Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Nazzadan posted:

I made an RYM list of Warhammer metal ranging from super overt stuff like Bolt Thrower's Realm of Chaos to bands that have 1 bonus track that is about Abaddon or some poo poo. Figured I would post it here in addition to the metal thread, somehow a list like this didn't already exist on RYM

gently caress yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

What time does stuff usually go on sale on Saturdays? I want that Badrukk, uh, bad

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster posted:

This naming scheme is never confusing

Your could go with GWs Adjective-Verb-Noun's style of confusing or you have Infinity's "Number + Random foreign word" Asssult Battalion

Frog Act posted:

What time does stuff usually go on sale on Saturdays? I want that Badrukk, uh, bad

10am local time

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Z the IVth posted:

Your could go with GWs Adjective-Verb-Noun's style of confusing or you have Infinity's "Number + Random foreign word" Asssult Battalion

10am local time

thanks! I wonder if something has gone awry or I'm missing something, I don't see 'em in the store but clicking a reddit link to the british one, they're up. oh well I'm sure they'll be on there at some point today, it's only 10:30 AM EST

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

It will be 10am Pacific time for america

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

oh okay, I was getting worried I somehow missed a very brief window. cool thanks

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
I foolishly ordered the CSM battleforces from some 3rd party instead of GW and they just refunded me. They are keeping them to eBay scalp :(

Decorus
Aug 26, 2015
I finished upgrading my Sentinels with hunter-killer missiles. Hopefully these additions, along with the ones for my Chimeras, will give my boys a fighting chance in the future.

I particularly like how the middle one turned out, with the missile slightly lower down. The others had lascannon batteries in the way.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I went to GW to order the CSM limited edition codex from their terminal and lost my order after I typed in my address. poo poo's wild.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Getting me a badrukk because he's cool, legends be damned.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Did some light priming in order to get some uniform coloring on the models and then banged out smoke for the trukk in about 10 minutes with some cotton and wood glue. I forgot how I made the smoke for my termite drills (which look immensely better than this), so I'm going to have to figure out how I did the older models methods for any future smoke project.

Ork Trukk

Iron Warriors Sturmtiger/Malcador kitbash tank

This thing is loving huge

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'm convinced that the Ork players are the heart and soul of the hobby and if GW was smart they'd switch gears and cater to them for like an entire goddamn year instead of giving Space Marines stuff every other week. Just release upgrade kits and greeble boxes and an endless supply of stuff they can use for literally everything.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Some of the Celestial Lions that I've done over the past 6 months.

Thanks again to Bucnasty and Muir for the MK7 heads.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

AndyElusive posted:

I'm convinced that the Ork players are the heart and soul of the hobby and if GW was smart they'd switch gears and cater to them for like an entire goddamn year instead of giving Space Marines stuff every other week. Just release upgrade kits and greeble boxes and an endless supply of stuff they can use for literally everything.

Can't pay the bills with hearts or souls. Yet, anyway.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

AndyElusive posted:

Don't you remember Orktober!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Don't you remember Orktober!
What the hell happened with Orktober anyway, it sounds like somehow it birthed Goonhammer

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
GW had hyped Orktober as this big love letter to Ork players for like two months. And then radio silence until the last weekend where they announce two new buggy sculpts and a fomo board game that would get you early access to them.

It became a meme in the death thread as a sign of how bad GW had gotten.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

GW had hyped Orktober as this big love letter to Ork players for like two months. And then radio silence until the last weekend where they announce two new buggy sculpts and a fomo board game that would get you early access to them.

This has happened multiple times in the past and it's honestly just funny to me how consistently awful they are at following through on what should be the easiest layup of all time

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

I honestly can't remember them giving a poo poo at all about orks during October for several years now.

It's so stupid

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
people always forget that most gw announcements are a handful of kits instead of a line refresh and get themselves overhyped and then disappointed when it isn't what they imagined.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

If I was GW I would be showing off greenskin player builds, lists, kitbashes, and paint jobs for October. Hell throw in a percentage off certain ork kits too for the month as well (even if it's only 10%)

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

You could release the most useless little grot model at 25 dollars a pop every October from now until the end of time and Ork players would eat that poo poo up

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It was six entirely new vehicles

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Give me a new Freebootaz army and i am 100% buying all of them

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The Demilich posted:

If I was GW I would be showing off greenskin player builds, lists, kitbashes, and paint jobs for October. Hell throw in a percentage off certain ork kits too for the month as well (even if it's only 10%)
You could even do a little graphical theme thing for Ork takeover. Hell, you could probably do a monthly event for every faction. Unsure who gets Christmas. Sororitas? Mechanicus?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Surely the Sisters who resurrect on the regular should be Easter

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Improbable Lobster posted:

people always forget that most gw announcements are a handful of kits instead of a line refresh and get themselves overhyped and then disappointed when it isn't what they imagined.

Because they've learnt their lesson, there's purchaser fatigue - If you release a whole army at once, you don't sell as much as always having something new for forces every month. You lose out on the hype train, but do far better commercially.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That's a pretty inaccurate description of what happened though. WarCom spent the first half of that month pushing the Speed Freeks boardgame and new buggy models. Then once that went up for preorder they spent a while previewing what was in the next (8E) Ork codex which released at the end of October, along with the 6 individually-boxed buggy kits.

It became a meme because some folks who clearly had no clue how marketing works were all shocked over GW not putting the new toys on sale at the start of October, even though that would have meant WarCom having no new content left to show off for the rest of the month. Orkotober was always an obvious marketing exercise, yet somehow it still surprised people that time was spent on posting marketing articles.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Okay, how does this list look? Really wishing I'd have played more with my only fully painted army since the codex came out.

Overlord with the Warriors for free Cynosure of Eradication. Plasmancer with Immortals for 5+ Tesla crits and Wound rerolls. Technomancer with Wraiths for for Infiltrate + FNP.

EDIT: Just read the free strat is only for the unit he's leading, so might change the Overlord to a Chronomancer. Or drop a Scarab and add Imhotek for extra command points.

Went with the Doomstalker over LHDs for the hit re-rolls.

1K Tournament CC (995 points)

Necrons
Incursion (1000 points)
Canoptek Court

CHARACTERS

Overlord with Translocation Shroud (85 points)
• Warlord
• 1x Overlord’s blade
1x Resurrection Orb

Plasmancer (80 points)
• 1x Plasmic lance
• Enhancement: Hyperphasic Fulcrum

Technomancer (105 points)
• 1x Staff of light
• Enhancement: Dimensional Sanctum

BATTLELINE

Immortals (150 points)
• 10x Immortal
• 10x Close combat weapon
10x Tesla carbine

Necron Warriors (100 points)
• 10x Necron Warrior
10x Gauss flayer

OTHER DATASHEETS

Canoptek Doomstalker (135 points)
• 1x Doomsday blaster
1x Doomstalker limbs
1x Twin gauss flayer

Canoptek Scarab Swarms (40 points)
• 3x Canoptek Scarab Swarm
• 3x Feeder mandibles

• 3x Feeder mandibles

• 3x Feeder mandibles

Canoptek Wraiths (220 points)
• 6x Canoptek Wraith
• 6x Transdimensional beamer
6x Vicious claws

Exported with App Version: v1.14.0 (42), Data Version: v379

Devorum fucked around with this message at 13:03 on May 12, 2024

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Nessus posted:

You could even do a little graphical theme thing for Ork takeover. Hell, you could probably do a monthly event for every faction. Unsure who gets Christmas. Sororitas? Mechanicus?

Sororitember

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

Deathguard December with Santa Typhus

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Celebrating Xmas with Khorne Kringle bringing everyone the gift of slaughter.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

We have all forgotten the true meaning of Sanguinalia.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Dry brush white, speed paint zealot yellow, and a thin coat of Averland Yellow on top actually produced a good looking pair of pants that isn’t splotchy or covered in brush marks, I couldn’t make that happen to save my life with Flash Gitz Yellow

Frog Act fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 12, 2024

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Devorum posted:

Okay, how does this list look? Really wishing I'd have played more with my only fully painted army since the codex came out.

Overlord with the Warriors for free Cynosure of Eradication. Plasmancer with Immortals for 5+ Tesla crits and Wound rerolls. Technomancer with Wraiths for for Infiltrate + FNP.

EDIT: Just read the free strat is only for the unit he's leading, so might change the Overlord to a Chronomancer. Or drop a Scarab and add Imhotek for extra command points.

Went with the Doomstalker over LHDs for the hit re-rolls.

1K Tournament CC (995 points)

Necrons
Incursion (1000 points)
Canoptek Court

CHARACTERS

Overlord with Translocation Shroud (85 points)
• Warlord
• 1x Overlord’s blade
1x Resurrection Orb

Plasmancer (80 points)
• 1x Plasmic lance
• Enhancement: Hyperphasic Fulcrum

Technomancer (105 points)
• 1x Staff of light
• Enhancement: Dimensional Sanctum

BATTLELINE

Immortals (150 points)
• 10x Immortal
10x Tesla carbine

Necron Warriors (100 points)
• 10x Necron Warrior
10x Gauss flayer

OTHER DATASHEETS

Canoptek Doomstalker (135 points)
• 1x Doomsday blaster
1x Doomstalker limbs
1x Twin gauss flayer

• 3x Feeder mandibles

• 3x Feeder mandibles

• 3x Feeder mandibles

Canoptek Wraiths (220 points)
• 6x Canoptek Wraith
• 6x Transdimensional beamer
6x Vicious claws

Exported with App Version: v1.14.0 (42), Data Version: v379

Just bumping this cause I don't know anything about building Necron lists but want to know you're seen, friend

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

How many armies do you need before you have to admit that you have a problem.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Lostconfused posted:

Painted or unpainted?

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lostconfused posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I only have one army, the Imperium.