Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Davros1 posted:

Don't you love it when you ship your Pile of Loot, and the moment it's out of the warehouse, something new drops into your pile?

Unrelated, my Quick Kick came in.

I mean, just last year I was expecting another 3 figures to come in soon, then kept not shipping my pile ( 2 figures ) for so long that it was 'forced to ship', and the next day ( Still not yet shipped out the other stuff, but it was 'processing' ), and they came in. -_-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

This is what I'd heard as well. It's a cool idea but I'm probably going to pass. $400 seems kind of steep and I'm more about the ships anyway, but who knows what kind of unlocks they'll throw at this thing.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
If you missed out on the big Bane from Todd a while back, he's returned with cel shading!

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1788962472931537323

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Why is Tim so big?!

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/new/products/ghostbusters-plasma-series-ecto-1-1984

The Ecto-1 reissue is up.

It's the one for the Ghostbusters who are reusing the old GI Joe body construction and design.

Those likely go on sale next month.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

The Last Call posted:

Why is Tim so big?!

Todd doesn’t recognize scale

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Joe Fisto posted:

Todd doesn’t recognize scale

Damnit Todd, scale isn't hard.

Stop feeding Tim his wheaties.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The worst example was the lanky Impulse figure. Cassandra Cain suffers from this a little bit, but is otherwise pretty awesome.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Grown up Static Shock was terrible too. Todd just doesn’t want to scale anyone. He just wants to make Batmans.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

Grown up Static Shock was terrible too. Todd just doesn’t want to scale anyone. He just wants to make Batmans.

I always hear him say “Batman sells” but I see a lot of Batman figs warming pegs, while figs like Hawkman or Wonder Woman are in short supply.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Joe Fisto posted:

I always hear him say “Batman sells” but I see a lot of Batman figs warming pegs, while figs like Hawkman or Wonder Woman are in short supply.

Probably because they produce 10x as many Batman figs.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Did anybody here grab that Baroness/Tomax/Xamot three pack? I'm thinking of grabbing it since I'm not too impressed by the first issue of the twins, but wonder how the swappable faces work on Baroness.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/art/f-014-ai-highlights-batmobile-1-18

For those who wanna make a new batmobile for their unending army from Todd.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Canopus250 posted:

Did anybody here grab that Baroness/Tomax/Xamot three pack? I'm thinking of grabbing it since I'm not too impressed by the first issue of the twins, but wonder how the swappable faces work on Baroness.

She has three heads and two hair pieces that you can swap onto any of the heads. They just slot in and stay put; if you have Zarana or Shipwreck it’s the same mechanic as for their hair.

The Twins are the same exact figures as the standard releases, the Baroness gets some minor sculpt upgrades with the double jointed elbows and all the new accessories. I was happy with it at full price, at a discount it’s even better.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Crimson Baroness is a huge improvement. Alas I just need this version in classic black.

The original Crimson twins sold poorly. So I wonder why Hasbro goes back to that well again instead of slotting in more popular proven characters for a fun exclusive? Unless they have a warehouse of extra twins they can easily redeco and need to unload, it never made much sense.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
I finaly found the WWE Superstars Andre and ha ha, holy poo poo, you can swap out his hair style!

Now I just need to scrounge up some spare MOTU gear and he'll fit right in with the origins figures.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

iceyman posted:

Crimson Baroness is a huge improvement. Alas I just need this version in classic black.

The original Crimson twins sold poorly. So I wonder why Hasbro goes back to that well again instead of slotting in more popular proven characters for a fun exclusive? Unless they have a warehouse of extra twins they can easily redeco and need to unload, it never made much sense.

Considering they're selling for $11 I'm figuring there is exactly a warehouse full of unsold twins.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The Twins do seem to have been over produced or not as popular as expected. Their original figures go for cheap.

I like the characters so I was happy to get the crimson version with Baroness. They all look great.

For those wondering about the Dragonfly on a show or two recently Emily said we should be getting an unboxing reveal coming and the Dragonfly itself should ship around late August or Fall.

She might have been playing safe with the date as she did the same with the HISS. That shipped when it was meant to.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bulimic Goku and lady Goku statue.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I don't know what's worse.

That it exist.
Or that I know why it exist.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Could be worse, could be launching android 17 out of his tail.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Could be worse, could be launching android 17 out of his tail.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Bulimic Goku and lady Goku statue.

Hard pass from me there, sculptor.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Todd’s making a Cyborg Superman!

Oh it’s the new 52 version

https://x.com/preterniadotcom/status/1790019754696008011?s=46

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

https://x.com/preterniadotcom/status/1790019754696008011?s=46

That’s fukkin wild

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Joe Fisto posted:

Oh!

Joe Fisto posted:

Oh.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Do you think Todd and his team ever get just absolutely sick of making Superman and Batman figures? It HAS to get boring after a while

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Louisgod posted:

Do you think Todd and his team ever get just absolutely sick of making Superman and Batman figures? It HAS to get boring after a while

What if they really like Batman and Superman?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Louisgod posted:

I’m surprised we haven’t seen a Composite Batman/Superman or two by now

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Todd can stop making Supermans once we get a really solid Christopher Reeve one.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
For Canadians that might want them:

Batman vs Bane : https://www.amazon.ca/Multiverse-Batman-Action-Figure-McFarlane/dp/B0CT5ZHW43/ref=zg_bs_g_6303769011_d_sccl_1/132-2620844-7674602?psc=1

Knightfall Batman (Black/Grey) https://www.amazon.ca/Multiverse-Batman-Knightfall-Action-McFarlane/dp/B0CVS9Z3DR/ref=zg_bs_g_6303769011_d_sccl_24/132-2620844-7674602?psc=1

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Todd can stop making Supermans once we get a really solid Christopher Reeve one.

I bought a custom Reeve head off some instagram guy cause I'm sick of this superman poo poo. So many god awful faces with goofy rear end grins. Its like Wonder Woman, he does 80 billion variants and alternate universe versions before he gives us one normal one. I'm sure if I was him I'd also be making what I want the fans be damned but I'm not so gently caress you Todd.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Louisgod posted:

Even Batman collectors must be sick of it, surely? If you’re hardcore, having to buy half to 3/4s of every wave has to be tiring and expensive.

Is there a complete list of mcfarlane DC figures anywhere? I’d love to see some data, run some numbers.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Louisgod posted:

Todd has burned too many bridges, any time he tries to sculpt a hero that isn't Batman or Superman he uncontrollably sculpts the face to look like someone who wrote the character and that Todd has beef with.

He has a dark closet full of figures that look unerringly like Neil Gaiman.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I saw the Mcfarlane Val-Zod Superman in GameStop the other day, and that is one terrible face sculpt.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It mostly annoys me that he'll make a cool character like Plastic Man a BAF.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

ML Zabu lookin' good

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Happy Birthday, George.

Double posted with focus on the back row

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Here is the latest McFarlane DC leak. All the previous leaks have been accurate.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Could use a little more Batman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I’m gonna pick up the Kilowog and Kyle set. Already have a Kyle, anyone interested in the spare?