Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

temple posted:

Wait, did they re-release efficient beams?

It was in a recent Nightwave redemption. It is part of the rotation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
sigh
*unsheathes my farming spreadsheet*

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
you've heard hakuna grakata

but did you know it's the cycron of life

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

:smug:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

temple posted:

Wait, did they re-release efficient beams?

Yeah it's been on Nightwave every few weeks.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Sounds like someone we know. Please don't google "giant camel toe"

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
This is all I can think of when you beat an acolyte.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
and my mouth isn't filled with blood, it's victory kuva

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Dear Guass Players: Please make your special effects colors Dark, cause no one can loving see past the piss yellow clouds you're farting out.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Anora posted:

Dear Guass Players: Please make your special effects colors Dark, cause no one can loving see past the piss yellow clouds you're farting out.

Full white on the Smoke pallet :smuggo:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Anora posted:

Fine. I'll just play Hydroid instead.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

**laughs in Oberon**

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Anora posted:

you gotta know this isnt gonna go how you want

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I don't play with any of you, so you're really just hurting each other.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Anora posted:

I don't play with any of you

To quote Nora Night, "Shame on you, for I am delightful."

Anyhow, on a completely different note, it occurred to me how much power in Warframe comes from simply engaging with the systems that exist and learning their ins and outs. For instance, I started making a conscious effort to use my focus school abilities, and they really do raise my power level significantly.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I know it's a pointless tree beyond the waybounds and its first talent, but I stick with naramon just because I like to mix in swinging my melee weapon sometimes, and with tennokai it's nice to have the free heavies hit for 12x and whatever crit rate I have at 12x.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Eh, I just mastered it, I don't think it's worthless. I'm making an effort to engage with the 2nd ability, and the ability to gain double combo count for 10s is really nice with certain incarnons.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's mostly just that it's a lot of awkward hoops to jump through for kind of middling gain compared to just push button get power in all the other trees. At least they fixed them to work when you're not the host, I think.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The one where you get an amp power boost if you switch to operator with 8x or higher combo multiplier is nice too.

I think a lot of players tend to just ignore the focus powers. I remember there was a poster in here recently who had just unlocked operator mode and was like "What's the big deal? :confused:"

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful

chumbler posted:

I know it's a pointless tree beyond the waybounds and its first talent, but I stick with naramon just because I like to mix in swinging my melee weapon sometimes, and with tennokai it's nice to have the free heavies hit for 12x and whatever crit rate I have at 12x.

Ever since whispers, tennokai has made naramon my most common operator school unless I need something else. It's not even the strongest school for endgame play--that's madurai or unairu, depending on need--but it's really nice to have the convenience of high combo for casual melee fun without modding for combo duration or adding dexterity arcanes.

Edit: FWIW I also often run dexterity arcanes in elite archimedea because using melee kills to add base damage is efficient for certain weapons, especially if you're relying heavily on abilities and can't keep a fast enough kill rate for merciless.

Zooloo fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 9, 2024

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

Agents are GO! posted:

The one where you get an amp power boost if you switch to operator with 8x or higher combo multiplier is nice too.

I think a lot of players tend to just ignore the focus powers. I remember there was a poster in here recently who had just unlocked operator mode and was like "What's the big deal? :confused:"

Steel Path Circuit taught me to use the operator constantly for mobility while decree shard hunting.

Once I was used to swapping intuitively, suddenly I started using all the abilities, and I'll be honest, that poo poo is nice. It's worth learning.

Necessary? Only on occasion, but it helps to have free on demand downtime in very, very aggressive content. I'm talking level cap.

Plus, I adore just the convenience of the skills. Naramon finisher is the easiest way to stack melee crescendo for goofy heavy spam builds on gunblades, for example, and that works on every frame.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
I like Unairu a lot. While it has the obvious Caustic Strike to get rid of armor, the other ability, Magnetic Flare, just completely removes shields in a big bubble. There's a lot of armor strip in the game, but I can't think of anything else that just turns enemy shields off.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Unairu is the biggest general utility one alright. Full shield/armour strip on demand irrespective of frame/weapons/mods goes a long way.

Naramon just feels right for melee. i always play Excal with Naramon and the cool 1 million focus Naramon badge on the chest. :c00lbert:

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

I like Unairu a lot. While it has the obvious Caustic Strike to get rid of armor, the other ability, Magnetic Flare, just completely removes shields in a big bubble. There's a lot of armor strip in the game, but I can't think of anything else that just turns enemy shields off.

Quick note before my reply: Unairu is the best generic pick and I use in most lich and sister hunts, almost every long disruption, etc.

For late Void Cascade, Steel Path Circuit, Void Angel hunting, most play in deep archimedea, or anything that requires the operator to actively fight and doesn't need armor strip, Madurai is probably better because Void Strike is insanely good. It's a one button press activation for Eternal Onslaught, which is just a stupendous amount of crit, enough that even a 746 amp will actually crit heavily.

After the upcoming damage rework, madurai will be even better, as you won't need full armor strip for many enemy types, so heat damage on the amp (magus melt) + your madurai skills will be enough to kill targets during last gasp. Combo that with the ability to chain sling for extra power strength AND the faster cast speed? You'll see a lot of frames will just run smooth on a rotation with a lot of madurai spam on it. If there's any other armor strip naturally happening when you go down, you won't even need magus melt. I certainly won't use it most of the time.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

You'll pry my zenurik bubble from my cold, dead hands

Yes I have every energy source in the game and can easily do without it, but I don't want to :colbert:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I have every energy source in the game and I still spam so hard I run out. Also, loving leech eximus.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

Kesper North posted:

I have every energy source in the game and I still spam so hard I run out. Also, loving leech eximus.

Got a gameplay preference for "living fireworks." Never wait for enemies to spawn. The cast animation is finished, and it is time to cast "particle blast" again. :3

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Is there a rollup of the upcoming stuff with elements and the like from the devstream? I can't find anything on a cursory googling and one of my friends keeps talking about the elemental stuff. I have no idea what the gently caress he's talking about.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Here's the WF forums post
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1395463-jade-shadows-dev-workshop-enemy-resistances-and-status-rework/

At the time they posted this, changes to Blast were still being workshopped. I want to say I read/heard since this that it'll have some kind of "popcorn" effect.

Kwanzaa Quickie fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 10, 2024

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Thanks!

I just want Blast to get the old corpse-launching back. It's been like 6 years and I'm still sad the Grineer Space Program's dead.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
I have one of those tennokai mods on a weapon. I don't know what it does or how to use it, and at this point I'm afraid to ask.

Faxanadus
Oct 16, 2023

LordAdakos posted:

I have one of those tennokai mods on a weapon. I don't know what it does or how to use it, and at this point I'm afraid to ask.

After you hit guys with your melee weapon there's a chance for a big yellow icon to appear in the center of the screen, if you press Heavy Attack while the icon is up you get a faster heavy attack that doesn't use up your combo meter.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LordAdakos posted:

Tennokai absolutely owns bones, never be afraid to ask.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I throw on my gear, head into elite deep archimedian, find i'm doing 1-3 digit damage. Say wtf to myself every 20 seconds for the first mission but see that I had 40% damage done so keep going. It didn't get any better but I consistently had 40% damage each mission. Win and get out, find that glitch happened where it strips all your mods. Xaku stronk. Dante too, his overguard kept me alive.

Faxanadus
Oct 16, 2023

:thunk:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Nora had a rough night

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I screenshot that too.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Nightwave challenge: parse the nightwave challenge

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

Elite archimedea's first mission at full research was a bit of a scary one, but the rest of this week was very fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

Who are my true Sobekheads and why are you going to farm up a toxin Kuva Sobek tomorrow so that you can run around with Saryn obliterating everything in conjunction survival???