Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Silver Falcon posted:

Welp. There goes my last reason to have a Twitter! I'll have to think of a creative way to get myself banned.

Now bring back Miiverse!

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

drat, I'm never getting those screenshots off now.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
its actually very easy to get screenshots off a switch if you have a phone

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Twilight Princess was the zelda that had the top you could ride with the spikes on the side right?

I really liked that dungeon a lot, the boss fight was great as well

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

welcome posted:

drat, I'm never getting those screenshots off now.

just get that USB-C data cable already, sheesh

even I did, after two years (lol)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

its actually very easy to get screenshots off a switch if you have a phone

what??!?!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

There's an option to have the switch present a QR code you scan them connect your phone to the switch and then transfer pictures.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Twilight Princess was the zelda that had the top you could ride with the spikes on the side right?

Yeah, it was just a shame that the overworld had maybe 3 places where you could use it to climb walls to get treasure chests and it was otherwise mostly useless :(

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You can easily get pics and video from your switch to your phone now with the ad hoc WiFi it sets up, which for some reason doesn't work with my Pixel 8

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Yeah, also the double clawshot which led to a boss fight where you were basically having to Spiderman grapple around an arena in the air to land hits on it. TP had some sick items.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

John Wick of Dogs posted:

You can easily get pics and video from your switch to your phone now with the ad hoc WiFi it sets up, which for some reason doesn't work with my Pixel 8

yup! my iPhone works fine, my partner's Android refuses to cooperate. lol. :shrug:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i dont have a phone

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

wizard2 posted:

yup! my iPhone works fine, my partner's Android refuses to cooperate. lol. :shrug:

My galaxy worked fine but I think my pixel is refusing the WiFi over security settings.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I've never tried the phone thing. Honestly plugging in a USB cable and pulling screenshots that way is probably easiest. That doesn't particularly bug me.

I may be a sicko but I liked the "engagement" aspect of putting them on Twitter. I got a handful of likes, maybe a comment or two from Goons who follow me. You get that nice little dopamine hit.

So what I miss is Miiverse, basically. I used Twitter as a poor substitute for Miiverse. Getting the screenshots was never really the point for me.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i simply post my screenshots in the nintendo switch thread for all my posting pals

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i dont have a phone

Skill issue

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I hold the Switch in portable mode and then use my phone to take pictures and videos of the game I’m playing.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Nintendo stay being the masters of edging everyone.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2024/05/rumour-switch-successors-codename-may-have-been-uncovered

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007
Can't wait to start seeing leaked Switch 3 specs in April 2025

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

You know we're in a desperate bid to find literally anything to post about the Switch 2 when people are treating its development codename like an interesting leak. It's not even a cool codename like Dolphin.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

pig labeled 3 posted:

Can't wait to start seeing leaked Switch 3 specs in April 2025

Digital foundry will be in their element (making stuff up)

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Yeah, whereas the one with the top that rides Link is only available on certain mod sites.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
:whitewater:

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

That's also Twilight Princess, actually.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

OshSwish B'gamths

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

wizard2 posted:

I actually got banned years ago from Twitter or X for botting by having a private account with 0 followers/0 following to upload Nintendo screenshots. It was a great day. :waycool:

I know several people who had this happen, even if they were all following each other and obviously a friend group

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
need to spend a voucher, how's cereza and the lost demon? It's probably that or kirby

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I never finished it but I enjoyed what I played. I didn't think it's a $60 game, feels more like a very good $30 indie game

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Get kirby

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Levitate posted:

need to spend a voucher, how's cereza and the lost demon? It's probably that or kirby

Forgotten Land? Yes 100%.

The remake of the WiiU game? I still haven't played it but I do plan on getting it.

Either way Kirby is great. Haven't done Cereza. But people talk fondly of it.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Kirby is one of the top five games on the system

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Forgotten Land? Yes 100%.

The remake of the WiiU game? I still haven't played it but I do plan on getting it.

Either way Kirby is great. Haven't done Cereza. But people talk fondly of it.

Speaking of, I’m still curious how the Rainbow Curse remake is gonna work since the original was entirely touchscreen controlled like its DS predecessor

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Levitate posted:

go for kirby. cereza is nice but it's a collectathon with one of the worst maps i've seen in quite a while, which makes it miserable to actually collect stuff

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oxxidation posted:

go for kirby. cereza is nice but it's a collectathon with one of the worst maps i've seen in quite a while, which makes it miserable to actually collect stuff

Strange I would not describe it as a collectathon, I think of it as more of a 3/4 perspective Zelda-like

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Is the TTYD remake available for vouchers? Getting that and the Kirby game would be a solid deal...

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Mega64 posted:

Is the TTYD remake available for vouchers? Getting that and the Kirby game would be a solid deal...

Paper Mario TTYD is available for pre-oder in the voucher eligible games. I already got one of the voucher games (ToTK back when it came out), this is just needing to use the other before the voucher expires

I haven't played any of the paper mario games or the mario rpg remake. not sure if I'm feeling kirby...dunno, wanted something a little different than the mario/kirby stuff but I could be convinced.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Levitate posted:

Paper Mario TTYD is available for pre-oder in the voucher eligible games. I already got one of the voucher games (ToTK back when it came out), this is just needing to use the other before the voucher expires

I haven't played any of the paper mario games or the mario rpg remake. not sure if I'm feeling kirby...dunno, wanted something a little different than the mario/kirby stuff but I could be convinced.

Again I can't speak for Cereza or Kirby Return to Dreamland Deluxe.

However, Forgotten Land, is among one of the best games on the Switch. It's not hard, no Kirby game really is, but it is very enjoyable. Just fun. The level/game design is terrific and the way the game builds up is a delight. It's a 3D action platformer and moves at a brisk enough pace. It has enough collectibles and challenges to keep you around if you're invested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Nazi curious? Is that like bi-curious?