Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Been liking the clips I’ve seen of Edge’s matches, he seems like he’s on a great last run. Sad he’s having it in front of half-filled houses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Been liking the clips I’ve seen of Edge’s matches, he seems like he’s on a great last run. Sad he’s having it in front of half-filled houses.

Same!

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Shinjobi posted:

I know I like to joke about the death of AEW, but if anything actually worries me it's the brains behind the running of TNT. I don't trust that company for poo poo.

One major difference is that someone else probably WOULD buy the streaming rights instead of shunting it off out of pure spite for wrestling as a concept. Though they probably wouldn't get as much from Amazon (at best), Apple.tv (ehhh), or...I dunno, does Tubi have live sports?

But the fact that David Zaslav's brains drizzle out his nose when he sneezes is certainly a concern.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There are important differences, the main one being AEW isn't owned by Turner but lmao at another lovely doomed merger hurting a wrestling company.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm going to enjoy aew for as long as it exists. If some stupid backroom deals makes it go away. At least I got to enjoy wrestling again. But I would also love it if we got to a place where we weren't talking about how it was going to die every week. That would be nice

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

We’re all going to die Shard

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Shard posted:

I'm going to enjoy aew for as long as it exists. If some stupid backroom deals makes it go away. At least I got to enjoy wrestling again. But I would also love it if we got to a place where we weren't talking about how it was going to die every week. That would be nice

Don't worry. We will.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm not

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

post hole digger posted:

We’re all going to die Shard

I don't want to talk about that either

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Shard posted:

but this is the hell thread

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

blunt posted:

but this is the hell thread

Oh I don't mean we should only be positive in here. I just mean talking about how aew's going to die any day now is boring

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s not boring

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It’s not boring

🥱💤😴

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

Oh I don't mean we should only be positive in here. I just mean talking about how aew's going to die any day now is boring

it’s like they say, the truth is more boring than fiction

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

nothing short of Jesus Christ returning was going to ever be competitive on cable versus the Knicks playoffs

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
You should have to have at least one less than glowing opinion about AEW in your posting history to post in Hell. Shard, I am waiting

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

The problem with AEW is they have too many really good matches. How am I supposed to keep up with all of these really good matches, Tony???

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ted Turner needs to have a hostile takeover of what is rightfully his, take back his cable channels. Only then can we get this plummeting grabass wrestling show off of Wednesday nights and air what Turner airs best: reruns of Jetsons and The Herculoids.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
How long has Ted been a vegetable anyway?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NienNunb posted:

Ted Turner needs to have a hostile takeover of what is rightfully his, take back his cable channels. Only then can we get this plummeting grabass wrestling show off of Wednesday nights and air what Turner airs best: reruns of Jetsons and The Herculoids.

ted turner is watching the jetsons inside his head right now

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I can fix him.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

ted turner is watching the jetsons inside his head right now

More of a Herculoids guy, always asking for gloop and gleep

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

You should have to have at least one less than glowing opinion about AEW in your posting history to post in Hell. Shard, I am waiting

MJF's title reign was poo poo at the end and the way Tony Khan handled the cm punk situation from beginning to end was atrocious.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Shard posted:

MJF's title reign was poo poo at the end and the way Tony Khan handled the cm punk situation from beginning to end was atrocious.

Well played.

I loved the title reign until it became part of whatever the gently caress Adam Cole tries to do

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Tony Khan had the sense to pass on Gargano but not enough sense to pass on Adam Cole

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sticky Nate posted:

Tony Khan had the sense to pass on Gargano but not enough sense to pass on Adam Cole

Honestly up until the Wednesday Night Wars, Cole had done nothing but gotten over and moved business wherever he had gone and there was a ton of built-in feuds with guys already in the company, particularly Omega.

Now three years later, they haven't been able to get to any of those feuds and won't be able to anytime soon and he's been attached to one of the worse creative periods in company history, so, rip.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Everything Adam Cole was good until the first AEW concussion and he hasn't been able to stay healthy or interesting since

Edit: also the histories will say that MJF and Cole only got bad when Cole got hurt.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

You guys are letting The Flop Champion MJF off the hook a little too much, he’s just as much of a sports entertainer as Cole.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

You guys are letting The Flop Champion MJF off the hook a little too much, he’s just as much of a sports entertainer as Cole.

Nien and I are in agreement on this.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

NienNunb posted:

that's right

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

NienNunb posted:

I wrote a whole fuckin' column about that!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
MJF/Omega/Mox have been the only good World Champs

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
no one wants to admit that vince was, once again, right about someone and that adam cole is a tiny little manlet who should only be used to put over real talents, like keith lee and karrion kross

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

MJeff posted:

Honestly up until the Wednesday Night Wars, Cole had done nothing but gotten over and moved business wherever he had gone and there was a ton of built-in feuds with guys already in the company, particularly Omega.

Now three years later, they haven't been able to get to any of those feuds and won't be able to anytime soon and he's been attached to one of the worse creative periods in company history, so, rip.

That's not entirely Cole's fault - TK hastily rebuilding the company around CM Punk came at the expense of Cole and a few others, booking-wise. Cole's injuries catching up with him in AEW didn't help either. I also don't get Cole's appeal at all so that's coloring my analysis for sure.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

C. Everett Koop posted:

no one wants to admit that vince was, once again, right about someone and that adam cole is a tiny little manlet who should only be used to put over real talents, like keith lee and karrion kross

Shut the gently caress up.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Shard posted:

That'll literally never happen no matter how good or bad AEW is doing. They could be running 10,000 seat packed stadiums twice a week and there'd still be people saying they're doomed because they're not doing comparable ratings to WCW from 30 years ago.

Personally I'm incredibly doomer about AEW's future cause I just have no faith in Warner Bros Discovery to not ruin everything it touches, plus the extreme hostility the wrestling audience has to anything that isn't WWE when WWE is on a hot streak, plus TK's general inability to not make an embarrassment of himself and everyone who watches his show on a weekly basis.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MJeff posted:

I wrote a whole fuckin' column about that!

I read that! I retweeted it and told my legions of followers to read it!!!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

NienNunb posted:

*watching Jericho and MJF do a 10 minute musical number on Dynamite*

"Adam Cole ruined MJF by making him silly"

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

MJF/Omega/Mox have been the only good World Champs

Samoa Joe would’ve been a good one if they clearly didn’t telegraph him as a transitional champion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

NienNunb posted:

I read that! I retweeted it and told my legions of followers to read it!!!

Not good enough! Subscribe to my patreon that I'm too loving lazy to make!