Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its prolly unironically the best part of the end and the death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Dorn retaliating by just listing every single time in human history that ethics or law has been applied to warfare to cut Khorne off at the ankles by asserting, over and over, that yes it loving does matter whence the blood flows, owns very hard, yes.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Blood for the blood god, when it's considered appropriate! Skulls for the skull throne, when logistically reasonable!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
nah, dorns all about ethics, not logistics, that whole series of sections

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

I know it’s like 30 mins long and nobody has time for that, but I wasn’t aware this short story existed and it gives closure to one of the early heresy characters. Quite good readings of some other good lore bits from this guy too.

https://youtu.be/Kh-k8pI_AJY?si=dxNesex7AcKjhj9Y

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Lobster Henry posted:

Khorne is one of those scifi/fantasy names that look cool written down, but say it out loud and it's just... corn.

They should do a retcon and say it's actually Kharne, it's always been Kharne. That sounds a little cooler. Blame it on warp fuckery or something.

Meanwhile, there's Kharn the Betrayer, but I don't know anything about him, so he can become, uh, Khurn, I guess.

Khorne is his translated name. His name in the "Dark Tongue" is Kharneth. All the other gods have alternate names like that which boil down to meaning "God of X". The alternate names for the others are all worse, but yeah they could just say he prefers the original name.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/yKPTtuQk9-E?si=QznqUqR0xvzlanW3

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Oh yeah, they actually played down the sex stuff a bit to play up more the decadence, indulgence and thrill seeking, and it actually worked. And ego, most Slaaneshi champions are higher than anything on their own ego, it's canon.

Yeah, it's something that the AoS team really nailed about Slaanesh. The model range really cover the range of the 6 deadly sins Slaanesh is in charge of.

Really just used the Persian court in 300 as a jumping off point.

Vvv Gallagher but it's his nuts instead of watermelons.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 10, 2024

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

What would a stand up comedian dedicated to Slaaanesh look like? Other than working blue, of course.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Automatic Slim posted:

What would a stand up comedian dedicated to Slaaanesh look like? Other than working blue, of course.

Bette Midler singing the bra song from Beaches holding a firehouse blowing cocaine into the audience

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Automatic Slim posted:

Shane Gillis with one tit and one crab claw

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Automatic Slim posted:

Sam Kinison with all the cocaine in the universe

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Gilbert Gottfried but he's 12 feet tall and wearing armor covered in undulating human skin

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ChickenHeart posted:

Gilbert Gottfried but he's 12 feet tall and wearing armor covered in undulating human skin

Gilbert Gottfried but the Aristocrats joke is just him describing what’s he’s doing on stage.

naem
May 29, 2011

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
two buttons, go and stop

surprisingly, in the infinite and the divine, we actually do get canon confirmation that the stop button really works. which you wouldn't expect

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

bob dobbs is dead posted:

two buttons, go and stop

surprisingly, in the infinite and the divine, we actually do get canon confirmation that the stop button really works. which you wouldn't expect

How else are you and da boys gonna have enough time to get out and loot da place?

A Tad Ghostal
Dec 2, 2014

After playing and enjoying the Rogue Trader game I started reading this thread which inspired me to try the books. Started with the Eisenhorn omnibus and not quite half-way through. It seems pretty alright though a lot of it also kinda just feels like nothing of much import happened. The saruthi world bits were p neat though. Also been finding a lot of weird typos/errors but that just might be the amazon ebook version.

Got some of those ork books that were mentioned and the two elderly necrons bickering on the list for the next ones to check out. Just wish the ebooks didn't cost more than the paperbacks.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

A Tad Ghostal posted:

Just wish the ebooks didn't cost more than the paperbacks.

Its the opposite for the Caiphas Cain books. The first omnibus is easy enough to find, but the second was a struggle to find it under $200, and the 3rd omnibus doesn't exist as a non-ebook.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Hihohe posted:

How else are you and da boys gonna have enough time to get out and loot da place?
Crash car into da place. Stops car and makes hole to go through to get swag, this is proper orky strategizin'.

Stop button, honestly. What nonsense.

naem
May 29, 2011

speaking of orks look at this paint job

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

naem posted:

Best livery ever, even da boyz know it

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

MrQwerty posted:

Best livery ever, even da boyz know it

Da Shred Barron

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

naem posted:

The shark rocket :3:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

limp_cheese posted:

Its the opposite for the Caiphas Cain books. The first omnibus is easy enough to find, but the second was a struggle to find it under $200, and the 3rd omnibus doesn't exist as a non-ebook.

Wtf Im pretty sure I own the second omnibus

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

limp_cheese posted:

I strongly recommend the audiobooks, the performances are great, to the point where my least favourite part of the books (Sulla's excepts) became a highlight.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Xun posted:

Wtf Im pretty sure I own the second omnibus

I would ask when you bought it because it's been out of print long enough that there were not that many copies for sale as of a year or two ago. At least it was for sale, even EBay didn't have a copy of the 3rd omnibus for sale. The only copy I could find was an ebook and I stare at a screen enough that when I read I like having a physical book.

Plus, having a physical book makes a good icebreaker for people to ask me what I'm reading when I go out to eat at places.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

limp_cheese posted:

I would ask when you bought it because it's been out of print long enough that there were not that many copies for sale as of a year or two ago. At least it was for sale, even EBay didn't have a copy of the 3rd omnibus for sale. The only copy I could find was an ebook and I stare at a screen enough that when I read I like having a physical book.

Plus, having a physical book makes a good icebreaker for people to ask me what I'm reading when I go out to eat at places.

I think probably around when it came out or just a few years after lol, it doesn't look like I took it with me when I moved for college but it'd still be at my mom's house. I definitely remember the cover and the contents. I'll have to dig it up next time I visit

Xun fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 11, 2024

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

I should mention I do have a physical copy of the 2nd omnibus and I did really enjoy it. I just looked up how much it cost me and it was $70 off Amazon, and Amazon only has 1 copy for sale for $100 for a used paperback right now. It does make sense its a rare book since it hasn't been printed in like a decade, and I'm sure they didn't make a poo poo ton during the initial runs. I liked it so much I would say it was worth the price.

Meanwhile you can get the 1st omnibus for $15 and there are a bunch of them for sale.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Do khorne demons ever need to just stop and take a poo poo

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

QuarkJets posted:

Urine and feces are processed in the thigh pads.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

QuarkJets posted:

quote:

Each onboard dawn, I trained with Lheor in the sparring cages, axe against axe. Sometimes Ashur-Kai would watch with emotionless regard, or sometimes Lheor’s surviving brothers would watch and cheer when one of us landed a particularly elegant or vicious blow. They were indiscriminate in their praise, lauding any decent strike rather than solely encouraging their commander. I admired that.

The pain they suffered in their skulls often manifested around them. When their cerebral implants truly bit deep, little sliver-spirits of agony would flicker into being, crawling across the World Eaters armour plating. These mindless pulses of incarnated sensation would skitter over the red ceramite like lizards, before dissolving back into the warp-charged air. Mostly, the legionaries paid these insignificant manifestations no heed at all – the appearance of minor emotion-daemons was hardly rare in the Eye – but Lheor’s lieutenant, the warrior Ugrivian, was often crawling with them. I saw him eat one of them once, the tiny snake-thing thrashing in his fist, before he bit its snapping head off and swallowed the morsel with a low chuckle.

‘You are aware the Neverborn offer no sustenance to us,’ I pointed out to him. He swallowed the rest of the squirming, white corpse. I watched it wriggling down the muscles of his neck, before it fell into his guts.

‘You’re good with an axe, Khayon. I respect that. But you’re too high and mighty to admit there’s no better way to insult an enemy than to poo poo him out once you’re done with him.’

To my shame, I laughed. ‘You are vile, Ugrivian.’

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

QuarkJets posted:

No, Khorne Daemons specifically don't have internal organs or an anus or anything

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gripweed posted:

No they specifically don't have internal organs or an anus or anything

Yeah, those are Slaneesh demon things

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Barudak posted:

Yeah, those are Slaneesh demon things

Nurgle Daemons also definitely have anuses

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

QuarkJets posted:

they have nice butts/glutes but I don't think they ever have to take a poo poo

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Gripweed posted:

No, Khorne Daemons specifically don't have internal organs or an anus or anything

What do they have inside

Like organs and stuff

Do they function

If they're magic what's the point of having any biology

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they're magic but it's easier to affect matter while being a roiling mass of actual matter. blanks can see their actual form, which is usually a roiling mass of flesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Smugworth posted:

What do they have inside

Like organs and stuff

Do they function

If they're magic what's the point of having any biology

they are from a different dimension, so yeah, how come they look like us?