Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Outpost22 posted:

Make it a RLM harem dating simulator

In an interesting twist on the genre, the goal is to make the boys STOP trying to gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

kalel posted:

lol. but it's true

Christopher Tolkien was keeping a world of poo poo at bay, and back in the day some were comparing him to Brian Herbert. Shameful.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
people who play 20+ hour games to completion just to make sure they're bad have a more holistic understanding of art and greater sense of purpose than you who cling to your fragile mortality will ever know

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Cubone posted:

people who play 20+ hour games to completion just to make sure they're bad have a more holistic understanding of art and greater sense of purpose than you who cling to your fragile mortality will ever know

This is why known gamer Rich Evans knows more about Star Trek than Mike Stoklaska.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Cubone posted:

Pinhead if he was a Gamer

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Cubone posted:

You do have a point. Imagine if Mike shut off Baby in the first half like he desperately wanted to

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Mike inadvertently saved the future of cinema by hiding Rich's grundle with a pillow during The Baby.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Cubone posted:

kind of like completing a movie that you know is poo poo in the first five minutes. it's thread praxis

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Oh hey, Gollum is making the same face I made when I read this tweet about new Gollum branded Gollum content! That tells me this content was made for me, and people like me!

I certainly hope they make a special popcorn bucket with a lid shaped like Gollum's face, so I can finally achieve my life's dream of asphyxiating with my entire head shoved into Gollum's mouth!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
"They're making a new LOTR movie that takes place between the Hobbit and the originals and Gollum is going to direct it" sounds like the kind of thing that would get thrown out in the writing room of The Onion, and resoundingly voted down.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
meesa smeagol

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I hope it's stretched out into a trilogy.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
A real post, from CD.

scary ghost dog posted:

the only narrative formats that arent afflicted with obvious special effects are literature and animation. if youre watching a live-action tv or film production, and it has special effects, you are going to notice that there are things on the screen that dont exist in reality. if you get hung up on the means by which those things are realized, then it is an issue with your perception, not the production

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Mordja posted:

A real post, from CD.

Star Wars fan spotted

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
So why did Gollum become the key character holding everything together (and if we can get him working... because he's a funnier character than we've had so far) in the LOTR universe in recent years?

Mordja posted:

A real post, from CD.

Now I'm just a humble man, but I like it when stuff I'm watching maintains verisimilitude and when a boom mic doesn't drop into frame.

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 9, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1788649661860839676?t=kg0BPzF5b98lm9qZizjsow&s=19

It's amazing how quickly my desire to see an animated Batman series set in the 1940s fades away when I read that Bruce Timm is attached to the project. 20 years ago I'd be excited to see Timm do more Batman stuff but since then he's gotten a lot worse.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
The fact that they specify ANIMATION as being incapable of showing things that don't exist in real life is loving insane

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
HarleyQuinn Gollum teamup adventure when?

Vakal
May 11, 2008
But will Harley have two rear end cracks in this one?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Vakal posted:

But will Harley have two rear end cracks in this one?

No I don't think Margot is playing her this time

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I'm afraid of people who aren't introduced as somebody's girlfriend

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
I'm afraid of Batman.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'm afraid of Americans.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
I'm afraid.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
ueyesss!!! more DARK super hero slop. im fuckin TWYSTED

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Have any emotion about super heroes in 2024 challenge (impossible)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Mordja posted:

A real post, from CD.

Having standards instead of just uncritically consuming content like a hog eating slop, is bad

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Speaking of Andy Serkis, has anyone seen Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes? I liked the first two of the newest movies, but haven't watched the third one so don't know if it starts going downhill.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

starkebn posted:

Speaking of Andy Serkis, has anyone seen Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes? I liked the first two of the newest movies, but haven't watched the third one so don't know if it starts going downhill.
Not yet, but I'm going to see it tomorrow. I love that last Apes trilogy that Serkis was in, but he's not in the new one, so I'm apprehensive about it because Serkis' character was the main reason I liked the last few.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
War for the Planet of the Apes was pretty good but the best one is definitely Dawn. Those Ape effects look incredible ten years later. Rise of the Planet of the Apes's CGI is a bit dodgy but they nailed it in Dawn.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
i have not seen kingdom of the rise of the dawn of the realm of the destiny of the fall of the power of the planet of the cgi monkeys

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

dreezy posted:

i have not seen kingdom of the rise of the dawn of the realm of the destiny of the fall of the power of the planet of the cgi monkeys

Turn off your monitor

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

make the whole movie out of machine gun apes on horseback

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i watched a good man with steven seagal what a film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMcLAJnMwiQ

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Sunk Dunk posted:

i watched a good man with steven seagal what a film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMcLAJnMwiQ

He's truly one of our finest black actors.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Did people see this article?

Marvel Will Release No More Than Three Movies and Two Shows Per Year, Bob Iger Says

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Tunicate posted:

Marvel Will Release No More

YES!

Tunicate posted:

Than Three Movies and Two Shows Per Year, Bob Iger Says

...dammit.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

That is still an unsustainable level of slop

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Theres an entire Silmarillion to do, but lets do a m needless middle film poo poo about finding a character who provided corroborating evidence in the main story loving hell what a tedious tale to tell when we have a spider older than time that eats sunlight and god so thoroughly destroying the world they make it curved instead of flat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Did they ever talk about doing a Twilight prequel yet? Or some spin-off series?

"Up To Bat" It's a series about a secret vampire baseball league through history.