Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Oh I know you don't have sex, Hank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/woman-found-living-michigan-grocery-store-sign-complete-computer-keuri-rcna151750

Keeping Chuck Mangione's legacy alive.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Been watching a lot and figured out the exact moment when the tone of the show changes permanently. It’s the episode with dale donating a kidney to the funny car driver

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Combined with the post before I had to check to make sure he was still alive, Simpson Thread would totally have announced the death like that.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Been watching a lot and figured out the exact moment when the tone of the show changes permanently. It’s the episode with dale donating a kidney to the funny car driver

On its own? Still not a bad episode though.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
That is the tipping point where the characters become parodies of themselves yes. Still funny but past any point of being “grounded”

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Chuck Mangione is pretty cool, fyi. Lots of great tunes and no "controversy" section on his wikipedia page.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

beepo posted:

Chuck Mangione is pretty cool, fyi. Lots of great tunes and no "controversy" section on his wikipedia page.

Yet

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

beepo posted:

He failed anger management!

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What do you expect? He's not a chick, he's a dude!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

dolphinbomb posted:

What do you expect? He's not a chick, he's a dude!

This is such a great gag, it took me 3-4 viewing before I realized the instructor made the exact same mistake with Hank's name 10 seconds before and Hank shows he can handle his anger and frustration.

Then Chick Mangione steps up and NOPE

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Ever since the explosion every song I play sounds like Feel So Good.

Maybe that's because it does "feel so good". To be alive.

No that's not it...

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Why, after the explosion, does Hank pour his beer into a plastic cup instead of drinking it out the can. I wondered if he was scared of the can exploding but he opens it himself no problem and then pours it into a cup. Idk I guess just to show he's acting unusual because he's shook up. A few things about KotH like this keep me up at night. Did Hank actually think Weird Al had shot himself or was he making it up to dissuade Bobby from doing song parodies?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Another Bill posted:

This is such a great gag, it took me 3-4 viewing before I realized the instructor made the exact same mistake with Hank's name 10 seconds before and Hank shows he can handle his anger and frustration.

Then Chick Mangione steps up and NOPE

I had to fail him, he literally died of rage.

you broke my grill posted:

Why, after the explosion, does Hank pour his beer into a plastic cup instead of drinking it out the can. I wondered if he was scared of the can exploding but he opens it himself no problem and then pours it into a cup. Idk I guess just to show he's acting unusual because he's shook up. A few things about KotH like this keep me up at night. Did Hank actually think Weird Al had shot himself or was he making it up to dissuade Bobby from doing song parodies?

I think it was just supposed to be a joke about him doing something he normally wouldn't do to show how shook up he was.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

If you look at boomhauer right after the camera refocuses, his eyes are wide open lmao.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That kinda thing can happen when you're shook up for whatever reason, everyday routines get mixed up, even in harmless ways. It just stands out especially for Hank as someone who's very orderly in lifestyle and mentality and does things in very particular ways. Maybe I can just sympathise well as a similar type; when your brain gets your routines mixed up and you end up settling on whatever solution works from the various things rattling around in there, and it stands out from an outside perspective because it's such orderly chaos.

I dunno if it's a particular suburban American thing but I've seen in a few places that households will crack open cans of soft drink/soda/pop or whatever and pour them into individual cups or glasses each when having guests, which might be the routine Hank was doing accidentally.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
I just thought he associated the can with the canister of propane that blew up Buckley and the megalomart

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Another Bill posted:

it took me 3-4 viewing before I realized the instructor made the exact same mistake with Hank's name 10 seconds before

Uh, really, it did?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

yea that's the setup to the whole scene... hard to miss...

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

21st Cherry boy posted:

I just thought he associated the can with the canister of propane that blew up Buckley and the megalomart

Dang-ol’ Meg-lo-mart, dat talkin’ bout, dang-ol’ done it BOOM

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

Hink's Seed and Feed
(Formerly Chick's)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Rewatching the episode where they get lost in the huge store, I'm kinda disappointed they didn't have Mega-lo-mart appear in Daria.

SeenYourPoopypants
Mar 10, 2024

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Rewatching the episode where they get lost in the huge store, I'm kinda disappointed they didn't have Mega-lo-mart appear in Diarrhea-cha-cha-cha Diarrhea-cha-cha-cha

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Rewatching the episode where they get lost in the huge store, I'm kinda disappointed they didn't have Mega-lo-mart appear in Daria.

The Dale episode where he releases mongooses or is there another one?

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Dang-ol’ Meg-lo-mart, dat talkin’ bout, dang-ol’ done it BOOM

Sir, you are going to have to speak more slowly. I cannot understand you.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Milo and POTUS posted:

The Dale episode where he releases mongooses or is there another one?

I mean the Daria episode, they even mention propane in it.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

21st Cherry boy posted:

Sir, you are going to have to speak more slowly. I cannot understand you.

Dang
ol’
Meg
lo
mart,
dat talkin’ bout,
dang
ol’
done
it
BOOM

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Did Hank actually think Weird Al had shot himself or was he making it up to dissuade Bobby from doing song parodies?

Hank was confusing Weird Al with Dickie Goodman, another parody songwriter (probably from Hank's childhood) who actually did kill himself.

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

Soccer was invented by European ladies to keep them busy while their husbands did the cooking.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Joe the Strummer posted:

Soccer was invented by European ladies to keep them busy while their husbands did the cooking.

Why do you you have to hate what you don't understand?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

BlueBayou posted:

Why do you you have to hate what you don't understand?

I dont hate you, Bobby

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I meant soccer.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Hank was confusing Weird Al with Dickie Goodman, another parody songwriter (probably from Hank's childhood) who actually did kill himself.

Still kind of mean. Not everyone can be as funny as Ray Jay Johnson, after all.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I meant soccer.
Oh, yeah, I hate soccer.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

So does the episode with the magician feature the greatest example of Hank getting completely owned?

Just being weird and bitter all night, and then the Astounding Hererra just making him look like a dumbass and leaving him impotently fuming on stage while all his friends cheer. It was like one of those chain emails about the Navy Seal owning the smug atheist college professor

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
More info on reboot!

https://www.cracked.com/article_42225_pamela-adlon-reveals-that-bobby-will-be-21-in-the-king-of-the-hill-reboot.html

According to Adlon, the cast is currently working on the “second season of the reboot.” She similarly revealed that in the new show, “Bobby is 21” and is working as a “chef in a fusion restaurant in Dallas.”

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

When are they releasing the first season of the reboot?!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
How the hell are they doing a second season without Dale?

This is gonna suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Will Bobby be making Dallas... sallaD?