc4d-406d-9028-3c51e2b4ce59 to get the suffixes you want (80% chance to hit). Then follow the craft for a cocdd foil at this link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QX_sl-HWMmliTSG3gHpDBiJlVc9kAy9K5kFHqoD7_8M/edit#gid=1944057955. The second part is more expensive than the first part (hence my foil) costing at least 1 veiled orb and 1 div.
- Previously mentioned CDR improvements are a very large dps increase (25% or more). Remember: 14%
- Once you get the "hits cant be evaded" prefix on your weapon, you can run a lvl 1 precision if you need the extra crit chance.
- Haste aura is neither necessary nor optimal here. Get a Vaal Haste for the situational buff and do not run the non-Vaal Haste aura.
- You have two cries on call to arms which doesn’t work. If you do switch off of Polaric Devastation ring, run infernal cry. Once you go back to Polaric Devestation re-equipped begin using enduring cry.

- Ditch the Kiara's Determination for a regular silver flask. You can (and should) get Freeze Immunity from the Brine King Pantheon
- Roll your flasks and target the following suffixes: crit chance, attack speed, and evasion/armor/resistance (depending on need). When you get the disposible currency later on, make a spare flask with the movespeed explicit for mapping.
- Use beast crafting to pit the “immunity to bleeding” affix on your health flask.

- On your passive tree, pull out of the ele damage nodes near the start and take the shorter path through the +int nodes for 2 free points.
— Use 1 point to take the evasion mastery that gives "+15% suppression if you have evasion in helm, body, gloves, boots.” Congrats, you're now spell suppression capped!
— Since you're suppress capped, re-allocate the suppression mastery to the one that gives “phasing when you suppress a spell.”
-Spend the other point on the crit mastery "+25% crit multi against unique enemies"

- Buy and equip a corrupted rare jewel with the “corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you" implicit mod and at least a "crit multi for fire skills" explicit mod. You shouldn't have to pay more than 1 divine.
- Buy/craft a Body Armor on a better base for more ES and evasion.

There are two primary ways that this build scales damage early. First, we use the Yoke, which adds 5-10% more damage for each ailment, and stack a bunch of different ailments on the enemy. Second, we increase our cooldown recovery to increase the effective casts we get from coc. Without getting into the math just know that there are specific cooldown breakpoints, of which 14% cdr is the first and more reasonably attained.

cocDD damage scaling is weird due to the limited ways we have to increase our damage. It is important to know that our dps does not scale with Spell Damage and only benefits from Attack Damage if that attack damage inflicts an ailmentdue to our use of the Yoke. Our damage does, however, benefit from increases to fire damage, fire crit multi, and global crit multi.

wemgo fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 10, 2024

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Affliction made me feel rich cause I ran non wisp content to make bank. This league I basically flipped and idk how to make decent money at this point and I've yet to successful run a single t17. I am bad though.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
As mentioned, total of 14% cdr is big
If you roll eldritch currency on boots for cdr you can also add Drop brittle ground with searing currency for some more crit chance.
That should make you be able to drop the accuracy nodes, when you have Hit’s cant be evaded on sword.

Drop Infernal cry as only one guard skill can be used.

You need tattoos for both chance to poison and bleed, as you have a Yoke, can also be found on jewels.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Why is it so hard to craft T1 life and Chaos resist gloves? Helm was like a 1 in 2 chance to hit. Best I can get the gloves to is like 1 in 5 loading up on chaos resist corpses and a couple +life corpses. I figure I'm going to use the same approach I did with the helm; fracture T1 life and chaos, finish with elemental resist essences until I get 1 T1 resist, 1 decent resist and a defense mod.

Hmm Defense / Chaos resist seems a lot easier to hit for some reason. I really want that T1 life roll since I'm losing a ton not having anything at all on my boots now thanks to Ralakesh. It's going to be a lot harder to essence spam 2 resists AND a good life roll though so I guess it's a "pick your poison" situation. I'm going to go for the life/chaos fracture and try to get an extra item out of the craft and hope one of the two hits.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 23:31 on May 9, 2024

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Frank Frank posted:

It's going to be a lot harder to essence spam 2 resists AND a good life roll though so I guess it's a "pick your poison" situation.

Please read back through my earlier explanation to you of how to get a Life prefix.

You don't need to essence spam everything. Essence for suffixes, then use eldritch or metacrafting (via Wild Bristle Matrons) to do prefixes.

This is a general crafting pattern that you should learn: do one "half" (prefixes / suffixes) first, then do the other "half" (suffixes / prefixes respectively) using a method that preserves your first results. For non-influenced gloves/boots/helm/body armour this is particularly easy and low-risk thanks to Eldritch Annuls.

E: Also:

Frank Frank posted:

Hmm Defense / Chaos resist seems a lot easier to hit for some reason.

It's because there are no Defense suffixes on gloves, so boosting Defense doesn't "crowd out" Chaos Res. On the other hand, Str or Str-hybrid gloves have four Life-tagged suffixes, three of which have no other tags you can target to push the weight down.

Setec_Astronomy fucked around with this message at 23:43 on May 9, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Setec_Astronomy posted:

Please read back through my earlier explanation to you of how to get a Life prefix.

You don't need to essence spam everything. Essence for suffixes, then use eldritch or metacrafting (via Wild Bristle Matrons) to do prefixes.

This is a general crafting pattern that you should learn: do one "half" (prefixes / suffixes) first, then do the other "half" (suffixes / prefixes respectively) using a method that preserves your first results. For non-influenced gloves/boots/helm/body armour this is particularly easy and low-risk thanks to Eldritch Annuls.

Oh yeah the crazy complicated eldritch thing you posted. I have that bookmarked along with that fracture graveyard configuration. Let me go re-read that.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

Oh yeah the crazy complicated eldritch thing you posted. I have that bookmarked along with that fracture graveyard configuration. Let me go re-read that.

I promise it's not as complicated as it looks! It just boils down to "do suffixes first, then use eldritch exalts/annuls to do prefixes."

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Setec_Astronomy posted:

I promise it's not as complicated as it looks! It just boils down to "do suffixes first, then use eldritch exalts/annuls to do prefixes."

So I guess I can gravecraft defense + chaos resist for the fracture, use essences to get a T1 resist + another resist, then do your edlritch crafting deal to finish it? I guess alternatively I could do Defense + random elemental resist fractures and then use chaos essences, then eldritch.

Noooo I think I understand crafting now. This is terrible news.

E: CoE seems to think it's pretty easy to hit a random T1 defense mod + chaos resist on gloves so I guess I'll go that route since I'm not really picky about the defense mod I end up with.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 9, 2024

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

So I guess I can gravecraft defense + chaos resist for the fracture, use essences to get a T1 resist + another resist, then do your edlritch crafting deal to finish it? I guess alternatively I could do Defense + random elemental resist fractures and then use chaos essences, then eldritch.

Yes, both of those work great!

Note that there is a downside to the ele resist fracture, which is that you can't Harvest swap it to another element to balance your resist (since it's fractured). That can be a pain in the rear end if you do it across all your gear.

The rest of my detailed post was just about an alternative to eldritch crafting that you can use to do prefixes if either:
1) Eldritch currency is super expensive relative to the second strategy, or
2) Eldritch currency isn't an option (e.g. for rings/amulets/quivers/belts).

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Well, I had already buried a bunch of chaos corpses so I guess I'll do the Chaos/defense fracture and go with that. Thanks again, I'll let you know how it goes.
Edritch annuls are ~70c to a div on console so totally doable.

E: Uh, I apparently have a bunch of eldritch annuls I didn't realize I owned sitting in my currency tab so that's nice I guess.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 10, 2024

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

…Edritch annuls are ~70c to a div on console…

…Uh, I apparently have a bunch of eldritch annuls I didn't realize I owned…

Cant keep getting away with it

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

wemgo posted:

Cant keep getting away with it

This is just me being dumb and not actual luck although I suppose there’s a decent amount of synergy between the two mechanics

E: Some guy just bought my old helmet for 20 D and made a point of telling me he's been looking for one like it for 2 weeks on the market with no luck :unsmith:
I think I missed my calling as a console itemcrafter. No one builds stuff except for themselves here and people will pay a metric fuckton for what they want.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 10, 2024

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Literally all crafting no matter how complicated boils down to "do the (prefixes/suffixes) first, then do (whichever one you didn't do) fwiw it honestly is not as complicated as it seems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

The complication might be slightly overblown, the tedium though...