Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

dang no Ego Trip or blu-ray. bummer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

That is a bummer. Ego Trip was the first time I got excited about a TELEVISION EVENT!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

if you're a sicko like me who needs to make sure they get the Taxi Driver Steelbook

https://x.com/diabolikdvd/status/1788926683619196929

Diabolik has an allotment of an undisclosed amount. Put my order in ASAP even if the shot during the gun sale is wrong (but boy do I hope they fix it)

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

those bastards at Shout got me again with their "these are the last ones with slipcovers" email...

It's also my birthday this weekend so the wallet is wide open.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Radiance announced their August preorders

Viva la Muerte
Tokijiro: Lone Yakuza
Italian Connection
World Noir vol 2 (Black Gravel, Symphony for a Massacre and Cruel Gun Story)

World Noir vol 2 is region B, everything else is region-free/US-included

https://twitter.com/FilmsRadiance/status/1788132877332324589

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Cruel Gun Story loving rocks. I have that Eclipse Nikkatsu Noir DVD set and that was one of the stand out pictures of the set.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

goddamnit I was excited for that documentary about The Tunnel, but it turns out it's mainly about the movie's financing and release schemes. I turned that boring poo poo off 5 minutes in.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Picked up Seventh Seal on Blu Ray for $20 at the local place, the Criterion online store wanted $50 plus shipping. Ridiculous

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Found a still in shrink copy of Hobo With A Shotgun for $6 at the record store.

Hell yea!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I found one at the dollar tree a few years back.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Somebody just handed me a copy when I was at the farmer’s market.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Is there a decent collection type site for DVDs and Blu-rays sort of like pricecharting.com for games or discogs for music? Blu-ray.com seemed like a decent option.....but it's pretty limited.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

Picked up Seventh Seal on Blu Ray for $20 at the local place, the Criterion online store wanted $50 plus shipping. Ridiculous

Yeah buying Criterion at full price is not recommended

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Is there a decent collection type site for DVDs and Blu-rays sort of like pricecharting.com for games or discogs for music? Blu-ray.com seemed like a decent option.....but it's pretty limited.

At one time they attempted to make a Filmogs website but it didn't take hold.

Tesh
Jun 30, 2002

If humans were cookies, I'd be the cookie monster.

Did anyone pick up Stop Making Sense from the A24 shop? Has yours shipped yet?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Tesh posted:

I ordered it back in January. It just shipped yesterday. I should get it Wednesday. Will give a trip report.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Also just got my Stop Making Sense shipping notification. Expecting that and Pi.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Their My Movies app seems surprisingly good and lets me scan barcodes, but idk about websites. A lot of the options in general I see recommended elsewhere (apps and sites, CLZ/Collectorz is one I keep seeing for example) seem subscription-based, which I'm just not a fan of for something that's the equivalent of a spreadsheet

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Tesh posted:

A co-worker of mine pre-ordered it last week and got it yesterday.

I pre-ordered it back when it was announced and haven’t received a shipping notification.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

dorium posted:

A co-worker of mine pre-ordered it last week and got it yesterday.

I pre-ordered it back when it was announced and haven’t received a shipping notification.

Email them and you’ll get the tracking number. For some reason I never got a notification either but mine's already on the way.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

Their My Movies app seems surprisingly good and lets me scan barcodes, but idk about websites. A lot of the options in general I see recommended elsewhere (apps and sites, CLZ/Collectorz is one I keep seeing for example) seem subscription-based, which I'm just not a fan of for something that's the equivalent of a spreadsheet

Physical movies and TV just aren't widespread enough anymore I guess.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

I use the free version of Libib, but i'm really disappointed by the interface. the scanner works OK but sometimes balks on boutiques. I'll have to see if I can export a CSV and try different apps

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Finally, Stop Making Sense arrived in the mail. Nice slipcase. The booklet has some cool photos.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

How big is it size wise? I couldn't tell if it was just a normal case size comparable to their Marcel the Shell release, or if it was a big box. I should probably order it soon either way.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

How big is it size wise? I couldn't tell if it was just a normal case size comparable to their Marcel the Shell release, or if it was a big box. I should probably order it soon either way.

A bit bigger

I think it's supposed look like an old CD longbox. The disc itself looks like an old school audio CD. Just text with no images or anything fancy.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Really wish it wasn't so drat expensive, I'd have it in a heartbeat.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Criterion 30% off sale now through the 27th :rip:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

If you're looking for The Elephant Man it's currently cheaper on Amazon than it is on Criterion's website. Next paycheck I'm probably going to get Inside Llewyn Davis and maybe preorder Bound.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Also, you can thank my partner for this one, as they had just impulse bought the Blu-Ray the week before.

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1788965251557306746?t=lp4msI_FbLixmQO49s3dUQ&s=19

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I wasn’t familiar with the Kino Cult line so I looked it up, of the seven films currently available, two are by Jess Franco.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
That's a plus imo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Know thy audience

:getin:

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Blue Underground has been doing amazing things with their 4k Jess Franco films.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I really need to search around for all the Jess francos available

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Any Goofy Goobers here?

quote:

Paramount Home Media Distribution will celebrate the 20th anniversary of The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (2004) with a brand new 4K Blu-ray release, which is scheduled to arrive on the market on July 16th.

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=34504

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 14, 2024

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

drat I want it, but I also have that 3 disc boxset with all the movies... but I guess I could buy it...

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

my copy of Once Upon A Time in the West arrived, but the more I'm reading on it the more I'm seeing people are really not liking it. Might have to wait for a review to drop.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Gripweed posted:

I wasn’t familiar with the Kino Cult line so I looked it up, of the seven films currently available, two are by Jess Franco.

Lorna the Exorcist loving rules, a very unpleasant and interesting sex film. Sinner’s for serious devotees only imo.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Criterion's next batch:

*2 Albert Brooks titles, Mother and Real Life
*Bertolucci's The Last Emperor
*Martha Coolidge's Not a Pretty Picture
*Brief Encounters / The Long Farewell: Two Films by Kira Muratova

https://www.criterion.com/shop/browse?popular=coming-soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

dorium posted:

my copy of Once Upon A Time in the West arrived, but the more I'm reading on it the more I'm seeing people are really not liking it. Might have to wait for a review to drop.

Mine showed up today and I just said gently caress it and opened it and put it in the player.

Honestly, I think it looks good.