Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Full Resurgence card looks good and my pin board theory of the Young Bucks being HoT adjacent still holds water drat it

Gonna miss it live cause going to Collision in Vancouver though and I do wish they had picked a different date for the NJPW show cause I wanted ELP at least for an ROH match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I really do love that SchadenTekkers shirt.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Full Resurgence card looks good and my pin board theory of the Young Bucks being HoT adjacent still holds water drat it

I've basically given up on AEW again because I've just run out of time, but wouldn't that also make Okada HoT adjacent? That's funny.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Barry Bluejeans posted:

this feels like a ritual concocted specifically to annoy non-Japanese audiences

Despe is extremely online and absolutely knows the discourse lol

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Despy can do what the gently caress he likes with House of Torture so long as we get him & Jun Kasai in a deathmatch again, either as partners or as opponents. Always good for a 10 top on my MOTY list

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Gabe Kidd just did the funniest thing at All Together. Continuing the trend of Kaito Kiyomiya getting humiliated on big stages, the War Dogs beat him down after the main event, Gabe challenged for the GHC Heavyweight belt then walked out of the arena with it. Just another day at the office for the madman

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SG Bamboo posted:

Gabe Kidd just did the funniest thing at All Together. Continuing the trend of Kaito Kiyomiya getting humiliated on big stages, the War Dogs beat him down after the main event, Gabe challenged for the GHC Heavyweight belt then walked out of the arena with it. Just another day at the office for the madman

Wrap it up Kaitailures

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

gently caress it, I hope he wins

Continue the humiliation

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Despe is extremely online and absolutely knows the discourse lol

god bless then, if Despe gets a kick out of it who am I to complain

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Okay, kinda don't really get what the point of that whole losing the belt, then almost immediately regaining it back was, but then Finlay does absolutely nothing for me as leader of the Bullet Club so I'm not the target audience here :shrug:

Bit late and I'm kicking myself for not realising sooner: it's almost definitely not the original plan. But Nemeth just won the AAA title and NJPW plus AAA guys...

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Bit late and I'm kicking myself for not realising sooner: it's almost definitely not the original plan. But Nemeth just won the AAA title and NJPW plus AAA guys...

I think it probably was the plan but tanahashi getting injured meant they had to go the long way around. It was originally going to be nemeth v tanahashi at sakura genesis. They probably agreed to two dates in Japan post the 2 at new beginning (which would be 5 in total which sounds about right) with Nemeth and that's why they didn't replace the match on the card. Nemeth wrestling tanahashi I assume was part of the deal

Why did they do the title change ? Cause they like to move titles around like that

Burn Down Canberra fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 7, 2024

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Also for those who didn't watch the New Japan Cup the last couple days, Finlay is out of the tournament due to being hospitalized before his match with Goto. Apparently he was having very bad vision issues, which is pretty unsettling. Hope he is okay.

In today's Observer Dave said he had neck swelling that compressed an artery and blocked blood flowing to his brain, causing dizziness and the vision issues :stare: Thankfully/obviously he's recovered and been cleared since, but jesus. Rough year of close calls for War Dogs

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Great card for tomorrow night! Shame it's up against Collision but I'll watch this live and AEW on Sunday, as I usually do anyway.

IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Jon Moxley defends against Shota Umino
NJPW Strong Openweight Champion Eddie Kingston defends against Gabe Kidd in a No Ropes Last Man Standing match
NEVER Openweight Champion Shingo Takagi defends against Yuya Uemura
NJPW Strong Women’s Champion Stephanie Vaquer defends against Alex Windsor
NJPW World Television title: Jeff Cobb defends against Lance Archer
NJPW Strong Tag Team Champion TMDK (Mikey Nicholls and Shane Haste) defends against Guerillas of Destiny (El Phantasmo and Hikuleo)
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Tetsuya Naito & Yota Tsuji vs. KENTA & David Finlay
Tom Lawlor & Fred Rosser vs. Jorel Nelson & Royce Isaacs
The DKC, Rocky Romero, and Tomohiro Ishii vs. Jack Perry, Ren Narita, and EVIL
Kickoff: Mustafa Ali vs. Lio Rush
Kickoff: Matt Vandagriff vs. Adrian Quest

I do wish they'd mix up the tag division, but I've been saying that more or less since I started watching.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Chris James 2 posted:

In today's Observer Dave said he had neck swelling that compressed an artery and blocked blood flowing to his brain, causing dizziness and the vision issues :stare: Thankfully/obviously he's recovered and been cleared since, but jesus. Rough year of close calls for War Dogs

drat, really glad he's okay now.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
drat that’s an early show. Rare NJPW I can’t watch because of the NBA.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hoping to catch Resurgence if I can, the card looks great, wish it wasn't on at the same time as Collision thought.

Anyways, Night 1 of BOSJ starts in just under an hour! Stream is currently running though just doing the soundchecks and playing their in-house ads at the moment.

forkboy84 posted:

4pm JST/6pm AEDT/8am BST/3am EDT/12am PDT

New Japan Best of the Super Juniors 31 Night 1
YohaS Arena, Chiba
BOSJ B Block: Dragon Dia vs Francesco Akira
BOSJ A Block: BUSHI vs HAYATA
BOSJ B Block: Ninja Mack vs Robbie Eagles
BOSJ A Block: Kosei Fujita vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru
BOSJ B Block: Drilla Moloney vs SHO
BOSJ A Block: Blake Christian vs Clark Connors
BOSJ B Block: DOUKI vs Taiji Ishimori
BOSJ A Block: Kevin Knight vs TJP
BOSJ B Block: Hiromu Takahashi vs KUSHIDA
BOSJ A Block: El Desperado vs Titán
Live on NJPW World

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I'm at my Dads birthday dinner so I'll miss this bad boy live but I did see on twitter that walker has resolved his visa issues so the young giant will hopefully be back next week some time

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Happy Birthday to Mr. Burn Down Canberra's Dad :toot:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Happy Birthday to Mr. Burn Down Canberra's Dad :toot:

Cheers

I am here for hayata v bushi though. I can't miss this battle of the greats

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Cheers

I am here for hayata v bushi though. I can't miss this battle of the greats

It was a very whelming match!

But now it's Ninja Mack time! :hellyeah:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ninja Mack seemed genuinely surprised and pleased that the crowd took up the NINJA! chant :shobon:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Ninja Mack getting over in Japan still tickles me.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Mack wrestles like an action figure, and I mean that as a compliment.

EDIT: Mackmania is running wild

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Robbie: Twitter or whatever they're calling it nowadays.... Meta?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

...douki...

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I feel like I should be more into Hiromu / Kushida than I am

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lamuella posted:

I feel like I should be more into Hiromu / Kushida than I am

Same, but I do like that KUSHIDA finally gets a win over him.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Resurgence is only on NJPW World, right? I'd like to watch but I'm not interested enough to pay for it when Collision is on at the same time.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

Resurgence is only on NJPW World, right? I'd like to watch but I'm not interested enough to pay for it when Collision is on at the same time.

NJPW World PPV, which means an extra $20 even though the big events in Japan come with the $10 monthly subscription.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Resurgence main card starts at 7 so you'll only miss Rampage or the early matches on the PPV though I'm missing this live as I'm going to Collision live

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

I just finished up BosJ night one, and although there was nothing spectacular it was an easy watch. Enjoyed the Main event and semi main a lot, and the finishing sequence of the semi was great. Surprised to find that TJP vs. Kevin Knight was my MotN though!

It will be interesting to see how this year is booked. There are at least three possible redemption storylines with Hiromu, DOUKI, and KUSHIDA, but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes in a different direction. Preferably one which highlights Fujita - that German suplex was perfection!

I didn't even notice Wato had been missing until it was mentioned on commentary.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I think had wato not been missing he would probably be junior hw champ going into this

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i'm gonna work on the apreadsheet during the show tonignt and try to get poo poo udated tomorrow.

dontaku beng underwheming combined witjh real life issues kinda tempered my interest and then the site went down. bosj last year delivered and i'm hoping this gives the company a needed shot in the arm

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Trying to watch Resurgence, Collision/Rampage and Derrick Lewis all at the same time. This plan cannot fail.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lio hit puberty and his mist glands came in.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Lio hit puberty and his mist glands came in.

You want this thread friendo

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I've finally figured it out. EVIL is New Japan's Kane.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Just give him the belt, who cares anymore :negative:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Give him the presidency too while we're at it, unironically he can't do a worse job than Tana at this point.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Edward Mass posted:

I've finally figured it out. EVIL is New Japan's Kane.

I do find myself saying "hell no" a lot when he's on screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That made me imagine an EVIL and Danielson tag team and, so help me, I can't stop grinning.