Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I miss fast Excalibur card rundowns :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'd like more than 2 matches announced for Collision please Tony. I think it'll be a fun show live but announce some more so I can get hyped

I stayed in chinatown for a few days while visiting vancouver a couple years ago and it kicks rear end that the arena is right there. it may be on griffiths way.. but its the crowd thats gonna go berserk!!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

This is by far the most annoying poo poo about AEW right now. Announce poo poo I'm advance, dumbasses!

I get wanting to hold some matches back for the day off to get some last minute hype/walk up ticket sales but probably should only be like 1-2 matches. Rest of the card should be announced a week out with 1-2 matches a couple weeks/month out to sell tickets locally. It's still the weakest part of AEW right now

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'd also like more things advertised in advance but I understand that Tony wants to make sure a match is going to happen before he announces it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's annoying as gently caress because during the Wednesday Night War, AEW would have stuff lined up for weeks at a time as opposed to NXT, which often you knew nothing on the card. How did this poo poo get reversed?!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

It's annoying as gently caress because during the Wednesday Night War, AEW would have stuff lined up for weeks at a time as opposed to NXT, which often you knew nothing on the card. How did this poo poo get reversed?!

I wish they would ask good questions like this at the scrum instead of whatever tripe they usually blather.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That DICK! posted:

is my man backseat modding from loving disneyland.....

Lmfao

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That DICK! posted:

happiest place on earth? Not on MJeff's watch

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

That DICK! posted:

Posting never takes a vacation, son.

(I don't have games on my phone and these lines are long as gently caress)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MJeff posted:

Posting never takes a vacation, son.

(I don't have games on my phone and these lines are long as gently caress)

Some of my most treasured vacation memories are sitting in front of Lake Champlain, toes in the water, sipping a beer, writing the phrase “Dork Odor”.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Black Bart McBeardy: YARR ME HEARTIES! I BE LOOKIN' FER A FINE CREW TO HELP ME FIND THE TREASURE OF DAVY JONES! I'S BE TELLIN' YE THE TALE...

mjeff: [arms folded] here we go. another 20 minute promo

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

absolutely anhedonic as the coaster’s cresting because of the poo poo posts in the wrestle fed hell thread

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That DICK! posted:

Black Bart McBeardy: YARR ME HEARTIES! I BE LOOKIN' FER A FINE CREW TO HELP ME FIND THE TREASURE OF DAVY JONES! I'S BE TELLIN' YE THE TALE...

lol

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

That DICK! posted:

lmao

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Six Flags gets right to the action, but these Disney guys, they gotta TELL THEIR STORIES 🙄

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

That DICK! posted:

hahaha

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Gastons just another gassed up stiff who can’t work

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MJeff posted:

Six Flags gets right to the action, but these Disney guys, they gotta TELL THEIR STORIES 🙄

Sometimes six flags tries to split the difference and have a tv nearby playing looney tunes, but it's not the same

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TheSwizzler posted:

Gastons just another gassed up stiff who can’t work

People shittalked Gaston because they think him being a big guy who can talk means his work must suck but he had a 4.25 match with the Beast. The man has an Oscar nomination for God's sake, he's not Bluto.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wait Bluto is Popeye.

Who's that big guy that's always loving with Mickey.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MJeff posted:

Feel like the WDW:WWE/Six Flags:AEW analogy has legs, this can be fleshed out.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

MJeff posted:

Wait Bluto is Popeye.

Peg-leg Pete

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

That DICK! posted:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MJeff posted:

Tony had to start a new notebook :(

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

That DICK! posted:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

Wait Bluto is Popeye.

Pete. But he can do more nuanced roles, like as the neighbor and "friend" of goofy on goof troop.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Add me to the list of people annoyed that we don't run down the cards anymore. I would be okay with not a full week's notice but a one-show notice, i.e. Dynamite runs the full rampage and Collision card and Collision runs the full Dynamite card, plus a headliner match or two a week in advance.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

NienNunb posted:

What promotion is the one that's actuly good (Universal Orlando)

Lmfao

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

NienNunb posted:

The sad decline of AEW is quite similar to Universal just degrading into cart rides with a screen next to them. A boring train bobs up and down as MJF kangaroo kicks you in 3D.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

Add me to the list of people annoyed that we don't run down the cards anymore. I would be okay with not a full week's notice but a one-show notice, i.e. Dynamite runs the full rampage and Collision card and Collision runs the full Dynamite card, plus a headliner match or two a week in advance.

Like I'd be okay with leaving 1-2 matches to announce day off cause hey, it can build last minute hype and get tickets plus the nature of TV wrestling means it's nice to have something you can do the day off. But not 2/3rds of the card

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Some of my most treasured vacation memories are sitting in front of Lake Champlain, toes in the water, sipping a beer, writing the phrase “Dork Odor”.

i was at a wedding when news that fat phil had been fired dropped and i spent like 90% of the day on the periphery of the grounds, hunched over, hooting, hollering and posting

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MJeff posted:

What promotion is the one that's actuly good (Universal Orlando)

The one me and you are going to start and co-book.

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

That DICK! posted:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Tato posted:

The sad decline of AEW is quite similar to Universal just degrading into cart rides with a screen next to them. A boring train bobs up and down as MJF kangaroo kicks you in 3D.

They added Velocicoaster just three years ago and Epic Universe will have some sick coasters this is undeserved slander.

King Kong is loving awful though yeah

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That DICK! posted:

i was at a wedding when news that fat phil had been fired dropped and i spent like 90% of the day on the periphery of the grounds, hunched over, hooting, hollering and posting

post brawl out and post all in were like the best posting this forums has ever seen.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

That DICK! posted:

that was an all-time posting day, the wrestling version of trump getting covid. im sure everyone would understand.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
Still very much like AEW. Disappointed in the DoN card but I'm already in Vegas for the Sphere so I might as well. But thinking about how we got from loving to liking AEW, the real downturn started when Tony started running ROH in tandem with AEW. It's just way too much for one man to handle. Add on another two hour show and losing guys to injury/brawls and he feels like he is just winging it lately. But it's kind of hard to gently caress up with all this talent when all you have to do is have them go out and wrestle. Plus it's not like wrestling doesn't ebb and flow naturally.

The WBD/NBA stuff is really giving me pause though. Zaslav is a loving moron and cable is obviously dying. I feel like AEW is gonna come out fine but there is that 5-10% chance poo poo goes south that I can't deny. If they have to spend 3 billion on C level NBA games where does that leave us.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I didn’t like those days 😔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

MJeff posted:

They added Velocicoaster just three years ago and Epic Universe will have some sick coasters this is undeserved slander.

King Kong is loving awful though yeah

Glad things are getting better, I’m holding out on Super Nintendo World before I go back. King Kong is a criminal offense but we always have Spider Man.