Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

bob dobbs is dead posted:

but isn't margarine made from the other great midwestern product, corn?

Everything can be made from corn.

This presents a good argument for encapsulating toppings in cheese rather than just piling them on top, because if there was cheese as a binding agent on both sides, the pepperoni wouldn't really be flopping around everywhere.

Although with that much pepperoni, putting another layer on top would basically make it into a casserole or a lasagna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

It was Depression-Era Germany, I would not be surprised to hear some places which probably relied on subsistence farming leaned heavily on fat consumption to get enough calories. I’m a little more surprised to hear it tasted good.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It was a time when they were putting sawdust into bread, "tasted good" means "was palatable enough to be preferable to starvation"

E: also those diets were those of concentration camp prisoners -"Auf Kepplers Vermittlung wurde das Kunstfett versuchsweise etwa drei Jahre den Häftlingen des Konzentrationslagers Sachsenhausen ausgeteilt.[5] 1941/1942 stellte Imhausen in einer Großanlage monatlich 250 t künstliches Speisefett her.[1]"

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 10, 2024

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

steinrokkan posted:

Mostly different use cases, there's no conflict, only harmony
There's butter and garlic dipping sauce, which can often be had with pizza. There's also garlic infused olive oil. Would that be good for pizza dipping?

mystes
May 31, 2006

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

SlothfulCobra posted:

Everything can be made from corn.

Iowa's only use.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

It was a time when they were putting sawdust into bread, "tasted good" means "was palatable enough to be preferable to starvation"

E: also those diets were those of concentration camp prisoners -"Auf Kepplers Vermittlung wurde das Kunstfett versuchsweise etwa drei Jahre den Häftlingen des Konzentrationslagers Sachsenhausen ausgeteilt.[5] 1941/1942 stellte Imhausen in einer Großanlage monatlich 250 t künstliches Speisefett her.[1]"

Original flavor Fanta sounds interesting, but I have no idea what whey tastes like.

Technically you can synthesize a lot of organic chemistry out of coal because it's still mostly carbon even if it's been dead and in the ground for millions of years. I know I read about it when I was looking into artificial flavorings, but I'd be uncomfortable about using it as butter and getting a sizable amount of your calories from it (some people are uncomfortable about synthesizing flavor chemicals with it, which is why it's labeled artificial).

That's why these days they usually synthesize most of those chemicals from corn (natural flavoring).

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Yeah, the early 90's were indeed humanities peak when it came to condiments.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The James Webb telescope's shots of Jupiter are just amazing.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The James Webb telescope's shots of Jupiter are just amazing.

I think I can see Jupiter's Great Red Spot. ...it's brown'ish pink.

oh god what horrors that storm must hold. :stonk:

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Omelette pizza, left barf

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Attempt no landing here

TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE '2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPıTER

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I would rather eat an actual Toynbee tile than that pizzstrocity

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

this thing has truly vexing cheese topology

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Ps they still put sawdust in food they call it powdered cellulose or similar. Low carb bread exists for some insane reason and it's full of that poo poo, tastes almost like how lumber smells. Same thing with those vile tortillas

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i have an all psyllium husk-based diet, it's gonna be the next big thing

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

I did the pizza hut $12 pizza. upscaled because i'm not goint to not get stuffed crust. I picked a taco pizza and loaded it til the site told me to stop. These fuckhats didn't even put Doritos on it and it actually was probably the worse pizza I ever ordered. I don't think there was much of an issue with stuff not cooking, and maybe it was that I loaded a taco pizza with a bunch of poo poo... or maybe they didn't put Doritios on a loving taco pizza. no sour cream, no loving taco sauce. FFS, I would have rather walked a mile to a spot and spent the $23(because obviously there's like piles of random delivery and processing fees) on a pizza from LC and a 6pack of yum beer.
I'd be uploading a picture, but I refuse to look at this loving pizza again tonight. I ate 3 slices several hours ago and gently caress PizzaHut. The stuffed crust was the good part, also, yea when I get a chance I'll take a pic and it actually looks way better than it is.
So, probably don't load the poo poo out of a pizza just because they let you. And never order a taco pizza without Doritos.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
LIDAR scanned za, trying to determine where to cut without squelching juices all over

His and hers carbonized & sopping, v romantic

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I couldn't imagine any 12 topping pizza being good.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I couldn't imagine any 12 topping pizza being good.

8 is pushing it pretty hard, but can be decent for a very meaty pie. Lol, pizzahut has like 15 toppings anyways so you pretty much have to pick everything on the site. 3-4 is probably peak.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
I don't think you ordered well.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
there's a bit in one of the TMNT movies from the last decade about a 100 cheese pizza and it makes me wonder if such a thing could be done and if I would even be any good

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Light Gun Man posted:

there's a bit in one of the TMNT movies from the last decade about a 100 cheese pizza and it makes me wonder if such a thing could be done and if I would even be any good
Berlin restaurant creates world's cheesiest pizza containing 111 different types of cheese?

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Yeah I figured someone doing it would go that route: you can use all the cheeses you want if you only just use a tiny bit of each.

Hell, just take all those cheeses and grate them all together so you get a mix that you can claim is whatever number of cheeses but still only use the same amount of cheese you normally would because you can just grab a handful from the mix bag and throw it on there and charge like 10 times the prices because number big and churn them out all day to tourists.

Probably tastes like poo poo.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Yeah, if you mix them all I assume there would be a few strong cheeses that would just overpower every thing else.

Think that would probably still happen in the 111 ones way. Although yeah honestly I'm not sure I'd be able to tell the difference between a lot of those 111 cheeses.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Over here trying to name a hundred cheeses like that guy from Best in Show

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Soul Dentist posted:

Over here trying to name a hundred cheeses like that guy from Best in Show

That was a wonderful movie!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3COpxKYnjPY

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Light Gun Man posted:

The pizza place across the street from my block made the news a bit when they made actual 101-cheese pizzas:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/fn-dish/news/2017/05/this-pizza-was-made-with-101-cheeses

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

:lol: I've never seen this, but it's on my list now.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Catastrophe posted:

The pizza place across the street from my block made the news a bit when they made actual 101-cheese pizzas:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/fn-dish/news/2017/05/this-pizza-was-made-with-101-cheeses

Congratulations to them actually cutting a real coherent slice rather than the Germans either faking for the stretch or just having way too much melted cheese so that it's more of a soup.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

other people posted:

I don't think you ordered well.

Are you kidding those nachos look delicious

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

nesamdoom posted:

I did the pizza hut $12 pizza. upscaled because i'm not goint to not get stuffed crust. I picked a taco pizza and loaded it til the site told me to stop. These fuckhats didn't even put Doritos on it and it actually was probably the worse pizza I ever ordered. I don't think there was much of an issue with stuff not cooking, and maybe it was that I loaded a taco pizza with a bunch of poo poo... or maybe they didn't put Doritios on a loving taco pizza. no sour cream, no loving taco sauce. FFS, I would have rather walked a mile to a spot and spent the $23(because obviously there's like piles of random delivery and processing fees) on a pizza from LC and a 6pack of yum beer.
I'd be uploading a picture, but I refuse to look at this loving pizza again tonight. I ate 3 slices several hours ago and gently caress PizzaHut. The stuffed crust was the good part, also, yea when I get a chance I'll take a pic and it actually looks way better than it is.
So, probably don't load the poo poo out of a pizza just because they let you. And never order a taco pizza without Doritos.

You played yourself

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

nesamdoom posted:

nesamdoom posted:

8 is pushing it pretty hard, but can be decent for a very meaty pie. Lol, pizzahut has like 15 toppings anyways so you pretty much have to pick everything on the site. 3-4 is probably peak.

My Pizza Hut does not offer a taco pizza but if they did I sure as hell wouldn't order one from them. That looks terrible. :(

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Desert Bus posted:

My Pizza Hut does not offer a taco pizza but if they did I sure as hell wouldn't order one from them. That looks terrible. :(

There is way better options for a taco pizza here. I did this for science.
The bean sauce was not enough and the whole thing was pretty dry.
The one thing that did anything good was the tomatoes on it.
I couldn't really tell ingredients apart with each bite being so many. Other than the onions which I'd have rather not had cooked.

titty_baby_ posted:

You played yourself

This is an accurate summary of my experience.

Less Is Definitely
Jan 10, 2012
Mary House Pizzeria Frozen Pizza

Delicious cheese surprise

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

nesamdoom posted:

:lol: I've never seen this, but it's on my list now.

It's a must-see for anyone who liked Spinal Tap etc

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Less Is Definitely posted:

Delicious cheese surprise

lol pwnd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

nesamdoom posted:

There is way better options for a taco pizza here. I did this for science.
The bean sauce was not enough and the whole thing was pretty dry.
The one thing that did anything good was the tomatoes on it.
I couldn't really tell ingredients apart with each bite being so many. Other than the onions which I'd have rather not had cooked.

This is an accurate summary of my experience.

One of my local places does a chalupa pizza with a crispy thin crust, refried beans, cheese, beef, onions, lettuce, and tomato that is pretty fire