Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Dawn's in Connecticut and Wilbur's in California, so while she's getting ready for the ballet at 7 PM, Wilbur is fully robed up on his couch in the middle of the afternoon.

He's had a long, hard day of shoving random strangers in front of oncoming traffic, cut the man a break

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Oh hello again, childhood fear I used to have about Toilet Rats.

Who Was That Mysterious Carnivorous Immigrant Into The Rabbit Ethnostate?

hey man I'll take your wife out if this is gonna be a problem.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Olive & Popeye

Our Boarding House (July 27-29, 1925; spoiler for an unexpected outbreak of The Usual Reasons. Excruciatingly so.)

Out Our Way: Cowboys Revisited (July 28, 1925)

Toonerville Folks (October 16-18, 1922)

Dok's Dippy Takedown Notice (March 17, 1915)

The Adventures of Marmaduke (March 11-13, 1940)

Something tells me this storyline is about to wrap up. Just call it a hunch.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Professor Wayne posted:

I remember seeing this one the first time it was posted and being very skeeved out by this weirdo googling and casually discussing when her brother's girlfriend is going to seduce him

Something something please cease with the erotic speculation.

Also, looking up a different race's mating process on the internet feels very :biotruths: of Lindesfarne as well.

Of course Korro swipes at the dragonman first. Of loving course.

Selachian posted:

Archie 5/15-17/50

Jughead rules so much. :allears: Get hosed, Archie.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Big Nate

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary :drac:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

lol at the seagull changing to a vulture

Heart of the City

Alley Oop

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

What's the 'chair' difference?

F Minus

Mark Trail

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Why would Spider-Man name his dog after some idiot newspaper photographer?

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Murdstone posted:

higher chair back in the right picture

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
I'd hire him.

Vargo posted:

Wallace the Brave

The Blood Egg Part 2

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Murdstone posted:

The leftmost part of the right seat stops at the table leg in the first picture. In the second picture, it looks like it extends past the table leg.

Or it could be a fill tool error

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Powered Descent posted:

The Family Circus

OH, gently caress MY ARSE, LOOK AT THIS PRECIOUS MESSAGE OF LOVE AND TOLERANCE, FROM THE VERY MOUTHS OF BABES

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Doctor Morgan's indifference about his daughter's actions leading to their dog eating chocolate is irritating me.

Retail

Dinette

Popcom

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Gil Thorp

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Giant Ethicist posted:

We Are Reproducing

lol. I've thankfully not had to use a catheter in my life, but I feel like this is an overreaction of embarrassment.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

:unsmith:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
edit: actually no, too mean.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

me thirty minutes after getting home from work every day

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

davidspackage posted:

lol. I've thankfully not had to use a catheter in my life, but I feel like this is an overreaction of embarrassment.

"Oh no, people will realize I pee regularly!" :gonk:

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

davidspackage posted:

It's a bit odd since she didn't write about having a reaction like that when she had one after giving birth, but from the "I am not a human" thing it feels like she's mostly embarrassed by not having control over her own elimination functions. Which is kind of ableist and not great in its own way, but I can see where she's coming from as someone who seems to put a lot of importance in being a strong, independent woman.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Having a catheter in after surgery was great! I didnt have to get up to pee in the middle of the night!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Giant Ethicist posted:

It's a bit odd since she didn't write about having a reaction like that when she had one after giving birth, but from the "I am not a human" thing it feels like she's mostly embarrassed by not having control over her own elimination functions. Which is kind of ableist and not great in its own way, but I can see where she's coming from as someone who seems to put a lot of importance in being a strong, independent woman.

I didn't really see it as ableist so much as just expressing frustration about the general dehumanization and helplessness of being a patient in a medical setting, where you've lost fairly basic and primal elements of your own autonomy, especially after a procedure where she clearly didn't feel listened to or treated as an adult human being for a lot of the process.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Antivehicular posted:

I didn't really see it as ableist so much as just expressing frustration about the general dehumanization and helplessness of being a patient in a medical setting, where you've lost fairly basic and primal elements of your own autonomy, especially after a procedure where she clearly didn't feel listened to or treated as an adult human being for a lot of the process.

Well, I mean, "having a catheter in makes me [feel] less than human" is something we should probably avoid saying, is all I'm sayin'. I don't really have any reason to think she thinks that "people who can't control their elimination functions are categorically less than human" in any serious way versus, as you say, having a visceral reaction to having that part of her own bodily autonomy taken away from her as the cap on a pretty dehumanizing medical experience, but she states it pretty starkly.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

M by Mads Eriksen
This strip is autobiographically in the sense that it is about Mads Eriksen who makes comic strips. But not in the sense that he tried to resurrect his deceased goldfish and had had to ask Hellboy and the Ghostbusters for help when it got possessed.
In 2012 Eriksen had a mental breakdown caused by the stressful nature of a job where you constantly have to deliver before the deadline. According to himself he stopped drawing entirely and didn't touch a brush or pencil for the next decade. Now he's back and hopefully in a better mental place.

TegneHanne

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way: Cowboys Revisited (July 28, 1925)

:justpost:

Strontium posted:

Dark Side Of The Horse

You fool that's a pencil!

Nell Brinkley(March 14, 1908)

quote:

NO. 6--THE BILLY OF OPAL AND CHANGE, AND THE BETTY OF BROWN

THIS is the Billy who dreams of slashing on a "ten league canvas with hairs from a comet's tail" when he dies! This is the Billy who is a blessed "artest"! Sometimes a degenerate one, sometimes a "reel" one. Sometimes a degener- ate one who makes the clinking coth with the work of his hands; sometimes the real one who slashes the oily colors in a denim blouse, and whose honorable money box has the single-toned rattle of but one, or maybe two, coins in it most times.

It matters not a bit which one he is. Neither one nor the other is fat with bags of the green and gold; and both one and the other has a hushed wonder in his heart for the beauty of line and color, and tree and flower, and mist and sunshine, and faces and bodies; and is reaching endlessly with creative hands for the white fire that is the blinding, bitter-sweet heart of all the beauty in the world.

So this might be the Opal Billy. That would mean the changefulness of him and the exquisite light and shadow that lies in his fancies.

Changeable as the Weather.

Oh, ho! This Billy is like days. He rains and he shines and he glooms and he murks and storms. He works in a rage, like wind and lasting rain, and he lazes and dreams, like a still Autumn day of pale sunshine and the smoke of burning brush.

He laughs for maybe two days and the blue devils hustle him for two more; and then the next he whistles like a very bird in the blue sky and works in a squinting fever all the day!

His hair grows barbarous, he chews his tongue, and his face goes awry with following his brush. He spills and gobs and gets a patchwork face-gay with one green mustache and Prussian blue around the eyes.

If he's the Billy of the degenerates who make the clinking coins with the work of their hands, why, then, this day will be always Sunday, and he will swear when ings-out of Billy. She makes "eatin's" that make you say "ah-h-h-h" when you eat them, like when the the sun crawls down and the light on the wall turns amber and then goes out, and he can't see any more.

And his Betty's patience must be a thing of wonder on that Sunday.

This Opal Billy always delights and is gay in pulling out and tearing up, but he dies the death of a dog when he must put away and clean up his tearings-up and pullings-out.

He likes to cut up and mark on things. He makes little dinky curlycues and crosses and Os on nice, clean, white paper while he waits for his number in the telephone place-a blank place tempts his soul and makes it to sing, and he straightaway makes a "pic" on it.

He hates bills and business and things. He can't add and he gets a fever when he thinks of the letters he owes. He flunked out, from Freshie to Senior, in Math and "Algibbera," and he scowls when he even dreams of circles and angles and why they do what they do.

So he hies him gaily and changefully through the world, and he forgets all the things that have figures in them, while he hunts for the white fire that is the heart of the beauty of the world, so that he might make and create it with his hand.

And when he dies and is done life has been very wonderful to him, without the figures and business and things.

And the stars tell that for the Billy of Opal and change there is the Betty of Brown. She is wholesome and untiring and patient. She flies off on no fits and fevers, She understands, because she is big-hearted.

This Betty Always Serene.

One day is not different from another to her. never whistles and is wondrous gay like a butterfly Betty, and she never weeps and walls and pounds the walls.

She smiles and is unstirred and quite sane always! And she has a wise little place in her head that adds up and divides and figures how to have much "eatin's" and good things, even when the rattle in the money- box is thin.

She buys and sells and does all those things that have figures in them, that are most wonderful and awful to Billy. She puts away the tearings-up and pullings-out of Billy. She makes "eatin's" that make you say "ah-h-h-h" when you eat them, like when the fireworks are going down.

She carries the keys of the place where she and Billy ltve. She can dust and sweep and wipe the dishes.

She is all things that Billy is not. And-oh ho-if she were an Opal Betty, too-they would fight duels and get dyspepsia and live and die and be buried in bills and dust. Oh, ho!

This is technically the last of this specific series, but there will be one more in a similar vein before we move on to different topics.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Call me crazy, but I feel like I always end up making "Daddy Daze" better and "Take it From the Tinkersons" worse

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I think WAR Mom should be given benefit of the doubt until she looks directly out of the panel and says something like "medical science is a sham" or "actually, X are less than people." Or rather:

Antivehicular posted:

I had an inkling of the same thought decades ago when I got stitches for a cut on my finger. Looking at them felt very odd and even thinking of it now I feel the small subconscious comparison to Frankenstein's Monster just for having any non-organic material in my flesh, hah.

WAR Mom is also on painkillers and in the midst of post-surgery rest so lucid thoughts ahoy.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Nobody else gets given benefit of the doubt, why should she :shrug:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Alhazred posted:

M by Mads Eriksen
This strip is autobiographically in the sense that it is about Mads Eriksen who makes comic strips. But not in the sense that he tried to resurrect his deceased goldfish and had had to ask Hellboy and the Ghostbusters for help when it got possessed.
In 2012 Eriksen had a mental breakdown caused by the stressful nature of a job where you constantly have to deliver before the deadline. According to himself he stopped drawing entirely and didn't touch a brush or pencil for the next decade. Now he's back and hopefully in a better mental place.

If you told me those were drawn during the breakdown I'd believe you. I'm afraid to ask what is going on in the second one, hopefully hygienic.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Poil posted:

If you told me those were drawn during the breakdown I'd believe you. I'm afraid to ask what is going on in the second one, hopefully hygienic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3lqq22mf4U

around ~20 seconds in

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Poil posted:

Puppetry of the Penis?

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Mar. 03, 1963)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 5/9/04

Stephen Collins

Brenda Starr 3/8/53

Smokey Stover 6/11/61

Everyday Movies 10/29/37

"Come on, make up your mind. Do I get my rent, or do I let your ex-wife come up and grab you for back alimony?"

I like the cheap fix job on the ladder, but that definitely doesn't look safe.

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 9/5/43

And the triathlon is invented.

Closer Than We Think! 6/11/61

The Soviets did have missile trains, and in the 1980s the US proposed building them to carry the MX missile -- but the USSR went tits up before they could be built.

Selachian fucked around with this message at 13:14 on May 10, 2024

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The missile trains and cool and all, but I'm more worried about giant children.

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
Mother Goose and Grimm

(12/19/2002)

Frank and Ernest

(7/22/1994)

Ziggy

(12/18/1971)

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Alley Oop

Curtis

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

The_Other posted:

Might be of interest to this thread: Axa re-print Kickstarter. 4 more days but it's already reached it's pledge goal.

Someone tell Fantagraphics to run a Kickstarter for Prince Valiant book #6!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Haifisch posted:

Mexikid Stories

Also holy poo poo this is my favorite Mexikid so far. "You're not going to ruin my daughter like you did that Neil Diamond classic" is the funniest line I have read in months.