Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Kaysette posted:

now make the codex account-wide

I think they did do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Any word on if that one PTR sorc build with the frozen orbs spawning conjurations which spawned more frozen orbs in an endless loop was still viable? Minion necro sounds ok and i just played a barb last season

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Tonetta posted:

I think they did do this

It definitely was on the PTR

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Any word on if that one PTR sorc build with the frozen orbs spawning conjurations which spawned more frozen orbs in an endless loop was still viable? Minion necro sounds ok and i just played a barb last season

The loop was broken (only orbs you cast can create conjurations) so it went from screen clearing insanity to probably pretty good

Tarnop fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 9, 2024

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

For all the wolf bros, according to Wudijo et al. at Maxroll, there’s apparently a S tier werewolf build this season.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Tier list? I've never even gotten to Paragon boards. I smash things until I am sated, and then fade into the shadows with the rest of the fathers.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Did anyone catch the interview with Raxx? Curious if any new info came out from it

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

George H.W. oval office posted:

Did anyone catch the interview with Raxx? Curious if any new info came out from it

I didn’t but they just posted a new video about the new loot system

https://youtu.be/awvOopWqiHU?si=-G0BDB6w3yKfXy7O

I feel like this video is new lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

id like to get diablo Re:Loaded this weekend but fine ill wait

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Ersatz posted:

For all the wolf bros, according to Wudijo et al. at Maxroll, there’s apparently a S tier werewolf build this season.

Looks like it needs Tempest Roar, but hopefully it ends up being good. Should be easy enough to muddle through WTs 1-3 with whatever and then respec once you hit WT4 / get the unique to drop.

I think it was in season 2 where the return hit aspect (forget the name) was broken for Druids so you could hit a boss, move away, then hit them again to proc the skill and almost instantly kill them. It was a fun build, but it also crashed my PS4 whenever the screen got too busy. Would love to try again on a PS5 now. It was the build that finally let me kill Uber Lilith. Nope, that was Lit Ball Sorc, never did kill Lilith with a Druid.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

George H.W. oval office posted:

I did and it was short so we got a few scraps. Most of it was about development philosophy, long term plans etc and they were pretty vague.

Hard answers / new info:

- Pit 150 is numerically pretty close to Abattoir of Zir level 25)
- they took note of the suggestion to let us summon a boss again without resetting the instance
- they're nervous about expanding the skill tree (at least as it appears to you at the start of the game) because a large proportion of people playing already make terrible decisions even with the limited choice it offers eg putting 5 points in all the basic skills and they don't want to make it easier to create an unplayable character. Doesn't mean they'll never expand it but it's unlikely to get more complex at 1-50

I'm going to watch Rhykker's interview and (lord save me) Darth Microtransactions next, will report back with my findings

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Tarnop posted:

I did and it was short so we got a few scraps. Most of it was about development philosophy, long term plans etc and they were pretty vague.

Hard answers / new info:

- Pit 150 is numerically pretty close to Abattoir of Zir level 25)
- they took note of the suggestion to let us summon a boss again without resetting the instance
- they're nervous about expanding the skill tree (at least as it appears to you at the start of the game) because a large proportion of people playing already make terrible decisions even with the limited choice it offers eg putting 5 points in all the basic skills and they don't want to make it easier to create an unplayable character. Doesn't mean they'll never expand it but it's unlikely to get more complex at 1-50

I'm going to watch Rhykker's interview and (lord save me) Darth Microtransactions next, will report back with my findings

Darth is a nice guy?

lol@dad builds

resummoning bosses would be great

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

victrix posted:

Darth is a nice guy?

I'm sure he is but I do not expect him to keep verbose, rambly people on topic

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Tarnop posted:

I'm sure he is but I do not expect him to keep verbose, rambly people on topic

fair

also quote me on the nice guy when he milkshake ducks

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I watched part of it and the stuff above was said but the main takeaway is that they talked about opportunity cost and then proceeded to reiterate all their points several times over in a relatively short interview

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Tarnop posted:

i think this is easily solvable, torchlight infinite suggests a build that is capable of getting to maps and even has maxroll integration. its optional and helps those who need it. highlights key things you want on your items, skills, etc

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

this is extra funny in the context of Diablo 3 solving this by forcing a skill from each category unless you check a box in options

that guaranteed all dads and more than a few elite gamers didn't run all one skill type

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Even if you are extremely bad at the game, I am still baffled that a large amount of people are running 5/5 on every basic skill. You'd think just random curiosity would cause them to click something outside of the first skill group.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Rhykker interview (new info only):

- They're still considering Set items but they need to agree internally on their place in the game. Absolutely not going to be like the 6-7 piece sets from D3 where they give you a sudden power boost of multiple orders of magnitude
- The runewords system that we saw bits of before release is still coming in some form
- Character rebirth is on the to-do list (a feature in D3 where you reset an Eternal character to level 1, remove their inventory and gear, and move them into the season retaining playtime and other stats)
- They realise that this season is a significant bit of power creep and they hope that introducing endgame activities like The Pit that can scale up to match is a good counterbalance. They're going to be gathering data and listening to feedback to find out if they're on the right path

Joe Piepora is very good at talking for a long time and saying very little that's specific

DM is still prepping for his interview

Cerepol posted:

i think this is easily solvable, torchlight infinite suggests a build that is capable of getting to maps and even has maxroll integration. its optional and helps those who need it. highlights key things you want on your items, skills, etc

That sounds like a solid solution

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Even if you are extremely bad at the game, I am still baffled that a large amount of people are running 5/5 on every basic skill. You'd think just random curiosity would cause them to click something outside of the first skill group.

But those skills cost resources and have cooldowns!

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I have done 10-point basic skill builds for ~reasons~~ but that's wild

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Tarnop posted:

But those skills cost resources and have cooldowns!

there are Destiny 2 players who to this day will only use two primary weapons, whether because they don't like running out of special ammo or because they like having two auto rifles that go pew pew

for anyone who hasn't played it this is exactly like running five builders and no spenders, except it may occur in a timed multiplayer environment with only 3 players present total

perpetualdejavu
Sep 14, 2007

they probably fill every spot in the paragon board before starting a new one too

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

victrix posted:

fair

also quote me on the nice guy when he milkshake ducks

I might be proven wrong here, I'm watching him work on interview questions and he's specifically trying to tighten them up to get shorter answers and get through more questions in his allotted time.

I also watched the end of Raxx's stream and he's already been contacted by Adam Fletcher offering to set up more interviews in future so it sounds like this will be a more regular thing. They're really going hard on trying to be communicative

e: DM interview is 1pm pst tomorrow

Tarnop fucked around with this message at 01:49 on May 10, 2024

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
that's cool and all but do they have a single page where i can go to find all these updates, even if it's just embeds of their YT vids? now i don't just have to go to the bnet forums, bnet news page, bnet patches page, 7 different twitter accounts, and D4 YT page to see what's happening.

i saw on diablo4.dad that there was an entire Mt. Dew cross promotional event i missed that could have been good for a laugh, but it came and went 4 months ago!

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Apparently one of the incoming changes is that flat-damage legendary aspects will now scale with weapon damage. But how will that convert? If an aspect rolled 663 out of a possible 694, will it be better than the same aspect that rolled 1,315 out of 1,445? The former is 95% of the max, while the latter is 91%.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
It's probably just % of your weapon damage like it is in D3.

Or all the other skills in D4.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

In the Raxx interview they said the pit's being buffed so T150 pit will be like AoZ tier 25 in S2, ( so T200 may be virtually impossible), which I like tbh.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

chird posted:

In the Raxx interview they said the pit's being buffed so T150 pit will be like AoZ tier 25 in S2, ( so T200 may be virtually impossible), which I like tbh.
What does this mean for non ~~maximum optimization~~ players though? My very good S2 Barb that could do NMD 95+ pretty regularly without dying couldnt beat AoZ difficulty 1. Part of the problem was that I had so many abilities that not all of my modifiers appeared over my skill bar, so I couldnt time my overpowers because the thing that popped up in that bar to tell me how many weapon swaps I was doing just didnt fit, but part of the problem was that by that point the game was rocket tag and either I one-shot the bosses or died.

Like... what do they mean T150 of the pit is equal to AoZ T25? What level of the pit is equal to AoZ T1?

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

I have not played since launch, are minion necro builds good now?
It now a good time to jump back in? Or is there an upcoming patch I should just wait for?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Minions are probably good now. Tuesday is a good time to start.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Vier posted:

It now a good time to jump back in? Or is there an upcoming patch I should just wait for?
Minions should be good starting after the patch this coming Tuesday, May 14th.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Vier posted:

They are S tier now

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Thanks, is there any sort of new season to wait for?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yes . On Tuesday

chird
Sep 26, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

What does this mean for non ~~maximum optimization~~ players though? My very good S2 Barb that could do NMD 95+ pretty regularly without dying couldnt beat AoZ difficulty 1. Part of the problem was that I had so many abilities that not all of my modifiers appeared over my skill bar, so I couldnt time my overpowers because the thing that popped up in that bar to tell me how many weapon swaps I was doing just didnt fit, but part of the problem was that by that point the game was rocket tag and either I one-shot the bosses or died.

Like... what do they mean T150 of the pit is equal to AoZ T25? What level of the pit is equal to AoZ T1?

They did say most people at 100 will be able to do the first levels of the pit so they can get masterworking mats. But other than the T150=AoZ25, no real specifics.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

chird posted:

They did say most people at 100 will be able to do the first levels of the pit so they can get masterworking mats. But other than the T150=AoZ25, no real specifics.
Got it, cool, thank you!

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
5/5 basic skill players sound like they fill out the paragon boards by clicking every last bubble but not knowing enough to slot glyphs. they're not balancing paragon around that, so why restrict the skill tree?

WoW gives players suggested builds and slotted skill selections with their revamped skill tree, if I'm not mistaken. If that type of player is such a concern, why not implement something similar in D4?

PS - Do you know what game had an entire IN-GAME menu page that gave you suggested builds, plus a search function for gear? diablo immortal.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Figuring the game out on your own is part of the fun .

Imho

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they need a little demon version of clippy to pop up and say "looks like you're trying to make a lightning build, pathetic human"

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

hawowanlawow posted:

they need a little demon version of clippy to pop up and say "looks like you're trying to make a lightning build, pathetic human"
So.... Clippy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

googling "demon clippy" does actually spawn a ton of results