Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

"Hello, I'm supposed to tell you that I've moved into the neighborhood..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Power Windows posted:

"Hello, I'm supposed to tell you that I've moved into the neighborhood..."

"Why yes, I work for WWE, would you like some cheese?"

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

thats a polycule you dont want to notice you from across the bar

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

rotinaj posted:

Tickets cost 400 Eurodollars and a big black cock? :monocle:

The tickets for the French ppv cost an arm and a leg, but y'know Brexit exchange rates...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

me and NN

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lmfao

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

drat

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lmao

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you cant fool me thats two different versions of paul dano

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh no

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Digital Jedi posted:

Said Charlotte Flair vs Rhea Ripley went over by 20 minutes in their match at WrestleMania 39 which many producers found disrespectful to the Main Event (Usos vs Zayn & Owens)

What the gently caress I looked it up and the match was like 23 minutes.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Breetai posted:

What the gently caress I looked it up and the match was like 23 minutes.

Apparently the 20 minutes over was for the entire segment, including entrances and whatnot.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

MJeff posted:

Apparently the 20 minutes over was for the entire segment, including entrances and whatnot.

which makes it even funnier that in Ronda's book she asks "what kind of money does an 8 minute entrance make" about Roman Reigns lol

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

skaboomizzy posted:

which makes it even funnier that in Ronda's book she asks "what kind of money does an 8 minute entrance make" about Roman Reigns lol

It's what the WWE Universe wants

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

skaboomizzy posted:

fanless fool. when your time in the fed is done, enjoy nothing

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Starting to think the people who get really mad about Kurt Angle not having a five star match have a point...

Kurt/HBK at Mania 21 probably should've had 5 stars (it's ****3/4), but other'n that, can't think of a match that got screwed out of getting 5. The Kurt/Brock matches were more terrific holistically than individually. Don't get me wrong, love popping on a good Angle match, but the sports entertainment stuff that made the product so hot also made the matches a little less than perfect.

Can't speak for Kurt's TNA run, so I defer to others there.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Benoit/Angle or some of the 2002 tag matches are the closest to 5 for me

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

D.N. Nation posted:

Kurt/HBK at Mania 21 probably should've had 5 stars (it's ****3/4), but other'n that, can't think of a match that got screwed out of getting 5. The Kurt/Brock matches were more terrific holistically than individually. Don't get me wrong, love popping on a good Angle match, but the sports entertainment stuff that made the product so hot also made the matches a little less than perfect.

Can't speak for Kurt's TNA run, so I defer to others there.

Bare minimum, one of the first two Kurt/Joe matches in TNA in 2006 (Genesis and/or Turning Point) should be on there. Story-wise the first one at Genesis probably makes it for being a moment, but Turning Point (and on really) they were given more length to work with

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Benoit/Angle or some of the 2002 tag matches are the closest to 5 for me

ah poo poo, yeah, the No Mercy one is probably 5. Sorry Kurt

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Didn’t he have some amazing matches with Eddie too?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
5 out of 7 leaves a lot of room for improvement. hopefully some time at the pc will fix Cody up

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Pillowpants posted:

Didn’t he have some amazing matches with Eddie too?

One of my favorite WWE matches of all time was Eddie/Angle. The one where Eddie was all cheat to win, and he untied his boot when Angle was distracted so that when Kurt put him in the Angle Lock Eddie slipped his foot out and won. Absolutely masterful poo poo that WWE will probably never do again because their fans don't understand storytelling in the ring

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
My all time fav lol moment in my life in wrestling is that Daddy Magic has a 5* and Kurt Angle doesn't lol

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I don't think it's a huge crime that Kurt doesn't have any 5 star matches cause while he was good he was never top 5 in the world good even in the early 00's and his matches rarely hit beyond good WWE style

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Joe Lanza did a series of articles looking into whether or not Kurt Angle has a 5-star match. It's paywalled on the VoW patreon, but it's a pretty interesting insight into DAVEFLATION and Kurt Angle as a wrestler.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Kurt Angle is an actual by god crazy Olympic gold metalist. He should have at least one 5 star with the talent that was working during his tenure. He was doing more than super punch/spears like 4 star general Roman Reigns.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i won a couple olympics

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

By Dave's star inflation and his current WWE rating standards yeah I could see an argument for having a 5 star match. But compare his matches against other 00's 5 star matches and really the Joe TNA stuff is the only one really close and even than I think it's not at the level.

My problem with Kurt is he was forced to be to silly in his main event programs which dragged his matches down and his mid card stuff is WWE midcard

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Silly Kurt angle is way more entertaining than serious Kurt angle though

He’s just a sexy Kurt

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Two high level WWE employees fired this morning.

https://x.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1789369228539122099

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1789371073764397117

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Kurt Angle ruled, he's my favorite all time WWE wrestler and fans are weird for caring so much what one guy rates stuff

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

perhaps he should have been named michael stayin

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

good, or i feel bad for them

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Parallax posted:

fans are weird for caring so much what one guy rates stuff

this

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

That DICK! posted:

perhaps he should have been named michael stayin

lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hello my name is mave deltzer and i will give any match you want five stars. please name a match.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cheex vs whoever that other guy was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

Cheex vs whoever that other guy was

instant classic. i loved the other guy. five stars.