Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Milo and POTUS posted:

The pig loving was on point

the David Cameron pig revelations happened just months after the LHC was turned back on

coincidence?

yeah probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

I call mine the lol nope bot

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
The bitch come find me bot

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
The lol I thought not bot

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I remember when Bumble was a startup operating out of an apartment building in downtown Austin. I never heard a single positive comment about anyone working there. They treated the residents like poo poo on a constant daily basis.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Finally, the field where I grow my fucks is no longer barren

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
country girls make do

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/eSB0CTj.mp4

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

My Spirit Otter posted:

country girls make do

:lol:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I shall not fear the ahegao kata

E: hooga hooga hooga kata

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

My Spirit Otter posted:

country girls make do

lol

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Literally a Black Mirror episode called Hang the DJ.

cult_hero posted:

"We're creating the horror dating app from the Black Mirror episode 'Don't Create the Horror Dating App'"

It's maybe the only BM episode that has an unironically happy ending so who's to say if it's good or bad :shrug:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Takes No Damage posted:

Literally a Black Mirror episode called Hang the DJ.

It's maybe the only BM episode that has an unironically happy ending so who's to say if it's good or bad :shrug:

Yeah I was gonna say that ep is one of like two in the whole series with a happy heartwarming ending.

Sorry we all spoiled it for anyone who would have watched it ITT by merely bringing it up.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Mister Speaker posted:

Yeah I was gonna say that ep is one of like two in the whole series with a happy heartwarming ending.

Sorry we all spoiled it for anyone who would have watched it ITT by merely bringing it up.

Technology finding a way to ruin people's lives is what Black Mirror would have wanted.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I've never watched or cared about Black Mirror.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I like Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell, although I don't think it has any episodes that make clever or seemingly prophetic commentary about current/future technology or the abuse thereof.

It does have that one episode where Dustin Diamond goes to hell and has to star in a cheesy late-80s sitcom for all eternity though.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

I. M. Gei posted:

If you're into scifi you should check it out. Episodes can be uneven but when it's good it's real good.

The xmas special from 2014 is the first really great episode, and still the one I point to as the best of the 'what if social media but IRL' bunch. Playtest is a decent one for horror fans. Hated in the Nation is a scifi police procedural and one of the higher quality episodes in the show, it's basically a movie. USS Callister is a pretty fun Star Trek MMORPG mashup and Metalhead from the same season is another good horror-y ep. Smithereens is a very cool and tense hostage standoff with a pretty legit emotional payoff. I'm still not done with the latest season but Joan is Awful was cute in a meta-y way.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I. M. Gei posted:

same

i already know how poo poo technology is

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Couldn't finish even the first episode of You for the same reason.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Takes No Damage posted:

If you're into scifi you should check it out. Episodes can be uneven but when it's good it's real good.

The xmas special from 2014 is the first really great episode, and still the one I point to as the best of the 'what if social media but IRL' bunch. Playtest is a decent one for horror fans. Hated in the Nation is a scifi police procedural and one of the higher quality episodes in the show, it's basically a movie. USS Callister is a pretty fun Star Trek MMORPG mashup and Metalhead from the same season is another good horror-y ep. Smithereens is a very cool and tense hostage standoff with a pretty legit emotional payoff. I'm still not done with the latest season but Joan is Awful was cute in a meta-y way.

Yeah, black mirror is one of those shows that's just annoyingly good. You watch it, knowing that "oh everyone's gonna lap this up" while you lap it up.

The first episode though, is so tonally different from all the rest. I know so many people bounced off it from that. I'd say skip the first episode.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7Fs5uuAlnk

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Takes No Damage posted:

Calling the US seasons 'the first great episodes' is a cursed opinion, not a cursed image.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Open Mike Eagle is far from cursed!!

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

this is truly cursed.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

Glottis posted:

this is truly cursed.

It definitely looks cursed but I can't help but be impressed by the variation in the facial expressions produced by just cranking a lever. Lots going on from what I assume is a purely mechanical system.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

CheeseThief posted:

It definitely looks cursed but I can't help but be impressed by the variation in the facial expressions produced by just cranking a lever. Lots going on from what I assume is a purely mechanical system.

there's nothing inside. just centipedes

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

CheeseThief posted:

The arm rotation is purely to keep the doll occupied, like playing with a baby that will kill you if you stop engaging it. The face however...

R.L. Stine posted:

there's nothing inside. just centipedes

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

GABA ghoul posted:

Calling the US seasons 'the first great episodes' is a cursed opinion, not a cursed image.

Indeed. Unironically one of the most cursed posts ever made on these boards, I expect there to be a tiny ball of mouldy string where their brain should be.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

!Klams posted:

Yeah, black mirror is one of those shows that's just annoyingly good. You watch it, knowing that "oh everyone's gonna lap this up" while you lap it up.

The first episode though, is so tonally different from all the rest. I know so many people bounced off it from that. I'd say skip the first episode.

seriously, the rest of the episodes are speculation about letting technology consume more of our lives and the impact on our social structure

the first episode is “lol what if the prime minister hosed a pig on TV”

i’ve somehow seen it like three times and call me loving dense or whatever but it doesn’t have any themes or anything to say, it’s just sensationalist schlock surrounded by a flimsy “no no seriously it could happen!”

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Rockman Reserve posted:

seriously, the rest of the episodes are speculation about letting technology consume more of our lives and the impact on our social structure

the first episode is “lol what if the prime minister hosed a pig on TV”

i’ve somehow seen it like three times and call me loving dense or whatever but it doesn’t have any themes or anything to say, it’s just sensationalist schlock surrounded by a flimsy “no no seriously it could happen!”

If somebody kidnapped a royal to make the UK PM gently caress a pig live on international television that'd be pretty funny though. 7/10 episode.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Willatron posted:

If somebody kidnapped a royal to make the UK PM gently caress a pig live on international television that'd be pretty funny though. 7/10 episode.

… y’know weirdly despite personally really despising the episode I can’t find the lie here

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Rockman Reserve posted:

… y’know weirdly despite personally really despising the episode I can’t find the lie here

Also David Cameron hosed a dead pig so it's not that far off from the truth

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Also the theme is that the UK is a stupid country and everything that happens there is reprehensible

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
also the people

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

the pig fucker episode is the best one! i'd have watched a lot more of that show if it was "The Thick of It, but a horror anthology"

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

GABA ghoul posted:

Good thing I... didn't do that :confused: I like several episodes from the first 2 series, I just like the xmas show more and think it's a better representation of the show in general than to proceed directly to pigfucking. Don't get me wrong I love me some pigfucking :mrapig: it's just not the best example of the general theme of dystopian future where technology has gone too far.

Sentinel Red posted:

Indeed. Unironically one of the most cursed posts ever made on these boards, I expect there to be a tiny ball of mouldy string where their brain should be.

This sounds wrong but I don't know enough about string to refute it :ohdear:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 11, 2024

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

Also the theme is that the UK is a stupid country and everything that happens there is reprehensible

And really it's not even that far from reality. A bunch of the people in charge in the UK did gently caress pigs under social pressure. The country is overrun with tabloid media to the point that's an institution. And a good part of the population is on board with some people being getting legal privileges just because of what family they were lucky enough to be born into.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

I am a UK and I can confirm

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

also the people

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.