Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Drakkel posted:

That'll literally never happen no matter how good or bad AEW is doing. They could be running 10,000 seat packed stadiums twice a week and there'd still be people saying they're doomed because they're not doing comparable ratings to WCW from 30 years ago.

Personally I'm incredibly doomer about AEW's future cause I just have no faith in Warner Bros Discovery to not ruin everything it touches, plus the extreme hostility the wrestling audience has to anything that isn't WWE when WWE is on a hot streak, plus TK's general inability to not make an embarrassment of himself and everyone who watches his show on a weekly basis.

Dave is right when he said that this year will prove if Tony was right or his haters were right. And it comes down to a decision made by WBD. Is there any major entertainment corporation that isn't a complete shitshow right now?

After his week at Xbox I wouldn't be surprised if Zaslov follows their lead and outright cancels AEW and then the next day puts out a statement on how much they need programming like AEW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Drakkel posted:

and everyone who watches his show on a weekly basis.

skill issue

It's actually very easy not to get embarrassed about things that don't actually affect you

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I think AEW will never die because it doesn't take one billion dollars to keep a wrestling company running forever and Tony Khan will never give up his action figures. I mean someday he'll die also but he's younger and healthier than I am so I will die at least a decade before him so I'll have AEW for my entire life which is all that matters.

Edit: If you find TK's tweets and comments embarrass, then lol. WWE management is 5,000 harvey winestains, forever. Tony was right and also hook deserved a title shot more than jinder (in kayfabe).

If zazlav decides to be dumb someone else will pick up AEW. They'll be fine, I'm not at all worried about them dying. It's a completely dumb argument and I'll toxx $100 to one of those charities that help sex abuse victims, AEW will continue to exist for 20 years.

I think a hell thread should talk about dumb things that AEW does, like completely ruining ROH as a separate brand when they didn't have to. Or making Mone do terrible face promos. Or whatever. They'll exist and continue to be a better show than WWE but with plenty of dumb things to make fun of because it's wrestling and wrestling at it's absolute best is republicans with 19%-35% body fat pretending to fight. By its very nature there is a lot to make fun of.

Hellblazer187 fucked around with this message at 03:34 on May 10, 2024

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Can't look at myself in the mirror after the last Tony tweet

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
TK has been embarassing exactly one time and that was the Undertaker and Cena tweet. Every other time he's been harmless or extremely based.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

I disliked mjf before it was cool

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

1glitch0 posted:

Dave is right when he said that this year will prove if Tony was right or his haters were right. And it comes down to a decision made by WBD. Is there any major entertainment corporation that isn't a complete shitshow right now?

After his week at Xbox I wouldn't be surprised if Zaslov follows their lead and outright cancels AEW and then the next day puts out a statement on how much they need programming like AEW.

Zaslav isn't as stupid as Phil Spencer

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MorningMoon posted:

Zaslav isn't as stupid as Phil Spencer

Phil Spencer hasn't like, vaulted Skyrim for tax purposes or some poo poo, tho.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Death to the people that killed the Hi Fi Rush studio.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Hi everyone I think I had low blood sugar when I made that post. I've since had palak paneer and feel a lot better.

In substance I'm not taking back anything I said, but when you read the post just interpret it in a less annoying way than it's written.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

JUNGLE BOY posted:

ted turner is watching the jetsons inside his head right now

Jealous

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

no one wants to admit that vince was, once again, right about someone and that adam cole is a tiny little manlet who should only be used to put over real talents, like keith lee and karrion kross

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

he's right !!!!

nexas
Sep 4, 2009

nope

MJeff posted:

Death to the people that killed the Hi Fi Rush studio.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

post hole digger posted:

We’re all going to die Shard

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tony’s posting is embarrassing not because of the content of what he’s saying, Tony’s posting is embarrassing because he’s bad at it. He needs a PR guy who is good at shittalking take over for him, like Samoa Joe.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he should let me have his twitter

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Tony seems like the kind of guy that gets excited about high Metacritic scores for video games that have nobody in the multiplayer server.

Or rotten tomatoes scores to movies that have a low box office.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

sounds like he would also like james bond and the entirety of the 1974 Saturday morning cartoon block

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

C. Everett Koop posted:

no one wants to admit that vince was, once again, right about someone and that adam cole is a tiny little manlet who should only be used to put over real talents, like keith lee and karrion kross

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Obvious bait, even Vince knew Darrion Dross sucks.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Probably the coke. drat I miss it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
tony do anything funny lately

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

711,000 , 0.24

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rubby:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

killing aew won't bring back your goddamn impact wrestling!!!!!!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ratings like these matter less when you’re consistently selling out houses the way AEW surely is

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

killing aew won't bring back your goddamn impact wrestling!!!!!!

noooo not the young bucks!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

harsh, but fair.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Ratings like these matter less when you’re consistently selling out houses the way AEW surely is

now to take a big swig of Woo! Energy drink and look at the ticket sales for Collision...

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Sad that chucky t is apparently dead as he’s one of my favorite guys and best friends maybe my favorite ever tag. It’s a bummer for me cause I thought they should have gotten tag or trios run and they would have if one of this threads earliest projects hadn’t succeeded, to give scissors and billy rear end the big one. And I hate you guys for that I can’t even really look at you

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Of course ratings are going to be bad this week, it's going up against the UFC or WWE or NBA or MLB or NHL or NFL or Survivor or Big Brother or 90 Day Fiancee or Vanderpump Rules or The News, or a repeat of Chopped. Once everything else on tv goes away it's straight to the loving moon, baby!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

This guy has a placeholder probe for repeated "don't be a shitstirring rear end in a top hat" rule violations? Ya don't say.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No snitching

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You can't snitch on feds because they don't count as human.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
If you find yourself getting mad at 16bb whose entire gimmick is “posts innocuous things that make crazy people angry”, idk man talk to your doctor

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

MJeff don't become your avatar man it's chill. most people are chill, right here, in The Hammer House: Stinger Splash Zone 👍 [big pop]

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

is my man backseat modding from loving disneyland.....

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TheSwizzler posted:

If you find yourself getting mad at 16bb whose entire gimmick is “posts innocuous things that make crazy people angry”, idk man talk to your doctor

My doctor told me if I make fun of one more dumbass, I'll loving die but I just. Can't. Stop!!!!!!!!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
aw hell, aew hell

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'd like more than 2 matches announced for Collision please Tony. I think it'll be a fun show live but announce some more so I can get hyped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'd like more than 2 matches announced for Collision please Tony. I think it'll be a fun show live but announce some more so I can get hyped

This is by far the most annoying poo poo about AEW right now. Announce poo poo I'm advance, dumbasses!