Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I wonder how increasingly isolated he’ll be this time around!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Was it every revealed wtf happened to Virgil Texas?

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Also please sign my petition to replace Virgil Texas with Alexis Texas, thank you.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

The Demilich posted:

Was it every revealed wtf happened to Virgil Texas?

He converted to Catholicism and you know how it goes

E: to be clear he did resurface for a half second back in 2022 as a writer for a Catholic magazine but he never published anything afaik

TeenageArchipelago has issued a correction as of 01:56 on May 10, 2024

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/tnega74/status/1788559010280456227?t=8IfNiRd0DqHwfU0U91Kgdw&s=19

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

bedpan posted:

I forget when it happened but trump said out loud to a crowd he was addressing that he had a good life and hosed it up by getting into politics and wants to just grab one of the parked trucks and just drive away

That tracks, he initially ran as a PR stunt (like the other times he had before) and when he was actually president he clearly hated the actual job.

It took a world-historic bag fumble from Hillary for him to even become President to begin with.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

One thing that Blue MAGA can't explain or scold away: at the end of a second term Biden will be 86, and he's already barely able to read teleprompters without difficulty.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

It’s really important to note that they didn’t actually codify same sex marriage, they just made it so states have to recognize same sex marriages performed in other states. Which arguably just removes potential headaches should gay marriage be turned back into a state by state issue.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

LGBTQ activists no doubt worked tirelessly for decades to move the needle in favor of gay acceptance, fighting back against religious right Anita Bryant types. Then the moment there's a favorable SCOTUS case or opinion polls tick to 51%, liberals swoop in to claim credit like they were fighting the good fight. It has to be frustrating for activists.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Lol biden gonna be left off the Ohio ballot. Incredible. Democrat needs to be careful they don't intentionally throw this election too hard, there's a genuine risk they blow the entire fundraising game if it becomes so apparent even the rubes can't keep the faith.

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀

The Biden administration frantically calling some Opus Dei psychos to get Fr Riley Lastname, SJ, added to church rolls from the 50's.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

WampaLord posted:

quote:

You, and others, seem to repeatedly confuse voting for someone with support for everything they do, or even anything they do. With approval. It is not. I have been more than happy in the past (often in very local, personal elections) to vote for someone and then immediately return to actively opposing every policy they sought to implement. I don't understand why you would have difficulty understanding that.

lmfao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

Opus Dei psychos

Careful friend, thems fightin words

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Asproigerosis posted:

Lol biden gonna be left off the Ohio ballot. Incredible. Democrat needs to be careful they don't intentionally throw this election too hard, there's a genuine risk they blow the entire fundraising game if it becomes so apparent even the rubes can't keep the faith.

If Biden isn't on the ballot in Ohio, that probably costs Sherrod Brown his seat and thus Democrats lose the Senate

Man if that happens, that stunt Colorado Democrats pulled would be a massive self-own

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Asproigerosis posted:

Did a ruling come out confirming or you just loling about how stupid it is to make it an issue to begin with?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

CubanMissile posted:

I wonder how increasingly isolated he’ll be this time around!

every day he will be half as close to fully isolated as he was the day before

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Thoguh posted:

Did a ruling come out confirming or you just loling about how stupid it is to make it an issue to begin with?

https://twitter.com/jbalmert/status/1788555082885206414?t=_b_1xSz3DbckViM-TNzjGA&s=19

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

One of the Trillbilly guys on the recent Chapo made the good point that a lot of Trump supporters are checked out and just think Biden will steal the election "again," and this wouldn't be reflected in polling. They've basically lost faith in electoralism.

I feel like turnout is going to be exceptionally low, but that this might actually help Biden now.

TBH that sounds like major "polls aren't real" cope. I'm pretty sure the first question in a likely voter screen is generally "Do you intend to vote?"

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I would not have faith the republican majority legislature will let them change the law by next week and the secretary of state is absolutely not going to be decorous and let him in.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lmao @ Biden

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

A ranking bag fumbling

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

loquacius posted:

it's not even accurate, I disagree with Biden on many issues! One of them just happens to be "should we fund a genocide"

Even if it were the single issue of genocide - ITS A REALLY BIG IMPORTANT AND KEY ISSUE AND NO ONE SHOULD loving SUPPORT GENOCIDE!

But its also like, he's a racist. Hes a rapist. He hates migrants. He loves war. He loves destroying the environment. He's loving senile. He was a key creator of the student loan situation and has done nothing to fix it. You still can't declare bankruptcy on student loans. He's against universal healthcare. He's just watching as millions of people in america are priced out of housing. He's anti abortion.

I could go on.

Edit: He's a key reason why the USPS is struggling and refuses to replace the people who are running it into the ground like a lovely business.

silicone thrills has issued a correction as of 02:34 on May 10, 2024

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I thought we were supposed to vote for someone based on their policies?

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

biden will lose arizona, georgia, and nevada and probably therefore the election. the 269-269 outcome must happenb

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Grey Fox posted:

Comparing the Palestinian genocide to the GWOT...in Biden's defense??
https://twitter.com/BFriedmanDC/status/1788399407727083791 bro what

this is the same rear end in a top hat that said, during the early parts of the ukraine war, fallujah had very little civilian casualties and that the US would never deliberately bomb vital infrastructure lol

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1788358280743460950

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

shes probably the worst of these careerists

(he also didnt say that he actually said he would continue sending weapons)

forgot to add theres (0) aid getting into gaza for like the past 4 days since israel ... invaded rafah and took over the last crossing

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

HallelujahLee posted:

(he also didnt say that he actually said he would continue sending weapons)

that isn't going to stop her shoring up his numbers

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

bedpan posted:

that isn't going to stop her shoring up his numbers

anyone already opposed to this loser isnt buying any of it though their not winning over anyone lol

and they managed to piss off the insane zionists even more

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

even better than "pause"

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Gripweed posted:

It’s really important to note that they didn’t actually codify same sex marriage, they just made it so states have to recognize same sex marriages performed in other states. Which arguably just removes potential headaches should gay marriage be turned back into a state by state issue.

It turns it into "gay marriage for white libs" which is what they want. It is bad legislation, and I think I'd rather not have it because it sets a lovely, racist, and classist precedent.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

drat. Watching HRC on MSNBC and I feel a sense of loss for America and the World with having her presidency stolen by Russia, the right wing, our dirty media who kept talking about her emails as they were well aware of just how mobbed up Trump was, the electoral college, sexism, and the non stop selling of the meme, “people just don’t like her” even though she was very popular as Sec. of State.

Btw the world would not have had the 14 million dead from C-19 if she had been in the White House.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/st...MHPZJn72fEk4rvX
Archive Link

quote:

Immigration Held U.S. Wage Pressures in Check, IMF’s Georgieva Says
Paul Kiernan, Reporter
Last Updated:
April 18, 2024 at 7:04 PM EDT

A surge in immigration has made the U.S. economy more competitive by preventing wages from rising more than they otherwise would have, the head of the International Monetary Fund said Thursday.

Asked to explain why U.S. economic growth is currently outpacing Europe, IMF Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva cited “abundant labor coming across the border,” alongside innovation and relatively moderate energy prices.

“It creates a domestic political problem,” said Georgieva, who was just selected to serve a second term at the IMF’s helm. “Not everybody who crosses the border adds positively to the economy. But that labor supply also gave to the United States another comparative advantage: Wages are not pushing up, because there is no strong pressure because of lack of labor."

Some 7.7 million unauthorized migrants have crossed the southwest border since 2021, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Economists say the numbers are big enough to meaningfully change the U.S. labor force.

Year-over-year growth in average hourly earnings has eased to 4.1% in March from 5.9% two years earlier, according to the Labor Department. Still, that’s higher than before the pandemic, when wages typically rose between 3% and 3.5% per year.

IMF being honest about why the US continuously lies about being the land of freedom, milk, and honey.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

pathetic holy poo poo

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

SgtMongoose posted:

TBH that sounds like major "polls aren't real" cope. I'm pretty sure the first question in a likely voter screen is generally "Do you intend to vote?"

not many pollsters are doing lv screens 6 months out from the election

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

:dementia:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Nichael posted:

pathetic holy poo poo

Dems don't need ohio in play

Vim Fuego