Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

sb hermit: Send Velek to hunt Aitwars. Maybe enough can be slaughtered to fill up our supplies.

Slaan: Send Velek to hunt Aitwars. Maybe enough can be slaughtered to fill up our supplies.

jkq: Send the hunter for the monsters. It sounds like there's a lot more trouble than just paying off can handle down there.

sb_hermit and Slaan are saying the same thing, someone else's comments were attributed to me, and my actual comment was lost.

edit: updates on previous page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

jkq posted:

sb_hermit and Slaan are saying the same thing, someone else's comments were attributed to me, and my actual comment was lost.

edit: updates on previous page.

Oh my, I don't know what happened there but thank you for pointing it out. I read through it and it didn't register. I've amended it now.

I'm going back over the older updates and I'm noticing small mistakes here and there.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Oh my, I don't know what happened there but thank you for pointing it out. I read through it and it didn't register. I've amended it now.

You're welcome. Happy to help!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
Part of the problem with the previous update was that I had a small window of an undetermined size free yesterday and I tried cramming too much in at once. I do appreciate everyone's help and feedback, especially jkq who has been extremely helpful and vigilant with these things.

NeoRonTheNeuron posted:

I like it seeing other routes and choices. Not sure how to handle it better, but it is a little jarring to follow two plots in the same thread.

I appreciate you for saying this as well as I didn't really think about that aspect of things. I'll definitely not do two updates back to back like that again, I'll at least try to space them out a bit more in future. I probably should have waited until the end of the main playthrough before I started this playthrough.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I like the Mad King updates, no need to apologize for providing more free content

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Part of the problem with the previous update was that I had a small window of an undetermined size free yesterday and I tried cramming too much in at once. I do appreciate everyone's help and feedback, especially jkq who has been extremely helpful and vigilant with these things.

I mainly just look for typos, missing words, and other oddities as I read through the updates. I check to make sure my comments are correct, but I don't normally check if other council members were properly quoted unless something really jumps out at me (like the duplicated comment from last update).

I'll keep doing that as long as it's desired. :hfive:

NeoRonTheNeuron posted:

I like it seeing other routes and choices. Not sure how to handle it better, but it is a little jarring to follow two plots in the same thread.

But also,

GunnerJ posted:

I like the Mad King updates, no need to apologize for providing more free content

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

GunnerJ posted:

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

The next update will realistically be happening on Friday. I've had less free time than I thought that I was going too.

I'm trying to work out how I'm going to proceed with the trial in TMK. We went against Etton, Lena and Noaksey in the main playthrough. It would probably make more sense for a mad king to sacrifice his own advisor.

Malah
May 18, 2015

A competent advisor sacrificing himself because his mad king contrarily refuses to throw someone else under the bus seems rather on theme for the run. Even better that it's completely futile and deprives the king of future competent aid!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

The next update will realistically be happening on Friday. I've had less free time than I thought that I was going too.

I'm trying to work out how I'm going to proceed with the trial in TMK. We went against Etton, Lena and Noaksey in the main playthrough. It would probably make more sense for a mad king to sacrifice his own advisor.

Just n'thing that I am enjoying TMK updates. I hope he's snorting all kinds of Oracle Dust along the way!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (79) Unsheath Your Sword, General

Your Grace. I have tried to help the church with moving the stone from the mountains to the village. Unfortunately we couldn't do it. The horses were too weak to pull the cart. And we couldn't carry them by hand either.

Thank you for letting me know.

I think the pastor is going to visit you about this.

I tried looking everywhere, but no sign of the Rue herbs, Your Grace. I guess it will be best to try another location.

Your Grace, your Hunter has helped me track down the mudbugs in the swamps! He hasn't found their nest, but at least he's managed to slay one of these dolts. He also... you won't believe this... found gold hidden in the swamps! In fact, so much of it, that I wanted to share it with you! Take this piece of gold as a thank you, Your Grace. Ha! I knew the rumours were true! I'm not crazy after all!

What about your son?

Oh, my son... yes.. Ahem! He just came back home, haha! Just appeared, like that! I must be in the gods' favor these days!

Your Grace. The deed is done! The day you have been waiting for is finally upon us! Nothing will compare to my new epic! And it is thanks to you. I will take it, that you want to hear the creation!

Of course. I've waited for this long enough. Let's hear it!

Worry not. It's absolutely worth it. Oh, you're in for a treat! Ekhem!

The moon shines bright,
High up in the sky.
Kupala night is in sight!
Laughter and music will rule this night,
But there's no rest for our tired knight.
Inside the castle wall,
He rests and wait for the night to fall.
There he was, strong, and sweaty.
Back from his quest...
Unsheath your sword, General, let me see it's best!

The metal cold as she, the Witch.
Spread your scrolls, my love, let me see your potions...
The beast master, here he comes,
I hoped you would wait for me, he says.
He pulls his own monster out, up for the trades.
The Royal heads are behind their own solid walls.
But the loud sounds of haggling spread through the castle halls,
Perhaps I can barter myself a good deal, she thought.

As Queen Aurelea makes an appeal...

WOAH! I'm going to have to stop you right there!

Oh, no, no, this is the best part, Your Grace!

This is fantastic. But I don't think I need to hear it all. I got the gist of your poem.

Oh, as you wish, Your grace. I shall spread the poem to the rest of the world! IT IS GOING TO BE GRAND!

Your Grace! I'm so glad I had faith in you. My itching sickness is completely healed! I'm going to tell everyone that you are a King chosen by the gods.

I'm glad I could help.

I feel like my entire body is starting to itch, Audry.

Well, at least we know it just goes away on its own after a while. Perhaps if you touch yourself, it will heal faster?

CEDANI?!

Raaaaargh!

Arrrrrr!

You have really outdone yourself this time around, young lady! A bear? Really?

Isn't he the best?

He is quite something! He's a gorgeous creature... But I can't let you keep him. He's scary!

He's not scary! It's Wojtek! He can help us get Lorsulia back! Father, please let me keep him! He is my best agent to date! He won't do any harm!

Wojtek? That doesn't sound like you, Pumpkin.

I'm done with silly names. I'm all grown up now, so the bear gets a grown up name! I think he likes it!

Raaaaargh!

This surely is not a good idea? Audry?

Bears are friendly, and generally not dangerous if they are used to humans. If he ever becomes dangerous, we can always get rid of him.

See? He's harmless. To us, but not the enemy! I will train him!

How does one get a bear, Pumpkin?

I left food leftovers in the Gardens. One day, he was there!

Food in the Gardens? I wondered why they're always in such a mess lately. Is this how you attract all of these animals, Cedani?

Well, I had to gain their trust somehow!

That's enough, Pumpkin.

What do you say then, Father? I mean, Your Grace! Can Wojtek stay with us?

I need to put some serious thought into this. Go and take Wojtek into the gardens while I speak to Audry about how we should handle this.

Your Grace, I beseech you! Our granary has been destroyed by a mudslide. Please can you give us some assistance?

We may be able to help, but I need to discuss this with my advisor to see if we have the resources available to do so. Please wait in the foyer until I have made a decision.

Council Meeting

Good afternoon! It was a busy day in court today, as you all know. But it's not going to be a busy meeting for us. We currently lack the funds to reinforce the gate this week so that topic is off the table for the foreseeable future. There are only a couple of affairs that we need to discuss today, the first one is an interesting one. Cedani has managed to find herself a new pet. She has attracted a docile bear to the castle which is now following her around like a puppy. It seems tame for now but obviously there are some dangers attached, especially if it decides that it wants to turn wild again. Should we let Cedani keep the bear or is there no way in hell this bear is staying here?

The other issue involves one of our nearby villages, Ula. Their granary has been destroyed by a mudslide and they are asking for help. We can send Stan to help, but that means he will be gone for two weeks. Or we could give them 20 supplies to replace what they've lost. Well, there is one more option and that is to decline helping them in any way. We do have supplies to spare as our siege stockpile is now full. Helping them may mean that they will help us in the upcoming seige if we ask them to.

Map

Alena is currently available this week and Stan may be depending on your choices today.

North-West

Hozno - Hearing: Village on Fire.
Jarocki - Hearing: New Inn for the Village.
Nielki - Hearing: Crop Problems.
Rafka - Hearing: The Butcher.
Ula - Hearing: Itching Sickness.

North-East

Dabie - Hearing: Bolties
Dulki - Hearing: Mud Slide.
Golyna - Hearing: Twisted Back.
Lutel - Hearing: Poverty in the Village.
Truplice - Hearing: Lost Casket

South-West

Brezota - Hearing: Wounded.
Holewa - Hearing: Side Business.
Kresno - Hearing: Gold for Boots.
Krokietka - Hearing: Double Tax.
Totkun - Hearing: Attacked Village.

South-East

Larek - Hearing: Fever in the Village.
Polasek - Hearing - Babushka.
Rue Location (North)
Rue Location (West)
Rynnica - Hearing: Lost Beloved Son.

That is all for now. I'd advise you all to avoid the gardens for now unless you want to come face-to-face with our new friend Wojtek.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Cedani, bear with your father a moment. We'll sort this out and make sure Wotjek becomes a valuable agent of the crown.

Send Stan to help the peasants. I do wish they would stop needing quite as much help.

Send the other agents out questing for supplies to the ritual we now know is dangerous and completely pointless, but good luck talking her out of it.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Ack! Get that filthy bear away from me!

Ugh, let the PEASANTS eat cake. The general has better things to do and weeks old food is of no benefit to me... Us. No benefit to the US.

Hmph, send Stan to Totkun

And

Send the Witch to Rie east

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Slaan posted:

Ack! Get that filthy bear away from me!

Ugh, let the PEASANTS eat cake. The general has better things to do and weeks old food is of no benefit to me... Us. No benefit to the US.

Hmph, send Stan to Totkun

And

Send the Witch to Rie east

The Rue East location has already been explored.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Send West to Witch Rue!

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Keep the bear. I understand it is the preferred option for many women and girls.

Give the villagers some supplies.

Send our agents to recruit troops at the closest places they haven't been yet.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Welcome our new ursine agent to be Cedani's stalwart protector.

Send Stan to assist the village since we know our man is one who can get things done. For cheap.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Well, at least we know it just goes away on its own after a while. Perhaps if you touch yourself, it will heal faster?

Audry, you saucy minx!

I cannot believe his Grace stopped Torlando mid-song! We were about to hear the first ever performance of a masterpiece. Lady Bregor and I will be taking in Torlando's next performance for certain.

Wojtek the ursine agent! Well said, sb hermit. Let Cedani keep the bear. Audry has already advised his Grace that they are mostly friendly creatures and I am inclined to agree.

A mudslide can be a dreadful thing to clean up, and the people need the granary rebuilt posthaste. Send Stan to assist the village of Ula.

Ask Alena to search for the rue in the western location.

Malah
May 18, 2015

A reminder to everyone that this game is 75% off (:fivecbux:) on Steam until the 16th! This update sold me because:

:byobear: BEAR!! :byobear:

Is Cedani some manner of druid? Her talent for acquiring new animal companions is remarkable! Cedani should put her skills to work as the Beastmaster agent! Pity this game doesn't have workshop support.

General Stan should continue your magnanimous campaign of aiding the peasants and then reaping the rewards of generosity later!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Yeah, let's let Cedani keep the bear. At least a bear can take care of itself and not get sat on or turned into a rug.

Let's send supplies to the town and ask Stan and Alena to search for Rue.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Let Cedani keep the bear, we can always use more :airquote: agents :airquote:.

Give supplies to the villagers, we can spare some now that our own stockpile is completed.

Send Stan and Alena to explore the other 2 Rue locations.

------

Your Grace. I have tried to help the church with moving the stone from the mountains to the village. Unfortunately we couldn't do it. The horses were too weak to pull the cart. And we couldn't carry them by hand either.

Is this the first time one of our agents wasn't able to solve the problem?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

jkq posted:

Let Cedani keep the bear, we can always use more :airquote: agents :airquote:.

Give supplies to the villagers, we can spare some now that our own stockpile is completed.

------

Is this the first time one of our agents wasn't able to solve the problem?

I believe that it is. It sounds like it's not over yet though.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

There was the butcher's trash and our beautiful poet as well. It's been rare, but there have been a couple multiple step events.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

The demo for Yes, Your Grace: Snowfall is now out.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1373090/Yes_Your_Grace_Snowfall/

I'm going to give it a try shortly, I'm working on another instalment of the Mad King at the moment.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010
Be advised that they released this demo without making it mouse compliant.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

It's been a couple of days since the last vote so I'm going to close it now.

I didn't finish off the TMK update last night or play the demo as something cropped up. I've finished the TMK update tonight, I would have finished it sooner but I had to create new pictures and gifs to accommodate Lorsulia's wedding dress. While writing the TMK update I also went back and changed a couple of profile pictures. I didn't know at the time that one guest was Lady Lena and another guest was Talys' advisor so I've changed the original pictures to their proper ones. I also believed at the time that Talys' advisor called out "You heard the King! Go, go, go!", but it was the soldier, so that has also been corrected. I've also edited out the faint hint of text in one of the pictures as well.

Bear
*Keep - 7
Let Loose - 1

Ula
*Send Stan - 4
Give Supplies - 3
Decline Help - 1
(Stan: Totkun - 1, Closest - 1, Rue (Any) - 2)

Alena
Closest - 1
Rue (Any) - 3
*Rue (West) - 2

The next update will most likely happen tomorrow. I'll wait a day or two to post the next Mad King update.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

TheDavies posted:

Be advised that they released this demo without making it mouse compliant.

Was not expecting the Nazi Bar Prevention story to come up in one of the first petitions, I guess we'll see the payoff in the full version.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (80) Week Forty-One Summary

Come! Come! There's not much to discuss and a lot of time to discuss it so we should get on with it pronto. Let's begin with the... ahem... bear in the room.

FoolyCharged: Cedani, bear with your father a moment. We'll sort this out and make sure Wotjek becomes a valuable agent of the crown.

Slaan: Ack! Get that filthy bear away from me!

Black Robe: Keep the bear. I understand it is the preferred option for many women and girls.

sb hermit: Welcome our new ursine agent to be Cedani's stalwart protector.

Bregor: Wojtek the ursine agent! Well said, sb hermit. Let Cedani keep the bear. Audry has already advised his Grace that they are mostly friendly creatures and I am inclined to agree.

Malah: Is Cedani some manner of druid? Her talent for acquiring new animal companions is remarkable! Cedani should put her skills to work as the Beastmaster agent

Quackles: Yeah, let's let Cedani keep the bear. At least a bear can take care of itself and not get sat on or turned into a rug.

jkq: Let Cedani keep the bear, we can always use more :airquote: agents :airquote:.

The bear can stay, for now. I'll make sure to keep a couple of extra guards on patrol around the council chambers just in case the bear decides that it doesn't want to be around humans any more. Have you all decided whether we are going to help the villagers of Ula? We may as well discuss what will happen with Stan and Alena as well, just in case they are both going to be free.

jkq: Give supplies to the villagers, we can spare some now that our own stockpile is completed.

Quackles: Let's send supplies to the town and ask Stan and Alena to search for Rue.

Malah: General Stan should continue your magnanimous campaign of aiding the peasants and then reaping the rewards of generosity later!

Bregor: A mudslide can be a dreadful thing to clean up, and the people need the granary rebuilt posthaste. Send Stan to assist the village of Ula.

Ask Alena to search for the rue in the western location.

sh hermit: Send Stan to assist the village since we know our man is one who can get things done. For cheap.

Black Robe: Give the villagers some supplies.

Send our agents to recruit troops at the closest places they haven't been yet.

Slaan: Send West to Witch Rue!

FoolyCharged: Send Stan to help the peasants. I do wish they would stop needing quite as much help.

Send the other agents out questing for supplies to the ritual we now know is dangerous and completely pointless, but good luck talking her out of it.

Stan will go to Ula and Alena will head towards the western Rue site. That is all for this week. Before you go, I spoke to Torlando after his court performance and asked for copies of his poem. I've left some parchments on the table near the door, feel free to take a copy as you leave. Make sure the King doesn't find out that you have this in your possession though as he's very sensitive about the passage involving the Queen. That is all for now. Thank you for your time, we shall meet again next week.

Wojtek can stay. But if something happens, I will get rid of him myself!

You won't have to, I promise! Come with me Wojtek, I will show you around!

Raaaaargh!

I had better talk to Aurelea. As for you, I will send a General. He can help you reorganise.

Thank you, Your Grace.

Darling?

Have you seen Cedani, honey? She came to see me earlier...

I haven't seen her, why?

Oh... Well, don't be mad!

Oh no... What has she done now?

You know what she's like... She has been looking for a new animal friend since Lulie left... I think she overdid it this time, but I didn't have the heart to tell her "no".

Eryk... What is it?

She brought a bear cub into the castle.

What?! Are you out of your mind? This is dangerous! This is not happening...

Hey, hey! Calm down. It's just a cub, he's not dangerous at all.

He might be nice and cute now but wait till he grows up!

We will have guards keep an eye on him. At least until after the battle, then we'll see what happens.

Fine... But if anything goes wrong-

Nothing is going to happen. I promise.

Your Grace.

Arghhhh!!

Arghhhhhhh!

ARRHHHHHH!

I know I let you keep the bear, but you really ought to be very careful. And I am not joking. Anything happens, you run straight to me, you hear me?

Nothing is going to happen!

Cedani...

Yes... Your Grace. I will come straight to you. Father?

Yes?

I have found this book, it's about bears. Can I borrow it?

Of course you can, Pumpkin. Take any book you like.

I will ask Danica to read it to me later!

ARRHHH!

Yes, Father?

Have you seen Wojtek? It's Cedani's new pet.

Yes! He's so cool! I wish I had a pet like that! Where does she even get ideas like this?

I have no clue... I do have a favor to ask you. Please keep an eye on him. And if anything happens, let me know immediately.

What if he eats me alive?

Asalia... I'm not joking. I let her keep the bear, but I'm really worried.

Fine, Father. I'll look after him.

Thank you.

End of Week Forty-One!

Inventory

Archives

Torlando the Wonderful

Cedani

Aurelea

Mud Bugs

Itching Sickness

Mud Slide

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 13, 2024

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I've just watched the intro to YYG: Snowfall. Be warned there's a couple of spoilers in it, although nothing that is too obvious. It seems to be set a year after the events of this game as well so it's not too far into the future.

There is one piece of good news. The demo starts by asking whether you want to (Edit: choose some of the major decisions that you made in) YYG, so the decisions made here will carry on to Snowfall if I decide to LP it.

I've only just started it and there are some big changes already, at least it'll give me an idea of how to approach things.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 13:48 on May 13, 2024

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

It's definitely more involved than YYG and it's going to take a while to get used to all of the new mechanics. I need to put more time into it but my first impressions of things are very mixed.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 22:32 on May 14, 2024

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Before you go, I spoke to Torlando after his court performance and asked for copies of his poem. I've left some parchments on the table near the door, feel free to take a copy as you leave. Make sure the King doesn't find out that you have this in your possession though as he's very sensitive about the passage involving the Queen.

:suspense:

Arghhhh!!

Arghhhhhhh!

ARRHHHHHH!

:3:

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Malah: General Stan should continue your magnanimous campaign of aiding the peasants and then reaping the rewards of generosity later!

There's an extra "[/quote]" after Malah's line.

Arghhhh!!

Arghhhhhhh!

ARRHHHHHH!

:3: :3:

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I still need to get my head around the new mechanics. It didn't help that I jumped into the demo straight after doing work on this LP and I really wasn't prepared for the changes. It also didn't help that I didn't have a whole lot of time to devote to it, I was just expecting to jump in and carry on where we left off. I'm going to sit down with it and give it some proper attention at some point today.

There is one screenshot that I'd love to share now but... spoilers. I will post a link to it as it's only a minor spoiler: https://imgur.com/m2EnVxZ

jkq posted:

There's an extra "
" after Malah's line.

Fixed, thank you.

Edit: lol

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 10:39 on May 14, 2024

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

There is one screenshot that I'd love to share now but... spoilers. I will post a link to it as it's only a minor spoiler: https://imgur.com/m2EnVxZ

" after Malah's line.

Fixed, thank you.

Edit: lol

Yeah, that one was a bit interesting to try and point out. :)

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Yes, Your Grace - The Mad King (04)

No sign of the Radovians at the West post, Your Grace. We did find a hell of a mess though. They left gold and supplies behind. They must have gone away in a hurry.

With the Radovian posts gone, I think we are ready for the wedding, Your Grace.

Your Grace, I'm starting to think that perhaps... you are involved. What am I saying... Why would I say this... Why would you tell someone you know that they know... I better leave... I can leave, right?

Can you please come and meet me at the wall when you get a chance? I wanted to talk to you.

Of course. I will see you there.

Oh, it's you.

You wanted to see me?

I'm sorry I shouted at you, Father. I didn't mean it when I called you stupid. I just wish things were different. I just wish I'd spent the past couple of days being with you, not angry at you.

I know, darling. I know.

I... I love you, Father.

It's going to be all right.

Yes, Father. I know.

Everything is ready! Apart from one last thing... Choosing a dress! I'll let you do the honours.

Ugh... This is obviously not an option. I found it in a chest of my old clothes. It even smells. It won't cost a coin, but what would everyone think?! SOOO.... The puffy one.

I think we will go with this one.

What?! Surely this is a joke? Oh come on darling, this one is not even white! I shouldn't have let you pick the dress.

Ekhem! I'm overwhelmed by the beauty of my... Um, new wif- wife here. I'll enjoy the company, I'm sure. And... um...

Ah, drat it.

Buahaha! I guess the smell of a fine wine is all the youngster needs to fall down!

Get up! You're making a fool out of yourself, boy.

Um, like I said! Company, my wife. Yes. Umm... Here's to that! Forgive me, I-I.. Um. Father said I should make some kind of speech. I wasn't sure what t-to say... I hope I didn't offend you... You look... That's an interesting choice of dress, by the way.

Oh...

You don't want to know what the other option was.

WHAT?! There was another option?!

Luckily it's not an option any more, my darling. We'll discuss this later...

Mhm...

I will be on my way. If you will excuse me...

Talys! About the Radovians...

This seals the deal, Eryk. You get the army, I get full access to the archives.

I wasn't sure if you would honor our bargain, Eryk.

Are you trying to insult me?

Don't take it personally, Eryk. Your archives may prove useful, but I haven't found what I need just yet. I'm just relieved you came through.

I looked for him everywhere! I've stirred up every pot! Even in the kitchen!

Don't worry - we'll find him, Cedani.

This salad looks surprisingly flavorsome! What is it, a Caladese recipe?

Hah! Did you see her dress? She could have worn a rag and you wouldn't have been able to tell the difference!

These snails are extremely undercooked! Tfu!

What snails? That's not part of the menu!

SMUUUUUUUUDGE!

Listen, I think I've wasted... Ahem. I've spent enough time with the guests. I really need to get back to the archives, so if you don't mind, I will take my leave, Eryk.

Talys, ha! Your Grace! Leaving so early? Toast! Toast! Drink at least one more with us!

See?! Perfect timing, Your Grace!

Ehh, will I get some peace after that? To the young couple!

COUGH! COUGH!

Send for the doctor! Well, don't just stand there, idiots!

You heard the King! Go, go, go!

He is not.. Is he?

Father?!

YOUR GRACE!

FATHER?!

I... I... How could you?! Eryk... How could you ever allow for this to happen?!

Eryk, you have accommodated us in your castle, which we are grateful for but this?! This is beyond our beliefs. You have failed as a host, and are responsible for the events of tonight. The King of Atana, Talys, is dead! Ivo, you're Talys' only son. You have no choice but to take the burden of the crown upon yourself. Go ahead, Ivo.

Eryk... I can't believe this. You leave me no choice. As the new King of Atana my first order is to... Withhold the armies that my father promised to you. And I will not be paying for your agents!

Eryk, the King of Davern, you are responsible for Talys' death, unless otherwise can be proven upon a royal trial!

Until then, Davern WILL NOT receive support from Atana. Lorsulia, pack your things. We're taking my father home.

Wait! No! You can't do that!

Your Grace, the wedding is over. The vows were said. The marriage still stands.

Have courage, my darling.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

There's not a whole lot different here. The biggest difference is most probably the dress but that's more background detail than anything else.

Minor differences

• When Lorsulia tells you she loves you, you don't have to reciprocate her sentiments.
  • There are a couple of different lines when Ivo falls down. One of them is to laugh at him.
  • When Talys speaks about honoring the deal, you can be offended or you can play nice.
  • When Talys drinks the poison, you have the option to call for help or to say nothing. If you say nothing, you still call for a doctor.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (81) Oh, The Smell...

I have found the Herb of Grace! The smell was so strong, it was easy to locate. Here it is.

Yellow Rue - Some call it the Herb of Grace. It's meant to help keep evil spirits at bay. Oh, the smell...

I have successfully found the Aitwar in the village, Your Grace. I must report that it turned to nothing but ashes as I made the final blow.

Your Grace. Thank you very much for the help you offered. Sadly, we were unable to move the stones into town. They were simply too heavy. The wheels of the cart kept breaking. Because the path to town is very rocky. And the horses eventually started fainting from the overexertion. We had to stop and leave the stone in the middle of the road... We could move it if we had a better cart, and more horses. Unfortunately, we have already used up all the resources we had. Would there be any way the kingdom could support us in this difficult situation?

Unfortunately, we do not have a lot of resources ourselves. We are preparing for a siege after all. I will speak to my advisor though, maybe we can do something. Please wait in the next room until I have an answer for you.

Your Grace, a little bird told me that Asalia is seeing someone she's not supposed to!

A little bird? Is that another agent?

Birds, spiders, but not ghosts. Ghosts don't exist... I hope. In any case... I felt obliged to inform you, Your Grace. I think this is enough royal work for one day... I will now... make my leave and... play some games!

I don't have a good feeling about this...

Your Grace! My village was plundered by some animals at night. I would have expected wolves, but all the meat was left intact. Just herbs and roots were gone. Some say they have seen something that resembles a hare. Only bigger! Uglier! It seems like a Jaros could be around! No one has the guts to track him. Umm... I would have! But... I'm not stupid! They tend to lure people into the swamps, and they never come back! I have a family, I can't risk leaving them! But perhaps one of your Hunters...

More and more creatures are causing difficulties for our people. I need a few moments to see if we can help you in any way. Wait in the lobby until I've made a decision.

Your Grace, we are preparing for the burning and drowning of Marzanna. To welcome the spring. Our villages, Brunl, Wietrew and Branca hold an annual contest every year for the best Marzanna. Oh! Oh! I know! Perhaps the King himself would like to judge which Marzanna would be the best?

Yes, why not, I can do that.

We will be honored to have you, Your Grace! Anyway... There was something else I came here to ask for. We have had a very bad year... And we were wondering if you could spare us some resources to build the best Marzanna out there?

We may be able to help. I need to speak with Audry to make sure that we have the resources available first. Go to the lobby and we will call you back in when we're ready for you.

Yes, Father?

Asalia! Why is Maya here? She isn't supposed to be in the castle!

I love her, Father!

Oh.

It's true. With her, I feel safe. I feel alive, I feel like I belong somewhere and if I'm not with her, I miss her so much I can't stop thinking about her. I wonder where she is, what she does, what she eats. If this isn't love then I don't know what is! I want to see Maya every day. I want her to come to the castle whenever she wants.

I see...

I can't have her away from me.

Do you want her to live in the castle?

Yes. Well, no. It's fine, I just want her to be able to visit me more often.

You're a princess. You are supposed to marry a prince or a king even. What will people think?

I don't care. I just want to see Maya more often.

This explains why you two have been spending so much time together. What do you have to say, Maya?

Your Grace, I didn't mean to storm in here like this. Asalia promised to me it's fine if I come to the castle. I do feel the same about your daughter, Your Grace. I don't think either of us planned for this to happen. It's just the more time we've spent together, the more we felt for each other. I don't want to cause any problems, Your Grace, but I do wish I could see Asalia more often.

Let me think about this more and I will return with a decision.

Darling?

The Herb of Grace. This stuff smells awful! No wonder no one wants to deal in it!

Yes, this is it, haha!

Family Matters

Audry, I have a dilemma and I need to resolve this before speaking to the Queen. Maya has returned to the castle and Asalia has declared her love for her. Maya has expressed that her feelings are very mutual. As a father, I want to approve of this as I want her to be happy in her life. But as a King, I should disapprove of this as she is a princess and there are responsibilities that come along with it. This is not an easy decision to make, we need those troops but the thought of Varid being anywhere near Asalia gives me the creeps.

Council Meeting

Good afternoon my fine and feathered chums. We still don't have enough gold for the reinforced gate but there's still time to get it done. The King and Alena have done well at collecting ingredients for the ritual so far but there are still some more items we need to procure and these are only available from merchants. This will be a good time to have a reminder of them.

• 2 x Betony Oils (Merchant)
  • Mugwort Oil (Merchant)
  • 2 x Basilisk Eggs (Merchant)

I can imagine that these won't be cheap to obtain so we really need to be careful with our gold reserves. We can always take out a loan, but I've been advised by the bank that they will not accept any debt when the siege begins. They want all repayments made before we go to war again.

There are a few court matters to discuss. The pastor has returned and is now asking for money to help move the stone that had to be abandoned on the way to the village. He is asking for 28 gold pieces, which is the exact amount in our treasury right now. Should we give the pastor 28 gold or should we decline to help any further? Our approval ratings are at an all-time high but our funds are stretched to their limit at the moment. If we accept this request then I'd highly recommend taking out a loan next week.

This is a new week and it appears that another creature is causing problems for our people. A Jaros has invaded the village of Starodolina and it's eating their supplies of herbs and roots. The villagers dare not track it down as it's known to lead people into danger. We can send Velek to hunt it, we can compensate them with 23 supplies or we can just give them some free advice. There is a good chance that these people will us in the siege if we help them with this problem. We do have the supplies to spare

The King has been asked to judge this years Marzanna contest. The only issue is, the peasant has told us that they've had bad luck with their crops this year and have asked us to give them some supplies. We do have the supplies to help these people as well as they're asking for 20 supplies.

Map

Alena is currently available this week and Velek may be as well, depending on your choices today.

North-West

Hozno - Hearing: Village on Fire.
Jarocki - Hearing: New Inn for the Village.
Nielki - Hearing: Crop Problems.
Rafka - Hearing: The Butcher.
Ula - Hearing: Itching Sickness.

North-East

Dabie - Hearing: Bolties
Dulki - Hearing: Mud Slide.
Lutel - Hearing: Poverty in the Village.
Starodolina - Hearing: Jaros in the Village.
Truplice - Hearing: Lost Casket.

South-West

Brezota - Hearing: Wounded.
Holewa - Hearing: Side Business.
Kresno - Hearing: Gold for Boots.
Krokietka - Hearing: Double Tax.
Totkun - Hearing: Attacked Village.

South-East

Golyna - Hearing: Twisted Back.
Larek - Hearing: Fever in the Village.
Polasek - Hearing - Babushka.
Rynnica - Hearing: Lost Beloved Son.

That is all for now. Let us stretch our legs and enjoy a beverage or refreshment of your choosing.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 11:31 on May 15, 2024

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I may have been hasty leaving a comment on the Steam forums before I gave things a chance. A developer responded and I feel a little bad for posting my initial response to my first experience. I played around with the demo some more last night and the new system is different but it works in its own way. The tutorial does need more work put into it as some of the mechanics aren't explained and the UI could do with some tweaking as well, other than that it looks great and there's going to be a lot more depth to it in many ways.

The only thing that's going to make things difficult in making it an audience participation LP is that the sprites of the peasants are randomised which is going to be a nightmare for continuity. I usually have to replay each week once or twice and if the peasants are going to keep changing every time that I do it then it's going to be chaos.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I don't see why Varid has to know of your decision. A betrothal is not a marriage and the siege is close enough that he doesn't need to find out until afterwards. Let the least-insane of your daughters be happy. Approve... but quietly.

Decline the pastor, we just can't spare the gold. Which we need for castle reinforcements, I might add, not snake oil for a ritual I wish to reiterate I objected to.

Send Velek to hunt the... giant swamp hare? Really? Sure.

Send Alena to recruit troops anywhere we haven't already been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Give the pastor the gold, and let's send for the banker to take out a new loan.

Send Velek to hunt the Jaros.

Give the village the supplies, and let's all enjoy the upcoming Marzanna contest.

Send Alena to Ula, but first, let her know that the King won't be touching curing her if she comes back with an itch.

------

Approve of Maya. Lorsulia was sent off to an arranged marriage, and look how that turned out!

Asalia! Why is Mayah here? She isn't supposed to be in the castle!

This should be "Maya"?