Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Occult cost 60 million dollars. That final shot took 8 months to animate.

I believe the second thing, not the first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Gripweed posted:

hehe

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

it broke new ground

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

That DICK! posted:

it broke new ground

It subverted expectations.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Gripweed posted:

I don't think any Japanese movie has cost 60 million dollars what are you talking about

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the japanese are too efficient and frugal to spend 60 million dollars on anything. it goes against the principles of bushidō

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Part time

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

They fly now!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

That DICK! posted:

hey mod clown. tell them how i'm right about michelle yeoh kristen schaaling

Former mod speaking, I'd argue Kristen Schaal is Michelle Yeohing.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Meat Wagon posted:

I don't think any Japanese movie has cost 60 million dollars what are you talking about

have you not seen occult? remedy that

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

kalel posted:

the japanese are too efficient and frugal to spend 60 million dollars on anything. it goes against the principles of bushidō

What's bushido, is it an anime?

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Crescent Wrench posted:

It subverted expectations.

It's about family.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Stink Billyums posted:

have you not seen occult? remedy that

So good I made it movie of the month

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Yeah watch Occult.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Saw the new ape movie and meh. Without Caesar, there wasn't much to care about. The new main ape, Noa, didn't do it for me like Caesar did. Various apes keep bringing up Caesar like he's this legendary figure, but that only reminded me that he wasn't in it. The visual effects were pretty good, but that's about all I liked about it.

Hopefully the next one will be better and be made by someone better than the Maze Runner guy.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

Saw the new ape movie and meh. Without Caesar, there wasn't much to care about. The new main ape, Noa, didn't do it for me like Caesar did. Various apes keep bringing up Caesar like he's this legendary figure, but that only reminded me that he wasn't in it. The visual effects were pretty good, but that's about all I liked about it.

Hopefully the next one will be better and be made by someone better than the Maze Runner guy.

Did they tease for the next one? I’m curious if they are going to loop in the OG story line eventually which could be interesting.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MarcusSA posted:

Did they tease for the next one? I’m curious if they are going to loop in the OG story line eventually which could be interesting.
This one ends with the humans re-establishing contact with other humans via giant satellite dishes. There was no post-credits scene.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I googled “Kristen Schaaling” and it brought up essentially nothing, not even this thread, which makes me think someone is trying to start a thing.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
y'all got schaaled

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I googled “Kristen Schaaling” and it brought up essentially nothing, not even this thread, which makes me think someone is trying to start a thing.

I legit have no idea where it started because I'll be damned if I''m backtracking through this, of all threads

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

But why

Sunk Dunk posted:

i watched a good man with steven seagal what a film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMcLAJnMwiQ

This sort of thing is my favorite thing about his post ~2000 career.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Milo and POTUS posted:

I legit have no idea where it started because I'll be damned if I''m backtracking through this, of all threads

I think it’s a “pussy on the chain-wax” type situation.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Nigmaetcetera posted:

it started because that dick used her as an example of typecasting without actually saying the word typecast, I assume due to mike brain

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Kristen Schaaling is a thing. We all say it and we all know what it means.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

that's called stoklasa-ing

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
she kris'd on my ten til i schaulingedddd

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I think it’s a “pussy on the chain-wax” type situation.

glad i dont keep up with slang anymore

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm watching Bad Asses On the Bayou

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Meat Wagon posted:

Kristen Schaaling is a thing. We all say it and we all know what it means.
this has always been my feeling as well, along with Meet the Applegates being a real movie

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

There are only a few actor types that can legitimately have their names be used as a verb or to represent an ideal
Jeff Goldblum
Jane Fonda
Milton Berle

SeenYourPoopypants
Mar 10, 2024
YOURE MY BAD BOYS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRFY_Fesa9Q

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

When I said that Hilary Clinton got Schaaled by Obama, it meant got beaten badly. The media knows this. Often used word in politics!

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Rageaholic posted:

There was no post-credits scene.

Film of the decade right there

SeenYourPoopypants
Mar 10, 2024
I am gonna go ahead and assume that Martin Lawrences whole character arc through the entirety of Bad Boys Ride or Die is that he is not supposed to eat candy but does it anyway, much to the chagrin of Will Smith

SeenYourPoopypants fucked around with this message at 23:21 on May 10, 2024

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Sunk Dunk posted:

she kris'd on my ten til i schaulingedddd

Always heartwarming to see Americans embracing the metric system

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Dm you're getting out of character

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.
FRIDAY NIGHT MOVIES ON DISCORD

starting at 8 est with

1. The Weirdo

2. Zipperface

3. The Baby

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
lol zipperface. theres a carpenter brut music video that uses footage from that and makes it look pretty badass. it is not badass.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

SeenYourPoopypants posted:

I am gonna go ahead and assume that Martin Lawrences whole character arc through the entirety of Bad Boys Ride or Die is that he is not supposed to eat candy but does it anyway, much to the chagrin of Will Smith

Will Smith spends the entire movie Kristen Schaaling Martin Lawrence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Dr. Thoss posted:

FRIDAY NIGHT MOVIES ON DISCORD

starting at 8 est with

1. The Weirdo

2. Zipperface

3. The Baby

I approve.