Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Animeg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
ah, no, meg

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
黙って、メグちゃん!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Desert Bus posted:

The arm rotation is purely to keep the doll occupied, like playing with a baby that will kill you if you stop engaging it.

That, or a way to prove it's all one continuous video with no cuts or edits.

Willatron posted:

If somebody kidnapped a royal to make the UK PM gently caress a pig live on international television that'd be pretty funny though. 7/10 episode.

Personally I'd prefer NOT raping an animal or broadcasting it on international TV.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

I. M. Gei posted:

Personally I'd prefer NOT raping an animal or broadcasting it on international TV.

Who do you think you are, Morally Adept?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I. M. Gei posted:

I see you don't understand modern British politics or modern British television. These are a people who voted to gently caress their entire country while watching season 17 of a show about baking or a show on season 37 where 4 people you don't know make bad jokes.

The British people are absolutely starved for new content that can match their current degeneracy.

Pigs of Britain will be 6 30min episodes a season but will fun for decades, slowly getting more and more bizarre and people will LOVE it.

EDIT: i'm most excited for the Dr. Who crossover episode where the pig is actually a highly sentient alien and the Dr's gotta gently caress it to keep it from destroying Cardiff.

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 11, 2024

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Maybe make shows where a “season” isn’t 6 episodes?

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Desert Bus posted:

I see you don't understand modern British politics or modern British television. These are a people who voted to gently caress their entire country while watching season 17 of a show about baking or a show on season 37 where 4 people you don't know make bad jokes.

They even have tv shows where you watch not famous people watch tv shows. And you require a tv license to do it.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Desert Bus posted:

I didn't know The UK Office had 37 seasons.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Bald Stalin posted:

They even have tv shows where you watch not famous people watch tv shows. And you require a tv license to do it.

LOL I forgot all about that. The British pioneered reaction videos. They should sue all the YouTubes that do it.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I. M. Gei posted:

Don't worry about it, the pig is capable of consent and is explicitly down to clown.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
But enough about your mother.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Wall Balls posted:

the pig fucker episode is the best one! i'd have watched a lot more of that show if it was "The Thick of It, but a horror anthology"

Malcolm Tucker: You're a loving omnishambles!

Robed cultists: ooh, the omnishambles! It rises!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Rockman Reserve posted:

seriously, the rest of the episodes are speculation about letting technology consume more of our lives and the impact on our social structure

the first episode is “lol what if the prime minister hosed a pig on TV”

i’ve somehow seen it like three times and call me loving dense or whatever but it doesn’t have any themes or anything to say, it’s just sensationalist schlock surrounded by a flimsy “no no seriously it could happen!”

Throughout the episode, the government tries to handle the incident calmly and decently and explore other options for the princess' rescue, but they are unable to do this due to things like social media, mob mentality, dodgy journalism, etc. The ending is the entire population so wrapped up in the sensationalism of it all, they almost completely forget about the princess they claimed to care so much about, to the point that nobody's even around when she's released because they're too busy watching TV. Also, when the government relents and gives the people what they think they want, the people soon realize how horrible it is and feel sad and gross for it.

Willatron posted:

If somebody kidnapped a royal to make the UK PM gently caress a pig live on international television that'd be pretty funny though. 7/10 episode.

I. M. Gei posted:

Also, this is pretty much that episode in a nutshell, if you think about. The relevancy of Black Mirror strikes again!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Safety Dance posted:

Don't worry about it, the pig is capable of consent and is explicitly down to clown.

... like... on the show? Or can pigs do that in real life?

This is not a question I want to have. My life is not enriched from knowing if a farm animal is capable of consent or not.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 00:32 on May 12, 2024

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

One of the most popular British shows is a show where you watch random people watch other shows and comment on them. Not in a funny MST3k style, just like watching TV with your boomer parents. It's run for 30 seasons in multiple forms for over a decade.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gogglebox

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Knormal posted:

One of the most popular British shows is a show where you watch random people watch other shows and comment on them. Not in a funny MST3k style, just like watching TV with your boomer parents. It's run for 30 seasons in multiple forms for over a decade.

Of course they named it some twee nonsense name.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Scratch Monkey posted:

Maybe make shows where a “season” isn’t 6 episodes?

This is one aspect of their culture that I actually appreciate. Take all the best Seinfeld jokes each season and compress them down into 6 absolutely solid gold episodes every year.

I. M. Gei posted:

... like... on the show? Or can pigs do that in real life?

This is not a question I want to have. My life is not enriched from knowing if a farm animal is capable of consent or not.

Two legs bad! Four on the floor good!

McGavin posted:

Of course they named it some twee nonsense name.

e:

Knormal posted:

wikipedia posted:

The success of Gogglebox spawned three spin-off series, including a version featuring children (Gogglesprogs), a version featuring 16- to 24-year-olds as they watch online content (Vlogglebox) and a version featuring celebrities (Celebrity Gogglebox).

Nevermind, I was wrong, nuke the island from orbit it's the only way to be sure.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 12, 2024

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
I love how all the future dystopias prior to the late nineties were about controlling the masses through violent spectacles like Death Race, Running Man and Rollerball, but we actually end up being controlled by cheap reality TV.

*throws spiked helmet to the ground and cries into silver spandex battle suit*

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

They need to make a Gogglebox Gogglebox where you watch people watch and react to Gogglebox.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Desert Bus posted:

They need to make a Gogglebox Gogglebox where you watch people watch and react to Gogglebox.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

quote:

a version featuring celebrities (Celebrity Gogglebox).

Wait, so the regular version doesn't have celebrities? Is it just like some old people they found on the street or something?

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Cool Dad posted:

Wait, so the regular version doesn't have celebrities? Is it just like some old people they found on the street or something?

Wikipedia says they found some of them at a Bridge Club and a hair salon.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

You can find episodes on YouTube and the UK must get some real good drugs? Doesn't make sense otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpVa-n4A9cU

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
30 seasons of a BBC show... That's like 50 episodes!

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
series

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Desert Bus posted:

You can find episodes on YouTube and the UK must get some real good drugs? Doesn't make sense otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpVa-n4A9cU

I'm the guy parking filthy work boots 6 inches away from... well... I'm not quite sure :raise: Looks like it's supposed to be food so that's a bit rude at best.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Takes No Damage posted:

I'm the guy parking filthy work boots 6 inches away from... well... I'm not quite sure :raise: Looks like it's supposed to be food so that's a bit rude at best.

I mean, it's British food, that could provide some valuable flavor

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Takes No Damage posted:

You've never had halved hot dogs with butter chunks? I don't know what they're called in the UK

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Looks like eclairs and some kind of cakes.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

I like caks

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Desert Bus posted:

You've never had halved hot dogs with butter chunks? I don't know what they're called in the UK

Butty Corgers.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Takes No Damage posted:

I'm the guy parking filthy work boots 6 inches away from... well... I'm not quite sure :raise: Looks like it's supposed to be food so that's a bit rude at best.]

It's a bowl of strawberries, or as they say in Britain, a scupper of nummytumbles.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Knormal posted:

what in tarnation

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Knormal posted:

how the gently caress did britain ever own a quarter of the entire earth??

'youre part of our empire now and there's nothing you can do to stop it. we're gonna destroy your civilization and if you want to watch gogglebox with your nan please make sure youve got a telly license'

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

R.L. Stine posted:

Violence and technological superiority.
It's easy to tell people what to do when you've got a machinegun aimed at them.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

By popular demand posted:

Also a good example of the benefits/drawbacks of isolationism. They basically played a global game of Mega Man, once they got a couple of different weapons they could just steamroll the rest of the bosses countries.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

By popular demand posted:

hm, I suspect americans might have learned that particular trick.

R.L. Stine posted:

we wuz just borrowing it, you can have it back now (all resources depleted....)

Your Pug AV is fab mate.

staberind fucked around with this message at 08:08 on May 12, 2024

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/IMKn9pK.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

So Chan was not the great sorcerer he claimed himself to be, this 'army of ravenous raptors' he said his death will summon doesn't fill me with dread.