Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Nostradingus posted:

Atlus noooo... don't give me the classic SMT gameplay we love with improved graphics and additional content...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm kind of pissed. And I don't want to spend full price on this game again .

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

In Training posted:

It's probably coming to Gamepass for one year like P3P, P4G, SH2, P3R, etc.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

welcome posted:

It's probably coming to Gamepass for one year like P3P, P4G, SH2, P3R, etc.

I don't have. An Xbox.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

In Training posted:

I don't have. An Xbox.

It'll probably be on PC Game Pass too.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

In Training posted:

I don't have. An Xbox.

Get the PC Gamepass, also an Xbox

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'll play it if it's on gamepass but not spending another 90 dollars on this game

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

But now you can glide through all the featureless desert areas with several brand new demons.

teppichporsche
May 11, 2019

que sera sera posted:

But now you can glide through all the featureless desert areas with several brand new demons.

Don’t forget, there are even more collectibles, that alone makes the game a must buy for me :D

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the game kicked rear end and i will happily pay full price for the new even more epic version :cheers:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Stux posted:

the game kicked rear end and i will happily pay full price for the new even more epic version :cheers:

this, and it's disturbing so many don't see the light

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stux posted:

I loved the original version and look forward to getting this revision on sale on the Cinco in a few years.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

5 is a good game, maybe even a great game mechanically speaking, but it always lacked in writing

I can't explain how much better 4 is in that regard. It almost feels like a completely different studio made it. Which it probably was at the time tbh

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Yeah the writing was definitely weaker than 4 and Nocturne, I kinda got the impression that they wanted to do more stuff in Tokyo but it ended up being cut for dev time or something like that. Still a very fun game and I'll definitely pick up the new version once I get in the mood to replay it

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Even 4A can't hold a candle to 4 in the writing department. 4A is good but the characters feel more like Persona characters than mainline SMT characters. You can go the Dagda route and kill everyone but it feels really out of touch with everything else in the game.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah I really loved 4 pretty much all around

Haven't played 4A yet for some reason, I should do that soonish

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Kongming posted:

Even 4A can't hold a candle to 4 in the writing department. 4A is good but the characters feel more like Persona characters than mainline SMT characters. You can go the Dagda route and kill everyone but it feels really out of touch with everything else in the game.

Yeah I didn't love the new characters in 4A, but it's cool how they basically retold the story midway through from the perspective of kids who grew up in sealed Tokyo

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

It was lulzy that Navarre finally got to be a proper party member but was forced to be a little green freak the whole time lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I do appreciate how quickly 4A gets down to business tho. Like your 2 mentors getting murked in the tutorial was pretty brutal lol. Spoilered just in case, even if it happens in the first hour of the game

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

4A has some brutal dialogue choices lol. Like when Asahi's dad dies

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I do appreciate how quickly 4A gets down to business tho. Like your 2 mentors getting murked in the tutorial was pretty brutal lol. Spoilered just in case, even if it happens in the first hour of the game

yup. Cool contrast to 4 which doesn't get "real" for like a dozen hours.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

yup. Cool contrast to 4 which doesn't get "real" for like a dozen hours.

the twist is so kickass whn it happens though. god 4 rules

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i need to go back to 4 but everytime i play it i get to tokyo and stop for some reason

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Stux posted:

i need to go back to 4 but everytime i play it i get to tokyo and stop for some reason

I stopped at Tokyo too, should probably give it another go

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Make sure you're 100% certain you'll be committed to finishing before entering Tokyo because that poo poo is a labyrinth and if you take any extended time off you will be hopelessly lost

I played it pretty consistently and still had to look up how to get back to certain areas lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never beaten 4 after playing it like 3 times....hard to go back to 3ds form factor too these days.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

You should, you get special items in 4A depending on which ending you got in 4 and they're pretty fuckin busted in the early game

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Make sure you're 100% certain you'll be committed to finishing before entering Tokyo because that poo poo is a labyrinth and if you take any extended time off you will be hopelessly lost

I played it pretty consistently and still had to look up how to get back to certain areas lol

i think thats hwy its filtered me. ive got there and realised im not in the mood after all or something lol

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Tokyo in 4 is incredibly daunting so I get it, but its worth pushing through that since the game has some of the sickest moments in the series. I think synthy mentioned it already but seeing how "reds" are manufactured is so gnarly lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fiend Matador posted:

Tokyo in 4 is incredibly daunting so I get it, but its worth pushing through that since the game has some of the sickest moments in the series. I think synthy mentioned it already but seeing how "reds" are manufactured is so gnarly lol

Yeah that whole facility is incredibly gross feeling. Reminiscent of the meat factory at the start of DDS2. It's crazy how much atmosphere can be projected from a 3ds

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Stux posted:

i think thats hwy its filtered me. ive got there and realised im not in the mood after all or something lol

hyping 5 while saying poo poo like this... have some self respect.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

que sera sera posted:

drat lol

Hi :)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Stux posted:

Lot of british stank coming off this one.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

que sera sera posted:

theres too much talking in 4, and to be frank i kind of have to push to geth through the opening stuff bcos i dont like fantasy lol i like how 3 is v sparse with the human characters and fills space with just running around + talking to demons and 5 is a lot of that. also 5s demon convos are all about religious pantheons and their vairous interactions and conflicts and that hits for me

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Stux posted:

theres too much talking in 4, and to be frank i kind of have to push to geth through the opening stuff bcos i dont like fantasy lol i like how 3 is v sparse with the human characters and fills space with just running around + talking to demons and 5 is a lot of that. also 5s demon convos are all about religious pantheons and their vairous interactions and conflicts and that hits for me

Yeah there's none of that in 4. (LMFAO)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09Ty1p9tQEQ&t=26s

This kills the poser.