Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
but does it work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Unknown, the hard drive was dead (the listing did say this) and I don't have a Dualshock 4 (also said by the listing) to run the restore on the SSD I put in there. It does start up and get to the "Connect a Dualshock 4" screen though so I'm assuming it will be fine once it's all cleaned up.

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.

:siren:thunderdome winner:siren:

Two and a half pounds of raw, skirted Gotland wool

Two pounds of raw, skirted Lincoln wool

A cute basket and six skeins of yarn in the Maryland Blue Crab colorway

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
what good sheeps

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Got my LUAG in today and I am absolutely loving it.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I Yolo purchased this +a new monitor

Branch Nvidian posted:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor ($349.82 @ MemoryC)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler ($33.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B650 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard ($169.99 @ MSI)
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Create Expert 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory ($97.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Acer Predator GM7000 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($134.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus DUAL OC GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER 12 GB Video Card ($609.99 @ ASUS)
Case: Fractal Design Pop Air ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.97 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RM750x (2021) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1586.64
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-05-02 11:05 EDT-0400

If you go to Micro Center you can get this CPU/Mobo/RAM bundle for $500 and save about $118 off that parts list: https://www.microcenter.com/product...er-build-bundle

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I bought one of these 8TB hard drives to tide me over until I get a new PC. my hard drive is both old and also only two terabytes, which for everything I've built up over the years from photos to videos to comics to games, it just doesn't hold enough. so it's nice to increase that storage by a factor of five, and it somehow got to me within 4 hours of ordering it.

I also picked up some more Nendoroids, including a hilarious attack on titan one that includes a teeny tiny version of the titan that eats Eren's Mom, as well as a 10mm tall Eren's Mom for it to eat.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
That Toriel is illegal levels of adorable

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I would buy a full size Bubba nendo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

That Toriel is illegal levels of adorable
it's very nicely done despite being basically a brick due to being a completely robed body. she does come with multiple faceplates and arms though.

IGN has a bunch of the Undertale nendoroids on sale right now, Undyne's 30, Sans is 41, and Papyrus is 36, quite a bit less than they usually are if you're after any of them. Toriel and The Human are much harder to get since they're both not currently being sold(but might get reissued like Sans is)

njsykora posted:

I would buy a full size Bubba nendo.
I really hope the Amelia Watson figma comes with an at least slightly articulated Bubba.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Chernobyl Princess posted:

Two and a half pounds of raw, skirted Gotland wool

Two pounds of raw, skirted Lincoln wool

A cute basket and six skeins of yarn in the Maryland Blue Crab colorway

Goddamn it, this is how I find out I’m out of town for the sheep and wool festival. Nice haul!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

About $75 worth of cheese ( and a couple random seasonings) for under $20. A local Wine and Cheese shop closed very suddenly, and then a couple weeks later an auction house ran closeout deals on the remaining stock.

I went on the last day when all non-alcohol was 75% off. Certainly not a lot left, but the big piece was a fancy, cloth bound cheddar that itself would have been over $25 before the discount.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
god drat you lucky devil

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Paid a few hundred American dollarydoos for another car.

2006 Infiniti G35 6-speed coupe. One owner southern car (no rust), was sold with a potential head gasket failure but the 90 miles we’ve racked up on it this weekend seem to disagree.

My adult child plans to sell his aging Volvo wagon and use it as his daily driver.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I guess this is a sequel to the Sierra On-Line games by Jim Walls?

e: Oh neat it supports 2 MHz speed on a C=128 (one of which I happen to have).

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012
Ordered a MiniVelo! It should arrive here in the U.S. next week.

TheHouseofM has a new favorite as of 17:21 on May 8, 2024

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

New tea-haul just in time for the weekend. Gonna get so serene.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

drat, that's fine looking tea.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
If it was haunted it would be a boolong.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Aramek posted:

If it was haunted it would be a boolong.

If it was Italian it would be a gabagoolong

big mean giraffe has a new favorite as of 18:50 on May 10, 2024

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

spookygonk posted:

drat, that's fine looking tea.

Oh yeah. I haven't tried Pu-erh yet so I'm looking forward to it.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Pondex posted:

Puerh is great. Very earthy but not bitter at all, even when brewed too long/too strong. The smell of the tea leaves after brewing is great too.

My favorite part of my china trip was drinking tea all the time and bringing home a tea table/a nice tea pot. One of the rich guys we met had a giant tea table carved out of a log, with stump stools. Another had a 90yr old tea pot that had been in continuous use.

Also you can brew a bunch of batches from one portion of leaves and the first batch has most of the caffeine in it, so you can avoid a significant portion of it if you want. Very economical too, the local Chinese grocery stores here in Brooklyn have the pound sized pucks for ~$10, which is an absurd amount of tea.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Slimy Hog posted:

I Yolo purchased this +a new monitor

I have been considering buying a new PC now that I live near a Micro Center and I think I am about to join you because that looks perfect.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Pondex posted:

Pu-erh owns. Just know going in that, for the ones that I've tried, pour boiling water over it wait like 15-30 seconds and then dump it out and then re-steep the full amount of time.

It stinks like the docks but tastes so great, different from every other tea form.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Paid a few hundred American dollarydoos for another car.

2006 Infiniti G35 6-speed coupe. One owner southern car (no rust), was sold with a potential head gasket failure but the 90 miles we’ve racked up on it this weekend seem to disagree.

My adult child plans to sell his aging Volvo wagon and use it as his daily driver.

The G35 is the 350z in a fancy coat, right? Nice one

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Vim Fuego posted:

The G35 is the 350z in a fancy coat, right? Nice one

In a basic sense, yeah. But it has some differences - back seat, regular trunk instead of hatchback, an interior that isn’t total garbage.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

DrBouvenstein posted:

About $75 worth of cheese ( and a couple random seasonings) for under $20. A local Wine and Cheese shop closed very suddenly, and then a couple weeks later an auction house ran closeout deals on the remaining stock.

I went on the last day when all non-alcohol was 75% off. Certainly not a lot left, but the big piece was a fancy, cloth bound cheddar that itself would have been over $25 before the discount.

Captain Invictus posted:

god EDAM you lucky devil

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
More musical instruments

Bently branded mandolin to mach the Les Paul copy, also made by Samick. Needs strings and a new nut

Another Harmony Strat copy because the price was too cheap.

Vista Strat copy, again because it was too cheap. Like the above, made by Samick in Korea.

Stuntman branded min-copy of a Charvel Star. 19"scale, where the Start copies above are 25.5". Sold as a kids/travel guitar, but they were kind of a specialty item when new. It's a hell of a lot of fun to play, but I'm hoping to flip this one to pay for a couple things I have my eye on.

And then this small sculpture of a little girl holding a lamb because it seems to creep out everyone who sees it.

I don't know why...

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
New phone case!

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

widefault posted:

And then this small sculpture of a little girl holding a lamb because it seems to creep out everyone who sees it.

I don't know why...

The SCP almost writes itself.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

There was an Aboriginal artist who does intaglio prints of cave art at the markets this morning. Had to get one. Just finished framing it.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
The Great Buttlenko

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

POOP POOP!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I've discovered something great and terrible while at the local church's rummage sale.

amidst the various stuffed animals, board games, hot wheels and knackered barbie dolls in the toy section, were these teeny tiny little pringles cans and other items. quarter for scale:

they're incredibly detailed and well made for something so tiny, with legible font that requires a magnifying glass to even see. it's kind of wild. and they're all officially licensed! what neat little things!

uh oh

oh this could so very easily be a problem

I went and found that there's a bunch of different series of these blind boxes on amazon, and grabbed a smattering of them. they're perfectly sized for Hyperion to enjoy

apparently this is some huge collectible thing that I've never seen before. there's thousands of the little things(not my photos)

while I really like the tiny little random products, in a single pack you get five little things that are each individually wrapped in a pouch, which is in a plastic ball, which is in two layers of shrinkwrap, which is in a plastic cylinder. it's literally that Futurama scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnKPqClmTNg&hd=1

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 22:01 on May 18, 2024

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I've remembered how good chicharrones are , so not only have I purchased bags and bags but I've also purchased some added weight and probably heart disease

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Slimy Hog posted:

I've remembered how good chicharrones are , so not only have I purchased bags and bags but I've also purchased some added weight and probably heart disease

Having just had open heart surgery, do not recommend.

TastyShrimpPlatter
Dec 18, 2006

It's me, I'm the

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

I pre-ordered a ridiculous coffeemaker.

Decided to gamble on the Fellow Aiden to possibly help speed along my mornings.

Do I need it? No.
Do I hate the name? Yes.
Is it a brand-new unproven product? Yes.
Are there even any reviews out? Not really.
Do I love coffee and hate money? Oh my yes.

Argyle has a new favorite as of 01:53 on May 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Argyle posted:

I pre-ordered a ridiculous coffeemaker.

Decided to gamble on the Fellow Aiden to possibly help speed along my mornings.

Do I need it? No.
Do I hate the name? Yes.
Is it a brand-new unproven product? Yes.
Are there even any reviews out? Not really.
Do I love coffee and hate money? Oh my yes.

Huh, maybe I found my brother-in-law’s birthday gift. Thank you!