Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
dies to doomblade *yawn*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

flatluigi posted:

I can imagine it being a theme in bloomburrow, but you should note that if that card's real it's for MH3

I'd like them to print something like that into standard, in their efforts to fill up every deck with rares for arena they've created loads of decks which use lands heavily, which are really hard to interact with. Imagine if you could move Domain's 1 mana removal spell from turn 2 to turn 3, would be sweet.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Seems real good with flagstones of trokair

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Jabor posted:

noted reserved list card Thunder Spirit in shambles rn

can't wait to see WOTC argue in court that it does not violate the reserve list because of fatal push

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Mezzanon posted:

Wow this is cool if real

Anyone remember White Knight? Jesus Christ.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
Let’s go improved Lenin arbiter

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

flatluigi posted:

I can imagine it being a theme in bloomburrow, but you should note that if that card's real it's for MH3

Oh whoops, keep forgetting it's not coming to standard. I wish for an MH3 + Bloomburrow standard midweek event.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Judgy Fucker posted:

Anyone remember White Knight? Jesus Christ.

Yeah it's a shame they couldn't print this at that level. No protection from black smh.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

a new to modern: cursed mirror

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Perilous Landscape is just a strictly better Panorama, I wonder if we'll get a complete cycle in the set

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Powerbalance seems potentially interesting in EDH, not sure about 60 card. The Phyrexian Altar Goblin guy kicks rear end.

Wrath of the Skies is pretty slick against Saga decks.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Strong Sauce posted:

a new to modern: cursed mirror

all those reprints are new to modern :eng101:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Victimize , hell yeah.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

They need to print more powerful dogs!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

fadam posted:

Yeah seriously.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

fadam posted:

Suppose it helps limited a bunch, but the deck builder in me bemoans what feels like a shift of cheap constructed build-arounds to Mythic. It's non-legendary and costs 1 so a deck running it will probably want four. Phooey.

Do love the ability soup on Detective's Phoenix. Good use of these Masters sets are weird stews like that.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Mix. posted:

all those reprints are new to modern :eng101:

New to modern is the nomenclature wizards uses for reprints that enter the modern format. Not all reprints were new to modern. For example fetchlands were already modern legal so those were reprints but not new to modern.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

fadam posted:

Mkm was like 300 and you want MORE?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Suppose it helps limited a bunch, but the deck builder in me bemoans what feels like a shift of cheap constructed build-arounds to Mythic. It's non-legendary and costs 1 so a deck running it will probably want four. Phooey.

It's ultimately not too bad for building in paper magic - especially if it's going to be fun-tier more than it is actually competitive - but wow does it suck for Arena.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Strong Sauce posted:

New to modern is the nomenclature wizards uses for reprints that enter the modern format. Not all reprints were new to modern. For example fetchlands were already modern legal so those were reprints but not new to modern.

im talking the reprints in the images you posted - junk diver, victimize, estrid's invocation, etc, have never been printed in a modern legal set until now

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Buried alive in mh3. Cool. Probably not degenerate enough anymore but I want to play grixis Phoenix and lose with it

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Holy poo poo

also lmao they printed divination brainstorm for modern

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 13, 2024

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Mix. posted:

im talking the reprints in the images you posted - junk diver, victimize, estrid's invocation, etc, have never been printed in a modern legal set until now

ah got it, i thought you were talking about the new to mdoern comment. yeah i basically was copying pasting the other ones so didn't recognize any familiar artwork besides this one.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Seems bad tbh. Quench is sub-par for modern, and if you catch them tapping out and only need to spend 1 energy, your upside is ... turning the next one into a Mana Leak?

Might fit into a deck that has other energy-based interactions? A bit niche though.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Meh. Maybe if it cost U.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Another question for the goon experts, if Debt to the Deathless is played via exile from the Chaos Wand, X can still be played in addition, correct?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

AcidCat posted:

Another question for the goon experts, if Debt to the Deathless is played via exile from the Chaos Wand, X can still be played in addition, correct?

No. Whenever a card is cast "without paying its mana cost" you cannot pay for any X's in the cost. You may, however, pay "additional costs" like for Kicker and the like.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Thanks, that solved a dispute!

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Jabor posted:

Seems bad tbh. Quench is sub-par for modern, and if you catch them tapping out and only need to spend 1 energy, your upside is ... turning the next one into a Mana Leak?

Might fit into a deck that has other energy-based interactions? A bit niche though.

to be clear im holy making GBS threads because a counterspell enabler for marvel is a big deal

this spell is unplayable outside of energy

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

edit: might be overlap or previously spoiled

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 02:28 on May 13, 2024

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Trying desperately to justify nesting grounds as a losers in hammer

Edit: nice autocorrect on misers, but I’m keeping it

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Did modern really need a soul warden on juice?

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Sickening posted:

Did modern really need a soul warden on juice?

Martyr proc was already back

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Does Disruptor Flute just counter that spell if you cast it in response to theirs, naming it, or can you pay the 3 extra still?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Khanstant posted:

Does Disruptor Flute just counter that spell if you cast it in response to theirs, naming it, or can you pay the 3 extra still?

It doesn't do anything if you cast it in response to a spell you'd want to name, because the spell's already cast. So many people are going to play it incorrectly and not even realize.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Khanstant posted:

it doesn't do anything in response to a spell that's already cast but this thing will disrupt planeswalkers (since they can't use their loyalty abilities) and i believe cascade (name the card they are going to cascade to e.g. footfalls or living end).. or at least make them cost (3) to play.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Note that you don't get to see the card being cascaded/discovered before you have to play this and pick a name - so it's really for the combo cascade decks rather than the people doing it for value.

You can look forward to it being all over Brawl though.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Necrobloom is interesting, 4 mana and being a creature kills it as a FoD replacement but the fact it works before you hit the 7 is interesting.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

forget holding off on modern. pauper's gonna shift with these cards as well. hope some variant of faeries will still be viable!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003