Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

thanks ill check out slipstream and i guess i got dirt 5 from humble as sometime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The Postman posted:

veering into oncoming traffic because google maps frustrated me. definitely trust this person around a gun.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SIDS Vicious posted:

thanks ill check out slipstream and i guess i got dirt 5 from humble as sometime

They're not racing games but there's like one or two procedurally generated like... Driving Survival Games. I think if you google "roguelike racing" on steam you might get lucky and find a early access piece of poo poo that's what you want lol.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i feel like living in the same zip code as that poster is a driving survival game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

From a glance it looks like you'd have to also like deck building games and grid based tactics. In your racing game. I'm sorry bro.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
if you deface my avatar, I will place strangers in mortal danger. Your move, cspam.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Wormskull posted:

From a glance it looks like you'd have to also like deck building games and grid based tactics. In your racing game. I'm sorry bro.

i just like infinity things okay!!!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Agree that Forza games have so much content they're functionally infinite, if procgen matters less than "always new stuff"

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

ill take a look at them as well thank you! i have gamepass on my xbox i wish there was a way to access it and download games on steamdeck from it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

SIDS Vicious posted:

i just like infinity things okay!!!

procgen doesn't make sense in racing/driving games. a track should be designed, and if you just looking to space out and drive around thats what forza/gta is for

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

The Postman
May 12, 2007

SIDS Vicious posted:

ill take a look at them as well thank you! i have gamepass on my xbox i wish there was a way to access it and download games on steamdeck from it

i don't have an xbox myself but it looks like there's something called greenlight that you can use to get remote play on your steam deck

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

symbolic posted:

Burger King after work, personally

Bk breakfast is my guiltiest pleasure. Give me those sausage egg and cheese croissant with the zesty sauce and I’m so happy

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

games like audiosurf are probably as close as you want to get for proc gen tracks, and not specifically racing, but really fun

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You could probably make a good roguelike rally game.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

The Postman posted:

i don't have an xbox myself but it looks like there's something called greenlight that you can use to get remote play on your steam deck

ah yeah remote play is not viable unfortunately i have this crappy DSL internet my wife needs for her work stuff

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Wormskull posted:

You could probably make a good roguelike rally game.

this is basically what im after like overdrift or hotshot racing but metaprogression stuff and procedurally generated tracks idk lol its a pipe dream i just know a lot of gamers who know good stuff post in this thread thanks love you

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

games like audiosurf are probably as close as you want to get for proc gen tracks, and not specifically racing, but really fun

God I played the poo poo out of audiosurf and was still getting “dethroned” messages a decade later

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SIDS Vicious posted:

this is basically what im after like overdrift or hotshot racing but metaprogression stuff and procedurally generated tracks idk lol its a pipe dream i just know a lot of gamers who know good stuff post in this thread thanks love you

Getting drunk and playing VR Dirt Rally with max VR Intensity perhaps.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

BK had the best chicken sandwich in the game w/the Spicy Chi'King Sandwich. Then they got rid of it because it was probably too expensive to serve real chicken and they replaced it with the usual crap.

Seacrest out.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

If you just want to drive (as opposed to race), get one of the GTAs or Saints Rows or Sleeping Dogs or even a Forza Horizon so you too can swerve into oncoming traffic when you're all grumpy gussed because someone bought you an av, imho

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Is every subforum on this place a little petri dish filled with agarose and various strains of aids that never gets looked at by anyone else?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

audiosurf was kick rear end i like beat hazard 2 a lot too but i cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it to work together with spotify on my steamdeck so i cant even do the daily or anything

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

SIDS Vicious posted:

What i miss is GTA:SA (SA-MP/MTA) as it allowed players to create waypoint races on the fly and the SA overmap is one of the 7 wonders of the world in terms of badass maps. I played that game like 20000 hours lol.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Spanish Manlove posted:

Is every subforum on this place a little petri dish filled with agarose and various strains of aids that never gets looked at by anyone else?

HIV is a virus so it cannot be cultured in a petri dish. Topic pending.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Spanish Manlove posted:

I think so? I feel like the ones about real-world hobbies tend to be a little more grounded, but the DIY forum did give us Joists Guy/Bathdoom, and I'm sure now that I've written this someone will link the Fantasize About Feeding Your Chud Relatives to Wildlife Megathread in the outdoors forum or something

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
it just doesn't seem like there's any central oversight and this poo poo keeps happening

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

they're working their asses off

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I ordered a pizza instead because I couldn't wait for the answer anymore.

touche. *eats cookie*

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

touche. *eats cookie*

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Antivehicular posted:

Fantasize About Feeding Your Chud Relatives to Wildlife Megathread

i might want to create this in cspam... will consider.

Albino Broccoli
Aug 5, 2022

Spanish Manlove posted:

Yes

Albino Broccoli
Aug 5, 2022
Can't wait to see what's been going on in the depths of The Sci-Fi Wi-Fi

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead

Spanish Manlove posted:

I blame the chat threads that let people just brain dump and the regulars just ignore it.
Jump into any of them and you’ll def find deranged posts.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spanish Manlove posted:

Of course they are.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Imp Zone is not.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Imp Zone is not.

this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

The Postman posted:

veering into oncoming traffic because google maps frustrated me. definitely trust this person around a gun.

shooter mcgavin needs to calm down and save some pieces of poo poo for the rest of us