Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The Alchemist posted:

Imagine holocaust but everyone just shrugged like "well Germany is an ally and we do have investments there so..."

so a good chunk of the american ruling class up 1941?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Alchemist posted:

Imagine holocaust but everyone just shrugged like "well Germany is an ally and we do have investments there so..."

To be fair, this is actually what really happened. I know the history books portray WWII as stopping evil, but the truth is the world knew the holocaust was happening for years prior and didn't care. Our war against Germany was to stop their rapid expansion across the world, they got in the way of the other powerful colonizers.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
But did Frank Roosevelt continuously give speeches how "United States is supporting Nazi Germany's Final Solution, because HamasThe jewish bolsheviks need to be stopped?"

...Im not that surprised if he actually did

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Belgian union interrupted the Eurovision broadcast.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

SplitSoul posted:

Belgian union interrupted the Eurovision broadcast.

not a real language

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
There is no joostice in Eurovision

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Al! posted:

not a real language

neither is english

quote:

this is a union action

we condemn the violations of human rights by the state of israel
in addition the state of israel is destroying press freedom

because of this we momentarily interrupt the broadcast.

#ceasefirenow
#stopgenocide

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

double nine posted:

neither is english

no arguments there. cool that its labeled a Union action

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

The Alchemist posted:

yeah, just imagine thgat. haha. would be crazy

The Alchemist posted:

But did Frank Roosevelt continuously give speeches how "United States is supporting Nazi Germany's Final Solution, because HamasThe jewish bolsheviks need to be stopped?"

...Im not that surprised if he actually did

future secretary of state john foster dulles, brother of cia director allen dulles, would throw hitler parties

Zodium has issued a correction as of 17:20 on May 10, 2024

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

I said come in! posted:

To be fair, this is actually what really happened. I know the history books portray WWII as stopping evil, but the truth is the world knew the holocaust was happening for years prior and didn't care. Our war against Germany was to stop their rapid expansion across the world, they got in the way of the other powerful colonizers.

america saw an opportunity to rule the world and took it

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Strep Vote posted:

"defend our way of life" is the biggest fash alarm lol

thank you Helldiver Clinton

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

This is just a live interpretive performance of the Eric Andre meme.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Zodium posted:

future secretary of state john foster dulles, brother of cia director allen dulles, would throw hitler parties

are these hitler themed parties, or parties for hitler?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Zodium posted:

he would post in the hitler thread if he was alive today. and we would welcome it.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

"you are literally shredding the un charter with your own hands"

- literally shreds the un charter with his own hands

lmao

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bel Shazar posted:

yes

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I hope that Palestinian children will one day experience a life without fear or conflict.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

The Alchemist posted:

Oh 100%, didnt Ford motors provide them vehicles even after they were at war with the U.S.?

ford was paid compensation for ford-owned factories damaged in bombing raids

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

keep punching joe posted:

I hope that Palestinian children will one day experience a life without fear or conflict.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

epic

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Zodium posted:

Didn’t he ry when FDR forced him to stop signing letters with Heil Hitler?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Bel Shazar posted:

parties celebrating hitler

MonsieurChoc posted:

Didn’t he ry when FDR forced him to stop signing letters with Heil Hitler?

can't remember what exactly it was, but something like that yeah

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

ikanreed posted:

That isn't real. That's a Star Wars Sith origin story with the names changed. There's no way that's real.

nah its true

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Crazypoops posted:

Tie me to a wasps nest and fire me at telaviv

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024
lmao https://twitter.com/PantiBliss/status/1788714159225344340

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Mama Mia!

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Eurovision has been pathetic political propaganda a long time. Ukraine won just a year or two ago just because of the war.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
*waves of boos in the audience, rotten tomatos thrown at the stage and fires burn in the streets as people protest against Israel*

Aaaand looks like its a landslide win for Israel!! Give them a big hand! Haha yes

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Israel being in Eurovision itself being propaganda.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

The Alchemist posted:

*waves of boos in the audience, rotten tomatos thrown at the stage and fires burn in the streets as people protest against Israel*

Aaaand looks like its a landslide win for Israel!! Give them a big hand! Haha yes

They're saying "bigfoot is real!"

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Eurovision hah more like a VISION of EUROS

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

The Alchemist posted:

there’s no audience because the major bridge between Malmo and Copenhagen is being blockaded by protesters (ie where lots of ticket holders are staying) so the stadium was less than half full when it started yesterday lol

they’re drafting in lots of police from norway and around denmark so maybe they’ll go all UCLA to open up the bridge tomorrow

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Question on the UN vote, along with Spain's acknowledgement

Exactly what is "Palestinian statehood" in both situations?
Are they defining actual physical borders or just the abstract concept that the statehood exists?

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Digital Jedi posted:

Question on the UN vote, along with Spain's acknowledgement

Exactly what is "Palestinian statehood" in both situations?
Are they defining actual physical borders or just the abstract concept that the statehood exists?

Abstract. For instance, Kosovo was recognised as a state before it ever had borders or the powers to enforce them.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

at least they have a state for official documents unlike germany which just says israel or stateless

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1788613709998457187

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

If that were actually true I might consider voting for president again. Sadly...

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
These are the countries that voted AGAINST Palestinian statehood today:

Argentina
Czechia
Hungary
Israel
Micronesia
Naura
Palau
Papua New Guinea
United States

Also 25 nations abstained from voting but I don't see a full breakdown, who are these absolute loving useless piece of poo poo coward nations that can't just admit that they love or do not love genocide? Is it just most of Europe?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

punishedkissinger posted:

they're like one step away from going full Gallagher at that podium

Smashing a watermelon would be very aptly symbolic, too!

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

L from hungary, I guess orban wants to placate the US this way, while seeking closer ties to china economically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Whoever said Nauru is a homophone for an Australian person saying "oh no", that lives in my head