Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

big boi posted:

I would rather the Nuggets lose to the Timberwolves than any of the other teams remaining. I just want them to win this game to prevent the worst of the Jokic Fraud Discourse

I personally would not engage with a mentally ill gaggle which calls jokic a fraud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Euphronius is not a gaggle

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://x.com/ShamsCharania/status/1789060298638307690

That paycheck when he gets fired in a year or two gonna rock

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

hire bud for one year, fire him

hire Steve Kerr for one year, fire him

hire mike Malone for one year, fire him

hire Chris finch for one year, fire him

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Dexo posted:

https://x.com/ShamsCharania/status/1789060298638307690

That paycheck when he gets fired in a year or two gonna rock

Get that paper homeboy

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Metapod posted:

I personally would not engage with a mentally ill gaggle which calls jokic a fraud

Nor would I, but due to unpaid parking tickets the state has compelled me to read Reddit on occasion

Edit: Good for Bud

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

This means the Bucks don’t have to pay him anymore, right?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

This means the Bucks don’t have to pay him anymore, right?

yeah his deal expired after 24-25 and they're saving $8m~ according to old Shams reporting

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

maruhkati posted:

Oh my God, it's real. The hatred is starting.

Wolves in 16, it's happening

yeah likeability is inversely related to how good you actually are

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Being a whiny loser worked. They swallowed the whistle in the last minute.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Sounds like he's a whiny winner

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/status/1789108203592065082

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

This shot was hilarious he had just missed like 3 straight *much* easier 3s

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

mcmagic posted:

Being a whiny loser worked. They swallowed the whistle in the last minute.

:allears:

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The Nuggets are gonna get swept but then come back and win the next championship. Like a weaker beautiful game spurs with less character.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Assuming the wolves lose tonight, every team that was winning their series has lost the last game.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://x.com/artbutsports/status/1789080360770212260

https://x.com/artbutsports/status/1789114172002779195

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://x.com/bballbreakdown/status/1789107325514461244?s=61&t=MwiVngS9F-DTnbB7CvREng

No more bitching about the refs for Pacer fans.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

big boi posted:

The Jumbotron has a monopoly on violence

I love this thread

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007

:ironicat:

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

maruhkati posted:

Kill the Tortured Minnesota Sports Fan (TM) inside your head. They deserve to die, they are a deeply lame person.

Then the sports teams should stop loving FEEDING him by following up anything good they do with performances that look like they don't know what sport they're playing

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

I think you'll find that this is not the case.

Also one missed call does not make up for a bunch of tacky crap.

Also I blame White Donte being good on the refs or whatever cult they belong to.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm sorry to the people of Minnesota who definitely all look like the early version of Pearl Forrester that your basketball team lost tonight

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

thats not what a half nelson is

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Well that sucked.

Ghost Dog posted:

Yeah that is not even close to a Half Nelson.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

That 1/8th Nelson no call cost Carlisle a pretty penny but was probably worth it

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Coke Zero Nelson

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I just realized that this was on the page for the NBA's Referee Assignments for tonight, with Tony Brothers being the Crew Chief for the Wolves-Nuggets game:

CREW CHIEF POSITION
    *Proficient in Referee and Umpire positions
    *Leader of the crew, on and off the floor
    *High-level play calling, partnering skills, and tools for handling any game situation, including interpersonal communication
    *Understands the importance of extending into their secondary area of coverage, with accuracy

Now, can any of the above accurately describe Tony Brothers?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i finally feel safe enough to say this: the Minnesota Timberwolves are the most villainous team left in these playoffs

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

verbal enema posted:

I'm sorry to the people of Minnesota who definitely all look like the early version of Pearl Forrester that your basketball team lost tonight

:golfclap:

Speaking of which, I remember in the Sci-Fi Channel era of Mystery Science Theater 3000, Robert Smith (of The Vikings, not The Cure) made a cameo in a bit with Pearl

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ghost Dog posted:

Bringing the same sophistication they have in bball breakdowns to calling wrestling.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
lmao

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

My gf seeing dishes that didn’t get washed; me

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
This is extremely “yells at cloud” but after watching games 2 and 3 of the Denver/Minnesota series it’s absurd how differently two games can be officiated. In game 2 the timberwolves were just mugging the nuggets for the full 24 seconds of the shot clock and it was like hey that’s playoff basketball and all the commentary after the game was like “wow that’s the best defense I’ve seen in 20 years.” So the wolves play the exact same defense and they’re instantly called for fouls in game 3. Like, either that kind of defense is allowed or it isn’t!! There shouldn’t be a d20 roll to decide the defensive intensity of a game based on officiating!!

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

kingcobweb posted:

There shouldn’t be a d20 roll to decide the defensive intensity of a game based on officiating!!

quote:

hey that’s playoff basketball

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

kingcobweb posted:

This is extremely “yells at cloud” but after watching games 2 and 3 of the Denver/Minnesota series it’s absurd how differently two games can be officiated. In game 2 the timberwolves were just mugging the nuggets for the full 24 seconds of the shot clock and it was like hey that’s playoff basketball and all the commentary after the game was like “wow that’s the best defense I’ve seen in 20 years.” So the wolves play the exact same defense and they’re instantly called for fouls in game 3. Like, either that kind of defense is allowed or it isn’t!! There shouldn’t be a d20 roll to decide the defensive intensity of a game based on officiating!!

It's always ridiculous that there's the expectation that you have playoff whistles and regular season whistles, but the game to game inconsistency of officiating doubles that ridiculousness.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
According to hollinger, the refs responsible for "Take that for data!" incident didn't ref again the next year so some may be quietly gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Beautiful Game